Official FM2010: Rate My Regen

Cardiovascular

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
where/when do regens appear?

The date depends on the country. I think it's the date in which the league resets. I know England's one is 25th June. There's usually a list somewhere with these dates, in the one of the FAQ's in this forum.

As for where to find them, look around the youth teams and they're usually there. National youth teams are a good place to look as well.

This guy is a part of my first new youth intake and I have to say he doesn't look too bad.

Hallam.jpg

He's a natural ML and WBL with a 3/5 star potential for my Arsenal side. CA is only rated as half a star, and with promising starting stats like those it looks like he's going to turn out to be a pretty solid player for me. What do you reckon?

BTW, the blurred numbers are 9's, I think. Apologies for not the best quality.

If you want better quality mate, save the picture as .PNG file, instead of a .JPG/.JPEG ;)

He looks pretty decent though, Off The Ball; Crossing and Passing need big improvements though.

Page #1

ForzaMilan

Jumping and strength need improving, he’s great in other areas but average physically.

A bit off topic, but looking at that 6 foot 4 14 year old, do young players grow?

Yes, they do.

tottivillarossi

Tackling, marking, stamina, strength, concentration, decisions, positioning, bravery need improving. Not sure he’s ideal for a play-maker from deep myself, but each to their own.

DragoLT

AMR – crossing, dribbling, passing, off the ball, balance and technique would need improving.

AMC – passing, creativity, dribbling, technique, off the ball, finishing, composure and decisions would need improving.

tottivillarossi

Off the ball, passing, creativity, dribbling and teamwork would need improving, not bad for his age.

Deisler26

Passing, creativity, crossing, dribbling, off the ball, finishing, composure and decisions would need improving.

represor

Passing and off the ball would need improving the most, looks good so far.

lawd

Decisions, aerial ability, agility, positioning, composure, anticipation and jumping would need improving, has time on his side.

stevie_G_32201

Stamina, strength, work-rate, crossing, dribbling, positioning, pace, tackling and passing need working on.

slakey

AMR/AML – crossing, passing, pace, creativity, off the ball, acceleration, balance and technique would need improving. Along with composure, finishing, teamwork and decisions if he’s an AMC. But he looks promising given his age.

RickyButton

Marking, positioning, decisions, anticipation and strength are the area’s to work on, he does look good for his age.

Tjord

Marking, bravery, decisions, positioning, stamina and strength need improving.

gifted1ne

Passing, creativity and off the ball would be the areas to work on the most for now, looks promising.

zebanumut

Off the ball and decisions need the most amount of work.

Davidbaratunk

Have him as a central midfielder, someone who can control the tempo and game. Failing that, as an AMC over time.

7. Shevchenko

Not very clear picture with those colours either, he would need to improve on his marking, positioning, bravery and his physical stats at least.

stevie_G_32201

Dribbling, pace, passing, creativity, off the ball and balance need improving.

slipknot67

Command of area, aerial ability, jumping, handling, concentration, anticipation, composure. He’s his eccentricity is abit high for my liking.

MeekoHFC

Jumping, pace, concentration and strength need improving for Douglas.

Heading, marking, tackling, passing, positioning, decisions and strength need improving for Muller.

Composure, off the ball, teamwork and decisions need improving for Renan.

Creativity, finishing, composure, off the ball and decisions need improving for Pickering.

polda

Marking, positioning and strength need the most work, so increase the category of training these three fall under for a good two seasons.

LukeyLove

Up to £5-8Million.

teej9

Positioning, heading, tackling, marking, bravery, strength and anticipation need improving, has a good base to improve from though.

slakey

Reflexes, decisions, command of area, agility, jumping, positioning, concentration, anticipation and composure need improving.

Shanksie1975

Crossing, dribbling, passing, technique, off the ball, flair and creativity need improving, there raving about him because of his physical stats. That takes up a fair chunk of a players CA.

andoz2000

Anticipation, jumping, acceleration, first touch, composure and flair need improving.

mitjabarbic

Off the ball, flair, composure, anticipation, strength and jumping need work on.

teej9

I hate just MC, he’s a MCd or an MCa?

www2

Stamina, strength, crossing, dribbling and work rate need improving, otherwise looks good.

andrewfx

Working? :D

Pace, passing, creativity, off the ball and balance need improving.

big_bob

Crossing, passing, pace, off the ball, creativity and balance need improving; he looks okay for his age.

Jammy613

Heading, marking, positioning, bravery, concentration and strength need working on. Abit of a mixed bag, has time to develop and work on his flaws though.

c.ronaldo7

Composure and decisions need a little adjustment; otherwise he’s a superb AMC.

teej9

Marking, strength and jumping would need improving.

The Duke

Negrin – heading, marking, passing, tackling, positioning, decisions and strength need improving.

Barmettler – stamina, strength, crossing, dribbling, positioning, tackling, pace, passing and anticipation need working on.

The Duke

Anticipation would need some improving, otherwise good player.

batty1

Stamina, strength, dribbling, work rate, teamwork, positioning, pace, decisions and anticipation need improving.

NozEE

Marking, positioning, bravery, concentration and strength need improving.

Sosnin_fan

Crossing, dribbling, stamina, strength, tackling, positioning, decisions and anticipation need work on.

DaveDaveDave

I think you over spent, he needs improving at; dribbling, off the ball, decisions flair, acceleration, passing and composure. Has time to develop though, so don’t get rid just yet.

stevie_G_32201

Heading, marking, bravery, work rate, jumping and stamina need improving, two footed though so it’s a bonus.

Swordsaman

Anticipation and strength need improving, I would have got him if I could get a reasonable price for him.

Swordsaman

Stamina, strength, crossing, dribbling, tackling, positioning, work rate and decisions would need a lot of work.

d0n

Creativity, dribbling, finishing, composure, off the ball and decisions need improving, too good for his age though, pretty ridiculous (nothing aimed at you there d0n)

---

I shall catch up with the rest over the next few days. :thup:

This is my top striker atm, looking to take Nando's place in the starting 11,

This SS was last season as i'm now in season 5 (13/14) And the only major difference is his physical stats have improved by one each.

David-1.jpg

@Cabro - Very good for a 14 year old. Concentration, Off The Ball and Long Shots could do with the biggest improvements, everything should go up anyway given his age.

@MH2k - Superb looking player, at 19 he should still have a bit more growth in him. Composure, Concentration, Decisions and Off The Ball will need improving. And if you're feeling greedy, maybe his Finishing as well :D

@John Smith - Off The Ball and Positioning are both mental stats, so they will gradually increase over time and experience. They may go up by tutoring with a player who has high values for them, but I'm not sure on that.

@Cabro - Very good for a 14 year old. Concentration, Off The Ball and Long Shots could do with the biggest improvements, everything should go up anyway given his age.

@MH2k - Superb looking player, at 19 he should still have a bit more growth in him. Composure, Concentration, Decisions and Off The Ball will need improving. And if you're feeling greedy, maybe his Finishing as well :D

@John Smith - Off The Ball and Positioning are both mental stats, so they will gradually increase over time and experience. They may go up by tutoring with a player who has high values for them, but I'm not sure on that.

Haha, yeah would love 20 finishing :p - I think he looks like a new Ronaldo in his prime!

Your right about what he needs to improve.. Would also like him abit faster aswell so he can skin defenders.

20 Finishing plus say 18 Composure would be fantastic :D

Its alright wanting him to be quick, but he's 6'4" for christ's sake. Wanting him any quicker would really be greedy! :D

Yeah true, what you said would make more sense and as long as he's target man when he gets the ball he'll score! :D

bjoggi33

Heading, jumping, strength, acceleration, first touch, composure and flair.

slipknot67

Heading, jumping, anticipation, strength, off the ball, first touch, composure and flair.

GiggsIsALegend

Mendez - strength, off the ball, composure and flair need improving, looks good.

Wunderlich – off the ball, balance and acceleration need improving, otherwise looks good.

antero3000

Dribbling, pace, passing, off the ball and balance would need improving the most.

cmd1989

Decisions, command of area, agility, positioning, aerial ability, composure and anticipation need improving. I guess Almunia would be a better tutor.

jd1882

Passing, creativity, composure, off the ball, decisions and teamwork need improving.

zebanumut

AMC – passing, creativity, off the ball, decisions and teamwork need improving.

Forward – pace, acceleration, flair, teamwork, off the ball and decisions would need improving.

mkdmal

Jumping, off the ball, strength, composure and flair would need improving.

teej9

Peterges – anticipation, jumping, off the ball, strength, flair, composure and first touch need improving.

Caceres – strength, crossing, dribbling, positioning, tackling, anticipation and decisions need improving.

Roger – jumping, positioning, concentration and strength would need improving.

Paradiddle

Crossing, dribbling, pace, passing, creativity, off the ball, technique, balance and acceleration need working on.

ManUtdFan

Stamina, strength, positioning, tackling, passing, anticipation and decisions need improving.

Thandui

Creativity, composure, off the ball, decisions and teamwork need improving.

The Duke

Acceleration and jumping could be improved, looks excellent though.

Greeeny[/url]

LB – strength, crossing, dribbling, positioning, tackling and anticipation need improving.

CB – marking, positioning, bravery, concentration, strength and anticipation need improving.

Deisler26

Jumping, strength and flair need improving, can’t see his technique though?

Knuck_the_Champ

Reflexes, aerial ability, handling and positioning would need improving.

DaveDaveDave

Jumping, positioning, marking, bravery, concentration and anticipation need some work.

Herbie2100

Anticipation, strength, acceleration, composure and flair need improving.

stevie_G_32201

Jumping, off the ball, technique, anticipation and composure need improving.

supersaint

Er? :D

Rice2cu

Technique and composure need developing.

Swordsaman

Yes to all three.

CPS

Creativity, finishing, composure, off the ball, decisions and teamwork need improving.

Swordsaman

Stamina, strength, crossing, work rate, passing and decisions need improving.

Invizion

Ferreira – off the ball, decisions and strength need improving, looks good though.

Juan – marking, stamina, strength, positioning, heading, jumping and decisions all need working on.

Harryseaess

Passing, pace, creativity, off the ball, balance and technique need improving. Looks good for his age though.

Jolanthustrel

Creativity, dribbling, finishing, composure, off the ball, decisions and teamwork need improving.

Invizion

Jumping, strength and flair need improving, certainly looks a good player in areas.

slipknot67

Agility, positioning, concentration, aerial ability, composure, anticipation and jumping need improving.

mlindqui43

Jumping, off the ball, strength and flair needs improving, looks good.

pantero

Tackling, marking, strength, teamwork, positioning, concentration, decisions and acceleration need improving, has promise.

jasonboyacmilan

Ciaramitaro – passing, creativity, dribbling, finishing, composure, decisions and work rate need improving.

Miquel – composure, decisions and off the ball need the most work at the moment.

Reinhardt – heading, technique, off the ball, decisions, concentration, anticipation and strength will need improving.

lfc7

His best position is DM for now, until he can mark a player effectively. :D

JEinchy

Crossing, passing, off the ball, acceleration and technique need improving, best at ML for me.

Menz

First touch, off the ball, composure, flair, strength and acceleration need improving, not bad for a 16 year old admittedly.

cabro

Creativity, finishing, composure, off the ball and decisions need improving.

MH2k

Anticipation, off the ball and maybe strength need improving, looks good though.

Have your newgens tutored by someone with good mental stats, especially big games/pressure. But it’s normal for youngsters to feel pressure, they will improve over time in this area.

You need off the ball if he’s attacking or positioning if he’s defending, I can’t remember which one those are in with the training category though. That is something I always forget. :D

---

Woot, I have caught up! Go me!

Thanks for the tips on my previous entries in the thread HoPeY...got another one for you, I've never had a regen with such high determination at such a young age before. My Assistant says he has the potential to be one of the best players of his generation but his mental attributes are a concern I think, will having him tutered by someone with high concentration, decisiions and work rate help him to improve in those areas?

OlafMenger.png

Have your newgens tutored by someone with good mental stats, especially big games/pressure. But it’s normal for youngsters to feel pressure, they will improve over time in this area.

You need off the ball if he’s attacking or positioning if he’s defending, I can’t remember which one those are in with the training category though. That is something I always forget. :D

Yes, they have been. But their pressure attribute hasn't gone up.

Off the ball is for attackers and positioning for defenders. But my newgens start with such poor attributes that I don't think they will improve to close ro a decent level. Is there any way to accelerate the attribute gains? Tutoring effects seems slow / no effect.

slipknot67

Finishing, heading, anticipation (one :D), off the ball, strength, technique, first touch, composure and flair all need improving. Having said that, for a fourteen year old player he has some good stats in certain areas. His anticipation is terrible though, so it’s unlikely it will ever be really high.

Concentration is more a defensive stat so I wouldn’t worry about it as much. But yes, over time make sure you get him tutored that will aide his development nicely if you have the right sort of tutor.

Yes, they have been. But their pressure attribute hasn't gone up.

Off the ball is for attackers and positioning for defenders. But my newgens start with such poor attributes that I don't think they will improve to close ro a decent level. Is there any way to accelerate the attribute gains? Tutoring effects seems slow / no effect.

Pressure attribute takes time to develop, so it's not going to go up in a short time. The only way to accelerate it is by concentration fully on that one area, then you risk sacrificing other areas and stats just to improve OTB or positioning. You also have to factor in the players determination and work rate, this has an impact on how much improvement you will see from a player over the years.

Give me an example of a newgen with a low OTB or positioning, tell me his age, what the stat currently is now and what his determination, work rate and personality is.

Pressure attribute takes time to develop, so it's not going to go up in a short time. The only way to accelerate it is by concentration fully on that one area, then you risk sacrificing other areas and stats just to improve OTB or positioning. You also have to factor in the players determination and work rate, this has an impact on how much improvement you will see from a player over the years.

Give me an example of a newgen with a low OTB or positioning, tell me his age, what the stat currently is now and what his determination, work rate and personality is.

zalexg.jpg

Personality: Resolute

zsteviem.jpg

Personality: Fairly Ambitious

zviana.jpg

Personality: Balanced

zalex.jpg

It seems like they have pretty nice technical and physical attributes, just that their OTB and positioning don't match up, especially with the 2 MCs Alex and Moyes. In matches, they are pretty clueless on where to go.

most talented kid from my first Fiorentina youth intake :

DallaCosta.jpg#

other than the relatively low Off The Ball and very low Positioning i´m ecstatic.

I´m guessing heavy tactics training would be a good way to go the first couple years ? Looks almost ready for serie B football. Normally i don´t loan a player before he hasn´t had pro/senior training at my club for at least half a year (so at 17 1/2 - 18), should i break with that tradition here ?

Get him tutored first to get that determination up and then send him on loan where he'll play a lot of games. He'll improve more with a higher determination.

His positioning and off the ball stats need a bit of work so I'd focus your training on those areas - bare in mind that those stats gradually increase with age.

Personality: Fairly Ambitious

Personality: Balanced

It seems like they have pretty nice technical and physical attributes, just that their OTB and positioning don't match up, especially with the 2 MCs Alex and Moyes. In matches, they are pretty clueless on where to go.

Okay twenty years old that is a bigger issue, I assumed they were 15-17 years of age. Only Alex and Moyes have a decent chance of getting OTB to around 13-16. They do still have time to develop that stat to a decent-average level, but nothing more than that. :(

most talented kid from my first Fiorentina youth intake :

other than the relatively low Off The Ball and very low Positioning i´m ecstatic.

I´m guessing heavy tactics training would be a good way to go the first couple years ? Looks almost ready for serie B football. Normally i don´t loan a player before he hasn´t had pro/senior training at my club for at least half a year (so at 17 1/2 - 18), should i break with that tradition here ?

His marking, decisions and strength will need to be improve the most (along with his positioning/OTB as you said). Yes, focus his training on the area’s he needs the most to do his job in his position for the first three odd years. As you could 'round him' out more later on, but it’s better to make him good for his position than develop unnecessary stats from the start of the game which can be done later.

Personally, I know prefer to keep my most talent youngsters and give them reserve team football (to ensure they are fit) and first team appearances, subs or starts dependant on the type of game and opposition. The reason for this is because I would have them on the right schedule. Unlike when you loan him out they can sometimes suffer due to AI general training.

But it’s each to there own.

andrewfx

Marking, strength, stamina, decisions, positioning, pace, bravery and determination would need improving. He’s abit of a mixed bag, some nice starting stats and a few low ones.

For now, I would say he looks decent but flawed, in time he could well become a good solid player. He can use his left abit also, which is a bonus.

He’s abit in-between, not good enough at the moment to be a DM or a box to box man. Perhaps long term he will be a better box to box player than an outright DM.

i am going to be home soon and will post this Egyptian guy playing for Genoa in my long term safe in the year 2018. He is a god is the only way i can describe him...his worth is 65 million dollars and he performs at a level worth every penny. I have never cheated in any FM before, but this guy is making me download a fmrte thingy so I can move him to my EPL Cambridge side.

Thanks for the tips on my previous entries in the thread HoPeY...got another one for you, I've never had a regen with such high determination at such a young age before. My Assistant says he has the potential to be one of the best players of his generation but his mental attributes are a concern I think, will having him tutered by someone with high concentration, decisiions and work rate help him to improve in those areas?

OlafMenger.png

most concerning is his passing. starting at 1 it will never get very high. I dont use any players in my team with passing below 10.

FilipMichalko.pngJuanBlanco.pngRaulHeurtes.jpgScaglioni.png

filip looks like a decent arsenal style defender - i am sure his passing, creativity and dribbling will improve.

Let him take some free kicks - with free kick 17 it will be amusing to watch your young defender banging them in.

Get him trained by someone with good leadership skills - that will round off his mental stats.

I would retrain him to DR. With his dribbling, first touch and passing skills he should be able to provide you with decent cover for that position, and it will allow you to give him more games.

Signed this kid start of the first season from some Dutch team

16 Years old

PA of 120

CA of 179

Giving him games and looking quality but then again it's just a few games. Performing very well at the moment. Also getting tutoured by Yaya toure

How should i develop him?

Number of games this season? Training? Best Postion? I play him CM his Natural position but can also play DM

Dutch Delight :D

oh i forgot, what you guys think about my wonderkid? how much should i play him? should i loan him? also he has the tries to round keeper PPM which sucks monkey balls most times, he rejected learning placing shots, any tips on which PPM should i train? like moving into channels etc.

Archived