Possession Domination Tactic

Which Version Do You THink Is Best  

805 members have voted

1. 1. Which Version Do You THink Is Best

• Version 1
    • Version 2
    • Version 3

Mr Hough,

I tried this out with Everton first season.

Won Prem and Uefa Cup

All I did was remove target man and all the "cross aim" that were set to target man.

Uefa final was lucky 120 +2 Yobo vs Arsenal 3-2

Should have wrapped league up with two games to go but faultered at home to Birmingham, lost away at Liverpool and had to get something home to arsenal to be sure, and i beat them. Total of 93 points to Chelseas 90.

Before anyone asks, using v5

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Hough,

I tried this out with Everton first season.

Won Prem and Uefa Cup

All I did was remove target man and all the "cross aim" that were set to target man.

Uefa final was lucky 120 +2 Yobo vs Arsenal 3-2

Should have wrapped league up with two games to go but faultered at home to Birmingham, lost away at Liverpool and had to get something home to arsenal to be sure, and i beat them. Total of 93 points to Chelseas 90.

Before anyone asks, using v5

can you give me a link to your tweaked v5 tac?

I'm also a user of version5, so i'm looking forward to your tac.

thanks

has anyone ever noticed how hard it is to pick up an opp attacking player who sits in the whole behind the 2 strikers.

What if we could use that and use it to our advantage.

I'm working on a 4 1 2 1 2 tactic, I'll keep you posted on how it's going

has anyone ever noticed how hard it is to pick up an opp attacking player who sits in the whole behind the 2 strikers.

If the opposition has a good AMC I tend to put my DMC to specifically man mark him. Worked very well with Clement on van der Vaart.

After a mix of V3.2 & V4 dominated France with PSG, I've accepted the Rangers job and am going to use V5 there. I'll post my thoughts as the season progresses Mr Hough!

actually im working on a 4-2-3-1 a.k.a 4-3-3 formation. getting trouble with the defence only. the attacking is more creative. but might lose to GG 2010 tac.

i need mr hough helps on the def to help complete my tac. nt sure u r willing anot?

actually im working on a 4-2-3-1 a.k.a 4-3-3 formation. getting trouble with the defence only. the attacking is more creative. but might lose to GG 2010 tac.

i need mr hough helps on the def to help complete my tac. nt sure u r willing anot?

lol yeah course i am PM me it mate

sure. anyway, my ST sometime there is times where he get low rating. can u help to look into that too? thx.

just loaded it up and i see a few things i find strange.

your playing such a deep D-Line and offside??? why

You have the DR and DL on long passing you don't want this as your cutting out every player on your team and proberly giveing the ball back to the opp

i've changed alot of things all let you know how it gets on

ok sure. thx. cause this is the 1st time i try to make my own tactic. haha..

th Possession tactics are the first ones i've made i'm trying it with blyth and i really don'y have the players for it first game i lost 2-1 against wrexham.

i'm gonna try it with athletico madrid

I tried to tweak the settings on Xiaoicy's tactic and it was abot hard to do and didn't work as well as i'd hoped so i kept the formation and made a new tactic from the creater and changed the settings and roles that i wanted to and as i would want my team to play like.

This is my first result with this new tactic.

th_firstgame.jpg

the main problem is the def and the ST right? all 5 of them didnt work as well as u expect them to work rite?

it was just difficult to get the team going this way to be honest mate, I'll PM you the tactic i've been working on and you can have a look at that if you want?

Right, this is going to sound stupid but give it a go anyway.

I started a thread regarding performances not matching the stats, at the time i was using Mr Hough's V5 and i still am + the following tweaks.

1. Change the AMR to MR(closes the gap between DMC and AMR)

2. Change anyone on Hard tackling to Normal

Now for the part that sounds stupid

3. Go to "Touchline Instructions" before the match kicks off and change your strategy to "Defensive"

4. Choose the following shouts, "Retain Possession" - "Pass to feet" - "Stay on Feet"

After a lot of mixed results(although good performances) with the original V5, my West Ham team have become more or less unbeatable by adding the above tweaks.

I came upon this largely by accident as despite often having the first chance or two in the game and not scoring with the original V5 i found that the AI was almost always scoring with their first effort.

So i decided to try to see out the first ten/fifteen minutes of a game without conceeding, then i would switch back to the V5. Instead i found that i was having more chances and scoring them, whilst the AI was having less chances than usual and hardly ever mustered a CCC unless it was a absolute individual player error.

Yes i still concede, mostly from distance or set pieces though, only conceeding 1 CCC every two or three matches. I have now only lost about three of my last 35 games and even in those matches we were the better side.

Fair enough i was three seasons in when i came across this and i fully accept that this may just be one of those weird things that work for that certain person and nobody else, so if its crap sorry for wasting your time.

I'm playing as West Ham by the way and by no means do i have a fantastic team, its good but its not like i'm playing as Manure or Chelski and have a team full of World Class players.

Anyway, give it a go if you want, if not dont and if you do and its totally pants then i apologise in advance, but hey, nothing ventured and all that.

I'm off to start a new game with a mediocre EPL club to see if it works?

Good tactic Mr Hough :thup:

@hammer1000

interseting but how have you fared when playing defenseive teams like stoke, hull, bolton or any other teams in the bottom three? would you recommend playing defensive even when heavy favorites? like in a league cup game or fa cup game.

@hammer1000

interseting but how have you fared when playing defenseive teams like stoke, hull, bolton or any other teams in the bottom three? would you recommend playing defensive even when heavy favorites? like in a league cup game or fa cup game.

For whatever reason it still works against defensive teams, in fact before i used the tweaks i was constantly annoyed by teams like Hull, Stoke etc playing the ball around my players like it was a practice match against some 5 year old kids, or if not that, i would get a massive amount of possession, yet not muster much in the way of attempts at goal, whilst the opposition were outshooting me.

The tweaks have largely put paid to that, for me anyway and i'd be interested to see if the same goes for anyone else?

yeah well strange to say it is working mate, well done to you and mr hough for the orginal tactic.

Only tested it out with my man utd save but in march 12 points clear, league cup winners and only lost one at the early stage.

Well done again for the find.

For whatever reason it still works against defensive teams, in fact before i used the tweaks i was constantly annoyed by teams like Hull, Stoke etc playing the ball around my players like it was a practice match against some 5 year old kids, or if not that, i would get a massive amount of possession, yet not muster much in the way of attempts at goal, whilst the opposition were outshooting me.

The tweaks have largely put paid to that, for me anyway and i'd be interested to see if the same goes for anyone else?

These are actually the tweaks I use in my tweaked control version when playing lesser teams that still possess specific competence ( i.e botom teams in the highest league). I play with a deeper d-line and normal mentality ("Defensive), slightly more narrow and with resticted t-balls (Retain Possession"). The more narrow formation in combination with normal tackling makes our players " stay on feet", the shorter and simpler passing makes us "pass to feet".

So overall, it makes all the sence in the world. Good work garry :thup:

Hmm, interesting tweaks Hammer, though they are a bit strange. The reason I say strange is because those shouts you use, shouldn't really have any effect at all on this tactic since it uses custom settings. So if you were to set the strategy to Defensive then it really wouldn't do anything in terms of changing the slider settings, because those settings were custom set by Mr. Hough already. The same with shouts like "pass to feet" or "retain possession". When you select them, there are really no changes to the slider settings at all, for the reason I stated earlier.

I'm wondering if perhaps your team simply found a very good vein of form and so it seemed that those shouts did something. It could be just a coincidence.

I am using V5 as well with Hoffenheim, and it works really well. Went on an unbeaten run while recording a lot of clean sheets. I also just tried your tweaks and for the first time my team actually conceded goals, however, we still won the game 5-3. I think though, us conceding those goals was simply a coincidence and were not really caused because I used your tweaks. I'm still quite skeptical that those tweaks effect this tactic in any way because the tactic uses custom settings and the shouts are designed to be used only with the tactic creator tactics and settings.

I have just started a game with Wolves, so i will post screenshots of my results and performances as i go.

To be honest what with Wolves having a little money to spend and a half decent squad, i would consider it a failure if i was not to finish between 8th and 12th in the first season.

TBH - More luck than judgement in all honesty, but if it continues to work i'll take it :thup:

After around 10 matches of drawing or losing with Wrexham and the team having poor morale because of it,I decided to try hammer1000 tweaks in mid season and everything turned around for me. I never let in a early goal for the rest of the season and had perhaps 15 chances each match against the opponents 2 or 3.

I would say this is as close to killer tactic I have seen.

After around 10 matches of drawing or losing with Wrexham and the team having poor morale because of it,I decided to try hammer1000 tweaks in mid season and everything turned around for me. I never let in a early goal for the rest of the season and had perhaps 15 chances each match against the opponents 2 or 3.

I would say this is as close to killer tactic I have seen.

Wow, great stuff mate hope it continues. :thup:

Here is the EPL Table after 10 games in my Wolves save.

bymf5.jpg

I dont know why but it just seems to work?

My most expensive signing(Faubert £3M over 48 months + player) got injured after 31 mins of the very first game(broken leg, out 6 months) :mad:

I am playing as Cardiff and am usinng v5, with NO target man and wingers crossing to mixed. I have done this as playing with 2 small pacy strikers. Should I switch target man back on?

Also, how long does it take a team to bed in - I have made 9 changes to starting 11.

Currently won 5 lost 2, but the games I lost I got battered! - any solutions?

Wow, great stuff mate hope it continues. :thup:

Here is the EPL Table after 10 games in my Wolves save.

I dont know why but it just seems to work?

My most expensive signing(Faubert £3M over 48 months + player) got injured after 31 mins of the very first game(broken leg, out 6 months) :mad:

Does it work if you stay as Attacking or Control, but keep Retain Possession, Stay on Feet, Pass to Feet? Or is this only used to hold onto leads?

Tested Hammers tweaks in a awaygame against Barcelona with my atletico madrid, just do see the difference with the tweaks made I saved before the game and first played against barca with the original v5 (lost 0-3), then I played it with the tweaks and won 3-2 (1-1 in halftime). For some reason the touchline instructions disappeared in halftime which barca took adventage of and made a goal in the first minute of the second half. Although i managed to turn things around and won the very important game (me 1st, barca 2nd in the league).... I know this is just one game but will continue testing this and also report back after some time....

how do you use the instructions before kick off

i can only click when it has kicked off

Change highlights to full game, make the changes and then swap highlights back to whatever you had it on before.

Although by rights you SHOULD be able to get this info to your players before kick off.

I am using Man City with V5. I'd say, fantastic tactic it is! But a little problem is: I can beat Man Utd and Arsenal away, and didn't lose a game at all; but back to home, sometimes I cannot beat even burnley. Should I make some tweaks? Or it is just how Man City plays at home? Thanks.

I think Hammer1000 is on to something here you know, I'm currently trying make a 4 1 2 1 2 tactic it's been going really well with bugger teams but i thought i'd test with a lower prem team so choose stoke.

After a very frustrating start losing 2-0 to man utd 4-1 to chelsea and drawing 0-0 with burnley i thought i'd try Hammers tweaks/Shouts to my tactic.

i was losing 2-0 to liverpool and managed to pull it back to 2-2 heading into half-time thats when i made the shouts at the start of the second half.

I ended up winning 5-2 and liverpool hardly had a chance in the second half it should have been 6 but Ronaldo hit the post and the ball bounced back to the keeper.

I'm gonna keep trying thee shouts, Well done and Good find Hammer1000

Archived