FM10SX - mac savegame editor/scout

littleblue50

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cry everyday when I come to this thread to see that the Royal Mail still sucks. I live in America and I thought OUR postal service was horrible--at least they don't go on strike! Let's send LB the 7 quid to go down to the local store and buy a cable!

BTW, LB, may I say that a big reason why I play FM is your awesome companion app. I have a certain custom player who I cannot let retire, so your software lets me keep him in tip top shape at age 25! Thank you so much for all of your hard work! I wouldn't get more than a few seasons into FM without FMSX!

it would probably be faster to transfer the information on a floppy than wait for the damn post

but who knew

one week - best case scenario...

so hopefully by weds it can get released. Will be perfect because we will then know the European WC Qualifying results...will be time to recreate!!! LOL

please answer us, littleblue. Thers is silence but I feel all the mac users in this thread are burning in anxiety to stop our lively social life and scout some cheap winger in Tanzania...it's not a matter of life and death. Its much more important than that... :)

Very excited about this prospect! Only reason I've kept my old PC laptop is so I can run FMGenie on it while playing FM on my Mac.

You got the cut-out Megapack V2 yet littleblue50? If not drop me your address and I'll post you a DVD of it as thanks!

Very excited about this prospect! Only reason I've kept my old PC laptop is so I can run FMGenie on it while playing FM on my Mac.

You got the cut-out Megapack V2 yet littleblue50? If not drop me your address and I'll post you a DVD of it as thanks!

You can run Genie on Mac. All you have to do is to download Darwine. No need of any PC :-)

Really? I have never had problem running Genie. I don't mean to sound obvious, but Genie is not very flexible when a new patch comes out, you need the right Genie for you patch. Genie 9.3 --> FM9.3

Yeah, it was Genie 9.3 that didn't work, the previous ones were fine.

I think it's just one of those things, programs like Crossover and Wine are a bit of a bodge, I tried multiple versions of each to no avail. This year all my wishes should be solved though with this marvellous editor.

just got the cable so development is continuing now :)

Oh that is good news.

Just another plug for open source, if you could use Googlecode (or whichever you wish) I think you'd find that with all the Mac users who also know Xcode, you'd probably get plenty of help solving bugs and issues.

And who knows, it might even help to complete the project faster than the mail folks took to deliver the cable.

:D

Oh that is good news.

Just another plug for open source, if you could use Googlecode (or whichever you wish) I think you'd find that with all the Mac users who also know Xcode, you'd probably get plenty of help solving bugs and issues.

+1 for this suggestion, I do lots of open source stuff, and it really does work :) - Though I remember suggesting this a year ago on the fm-britain forums too... It's understandable if you want to keep it closed source for philosophical reasons. Though I would say, if you aren't releasing the source because you are embarrassed about the quality of the code - don't be. I've had the same thoughts about some of my work, but no-one minds or has a go at you for it.

Happy coding in any case :)

Archived