Would you manage you rivals?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As for his joke, just let the cretin enjoy it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers for realising what a joke is Mikeicon_wink.gif

and understanding relativity too!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Swindon69:

I'd never manage Oxford or Br****l City. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I regularly manage Oxford, but just out of pity, really. Wouldn't touch Brizzle Sh*tty with a 40 foot barge pole.

well im an arsenal fan and i have managed tottenham on previous FM's i guess i wanted to see what it was like ie press asking Q's!, im not one to hate tottenham either they are rivals of course but its only a game! I wouldnt manage man u i really hate them but respect the sucess the club has had over the years. i am probly one of a few arsenal fans that actually does not hate spurs my late grandad was a fan and they are part of me in some daft way!

LOL it's only a game. Put it this way, I would never start with the local rivals of the team I support in real life. If I was a lower league manager, and was offered a job at these local rivals, I would still take it.

You can totally revamp the team, and turn it into your favourite team anyways icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Just Jack:

I would never manage the big rivals but i hope the minor local rivals do well.

For example im a Sheff U fan and started with them i then left for an unsucessful spell with the ivory Coast. Now im managing local team Doncaster Rovers. Id never manage Wednesday or Leeds though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite ironic this, I'm a Doncaster fan and the only local team I could manage is Sheff Utd. I've no idea why but us two sets of fans seem to like each other despite hating the rest of the area.

Ha, me too. No malice towards the Blades at all and have managed them a couple of times in the past.

As for rivals, no I dont think I could. As you usually despise a couple of players etc..

Although I did once take the Wales job and swear vengeance on the English FA after they sacked me for "only" coming runner up in the non-entity that is the Confederations Cup!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markcator3006:

I would never EVER manage Arsenal or Hartlepool </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How's that work like? Two opposite end of the countries.

I would never manage Newcastle, I just couldn't, it would feel so wrong.

I'm a Leeds fan.

I sometimes manage Chelsea at the start of the game to get used to the "new" game's characteristics and new functions - having all that cash gives a bit of freedom to just play without the "stress" of management.

Sometimes take control of Liverpool or even Man U when I'm bored of the latest version and want a challenge. Always stipulate a "condition", though, such as only signing Brits or keep my squad under 24 no matter how good they get.

But purely for enjoyment? Only ever Leeds or a foreigner.

I'm a Man Utd fan, and I have managed both Man Utd and Man City in my current game.

I had no success with Man Utd, and had great success with City. Although, we wern't doing so well after, ironically after I resigned from City, they finished the the Premiership Winners.

There's absolutely no chance of me ever taking charge of 'The Swine' (Swindon), Charlton, Brighton or Millwall, since I'm a Gills supporter.

Nor could I ever manage Chelsea, Arsenal, Franchise FC, Watford (Sorry Miles) or Leeds, for all kinds of trumped-up reasons, imagined or otherwise.

Im a Gooner and in all my many many years of playing FM, Ive only managed one full season not managing Arsenal and even that Atletico (2nd in the SpanisH League icon_wink.gif). The only other foray was a quite immature yet thoroughly entertaining stint at Spurs in which my only aim was to see them thoroughly relegated. So I sold all their best players for nothing and spent all their money on non-league players. I played a 0-0-0-5-5 formation with an arrow on the goalkeeper to play ST. I managed to concede over 1000 (one thousand) goals in 19 games before I got sacked. This was my original aim, to see how badly I had to do before Id get sacked which I couldnt bear doing with the club I loved. So Spurs seemed a good option. You'd think after loosing the first three games 50-0 that maybe they'd figured out a pattern.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CymruAmBythWXM:

Im a Wrexham season ticket holder but on one occasion I did manage Chester after all its only a game not real life. I took them to the Championship aswell then they sacked me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I hope you learnt an important lesson. Even in a game, your rivals should be consider the scum of the earth!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alex14/01/87:

I am a Man Utd fan, i HATE arsenal,liverscum and chelsea in real but i dnt midn managing them on the game, cause its sumfin differnt even tho i do sumtimes like 2 sell all the gd players then quit as manager icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you please cut the text speak out please?

icon_smile.gif

Rangers fan and I once managed Celtic - but it was only after a long game with Everton. I finally decided to resign from them, and was promptly offered the Celtic job. Celtic had been on a horrible slump for 8 years, never finishing higher than 6th. The appeal of the "taking over a once big club, and taking them back to their former glories" was something that was too much to turn down.

i'm a fanatical Rangers fan and i have been the manager of Celtic b4 but i ran them to the ground. icon14.gif

sold all their players for nothing and took great delight in watching them fail. icon_biggrin.gif

but i don't mind them compared to THEM, the SHEEPSH***ERS! Aberdeen!!! icon_mad.gif

i would never ever even think of managing them, even to watch them fail.

Guest United_FM

I support Manchester United irl, quite zealously at that, and i've tried managing many rivals. Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Leeds, name the rival, i've managed them.

I find that managing these rivals let's me know their players better. Suffice to say, these rival team games don't last very long, maybe 2 or 3 seasons at most. Whereas, my Man United saves last several times that. And these longer-term United saves outnumber all the rival saves combined as well. I'd recommend trying managing rivals.

Archived