dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Weston-super-mare v Gloucester City

The two teams take to the pitch, the hosts have lined up with an attacking 442, the visitors with their tried and trusted 4132.

Within minutes Kinch tests Johnny Good in the Tigers goal as the hosts make the early foray. Its a heavy pitch and the coach immediately signals his players to play direct football...within minutes the Tigers are testing the opposing keeper out

6 minutes in the Tigers with their first corner, the fans stand up, as Seawest who's been deadly all season long, flicks his header into the side-netting.

The Tigers are dominating possession now as the hosts fail to get a touch

8 mins in Weston win a corner, its cleared by Seawest..Wrigley now with a chance to launch a counterattack as he spots Vanity making the early run...Vanity breaks behind the two defenders...races down and slots the ball past the keeper..the stands erupt! The Tigers have the lead. Its a brilliant counterattacking move

14 mins in and the Tigers have a freekick in the opposing third. Peter Pan crosses the ball to the other end of the pitch to find Santa Claus at the edge of the box. He nods the ball to Vanity who makes it two!!

Two goals in 4 minutes, the hosts are a dejected lot..they better get their act together or this could turn out to be a rout

The Tigers have set up camp in the opposing third and Weston can't find a way out

25mins in and Weston have a freekick...Oh Horror of Horrors..the Tigers keeper he's coming out...NO he's missed a simple catch...Weston have pulled back The manager is absolutely furious, he throws the bucket across the dugout.

That goal has energised Weston-super-mare as they begin to assert themselves into the game. They've forced the keeper into making 2 saves now. The Tigers are on the backfoot

30 mins in Bond finds Heal on the edge of the box..he plays it through to Kinch..unmarked he somehows find it easier to miss when he should score...things are not looking good for the Tigers

36 mins in..the tempo appears to have slowed down, the Tigers are passing the ball around and trying to take the sting out of weston's tail

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

45 mins in..a rash clearance at the back gives the tigers a lucky corner..its taken by Ian Flemings..its cleared...Fleming puts it back in..oh no...Kinch puts the ball in his own net...Vanity has taken credit for that goal..apparently he was the last to touch the ball...lets wait now..yes the referee has given it.

He calls for the half to end

I'm looking at joining in on the challenge, but have my heart set on managing Harlow Town if they come up. Has anybody seen Harlow Town come up after going on holiday?

I lived there for a few months in 2004, and totally want to cut my teeth with them...

Weston-super-mare v Gloucester Tigers 2nd Half

The Tigers come out looking hungry, the guvnor has obviously told them something at the break

With half an hour left on the clock...a good spell here for the Tigers as Christopher Reeve hits the upright with a shot from range..

With 15 mins left..a great passing move, finds Vanity at the edge of the box..he shoots..the upright saves the day again

Vanity is running his socks off, wins another corner..the balls in the net..no wait..the referee gives a foul for the tackle in the box

Time's running out...the referee looks to his watch..he blows the whistle...the coaching staff storm the pitch, they're jubilant...the Tigers have done it!. They've won the title!!

Just started this with Gloucester City. My first choice strikers got injured for 2 months and 5 months in their first game and my star player with 5 goals in 6 games has now got injured for a month in my 6th game. icon_mad.gif

Still 3 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses, 8 scored, 4 conceeded leaves us 9th in the table.

A really good start considering the media prediction is for us to finish bottom of the league.

Gloucester City Update

A successful first season with Rashidi Yekini at the helm has seen the Tigers finish champions of the BSP.

The league table makes for interesting viewing. The reasons for our success undoubtedly had to be our backline.

An offer of 250K for their resolute defender was too hard to pass up, we've pocketed the money and are staring at 100K at least in transfer money for an assault on the BSP title.

A lot will have to be done in preseason, by my reckoning we will need two fullbacks and one defender. Upfront we already have 5 strikers in the books, and although we didn't go on a goal scoring spree like the 4 teams that finished below us last season, we really need to find a top class finisher.

The team intends to use the same tactics that proved so good last season, our away record easily the best in the league where we were only breached 15 times, but our scoring rate was a low 34. We'll need to improve on that next season, but we do not intend to rack up cheap loans from premiership sides. There is enough talent in the league to do just that.

There will be a need for some experience in midfield which we sorely lack. Youthful exuberance can only take us so far.

Its time for the Tigers to start mauling the BSP.

Pre-Season Activity

Crawley who finished second last season and scored a whopping 133 goals, have signed every player I was after. That means the have a hell of a keeper, a superb backline and an awesome firing machine upfront. Oh boy

I forgot to renew my assman's contract, and he left in the summer...and i had to waste 25K on one to replace him.

We've already lost the first friendly, nothing has changed.

I've never been this excited with LLM football..because i've never had anyone buy a player off me for 200k in the BSS. We feel like millionaires

Originally posted by stinger061:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Quavis:

Ealier in the thread we were discussing the intentional creation of big club friendlies to make massive amounts of money. Most agreed that we should have a gentlemens agreement to not do this.

The question: I have just been challenged by the Man U reserves to a home friendly in the course of normal friendly generation at the start of a new season. Would this qualify under the agreement or just be considered dumb luck such as in any of the cup draws? What kind of other friendlies are people getting offered at the start of seasons?

I have accepted the friendly for now just to be able to get past the screen, but theres no way I will pass the date tonight anyways so I will leave it open for debate and can always cancel it later.

I believe it was generally accepted in this case that if you are offered the friendly than it's not a problem. Also as it is against the reserves chances the crowd will be no bigger than any other friendly. Finally i would say it's not a problem as big clubs such as Man U often play friendlies against lower league clubs within their own country. The biggest problem was people setting up friendlies against the reserves of big foreign clubs which is obviously unrealistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just my opion and the "rules" I am using for myself......

I think geography needs to taken into account here. Playing as Halesowen at the start of my 2nd season I organised friendlies against local sides like Kidderminster, Bromsgrove and Worcester (some home and some away). I rejected a proposed friendly from Lyons Reserves as his just didnt seem realistic at all. I agree that some Prem clubs will play weakened or reserve teams against local non-league clubs in real life but with local being the important word. Hence I also rejected a friendly Portsmouths Reserves but would have accpeted if it was Birmingham or Villa.

anyone any idea when we might be getting the proper first patch?? i'm contemplating starting afresh on the challenge, but am tempted to wait for the patch before doing so.

as much as i like a few of the players i have at worksop, am i finding it frustrating not having any transfer budget. might have to head south as from what i can see, more success is coming from the teams promoted to the Blue Square South....

Halesowen Town 2012/2013

League One - Media prediction 6th

The most consistent season to date for Halesowen town saw the team never see the lower half of the table, and spend most of the season in a comfortable second place, behind runaway leaders Milwall, at one stage 16 points clear. A late run from Peterborough threatened the automatic promotion places, and going into the final game, they had the advantage by a single point. While I thumped Plymouth 4-0 at home, my fate was in the hands of peterborough, who obligingly bottled it, and could only manage a 1-1 draw at home to Brighton. Hapless Peterborough were then stuffed 7-1 on aggregate in the playoff semis by Yeovil, who went on to beat MK Dons in the playoff final.

In the premier league, Portsmouth were relegated with a 9 point reduction, without which they would have still gone down on goal difference. More suprisingly perhaps, it was Reading who took the league title! I will be cancelling my relationship with West Brom, as they were relegated and will also be playing championship football next season.

Unfortunately, my team were outclassed in the semi final, with a 3-1 aggregate defeat to Coventry city, who went on to beat Brighton at Wembley.

Top scorer

Table

Graph

My ground capacity is now over 8200, with further renovations promised. Further improvements to training and youth facilities to look forward to also.

Bring on the Championship!

Bedford Town - Blue Square Premier - 2011-12 End of Season Review

well, this was a tough one. after finishing in 2nd in BSS last year, i went into the conference proper with high confidence and predicted a mid-table finish for the board. but with a media prediction of dead last, this was always gonna be tough.

after a strong finish, with Caton finding some of the form that got us promoted last year we finished 16th, and the board were most pleased.

final table

league graph

as you can see from the graph we spent much of the season toying with the possibility of relegation. i was very pleased with 3 games to go when it stopped being mathematically possible, i can tell you.

here's the squad:

squad & stats

as you can see, if it hadn't been for Caton's great contribution we'd have been straight back down. we're looking more and more like a one horse team.

i'm slightly struggling to keep hold of my finances. dropping attendances due to poor performance, coupled with lack of restraint with handing out wages and bonuses mean its the only area my board are concerned about:

confidence

plans for 2012/13

so i decided to try and build on team, with as few changes as possible. a new keeper was a must and after much negotiation i got one, on the highest wages of anyone in the club!

add to that a new centre back, a new central midfielder and some new back up i was set for another mid-table finish

this was unexpected:

friendly

i accepted, and they turned up with drogba, sahar and carvalho. needless to say i lost

this was equally unexpected:

parent club

i severed my ties with peterborough the summer before, with the intension of findimg someone new, but the board were unable to find anyone then. i sort of forgot about it and this came out of the blue!

season 2012/13 update

hmm, where to start? my new keeper? like a seive. conceded 15 in his first 4 games. however many shots on target the opposition had, that's how many goals they scored.

i signed another keeper, figured he maybe needed competition. he was just as bad.

i've played 11 now, won 2, drew 1 and lost 8. sitting in 21st and looking good for the drop icon_frown.gif

Andy Caton? second to top scorer in the league with 9 in 11...

i've changed formation and tactics 3 times already.

its so depressing...

Originally posted by stinger061:

My laptop decided to shut itself down for no apparent reason while i was playing yesterday. I only lost 2 or 3 games but i have decided to wait until the patch is released before continuing.

Overheat? There's a thread in the Bugs forum about overheats - search for "Threading".

Alternatively, try unticking threading in the options -> Preferences screen.

As promised last night, my playoff games in my BS premier 2010-2011 season!

Playoff Semi Final Leg 1

After this result I wasnt particulaly confident, as my away form during the season was average as best.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u279/sergent21/playoff22011.jpg

My insticnt proved to be correct with my lack of cutting edge up front a problem in my biggest game of the season. Oh well, maybe next season..

For next season

Well, generally I was happy with my team going forward, except in big games, but probably leave that part of my team as it is. Defensively last season we was more than non existant, so this is the part of tyhe team I'm going to spend most of my wage budget improving.

Another thing is I am going to try and get some new coaches, as my players are not improving as much as I was hoping they would.

Roll on next season, I'm Quietly confident icon14.gif

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

anyone any idea when we might be getting the proper first patch?? i'm contemplating starting afresh on the challenge, but am tempted to wait for the patch before doing so.

as much as i like a few of the players i have at worksop, am i finding it frustrating not having any transfer budget. might have to head south as from what i can see, more success is coming from the teams promoted to the Blue Square South....

You usually don't get any transfer budgets playing this challenge, so i doubt if a patch is going to make much of a difference

Originally posted by Cider Ed:

Ive decided to make this challenge my main game this year

Only two teams appealed to me, Kings Lynn and Tiverton so went for the lower reputation club

New Tiverton Manager

That's what keeps happening to me...I had this big dream of starting a challenge as unemployed and giving myself a goal of getting winning the ECL with as many different teams in the shortest time possible, starting from an unemployed position. And then I keep pushing it off.

Safe top-half of the table.

Newly promoted Banbury, after an astuonding start to the season with 9 wins out of 10 games began a steady drop in form getting worse and worse as the season went on. Nothing much to shout abotu for the season apart from this steady drop in form.

Average performance in the cup doing slightly better than expected in all.

One thing to note is Ive jst encountered the 1st appearance of the "long term confidence" bug.

One day im far outstripping our long term goals (bar was 100% full), the season ticks over (20th June) and my long term goal bar is now empty. I installed the patch 2 seasons ago icon_frown.gif

Ahhh well!

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

It's a little chilly in Alfreton at the moment!

blimey that is cold!! what kits are they by the way? look different to the SS08 ones... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're just the ones you can download from the challenge website.

Bah, got hit by a (already reported) stadium expansion bug. They were supposed to expand Claremont Road by 1635 seats, which at first worked as it showed up as a bigger 6446 capacity stadium on the club information screen. After exiting FM and later loading the game however, it's now a 1635 all-seater, and I'm losing money rather rapidly because of it. icon_frown.gif

I only have 9 league games + cups left of this season, so I'll finish it, but after that I think I'm going to sit tight and wait for the patch. Otherwise I'll just run the club into debt, seeing how attendances at max 1635 can't sustain my wage bill. Hopefully I can get another stadium expansion fairly soon once patched.

Hmm, my oldest save is from November 13th when I'm still groundsharing 12749 capacity Griffin Park with what's-their-name. The expansion gets completed just a month later at December 11th, so to revert back to this save, wait for the patch and hopefully actually get the 6446 capacity Claremont Road is pretty tempting...

Throwing away 22 rounds of league play - especially when I've been doing really good - is a bit disheartening though.

Hendon - English Premier League - 2016/2017

Transfers

Well with my budget of £8.75m I knew I would try to be active this summer with improving my playing squad as I wasn't that confident my team would do well over the course of a full season there.

ucke

I immediately started by signing 3 players on bosman contracts, Bulgarian striker Rosen Petrov was signed from Litex, Fabio Sciacca was signed to provide defensive midfield cover from Lecce & Matthew Briggs was signed primarily for the left back spot but he can play anywhere across the defence, this one excited the fans he was an England international so I expect big things from him & immediately made the decision to make him my captain for next year.

I sent my scouts out to find various players & wasn't overly excited with what was coming back, every player I liked was either at a top club or wasn't interested so I went back to the free transfers to find a few players to build my squad up with. I signed Brazilian midfielder Choco to compete with Rui Forte for that midfield slot & also Mikhail Afanasiev who can play anywhere across midfield.

Now was the time for me to spend some cash, I had some deals lined up but was turned down work permits, one of whom a Russain left winger I was extremely gutted about as he looks the real deal. Medo was signed from Motherwell, Artur Rogala followed from Werder Bremen shortly after.

That was it for the start of the season, I wasn' happy as every defender I was going for would want just a bit more then I could offer or there work permit was rejected so I was playing with a poor defence at the start. I went out & made bids for close to 20 defenders in hope they I could get maybe 2 or 3 of these to sign.

Thankfully towards the end of the transfer window I was able to secure the services of Mikael Leclercq, Giel Neervoort & Rajko Brezanic who will all go into my back 4 straight away.

My last signing was another free transfer & this time Moroccan striker Oussama Essabr to provide competition for the strikers.

Overall I'm happy with that, Petrov, Briggs & Brazanic really look quality & I hope to see them perform well this season whilst the rest I feel they have enough to help me avoid relegation this season. I still have about £2.5m to spend so will see what comes around in the January window & maybe add 1 or 2 more if I can.

Hendon Transfers

Petrov

Briggs

Brazancic

Leclercq

Afanasiev

Choco

Neervoort

Essabr

Hendon 2016/2017 Squad

Results So Far

Well I started the season with some really tough games so knew I wouldn't get off to a flying start & I'd have to pick it up around the middle of the season. I've managed to get draws against Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool & Man City but I've been dissapointed to lose to Charlton, Portsmouth & Reading. The wins have come against Bolton & West Ham in the league whilst my most recent game was a 1-0 win away to Chelsea in the league cup to put me into the quarter finals against Southampton.

Chelsea Match

Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Hendon - English Premier League - 2016/2017

Transfers

Well with my budget of £8.75m I knew I would try to be active this summer with improving my playing squad as I wasn't that confident my team would do well over the course of a full season there.

ucke

I immediately started by signing 3 players on bosman contracts, Bulgarian striker Rosen Petrov was signed from Litex, Fabio Sciacca was signed to provide defensive midfield cover from Lecce & Matthew Briggs was signed primarily for the left back spot but he can play anywhere across the defence, this one excited the fans he was an England international so I expect big things from him & immediately made the decision to make him my captain for next year.

I sent my scouts out to find various players & wasn't overly excited with what was coming back, every player I liked was either at a top club or wasn't interested so I went back to the free transfers to find a few players to build my squad up with. I signed Brazilian midfielder Choco to compete with Rui Forte for that midfield slot & also Mikhail Afanasiev who can play anywhere across midfield.

Now was the time for me to spend some cash, I had some deals lined up but was turned down work permits, one of whom a Russain left winger I was extremely gutted about as he looks the real deal. Medo was signed from Motherwell, Artur Rogala followed from Werder Bremen shortly after.

That was it for the start of the season, I wasn' happy as every defender I was going for would want just a bit more then I could offer or there work permit was rejected so I was playing with a poor defence at the start. I went out & made bids for close to 20 defenders in hope they I could get maybe 2 or 3 of these to sign.

Thankfully towards the end of the transfer window I was able to secure the services of Mikael Leclercq, Giel Neervoort & Rajko Brezanic who will all go into my back 4 straight away.

My last signing was another free transfer & this time Moroccan striker Oussama Essabr to provide competition for the strikers.

Overall I'm happy with that, Petrov, Briggs & Brazanic really look quality & I hope to see them perform well this season whilst the rest I feel they have enough to help me avoid relegation this season. I still have about £2.5m to spend so will see what comes around in the January window & maybe add 1 or 2 more if I can.

Hendon Transfers

Petrov

Briggs

Brazancic

Leclercq

Afanasiev

Choco

Neervoort

Essabr

Hendon 2016/2017 Squad

Results So Far

Well I started the season with some really tough games so knew I wouldn't get off to a flying start & I'd have to pick it up around the middle of the season. I've managed to get draws against Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool & Man City but I've been dissapointed to lose to Charlton, Portsmouth & Reading. The wins have come against Bolton & West Ham in the league whilst my most recent game was a 1-0 win away to Chelsea in the league cup to put me into the quarter finals against Southampton.

Chelsea Match

Good luck in the Prem, Spurs, we're all behind you icon_smile.gif

Chelseadaft Chippenham Season 5 2012/2013 WE'VE DONE IT Blue Square South

Hi all. Yes we have done it. After losing in the play off semi finals for the last 2 seasons we have won the league. The board wanted it at the beginning of the season and we have delivered.

I decided to look for a parent club this season and was offered Swindon or Bristol Rovers. So following on from the stand that Jimbo is taking i decided that Swindon would be too unrealistic as they are in the Championship, so imposed the 3 league rule and took Bristol Rovers.

I loaned 3 players to boost the squad and made one or two new signings at the back to bolster the defence and it has worked. Despite a blip at my last home game of the season against my Bogey Side Boreham Wood we managed to pull of a victory in the last game away to Basingstoke and clinch the Title. .

Super Kyle and Kenno up front were different class once again and fired us to promotion.

All in all our League progress was consistant throughout the season. There was also good cup runs thrown in.

The only bad thing is i forgot that i decided to inspire the team to win the league by offering a high squad payout if they won the league. So 90k has just been paid out after i took this screenshot!

So lets see what happens. (Oh by the way i think the game is bugged when this happened!.

Here are my other screenies from the season:

Player Stats

Transfers

Player of the Year

Manager of the year

Roll on the new season!!! (At last!)

PSJMcNeill Season 1 08-09 Afc Wimbledon

After a very poor start to the season, which saw the fans and the board turn against me and was close to losing my job. A couple of signings (mainly Loan signings) helped turn this season around.

Transfer Centre

Worst cup run i've ever had in any game! got knocked out in everything in the 1st round i took part in, that is of course apart fromt the Setanta Shield where i reached round 2.

In the league it had come to january and there was an outside chance of promotion! My problem was beating teams in the bottom half of the table. Teams in the playoff places and around there i had no problems beating it was the teams in and around relelgation i had problems beating! icon_mad.gif

So thanks to a 4-3 last day win over Crawley i was looking forward to the Playoffs!

League Table

So the Playoffs. The Semi Final seen me drew against Salisbury

Which after a 3-2 victory in the 1st leg set up a nice 2nd leg.

Although with ten minutes left and the score 0-1 to Salisbury, Extra time was looming which i was dreading, but thanks to a 93rd offside minute goal i was though to the playoff final!!

Dorchester were my opposition in the final. After 45 mins played i found my team 1-0 down. With a motivating team talk, i encouraged them and with an attacking sub my team went out and turned the 1-0 defecit into a 3-1 victory which seen us promoted to the Blue Square Premier!!

Playoff Final V Dorchester

So heading into the Blue Square Premier with a healthy squad my only problem will be tryin to retain the players i loaned out from Cyrtal Place as i beleive Bigger clubs are after them now icon_frown.gif

Squad

Bedford Season 1 2008/09

well took over at bedford with a team of 2 players and no staff so advertised for staff and got a good response. so set my scout lose trying to find some signings which he did with gusto. managed to sign about 20 players and during the season pick up 6 loan players for a grand total of £0 and sold 4 for £1k so my 1st team looked like this and the best player of the season for us was Darren Edwards

the season started slow and looked bleak but with the addition of loan signings in december things started to improve so the season finished well and confidence looks good but finances need some work on next season and my profile is like that at end of season so need to work on that too

[b icon14.gif ]The Wombles. Season 2008/09. Blue Square South. September 2008.[/b]

- Merthyr Tydfil 1-4 The Wombles.

Grabban 2, Sullivan OG, Martin pen.

- The Wombles 3-3 Worcester.

Grabban 2, Awuah.

- Salisbury 0-5 The Wombles.

Bailey, Grabban 3, Finn.

- The Wombles 4-2 Cambridge City.

Grabban, Bailey, Awuah 2.

- Havant & W. 1-2 The Wombles.

Grabban, Awuah.

- Margate 0-3 The Wombles. (FA Cup 2nd Qual.)

Grabban, Awuah, Finn.

League Postion : 1st.

So following on from August, Grabban bagged another 10 goals taking his tally up to 20 for the season and we're on October 1st. Obviously got player of the month again, along with another 2 assists and another 5 mom's this month. So far, a near perfect season. Only one minor blip, things looking great.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

The Wombles. Season 2008/09. Blue Square South. September 2008.

Grabban 2, Awuah.

Bailey, Grabban 3, Finn.

Grabban, Awuah.

Grabban, Awuah, Finn.

League Postion : 1st. icon14.gif

So following on from August, Grabban bagged another 10 goals taking his tally up to 20 for the season and we're on October 1st. Obviously got player of the month again, along with another 2 assists and another 5 mom's this month. So far, a near perfect season. Only one minor blip, things looking great.

[b icon14.gif ]The Wombles. Season 2008/09. Blue Square South. September 2008.[/b]

Grabban 2, Awuah.

Bailey, Grabban 3, Finn.

Grabban, Awuah.

Grabban, Awuah, Finn.

Another great month there aaberdeenn, seems like your going to be flying through the first season. What a signing Grabben is as well, wish I had somebody that prolific.

Good luck for the rest of the season, keep the updates coming icon14.gif

Originally posted by ChelseaDaft:

Chelseadaft Chippenham Season 5 2012/2013 WE'VE DONE IT Blue Square South

Hi all. Yes we have done it. After losing in the play off semi finals for the last 2 seasons we have won the league. The board wanted it at the beginning of the season and we have delivered.

I decided to look for a parent club this season and was offered Swindon or Bristol Rovers. So following on from the stand that Jimbo is taking i decided that Swindon would be too unrealistic as they are in the Championship, so imposed the 3 league rule and took Bristol Rovers.

I loaned 3 players to boost the squad and made one or two new signings at the back to bolster the defence and it has worked. Despite a blip at my last home game of the season against my Bogey Side Boreham Wood we managed to pull of a victory in the last game away to Basingstoke and clinch the Title. .

Super Kyle and Kenno up front were different class once again and fired us to promotion.

All in all our League progress was consistant throughout the season. There was also good cup runs thrown in.

The only bad thing is i forgot that i decided to inspire the team to win the league by offering a high squad payout if they won the league. So 90k has just been paid out after i took this screenshot!

So lets see what happens. (Oh by the way i think the game is bugged when this happened!.

Here are my other screenies from the season:

Player Stats

Transfers

Player of the Year

Manager of the year

Roll on the new season!!! (At last!)

Well done here too, you'll be joining me in Conference National, which I am deeply struggling with, and the confidence bug has now hit me, and now my board are deeply dissapointed that Im not trying to complete the long term goals for the club, yet am a league above and looking good in the BSP.

Looks like I might be having to start the challenge again, because I can't see me hanging around too long after this. As Jimbo said in an earliar post, I am just killing time until the full patch comes out and will then start again.

Soooo gutted about it though icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by sergent21:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Grabban 2, Awuah.

Bailey, Grabban 3, Finn.

Grabban, Awuah.

Grabban, Awuah, Finn.

Another great month there aaberdeenn, seems like your going to be flying through the first season. What a signing Grabben is as well, wish I had somebody that prolific.

Good luck for the rest of the season, keep the updates coming icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. icon14.gif

I hope so, Grabban is only on loan from parent club Crystal Palace so we might suffer next season if we can't renew the loan or get in someone else but I think we'll be fine, but at his current rate, and hoping he doesn't get injured, I can see him breaking the 60 goal mark. He's scored in every game this season too.

How is your game doing?

Don't know if anyone has noticed but there is an updated version of the beta patch in GQ.

In the change list, there are fixes about the confidence bug and the financial issues so things are looking good. icon14.gif

Was just about to mention this.

This looks promising:

Board Confidence

================

- Got long-term expectations to update quicker once a team has effectively finished thier season (e.g team wins league with 10 games to go).

- Fixed long-term expectations confidence level getting set to zero if team gets to a higher division than it's long-term expectations and stays in that same division the following season.

- Got the board to offer new contracts to managers around 2 months before the end of thier deals instead of the existing one month, if deals get to that stage.

Don't know if anyone has noticed but there is an updated version of the beta patch in GQ.

In the change list, there are fixes about the confidence bug and the financial issues so things are looking good. icon14.gif

if there's a change list..it only means one thing

Internet is still not working so i still can't post some screenshots.

4th season in as AFC WIMBLEDON, 2nd in the BLUE SQUARE PREMIER.

After just escaping relegation last season, a much tougher campaign was predicted. However, after a long season, AFC WIMBLEDON secured 10th place. Not bad considering i was favourites for relegation.

Setanta and fa trophy cup runs were awful. A good run in the FA CUP though. Got to the 3rd round where i faced Aston Villa (cham pionship side), lost that heavily though. Board were happy.

I was offered a new 2 year contract which i accepted and have secured a new link with West Ham, so am hoping for some quality loan signings to push for promotion.

SKY are ciming tomorrow so internet will be up and running and finally some screenshots.

Gloucester City - Season 10/11 - Blue Square Premier - End of Season Report

My third season in the Blue Square Premier and I was certain we would get promoted now. We played well all season and finished 4th in the league, thus getting a playoff spot. But as we find it very easy to crack under pressure icon_redface.gif we lost the Playoff Semi Final to York and yet another season in BSP is a fact. icon_frown.gif

League Table

But im convinced (as always icon_biggrin.gif) that we will make it next season, so I'm not giving up.

The Tigers will play League football after a year!

Archived