10.3 can't come soon enough.

If you don't want the January transfers, don't install the 3rd patch.

Are you never tired of answering without reading what people actually wrote. I have never said that I dont want players attributes updates, or ME updates. What I dont want is transfer updates. Now, to get the first two updates I have to install 10.3, by doing that I get the transfer updates as well. That is the point.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Football is all about tactics. You can't just throw 11 really good players together and hope for the best.

This is a really poor statement to be honest. It is so open to criticism and is so flawed it is beyond ridiculous.

Tactics play one part, lots of other factors play very important parts too.

I would guess I could manage Real Madrid (IRL) to a win over Bognor Regis with Alex Ferguson in charge, just as an example.

I hope they are following what is happening in Turkey closely.

Because clubs are going to get more money from TV,

check this link -

http://thekartikreport.wordpress.com/2010/01/14/turkcell-super-league-digiturk-retains-super-league-broadcast-rights-through-2014/

& Galatasaray will be moving to their new stadium and earning more money than they did.

& Seyrantepe project.

I hope they are following what is happening in Turkey closely.

Because clubs are going to get more money from TV,

check this link -

http://thekartikreport.wordpress.com/2010/01/14/turkcell-super-league-digiturk-retains-super-league-broadcast-rights-through-2014/

& Galatasaray will be moving to their new stadium and earning more money than they did.

& Seyrantepe project.

Be sure they will ignore everything about Turkey ;)

If you use exactly the same everything as a user with success then, yes, you're obviously going to do well. I just think that you should work on your own tactic, instead of relying on other people's.

The 'release every 2 years' is never going to happen. And tbf to SI, they don't have to release all these patches. They've come up with a great game and, even though there are bugs, what game doesn't have at least one kind of bug.

And before you come out with a list of console games that are bugless, let me just say that console games are completely different from PC games. You're not going to get the same problems with your version of FM on the Xbox as the ones you'll get on the PC.

I'm sorry but I don't think you quite understand. I have success with my formations, i win titles, promotions, trebles, you name it. I simply do not need help with a tactic, id just like to try the tactics of the people that claim CCC are fine and they dont see any problems. I would just like to try these tactics that people use and don't see the faults with the ME that I and many others do.

As for the console games list, it's not something I would waste my time doing. PC games do have more technical issues, sure, however the base code of the game, the mechanics is pretty much the same, its just easier to make a game work without errors like crash dumps etc on consoles because every xbox or ps3 is pretty much exactly the same so errors with hardware can be picked up in testing, unlike PC's where pretty much every other PC is different from the next. Most games end up having issues of some sort, especially on PC, but we arent talking about these issues, its the game thats at fault here, the match engine is loaded with problems and this is in the games design and has nothing to do with 'bugs' or anything like that, its poor coding.

The patch part I did cover. I think SI do a fantastic job on the game and credit to them to updating it for us, but at the end of the day they pretty much have to, or the game would be broken for a full year rather than months at a time.

If you use exactly the same everything as a user with success then, yes, you're obviously going to do well. I just think that you should work on your own tactic, instead of relying on other people's.

The 'release every 2 years' is never going to happen. And tbf to SI, they don't have to release all these patches. They've come up with a great game and, even though there are bugs, what game doesn't have at least one kind of bug.

And before you come out with a list of console games that are bugless, let me just say that console games are completely different from PC games. You're not going to get the same problems with your version of FM on the Xbox as the ones you'll get on the PC.

I think he's just trying to see why and how some of these issues dont occur to some people, and does to others. It's far too disheartening to see how snobbish some folks are in dismissing others simply because "it's your tactic" or claim they're going for the "easy way out" or whatever whenever a complaint is raised if only because they didn't figure out a way to exploit a less-than-intuitive ME/game mechanics or understand the (still) vague sliders (or teamtalks etc). And this problem is more pronounced when you're trying to "roleplay" a tactic rather than just make one to beat the ME, which is likely what the average customer (who is far less likely to come onto this forum to read all the framework and what not in the first place) will be doing.

This is also largely the problem with the game industry now, that folks are "so understanding" when it comes to bugs. The consequence being that this industry must be the only industry that gets away with releasing incomplete products at full price which then get patched up later after the customers tested it for free or sold as DLC. Any other industry, you get bad press and get dumped in the bargain bin or have to issue mass recalls, but here, well.. every other game is buggy anyway, so you end up watching a movie instead while they (the industry in general) pull in the cash by selling yet another iteration of roster or graphical update :p

Spot on, its good to know theres more people out there that understand my frustration.

Are you never tired of answering without reading what people actually wrote. I have never said that I dont want players attributes updates, or ME updates. What I dont want is transfer updates. Now, to get the first two updates I have to install 10.3, by doing that I get the transfer updates as well. That is the point.

But you never said you wanted the attribute and ME updates, did you? You merely said you didn't want the transfer ones.

I'm sorry but I don't think you quite understand. I have success with my formations, i win titles, promotions, trebles, you name it. I simply do not need help with a tactic, id just like to try the tactics of the people that claim CCC are fine and they dont see any problems. I would just like to try these tactics that people use and don't see the faults with the ME that I and many others do.

Ah. You're right. I didn't get what you were saying. I digress. :)

This is a really poor statement to be honest. It is so open to criticism and is so flawed it is beyond ridiculous.

I would guess I could manage Real Madrid (IRL) to a win over Bognor Regis with Alex Ferguson in charge, just as an example.

Of course if the player level difference is massive then the answer is easy. But usually in the top leagues the difference is not that huge.

A good tactic is what brings the best out of the team as a whole. That's the beauty of team sports.

Teams like Real Madrid and Manchester City spent A LOT of money to bring together great players into one team but they are not exactly winning every single match 3-0 in their league and cups.

Team work and tactics are more important than individual skills.

Of course if the player level difference is massive then the answer is easy. But usually in the top leagues the difference is not that huge.

A good tactic is what brings the best out of the team as a whole. That's the beauty of team sports.

Teams like Real Madrid and Manchester City spent A LOT of money to bring together great players into one team but they are not exactly winning every single match 3-0 in their league and cups.

Team work and tactics are more important than individual skills.

I'd say that tactics, team work, individual skill, morale, motivation, atmosphere, and half a dozen other things, all add up to how a team peforms. It's not simply one or two things. It's everything about a football club.

I'd say that tactics, team work, individual skill, morale, motivation, atmosphere, and half a dozen other things, all add up to how a team peforms. It's not simply one or two things. It's everything about a football club.

Then I guess it's fair to say the game is flawed in that a simple "you have faith" team talk suddenly supercharges a player to score a hat trick?

Then I guess it's fair to say the game is flawed in that a simple "you have faith" team talk suddenly supercharges a player to score a hat trick?

Well... yeah, I guess. The game can't possibly factor in everything that would affect the game irl, now can it?

Well when you continually have players playing with 60% conditon after 30 minutes and you have already made two substitutions because of injuries where the players can't carry on, and then for it to start happening match after match resulting in having half a first team squad available makes it pretty impossible to play in my opinion.

Without sounding harsh I suggest you sort your training out mate, as this most certainly is not happening to me or anyone else I know who is playing 10.2, so there is obviously something wrong in what you are doing as opposed to the game being unplayable.

I suggest the game is more realistic now meaning you can't just plod along winning everything without doing any management, as opposed to previous years where you just had to buy the titles so to speak.

Yes indeed.

At the risk of asking questions which have already been answered (in which case, sorry), is this latest patch save-game compatible? How unstable is it likely to make save games (ive got one 10.1 game and one 10.2)?

And will it be possible to start a new game with 10.3 and NOT have the new transfers? I want to start as close to the real-life situation on game start date as possible. We have to have the signings in the Auguest window even though the game beings in June or July, but so be it. At least i can turn off the transfers so its the real squads through to January before the world goes all FMin' mental. I really dont want to go Middlesbrough and start the game last July with the Celtic rejects already on board!

I really hope they address the transfer issues. Its horrid the amount of bugs with it. Big clubs have inflated fees for garbage players in 10.2. And in the previous patches you cannot sell average players on a free.

I managed to sell

Steven Naismith for £10m

Kenny Miller for £6m

Steven Whittaker for £6m

Sasa Papac for £3.5m

and Kris boyd for £8.5m

All in 10.2

If anything the ability to turn a proffit on squad players who cannot progress any more is too easy.

• Administrators
At the risk of asking questions which have already been answered (in which case, sorry), is this latest patch save-game compatible? How unstable is it likely to make save games (ive got one 10.1 game and one 10.2)?

And will it be possible to start a new game with 10.3 and NOT have the new transfers? I want to start as close to the real-life situation on game start date as possible. We have to have the signings in the Auguest window even though the game beings in June or July, but so be it. At least i can turn off the transfers so its the real squads through to January before the world goes all FMin' mental. I really dont want to go Middlesbrough and start the game last July with the Celtic rejects already on board!

Yeah, when you start a new game you get a choice of what database you wish to use. The 10.3 fixes for the rest of the game will remain. Cheers.

• Administrators
I managed to sell

Steven Naismith for £10m

Kenny Miller for £6m

Steven Whittaker for £6m

Sasa Papac for £3.5m

and Kris boyd for £8.5m

All in 10.2

If anything the ability to turn a proffit on squad players who cannot progress any more is too easy.

Yeah we're aware of this and are looking into it.

Yeah we're aware of this and are looking into it.

LOL needs to be somewhere in the middle of the SI 'transfer fees attitude' slider between the extremes of 10.1's Gordon Brown Prudent Ultra Stingy Budget and 10.2's Struck Oil And Bought Club On Last Day Of Window Must Have All These Players Name Your Huge Price Budget

For the first time in about 5 years, FM has now become completely unplayable since upgrading to 10.2.

Absolute rubbish! People constantly come out with these glib statements saying the game is completely unplayable. It isn't, just because you have a few injuries doesn't make the game unplayable, so you're unlucky, that's tough, happens in real life too, live with it and make the best of what you've got.

I dont think its unplayable but strange things happen occasionally.

I got 3 central midfielders injured in one match the oponents was really dirty but still managed a lucky win by playing a stupid 5-1-4 formation.

I had to do this for couple of games but survived basically the game now you can put strange formations alien to the norm and players adapt.

I'm loathe to agree with you Leedsx3, but you're right. Football is about finding the right tactics to maximize the individual skills of your players while giving your team the best chance to succeed given their mental states, the weather, the club's short/long term goals, etc. etc. etc.

Really Really hoping the patch will introduce MORE GOALS!!!!

Since 10.2 had the long shots success rate toned down(which was a good thing) there's not enough goals in the ME. Man U finished 4th one season i played and only score 42 league goals all season.

Of course there never really has been enough goals for players who are not strikers, strikers have always scored an impossible unrealistic amount as the ME doesn't have many scrambles, deflections or slight varients in play that many defenders and midfielders score from in real football

Whilst i have no problems with the game as it is now and believe it to be excellent for the most part one thing that is really bugging me at the moment is the fact that it takes an absolute age for some players to learn even basic language for the foreign league they are playing in.I Bought Sakho for Liverpool 18months ago and he still hasn't got basic English i mean come on ,i know some footballers can be daft but he is a defender, surely it would be a priorty to get basic language in first few months!!..

Anyway sorry if its mentioned elsewhere,i am not moaning about the game in general which i am really enjoying.

Whilst i have no problems with the game as it is now and believe it to be excellent for the most part one thing that is really bugging me at the moment is the fact that it takes an absolute age for some players to learn even basic language for the foreign league they are playing in.I Bought Sakho for Liverpool 18months ago and he still hasn't got basic English i mean come on ,i know some footballers can be daft but he is a defender, surely it would be a priorty to get basic language in first few months!!..

Anyway sorry if its mentioned elsewhere,i am not moaning about the game in general which i am really enjoying.

When it comes to learning languages, it all depends on what the player's determination and adaptation stats are. If they're low them he might never learn it.

It's like irl, some people find it easy to learn to new languages. Others find it hard.

Vic

whilst i agree with what your saying about learning languages completley, as i have first hand experience in trying! my point is my player still hasnt got basic language on his info.Surely after 18months he would have that even if he never gets fluent.1 year is way more than enough time for any player to have learnt a language in basic form.As a defender you would see this as a major thing to overcome.

Anyway,just thought it could be a small bug.The main reason i am peeved is that i have Sakho as my vice captain for this season as he has top influence stat and this could be a problem.

Vic

whilst i agree with what your saying about learning languages completley, as i have first hand experience in trying! my point is my player still hasnt got basic language on his info.Surely after 18months he would have that even if he never gets fluent.1 year is way more than enough time for any player to have learnt a language in basic form.As a defender you would see this as a major thing to overcome.

Anyway,just thought it could be a small bug.The main reason i am peeved is that i have Sakho as my vice captain for this season as he has top influence stat and this could be a problem.

The name escapes me, but I'm sure there was a discussion on here a few days ago about a player who'd spent 5 years in a country irl, and still couldn't speak the basic language.

:eek:

If thats the case then i may be waiting a while yet then!!

The name escapes me, but I'm sure there was a discussion on here a few days ago about a player who'd spent 5 years in a country irl, and still couldn't speak the basic language.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think Nakamura learned much English at all, not that learning it would have done him much good in the dressing room with McManus, Hartley and McGeady mumbling about in Weegie!

I have added the 10.2 update. Found in my Man Utd game I didn't suffer a single injury to any player in any of my squads from March until November when a reserve player picked up a bruised rib in training. Injuries seem fine to me on that basis.

I do think with some people that if you install patch 10.3 you should be able to start your game in January 2010 with results up to that point included, so as to avoid starting the 09/10 season with Players the club didn't have until this past month. Plus I think it could me more fun starting mid-season and trying to improve a teams position.

IMO 10.2 is completely playable.

Sure the super keepers saving most CCC's is tough to swallow as the SK was only created to minimise the known bug, however the SK then impacts on CCC's which aren't created by the bug, by saving those CCC's too.

Since this issue is being addressed in 10.3, I can't see many problems with playabilty/frustratability.

I think the long shots issue has not been solved for 10.2, shots just simply hit the bar instead of going in. It's just crazy how many woodworks I have every game (they're not just long shots of course). Last time I had 7 before my team eventually managed to score in the FA Cup against a much weaker opponent. I haven't ever seen 7 woodworks in a single game by one team. My strikers cannot score on one-on-ones either. And the most annoying thing is that the same does not apply for the computer.

Archived