The 8.0.2 New Game Attributes "Problem"

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by azeri4life:

Can I ask what exactly these changes were and why they are indeed then affecting only some players?

Thanks, Mehdi. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont want to go too deep into the technicalities on here to be honest. Its been covered in a fair amount of detail in this and other threads in the past.

Bottom line - the CA-attribute algorithm has been tuned so that CA is a more reliable guide to player performance in FM.

icon_smile.gif

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by azeri4life:

I just dont really understand why the random element attribute adjustment effect was taken away - I would prefer to have it in, although I can see what people are saying when they say it is the researcher's job to decide on the attributes - and not the game, meaning that if the stats went up by one or two in game from the game editor then it would tone down the realism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is this "random element" you refer to? The change from 8.0.1 to 8.0.2 in terms of player attribute vs CA isnt that dramatic, and according to my tests, in terms of Elano and Ronaldo the differences between 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 are pretty subtle......

Paul </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paul:

I can provide examples of some players dropping down and some players increasing on all the weighted attributes across the board.

In Turkey we have two defensive midfielders who are competing for the backup position on the national team. Both are rated similarly with one hazing a 120 CA and the other 123 CA. Their RCA also matches their CA.

However the 120 CA player gets 1 point taken off every single one of his weighted attributes and the 123 CA player gets 1 point added to all of his weighted attributes. So instead of the two players looking very similar, they have a huge gap between eachother. I plug in the game attributes to the editor and I find that the RCA of the 120 CA player has dropped down to 107 and the RCA of the 123 player has gone up to 138.

The main difference between the two is that the 120 CA player is two footed, and the 123 CA player is one footed. I can understand if this warrants a slight drop in some of the weighted attributes but certainly not a drop across the board.

• SI Staff

As I said earlier in the thread, we think there may be a problem with RCA being out of sync between the game and the mini-editor used by researchers.

We are looking into it obviously, so that next time around you guys dont have any inconsistency.

Cheers,

Paul

What is the RCA? I've never heard of that, sorry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, what does R stand for? icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulC:

Can I ask what exactly these changes were and why they are indeed then affecting only some players?

Thanks, Mehdi. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont want to go too deep into the technicalities on here to be honest. Its been covered in a fair amount of detail in this and other threads in the past.

Bottom line - the CA-attribute algorithm has been tuned so that CA is a more reliable guide to player performance in FM.

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers for the replies Paul.

By "so that CA is a more reliable guide to player performance" is to make CA and attributes more closely linked some how?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mitja:

yeah, what does R stand for? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can only assume R for recommended? (as in by the reearchers?)

Paul - whats the easiest way to change back to 8.0.1? Would i have to uninstall fm then install it again?

What i plan to do is keep my desktop 8.0.2 so i can start new games as i like the new match engine but have my laptop on 8.0.1 so i can continue my current saves without being affected by the attributes drop.

Any help would be appreciated

Sorry SI, but are you freakin' kiddin'? I installed the patch as soon as it came out.

6 seasons, quite a bit of time IRL actually getting through those, toiling and suffering away, and I finally complete building a Rangers side that is just about strong enough to challenge in the Champions League, perform consistently in the Legaue, and dominate in the Cups. I even have the club up to 3rd Richest club in the world, thanks to my flogging of an unbelieveable Alan Hutton to Chelsea for an obscene £40.5 million.

Now, a mere week before my crucial quarter-final first leg in the Stadio Del Alpi, I check my rock at the back's training, only to discover his marking (previously 19) has dropped to 15, and his tackling (his forte at an imperious 20) has fallen to a mere 16. These are the worst cases, but his decisions, composure, and anticipation have all dropped.

If this happens to more players, my team will end up being decimated. Now, I understand that the atch is an oppurtunity for SI to tweak the DB to fix errors they feel they have made in the default, but why suddenly move the goalposts in the middle of a save game?!?!?!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Law_Man:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mitja:

I can only assume R for recommended? (as in by the reearchers?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it could be 'r' for researchers icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Law_Man:

I can only assume R for recommended? (as in by the reearchers?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is indeed what it means. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KnightedManager:

Sorry SI, but are you freakin' kiddin'? I installed the patch as soon as it came out.

6 seasons, quite a bit of time IRL actually getting through those, toiling and suffering away, and I finally complete building a Rangers side that is just about strong enough to challenge in the Champions League, perform consistently in the Legaue, and dominate in the Cups. I even have the club up to 3rd Richest club in the world, thanks to my flogging of an unbelieveable Alan Hutton to Chelsea for an obscene £40.5 million.

Now, a mere week before my crucial quarter-final first leg in the Stadio Del Alpi, I check my rock at the back's training, only to discover his marking (previously 19) has dropped to 15, and his tackling (his forte at an imperious 20) has fallen to a mere 16. These are the worst cases, but his decisions, composure, and anticipation have all dropped.

If this happens to more players, my team will end up being decimated. Now, I understand that the atch is an oppurtunity for SI to tweak the DB to fix errors they feel they have made in the default, but why suddenly move the goalposts in the middle of a save game?!?!?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree this should have been stated in bold with the patch.

If I understand correctly there is new recalculation of the attributes to cope with the changes in the Database. However, the game we all started last fall had a different database. So now in our savegames the game engine is adapting to a database that does not exist....

I can only repeat what the guy above said: Are you freaking kidding me?

If this would be a one month patch I would understand, I could restart the game, fine, maybe the game is better.

BUT this is 5 (almost 6) months after you came up with the game. I bet that everybody has a game probably 10 years in the future. If I need to abandon that game, it truly sucks big time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ifllorescu:

If I understand correctly there is new recalculation of the attributes to cope with the changes in the Database. However, the game we all started last fall had a different database. So now in our savegames the game engine is adapting to a database that does not exist.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no. game isn't adapting to none database. are you kiding? it's just that every patch's match engine is different. stats were being affected on every saved game when you patched it! this is nothing new. only that this patch's ME tends to lower atributes then those before. and that's good IMO. I realy don't see any problem here, if you started the new game, stats would work normaly.

much bigger problem is how ME matches up editor stats. turning "avarage players into exellant and exellant into avarage".

• SI Staff

FAO all, a heads up:

Unless you are involved with our data research team then all the stuff posted about mini editors and RCA's is irrelevant to you. Neither are part of the game itself.

icon_smile.gif

come on Paul. this atribute issue with the game code reading data from the db affects us all. more I look in my db more players I notice. it's not that turns anticipation from 12 to 13. it's crazy, changing many player's stats by even +/- 2 points. I meen all stats.

As the other thread was locked I'll repost this here:

My coaches are saying that Aguero is playing close to his full potential. Is it still possible that he will develop close to the level he was before the patch? Are the coach reports accurate instantly after the patch or do the coaches need time to re-asses the players after the changes?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Originally posted by PaulC:

I bet Aguero is still ace....there is a screenshot of him in 8.0.2 in either this or the other thread and he looks pretty darn good to me! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No he isn't. icon_smile.gif I think he was overrated before, but now he is just mediocre. And not really performing at all. Of course it might be my tactics, but before the patch he was scoring 20-25 goals per season and after the patch he hasn't scored once. Running with the ball through the middle seems much harder after the patch, and since that is what Aguero <STRIKE>is</STRIKE> was good at, the patch pretty much made him useless.

I'll probably have to sell him before his value starts decreasing. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LSS:

As the other thread was locked I'll repost this here:

My coaches are saying that Aguero is playing close to his full potential. Is it still possible that he will develop close to the level he was before the patch? Are the coach reports accurate instantly after the patch or do the coaches need time to re-asses the players after the changes?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Originally posted by PaulC:

I bet Aguero is still ace....there is a screenshot of him in 8.0.2 in either this or the other thread and he looks pretty darn good to me! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No he isn't. icon_smile.gif I think he was overrated before, but now he is just mediocre. And not really performing at all. Of course it might be my tactics, but before the patch he was scoring 20-25 goals per season and after the patch he hasn't scored once. Running with the ball through the middle seems much harder after the patch, and since that is what Aguero <STRIKE>is</STRIKE> was good at, the patch pretty much made him useless.

I'll probably have to sell him before his value starts decreasing. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly allmost 2 points for each stat. I wouldn't mind if players stats only decrease (becouse I think players were over rated in the 1st place), but when you start a new game there are plenty of players whos stats were pumped up by 2 points for allmost each. it meens there is unrealistic number of too good players...

I don't understand what SI tried to do here. I guess they wanted to cut down the difference between avarage/good/exellant players. some reply would be nice icon_smile.gif

Mind if I stick my oar in and disagree with virtually everyone? The way I see it is that all the players you have mentioned are top internationals and not representative of the entire spread of ability in the game.

In fact, premier-division-quality players as a whole only represent what - the top 20% or something of players in the game? So in reality such players would be expected to have attributes generally in the 17-20 range, by my calculations.

I think if there are problems with game balance that it is due to the game being skewed towards the needs of simulating the elite, instead of the world of football from top to bottom as a whole.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ifllorescu:

I agree this should have been stated in bold with the patch.

If I understand correctly there is new recalculation of the attributes to cope with the changes in the Database. However, the game we all started last fall had a different database. So now in our savegames the game engine is adapting to a database that does not exist....

I can only repeat what the guy above said: Are you freaking kidding me?

If this would be a one month patch I would understand, I could restart the game, fine, maybe the game is better.

BUT this is 5 (almost 6) months after you came up with the game. I bet that everybody has a game probably 10 years in the future. If I need to abandon that game, it truly sucks big time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my game is 20 years ahead but I will keep playing, I don't see any problem. lots of good players are affected, so those decreases may affect you and your rivals.

Besides I'm playing only with welsh players, and after this issue I still have the best of them. A couple of them are truly affected, but if it's realistic it's 100% ok for me.

I'm not saying that does not exist a potential problem, but the game is still playable. If you don't like your players, sell them, but surely they are still among best players in the world icon_wink.gif

I just seems to think there is a bug with the editor. Maybe i am wrong as i don't usually touch the editor, but Elano is way too good.

I notice if you want Elano dribbling to be 16, you gonna put him at 13/14 in the editor. That's the experiment i did.icon_smile.gif

I guess the easy way out is to use the FMM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joshlee:

fix this problem please...

it is totally unplayble </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well it's playable but somehow tottaly unrealistic.

everytime's something goes wrong they don't reply. we would probably see miles explaining that it's a human bug, which testing team didn't notice and that they're looking in it and considering something icon_eek.gif

Guest Joshlee

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joshlee:

everytime's something goes wrong they don't reply. we would probably see miles explaining that it's a human bug, which testing team didn't notice and that they're looking in it and considering something icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i really doubt that they did test the game seriously, since there are still a lot of problem

• SI Staff

everytime's something goes wrong they don't reply. we would probably see miles explaining that it's a human bug, which testing team didn't notice and that they're looking in it and considering something icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come off it.

Its not a bug in the game, the attributes in the game are as they should be. There is possibly a bug in the tool that is used by researchers to compile player data, but that does not affect the realism of that attributes in the game.

Far too much is being made of this by non researchers.

Please, just play the game and enjoy the better balance between CA and attributes and hence more realism. There is zero chance of any update addressing this area of the game.

let's have a look what your researchers think of this issue.

Arsenal71 (arsenal researcher wrote this on data forum); "There is something terribly going wrong with the code, increasing and decreasing some players against the stats in the db. Very strange.

There is another bug that the code has generated. The loan that is for 119m should expire in 2010 not 2020. Something in the code has generated another 10 years when its not listed like that in the db.

Some big issues with the game code reading data from the db. Hopefully it can be sorted for the updated patch next week."

Ronaldo is a joke... passing/long shots/first touch/crossing/composure sucks. Look at Ronaldinho: he just cant play a regular match. And altough Ronaldo is Europe top scorer, he aint got good Finishing and Composure.

btw... is Anderson as good as real life? I would like to see his stats. He is a fabulous midfielder IRL, and will probably be better than Fabregas.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GioRotterdam:

Post some of their Statistics aswell while you're at it, I am sure both Kaka and C. Ronaldo have way better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't you get it. I don't GAF how cristiano looks.

"There is something terribly going wrong with the code, increasing and decreasing some players against the stats in the db. Very strange. Some big issues with the game code reading data from the db. Hopefully it can be sorted for the updated patch next week." and this is said by arsenal researcher. the problem is that this flaw turns avarage DC into new Terry-http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3082/bourillonci5.jpg.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GioRotterdam:

Post some of their Statistics aswell while you're at it, I am sure both Kaka and C. Ronaldo have way better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't you get it. I don't GAF how cristiano looks.

"There is something terribly going wrong with the code, increasing and decreasing some players against the stats in the db. Very strange. Some big issues with the game code reading data from the db. Hopefully it can be sorted for the updated patch next week." and this is said by arsenal researcher. the problem is that this flaw turns avarage DC into new Terry-http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3082/bourillonci5.jpg. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They may look like the new John Terry but they do not perform at the same level as Terry does so what's the problem? You are making a big problem out of nothing, just listen to what PaulC said.

Guest Joshlee

Come off it.

Its not a bug in the game, the attributes in the game are as they should be. There is possibly a bug in the tool that is used by researchers to compile player data, but that does not affect the realism of that attributes in the game.

Far too much is being made of this by non researchers.

Please, just play the game and enjoy the better balance between CA and attributes and hence more realism. There is zero chance of any update addressing this area of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

suddenly the bug turn Elano in to worldclass player such as ronaldinho,would u say thaht is normal?

come on, i think SI always give themselves excuses on the problem, please admit that this is a problem and mistake

this will be my last post on this metter hopefully icon_wink.gif I want repeat what's the issue, becouse you don't have to be realy smart to figure it out from this link:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/4807/guillonri0.jpg

it's no wonder that DC's score so many goals from corners (not only beecouse of that). this guy Guillon has CA 127 and I wouldn't complain if he had 157. compare him to the guys like Nelsen or Carvalho and you'll see things are clear.

thank you for your patience. icon_wink.gif

cheers Mitja

this will be my last post on this metter hopefully icon_wink.gif I want repeat what's the issue, becouse you don't have to be realy smart to figure it out from this link:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/4807/guillonri0.jpg

it's no wonder that DC's score so many goals from corners (not only beecouse of that). this guy Guillon has CA 127 and I wouldn't complain if he had 157. compare him to the guys like Nelsen or Carvalho and you'll see things are clear.

thank you for your patience. icon_wink.gif

cheers Mitja

Archived