Top2Bottom: The Game Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team Name: Essex Eagles

Manager Name: Jack Browne

How do you feel about your start to the season?

Out of the League Cup, 4th round of the FA Cup so far, easily through the UEFA Cup but in the bottom half of the Premiership. Not quite sure what to think really, not too bothered about the League Cup but would like us to do better in the League. We need to start scoring more and I would like us to qualify for the UEFA Cup again next year and that doesn't look like happening at the moment.

What are your hopes for the remainder of the season?

Win the FA Cup, win the UEFA Cup, qualify for Europe next year. That isn't too much to ask is it? To be honest, top half of the league, Semis of the FA Cup and the same for the UEFA Cup is more realistic and would make me happy.

Any player you'd like to see your manager sign in the transfer window? Any player you want moved on?

I think we need another goalscorer, someone who is going to get me another 15 goals. An improved defence will also be on the agenda. No players in particular in terms of moving on, but I would consider most offers.

Team Name: London Titans

Manager Name: Bob Mcbob

I am delighted by our excellant start we look on course to do well in all the competitions. I feel we have a great chance of winning something this season

Go and win at least one trophy maybe more.

Any player you'd like to see your manager sign in the transfer window? Any player you want moved on?

I am happy with players at my disposal atm but i would like to see some top youth talents join us.

Team Name: Welsh Wizards

Manager Name: Ryan Lester

I'm very pleased, we are challenging for a European place and into the semi finals of the League Cup. However, I am not happy about the FA Cup performance.

Ideally, I'd like to see us win the League Cup and gain a Champions League spot but I would settle for a Europa League place and a place in the League Cup final.

I'd like to see a top striker brought in as we cannot rely on Vagner Love for all our goals. I'd also like to see a quality central midfielder added.

League cup semi FTW! Vagner Love for player of the year :D

Canadian Mighty Squirrels are going to be live on SPORTS.tv :D

I could tell you all the live games to be on SPORTS.tv if you wanted ... well, for January anyway!

January 7th: League Cup Semi Final, 1st Leg - Boreham Badgers vs. Didsbury Dynamoes

January 10th: Premier League - Saffron United vs. Didsbury Dynamoes

January 14th: FA Cup Round 3 Replay - Saffron United vs. Canadian Mighty Squirrels

January 17th: Premier League - Coedpoeth United vs. Gnome'ania United

January 21st: League Cup Semi Final, 2nd Leg - Welsh Wizards vs. London Titans *

January 24th: FA Cup Round 4 - Blackthorn Athletic vs. Essex Eagles

January 31st: Inland Valley Hawks vs. New Bloc

* could change to Didsbury vs. Boreham depending on result of first leg. (EDIT: Now confirmed, Welsh Wizards vs. London Titans will be live.)

Excellent display against Bury with 5-0 for the Gnomes.

Team Name: Gnome'ania United

Manager Name: Josélyn Blanc

J.B: A steady start I may say. If we can keep our defense more tight, I'll be more glad though. To be honest, I was a bit gutted to have lost in the League Cup by conceding 4.

J.B: Hopefully, with months passing by and my boys getting used to team style and each other, we'll move onwards to the upper half. A European spot will be delightful in my eyes.

J.B: I don't want to talk about player names and provoke a discussion anywhere but we may look into some players to maintain the steady progress. A bit more scoring, a bit less conceding and we are good for the rest of the season.

Team Name: New Bloc F.C.

Manager Name: Danilo Uljarevic

To say I'm happy would be an understatement. Top of the league and a decent lead at that. We are through to the 4th round of the FA Cup. The only think I'm not happy with was a terrible performance in the League Cup.

Obviously, we would love to stay on top. If we must fall, I'd love to earn automatic champions league qualification by staying in the top 3.

We need to keep Javier and ERic to be fair, but a new signing might be needed for a pick up to make sure we don't get complacent.

Team Name: Melbourne FC

Manager Name: Zac Smith

Pretty good, considering. Slightly disappointed with the League Cup exit, but being forced to play Championship football has its downsides of course. We still have our spot in the FA Cup though and are top of the Championship, and I'm extremely pleased with out T2B record in the Championship at this stage.

In the Championship, at least automatic promotion. FA Cup, 5th Round is the expectation, but a move to the 6th Round or even the semis would be fantastic.

Not really to be honest...at this stage keeping the team together is crucial for us more than anything.

Team Name: Queensland Origin FC

Manager Name: Karmichael Hunt

Had a good start, winning the community sheild, but have been really disappointing at times. Our inability to score, is as frustrating as it is obvios. 18 goals, from the opening 18 games is simply not good enough or a team looking to challenge for the titile this season. The defence however has been rock solid and has been brilliant all gme (except maybe the 6-0 loss). But two trophies, ain't too bad at all!!

Challenge for Europe. We aren't all taht far behind, but with a good striker in the team, it's a very possible goal.

A STRIKER!! Our lead front man Dave Kitson, struggled last season and although he istrying his heart out every game for us this season, he just can't put the ball in the net. So a big name like Dzeko, Grafite, or Adebayor is needed, to finish off the good work from our defenders and midfielders.

Team Name: Joga Jrs

Manager Name: Ben Flash

How do you feel about your start to the season? Decent start so far, need to beat the T2B sides in the second half of the season, and buck up our ideas at the back as our defensive record is appauling

What are your hopes for the remainder of the season? That we can push for promotion

Any player you'd like to see your manager sign in the transfer window? Any player you want moved on? The manager has my full backing, he will find some quality in the market and Promotion is on the cards!

Sportstv.jpg

Welcome to SPORTS.tv

January 7th 2009

Three games being played tonight as Northern Extreme and Queensland Origin play their Premier League match in hand and in the League Cup, it is time for the Semi Finals as London Titans host the Welsh Wizards and SPORTS.tv head to live coverage of the clash between Boreham Badgers and Didsbury Dynamoes.

First up though, the transfer news:

Boreham Badgers, in action tonight, have agreed to let reserve goalkeeper Vito Mannone join Crystal Palace on a 3-month loan deal.

Free agent John Arne Riise has signed for Championship side Canadian Mighty Squirrels on a one and half year deal.

QPR’s World Cup winning left back, Fabio Grosso, has become the first player to move for a fee as he joins Rangers’ Championship rivals and promotion chasing Joga Bonitos Juniors for £2.5m.

Former Liverpool and Juventus defensive midfielder, Mohamed Sissoko, has joined Isle of Man Metros on a 4-year contract on a free transfer.

Young French goalkeeper and former Stade Rennais player Simon Pouplin has signed on a free transfer for Queensland Origin on a one and a half year deal.

Former Steau Bucharest central defender Mirel Radoi has signed a three-year deal with Boreham Badgers and could make his debut in the League Cup Semi Final tonight.

Former Sevilla forward Jesus Navas has signed a five-year contract with Inland Valley Hawks where he is reported to be earning over £30,000 per week.

Other rumours link New Bloc’s Javier Mascherano with a £40m move to Essendon, Northern Extreme winger Nani could move to Welsh Wizards for £23m, Blackthorn Athletic goalie Chris Kirkland is linked with a £3.5m move to Discworld and Crystal Palace defender Allessandro Gamberini could join Queensland Origin for £3.8m. There are also still a number of out-of-contract star names being linked with moves to the Premier League: Frederico Vilar, Christian Abbiati, Timo Hildebrand and Frank Rost (Discworld); Sebastien Squillaci and Joao Moutinho (London Titans); Yaya Toure and Amauri (Coedpoeth United); Liedson (Gnome’ania United); Simone Perrotta (Brennan United).

================================================

Tonight’s Premier League contest sees Queensland Origin travel to Aurora Park to face Northern Extreme. It’s a big game for both clubs as they both need a win to move them up to the next level: Northern Extreme would go from Champions League challengers to 2nd placed title challengers with a win; Queensland would move from Europa League challengers to 7th placed Champions League challengers. We will keep you up to date with the score at Aurora Park throughout the evening.

In the League Cup Semi Final, the Premier League’s second and sixth placed sides meet at the Nike Arena as London Titans look for a first leg lead to take to Welsh Wizards in the second leg. With away goals counting double after extra time in the second leg, Welsh Wizards will be looking to score a goal or two. We’ll keep you up to date on that one as well.

We’re live and exclusive with the other Semi Final as Boreham Badgers host Didsbury Dynamoes at the Muddy Field. Let’s head to our commentary team at Muddy Field, Dan White and Sid Smash.

LEAGUE CUP SEMI FINAL, FIRST LEG

BorehamBadgers.png

VS.

Didsbury.png

TEAM NEWS and PRE-MATCH

Didsbury Dynamoes – under the leadership these days of Rafa Benitez – line up with two defensive midfielders in front of their back four and three attacking midfielders to support the lone striker. It certainly seems that they are here with seven players to keep it tight and defend but with four forward players to look for an away goal. Much will depend on Felipe Caicedo who is the lone striker – can he get the ball and bring the midfielders into play? Casillas is also key – a clean sheet here would help considerably. Boreham Badgers line up with a conventional 4-4-2 formation with Victor Valdes in goal trying to avoid conceding an away goal and Alessandro Del Piero partnering Roman Pavlyuchenko up front. Mirel Radoi makes his Badgers debut in the centre of midfield alongside Patrick Vieira. The Guardian agree with the bookies who make a Badgers win the even money favourite. Muddy Field is packed to the rafters with a capacity crowd of almost 70,000 expected.

1 MINUTE:

Almost the perfect start for Didsbury as they went close in just 42 seconds. After Boreham had twice cleared crosses from Julio Arca and then Xavi, a ball forward from Didier Digard found Caicedo but his lob over Valdes fell just wide of the upright. A real let-off for the Badgers.

>>> The perfect start at Nike Arena though for London Titans in the other League Cup Semi Final. Marko Vucinic has struck after a minute and they lead 1-0 against Welsh Wizards. Not the start the Warlocks had in mind.

14 MINUTES:

Funny how these things happen. Xavi with a challenge on Andres Iniesta in the area but no penalty for Boreham Badgers. Iniesta furious with the referee.

21 MINUTES:

It seems that most of the Boreham Badgers midfield have been kicked in the last few moments. Iniesta in the penalty appeal and Vieira and new signing Radoi too in the last few minutes. Didier Digard won the ball on the edge of the Badgers area and fired a drive just over with Radoi on the sidelines. Maybe the Dynamoes tactic is to kick the hell out of the Badgers?

29 MINUTES:

Patrick Vieira substituted. Niko Kranjcar comes on for Boreham Badgers. Told you what the Dynamoes were up to.

31 MINUTES:

Maynor Figueroa is having a good game for Didsbury – not sure if he has been kicking people – and just set up Julio Arca on the left edge of the box. A bit of luck gave him a half-chance but he swung wildly and smashed the ball high and wide.

32 MINUTES:

First real chance for Boreham Badgers. Roman Pavlyuchenko picks up the ball in the middle of the pitch and moves forward before sliding Alessandro Del Piero in on goal. His delicate chip beats Iker Casillas but drifts wide of the post by inches.

>>> Goal at the Nike Arena and what a big goal it could be. An own goal from London Titans’ Gonzalo Rodriguez means that Welsh Wizards are level at 1-1 and have a precious away goal.

39 MINUTES:

Best chance of the match. Radoi and Iniesta involved to send Yossi Benayoun away down the inside right with a clear route to goal but his shot is blocked by Casillas and scrambled away.

42 MINUTES:

Great chance for Didsbury. One touch football on the edge of the Badgers’ area between Xavi and Caicedo set Xavi free but his effort from the edge of the area flew into the supporters behind the goal. Half time.

BOREHAM BADGERS 0-0 DIDSBURY DYNAMOES

All going to plan so far for Didsbury. If they could snatch a goal, they’d have one foot through the door marked ‘Wembley’ but Badgers will come on strong in the second half. They know that a lead would be desirable heading into the second leg. Onto the second half.

>>> Half time score from Aurora Park is Northern Extreme 0-0 Queensland Origin in the Premier League. We’ll keep you updated if there is a goal in that game. At Nike Arena, the scoreline remains 1-1 between London Titans and Welsh Wizards who have the away goal in the other League Cup Semi Final.

Jack Wilshere and Kenwyne Jones come on for Didsbury to replace Michael Johnson and Felipe Caicedo. Despite their knocks, Andres Iniesta and Mirel Radoi continue for the Badgers.

56 MINUTES:

Great work down the left hand side by Carl Dickinson gets Badgers’ midfielder Radoi free in the box but his shot is blocked by Casillas. However, the ball is picked up again on the edge of the area by Joey O’Brien and his fierce shot is saved well by the Spanish goalkeeper. Didsbury make a change and replace David Cotterill with Pascal Chimbonda.

57 MINUTES:

Quick free kick from Del Piero finds Benayoun whose 25-yard strike fizzes agonisingly wide of the post. Can they Dynamoes weather the Badgers’ storm?

58 MINUTES:

No they cannot! Radoi finds DEL PIERO and he turns and smashes home from 25-yards to give Casillas no chance at all. Boreham Badgers have the lead that they were desperate for!

BOREHAM BADGERS 1-0 DIDSBURY DYNAMOES

61 MINUTES:

All Boreham Badgers now. Kranjcar released on the left and his shot was saved well by Casillas. Didsbury cannot afford to concede another one unless they find an away goal.

>>> Two goals in four minutes at the Nike Arena and both of them have gone to the London Titans as they surge into a 3-1 lead in the second League Cup Semi Final. First of all on 67 minutes, Rafael Van Der Vaart has scored and four minutes later, Scott Parker has made it 3-1. The London Titans take a massive step towards Wembley.

71 MINUTES:

A 30-yard free kick from Del Piero has half of the Muddy Field thinking he has scored a second wondergoal as it curls into the side netting but just the wrong side of the post.

72 MINUTES:

An unbelievable save keeps Boreham Badgers in front. Xavi’s corner from the left met by Lauren and spearing into the top corner with Valdes going the other way. However, he manages to stick an arm out and deflect it over the bar for another corner. Iniesta is finally replaced by Boreham with Danny Higginbotham replacing him (no, really.)

>>> Another goal at Nike Arena. Is the tie virtually all over at 4-1? Or is it game on at 3-2? It’s game on! A second away goal for Welsh Wizards has been scored on 80 minutes by Vagner Love and they are right back in it. They would probably settle for 3-2 down heading into the second leg.

82 MINUTES:

Another good chance for Badgers to extend their lead. Kranjcar’s ball through towards Benayoun and the Israeli cuts inside before firing straight at Casillas who clings on to the ball. A final substitution for Boreham as Aaron Ramsey replaces Mirel Radoi who has had a decent debut tonight.

91 MINUTES:

Is there to be a grandstand finish to the first leg? Pavlyuchenko beats Jonas Olsson in midfield and finds Kranjcar 25-yards out. His curling shot beats Casillas but hits the side netting again.

>>> Full time at Aurora Park where Queensland Origin will be the happier with their 0-0 draw with Northern Extreme. They stay 9th in the Premier League whilst Northern Extreme climb to 4th in the table. And it’s all over in the other League Cup Semi Final where London Titans have beaten Welsh Wizards 3-2 at Nike Arena. A good result for both in some ways: a lead for Titans to defend and two away goals for the Wizards as they head home.

94 MINUTES:

Last minute of stoppage time and a free kick on the left for Didsbury is quickly taken by Xavi. He finds JULIO ARCA in space who turns and fires past Valdes for the away goal. Unbelievable! But wait ... Offside. No goal. A very relieved Victor Valdes prepares for a free kick. And now it is full time. Del Piero’s sensational goal gives Boreham Badgers a 1-0 lead ahead of the second leg at Didsbury.

FULL TIME: BOREHAM BADGERS 1-0 DIDSBURY DYNAMOES

Man of the Match: Alessandro Del Piero (7.9)

A pretty even game and Didsbury will be disappointed not to have snatched a goal particularly after their injury time strike was ruled out. However, there was a ten minute spell when they were overpowered by the Badgers so they will probably accept a 1-0 defeat tonight as they are still in the game. Boreham will be happy to have a lead to take into the second leg and a clean sheet which means no away goals defeats are possible for them. Any goal they score in the second leg is worth two in some ways.

CLASSIFIED CHECK:

PREMIER LEAGUE:

Northern Extreme 0-0 Queensland Origin

LEAGUE CUP SEMI FINALS, FIRST LEGS:

Boreham Badgers 1-0 Didsbury Dynamoes

London Titans 3-2 Welsh Wizards

Great Updates; your comitment is fantastic - keep it up

Still waiting though for the next video - as they are a real laugh

Thanks mate. Am enjoying it. Just need to not set myself deadlines and trust you lot to be patient when I don't feel like it. I'm aiming to do one a day - if I manage that, the season will come to end some point in January. And I've also decided not to watch every goal - just the one game per update. No interesting Championship games this month though (all against non-T2B teams) so no live games from the Championship I'm afraid.

I'd forgotten about the videos. They were good - might do one tomorrow if I can come up with a reason!

Would be great to see more stuff about your teams too. I've prompted for a media interview today but some local news articles and stuff would be good to see. We had some early on but they've dried up. And loads of banter.

Tomorrow I will post the next Premier League and Championship games as well as news of some very interesting transfer deals. I've only reported rumours from the league news too even though I can see every teams transfer dealings on their transfer centre. That's looking interesting too!

Guest roberto922

Team Name: Coedpoeth United

Manager Name: Robert Jones

We've had as good a start as could be expected, we weren't hot favourites going in to the season so to be where we are is fantastic.

top 4

I won't be naming and shaming today. As for players I'd like to sign, that Lionel Messi don't look half bad *chuckles*

Great Win for Tibbolini vs Crystal Palace :D, we took our chances it seems.

Team Name: Tibbolini FC

Manager Name: Mike Bassett

We have been appalling, the only thing keeping Bassett in his job is the cup runs.

To survive and maybe go on a cup run in Europe.

Anybody new would be good, we need a quality centre forward to partner Eto'o and some good defenders.

Team Name: Discworld FC

Manager Name: Magnus Vestergaard

League - Not good enough, needs to improve alot!

Cup - Dissapointed to exit in the 3rd round of FA, but had a tough draw

Europe - The light in the tunnel. Great group win and a nice draw for the first round.

That the team improves it's form in the league and get a place in Europe next season.

Sign - Good fullback and maybe a good winger.

Team Name: Isle of Man Metros

Manager Name: Igor Smith (before being sacked)

Very disappointing, we are down near the relegation places with our manager already been shown the door, though on the up side we are doing well in the champions league

Get back up the table to a possible european position, good cup and champions league run would be nice as well

Our team is obviously not good enough at the moment so we do need some changes, but Aguirre is a good manager and he should be able to turn our season round

Melbourne bring in pie-man as part of transfer deal; declared "OK" by FA

In news tonight, Melbourne manager Zac Smith has announced that Rodney Williams, of Manchester, will be providing services to the club exclusively for the next three years. When asked about the reasons that the Championship leaders brought Rodney in, Smith responded with:

"Well we were all getting hungry, and Ronaldinho and Elano kept taking all the pies, so we decided to bring in Rodney to stop the continued shortage of pies."

Whether Williams' signing will have an impact on Melbourne's on-field performances is yet to be seen...particularly as Corinthians' Ronaldo is rumored to be hungry once more...although whether this is for top-level football or for pies is yet to be known...

Sportstv.jpg

Welcome to SPORTS.tv

January 10th 2009

Back to action in the Premier League and Championship today as the excitement of the FA Cup and League Cup of the past week is replaced by the ‘Bread and Butter’ business. It’s so close at the bottom of the Premier League and it is a massive day for the fans of Saffron United and Didsbury Dynamoes who clash in a relegation six-pointer with Dynamoes in particular needing to win the game.

First up though, the transfer news where the transfer window is hotting up.

There are still many free agents kicking about in the world of football and several of these have signed deals with the big clubs in England in the last few days. Here is a summary of those moves:

Sebastien Squillaci >>> Tibbolini

Gabriel Milito >>> Discworld

Fernando Gago >>> Essex Eagles

Cristiano Zanetti >>> London Titans

It’s been a tough week for the fans of league leaders, New Bloc. Despite overachieving and leading the Premier League, two of their stars have made moves away. Defender Eric Abidal has been vital to them so far but he has moved to Didsbury Dynamoes for £12.25m and will aim to survive in the Premier League instead of winning it. Northern Extreme have also completed a move for New Bloc midfielder Yoann Gourcuff for £8.5m. Welsh Wizards have also strengthened their squad with the signing of Norwich City’s Matteo Brighi for £2m. In the Championship, Melbourne have also raided Norwich with the £1.5m capture of midfielder Pedro Mendes whilst VfB Rammstein have been weakened following the £11m move of Claudio Marchisio to Essex Eagles.

Being transfer season, there are also several rumours flying around. Here is a summary:

Fredrik Kanoute >>> Essendon for £700,000 from QPR?

Yohann Pele >>> Discworld on a free transfer?

Kaka >>> Welsh Wizards for £20m from Fanghunters?

Joao Moutinho >>> Tibbolini on a free transfer?

Nihat and Mario Gomez >>> Blackthorn Athletic on free transfers?

Jonny Evans >>> Coedpoeth United for £4.1m from New Bloc?

Per Mertesacker >>> Gnome’ania United on a free transfer?

A full programme of Premier League and Championship action this week as we head into the second half of the season where exciting finishes look guaranteed. The Premier League relegation scrap looks to be extremely close as two teams look set to join Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship next season – at the moment, Didsbury Dynamoes look set to be one of those teams but transfers could be key to their hopes as Rafa Benitez shapes them up for the dogfight. A win at Saffron United – just above the drop zone in 17th – would get their 2009 off to a wonderful start. SPORTS.tv is live and exclusive at the Saffron Stadium where a sell-out crowd of 30,000 is expected.

It’s been a miserable week for New Bloc as they have sold two of their most influential players and today they host Essex Eagles who are buoyed by their transfer business this week. However, the league leaders will be looking for three points today to cement their place at the top and keep their lead at the top to at least seven points. Here are the other fixtures in the Premier League today:

PREMIER LEAGUE

Blackthorn Athletic (16) vs. Northern Extreme (4)

Brennan United (11) vs. Isle of Man Metros (15)

Coedpoeth United (3) vs. Welsh Wizards (6)

Discworld (10) vs. Boreham Badgers (13)

London Titans (2) vs. Essendon (7)

New Bloc (1) vs. Welsh Wizards (14)

Queensland Origin (9) vs. Tibbolini (18)

Saffron United (17) vs. Didsbury Dynamoes (19)

Sheffield Wednesday (20) vs. Gnome’ania United (12)

Steel Panthers (8) vs. Inland Valley Hawks (5)

In the Championship, four of the big five are at home and looking to avoid any slip-up’s in their promotion bids. These are the weekends where one bad result could cost them very dear. This is particularly the case for the top three teams – Melbourne, Fanghunters and Joga Bonitos Juniors – who are separated by just two points with only two guaranteed to get promoted. Fanghunters – unsettled by rumours about the future of Kaka this week – are the only team playing away. Here are the fixtures:

CHAMPIONSHIP

Canadian Mighty Squirrels (4) vs. Charlton Athletic (17)

Joga Bonitos Juniors (3) vs. Swansea City (11)

Melbourne (1) vs. Crystal Palace (16)

Norwich City (6) vs. Fanghunters (2)

VfB Rammstein (5) vs. Blackpool (14)

SPORTS.tv is live at Saffron Stadium as Saffron United look to plunge Didsbury Dynamoes further into relegation trouble whilst giving themselves breathing space at the same time. However, League Cup Semi Finalists Dynamoes showed signs of promise in midweek and will be hoping to kick-start their revival with three points today.

Let’s head to our commentary team at the Saffron Stadium, Dan White and Sid Smash.

Sportstv.jpg

Welcome to SPORTS.tv

January 10th 2009

PREMIER LEAGUE – GAME 20

SaffronUnited.png

VS.

Didsbury.png

TEAM NEWS and PRE-MATCH

New signing Eric Abidal - £12.25m from league leaders New Bloc – comes into the side for Didsbury Dynamoes at left back as they look to build on an improved performance in their League Cup Semi Final in midweek but with a result this time around. Damien Duff comes in on the left hand side as well as does Kenwyne Jones who replaces Felipe Caicedo as the lone striker in a 4231 formation as used at Boreham in midweek. Saffron United line up in a 442 formation with James McFadden and Djibril Cisse up front. Their star man is Franck Ribery who starts down the right wing today. However, the central midfield pairing of Stephen Quinn and Alex Song looks weak and could be a key area for the Dynamoes to exploit. Martin Atkinson referees the game with United the favourites to win although a draw at 2/1 looks tempting to me.

Saffron United: Frey, McShane, Queudrue, Bramble, Chiellini, Ribery, Fabio Aurelio, Song, Quinn, Cisse, McFadden.

Didsbury Dynamoes: Casillas, Chimbonda, Abidal, Nesta, Olsson, Digard, Harper, Cotterill, Duff, Johnson, Jones.

8 MINUTES:

What a start for Saffron United! Ribery’s corner from the right was not cleared well and came back to the Frenchman on the right. His low cross was met six yards out by MCFADDEN who guided the ball into the far corner with ease. Disaster for Dynamoes already.

SAFFRON UNITED 1-0 DIDSBURY DYNAMOES

15 MINUTES:

Ribery is giving the Dynamoes all kinds of problems on the right. His ball into McFadden again caused the problems and the Scottish striker turned and hammered a shot just over the crossbar.

20 MINUTES:

Another Ribery corner – this time from the left – met by the unmarked Giorgio Chiellini rattles off the Didsbury crossbar and away to safety. It could be a long afternoon for the Dynamoes faithful at this rate.

24 MINUTES:

Fabio Aurelio on the left for Saffron United teases the full back, Pascal Chimbonda, before sliding a ball inside to McFadden. His turn leaves him with just the keeper to beat but a super save from Iker Casillas keeps Didsbury in the game.

34 MINUTES:

If Didsbury continue to defend corners like this, the Dynamoes will definitely end up in the Championship next season. Another corner from Ribery, another header for Chiellini and this time it skims the top of the bar with Casillas beaten.

37 MINUTES:

Free kick on the right for Saffron United. A cross might be a good idea considering Didsbury’s defending so far but Ribery goes for goal and forces Casillas to make the save at the near post. From the resulting goal kick, Didsbury find themselves under pressure immediately and Djibril Cisse gets in the clear on the left and forces Casillas to palm the bar onto the near post.

45 MINUTES:

Eric Abidal manages to hurt Ribery and treatment is needed for the winger but he is back within moments to take another corner. This time, Titus Bramble wins the header and heads straight at Casillas who makes the block. Half Time.

HALF TIME: SAFFRON UNITED 1-0 DIDSBURY DYNAMOES

Quite frankly, Saffron United should have the game sewn up already. How they have only scored one is a mystery and Benitez must be having a real go at his players in the dressing room. Dynamoes are devoid of ideas about defending and haven’t managed a shot at goal in the first half. Saffron might already have done enough to win if they carry on like that. Will the second half be different?

Let’s head to vidi-printer and see what has been happening around the grounds in the first half:

Time       Comp   Score                                   Scorer
02 mins:   CCCH   Norwich City 0-1 Fanghunters            KAKA
03 mins:   CCCH   Joga Bonitos Juniors 1-0 Swansea City   SIMAO
04 mins:   CCCH   Melbourne 1-0 Crystal Palace            C.ROMARIC
05 mins:   FAPL   Blackthorn Athletic 0-1 Northern Ext.   L.FABIANO
09 mins:   FAPL   London Titans 0-1 Essendon              M.KLOSE
13 mins:   CCCH   Joga Bonitos Juniors 1-1 Swansea City   C.BEATTIE
14 mins:   CCCH   VfB Rammstein 1-0 Blackpool             T.CAHILL
16 mins:   FAPL   Sheffield Wednesday 0-1 Gnome’ania U.   E.CAMBIASSO
17 mins:   FAPL   Discworld 1-0 Boreham Badgers           LUCIO
17 mins:   CCCH   Melbourne 2-0 Crystal Palace            S.SESSEGNON
20 mins:   FAPL   Blackthorn Athletic 1-1 Northern Ext.   F.TOTTI
21 mins:   CCCH   Melbourne 3-0 Crystal Palace            M.RODRIGUEZ
21 mins:   CCCH   Norwich City 0-2 Fanghunters            R.VAN NISTELROOY
28 mins:   FAPL   Queensland Origin 1-0 Tibbolini         D.KITSON
29 mins:   FAPL   Brennan United 1-0 Isle of Man          G.PANDEV
29 mins:   FAPL   Queensland Origin 2-0 Tibbolini         D.TREZEGUET
32 mins:   FAPL   Queensland Origin 2-1 Tibbolini         F.DI SANTO
35 mins:   FAPL   Brennan United 1-1 Isle of Man          L.TONI
37 mins:   FAPL   Brennan United 2-1 Isle of Man          C.FOLAN
38 mins:   CCCH   Joga Bonitos Juniors 2-1 Swansea City   G.HIGUAIN (pen)
42 mins:   FAPL   Steel Panthers 0-1 Inland Valley H.     D.MILITO

Bad news for Saffron United as Franck Ribery fails to run off his injury and is replaced by Carlos Edwards on the right. Could this be the chink of light Didsbury need to get back on track?

51 MINUTES:

More bad news for Saffron United as Jonas Olsson’s challenge ends the game for striker Djibril Cisse. Veteran Kevin Phillips will come on to replace him.

59 MINUTES:

Finally a shot at goal from the Dynamoes. Digard’s ball into the feet of Kenwyne Jones and the big striker turned and hit the ball over the bar. Not close to a goal but a sign of improvement!

65 MINUTES:

Xavi and Armand Traore come on for Didsbury to replace Damien Duff and Michael Johnson. This is followed quickly by Lauren on for James Harper as they change to 451.

67 MINUTES:

Immediate impact from Traore as he sends Jones away down the left – with nobody in the box, Jones is forced to shoot from a tight angle and he almost stuns Frey in goal as his shots scrapes the cross bar.

69 MINUTES:

Another warning for Saffron who aren’t as dangerous without Cisse and Ribery. Again, Kenwyne Jones gets the ball and wastes the good positions of others when he fires the ball high and wide. A real waste.

76 MINUTES:

Excellent play from Saffron United as Alex Song sends Kevin Phillips away in space. He cuts inside the defender and shoots but Casillas makes the save. However the ball runs straight to Fabio Aurelio with an open goal ... A fantastic block from Jonas Olsson saves Didsbury as he deflects it out for a corner.

87 MINUTES:

An amazing run of play for Didsbury Dynamoes. A promising break down the right ends up with Eric Abidal crossing into the box. His cross is wayward but almost catches out Frey and cannons off the bar. The ball is retrieved on the right and Lauren’s cross is better and finds Xavi at the far post whose header goes straight at Frey. A marvellous chance wasted.

88 MINUTES:

Great play by McFadden on the left ends with the ball falling at the feet of Stephen Quinn on the edge of the area. His snapshot flies just over the bar.

93 MINUTES:

The introduction of Xavi has made a real difference to Didsbury Dynamoes. His ball over the top sends Kenwyne Jones clear but for a superb sliding challenge from Chiellini before the ball comes back to Xavi whose volleyed shot looks good but Frey makes the save.

94 MINUTES:

As Didsbury press forward, there is always likely to be another goal and so it happens. Song picks up the ball in the centre circle and sends MCFADDEN away who slides the ball underneath Casillas to double Saffron’s lead and secure the three points. Too little, too late from Didsbury Dynamoes as the whistle goes.

FULL TIME: SAFFRON UNITED 2-0 DIDSBURY DYNAMOES

Man of the Match: James McFadden (8.4)

A crowd of 29,942 and the majority of them go home happy as Saffron United secure a vital win to give them some breathing space at the bottom of the Premier League as they move upwards. Didsbury showed some improvement in the final twenty five minutes when Xavi came on and he could be the key man for them – unless Benitez finds a gem in the transfer window. Saffron United had the better chances and had more chances and deserved their three points.

Let’s head to vidi-printer and see what has been happening around the grounds in the second half:

49 mins:   FAPL   Steel Panthers 0-2 Inland Valley H.     D.MILITO
60 mins:   FAPL   Discworld 1-1 Boreham Badgers           R.PAVLYUCHENKO
60 mins:   FAPL   New Bloc 0-1 Essex Eagles               JO
61 mins:   CCCH   Joga Bonitos Juniors 3-1 Swansea City   CICINHO
64 mins:   FAPL   Queensland Origin 2-2 Tibbolini         K.CISSE
71 mins:   CCCH   Norwich City 1-2 Fanghunters            M.HAREWOOD
74 mins:   FAPL   Coedpoeth United 1-0 Welsh Wizards      L.GONZALEZ
77 mins:   CCCH   Canadian Mighty Squirrels 1-0 Charlton  A.DI NATALE
78 mins:   FAPL   Blackthorn Athletic 1-2 Northern Ext.   A.WITSEL
78 mins:   FAPL   Brennan United 2-2 Isle of Man          O.MARTINS
79 mins:   CCCH   OFF: Fernando Morientes (Crystal Palace)
84 mins:   FAPL   OFF: Chinedu Obasi (Steel Panthers)
88 mins:   CCCH   VfB Rammstein 2-0 Blackpool             C.TEVEZ
90 mins:   CCCH   VfB Rammstein 2-1 Blackpool             T.SMITH

CLASSIFIED CHECK

PREMIER LEAGUE

Blackthorn Athletic 1-2 Northern Extreme

Brennan United 2-2 Isle of Man Metros

Coedpoeth United 1-0 Welsh Wizards

Discworld 1-1 Boreham Badgers

London Titans 0-1 Essendon

New Bloc 0-1 Welsh Wizards

Queensland Origin 2-2 Tibbolini

Saffron United 2-2 Didsbury Dynamoes

Sheffield Wednesday 0-1 Gnome’ania United

Steel Panthers 0-2 Inland Valley Hawks

CHAMPIONSHIP

Canadian Mighty Squirrels 1-0 Charlton Athletic

Joga Bonitos Juniors 3-1 Swansea City

Melbourne 3-0 Crystal Palace

Norwich City 1-2 Fanghunters

VfB Rammstein 2-1 Blackpool

Sportstv.jpg

Welcome to SPORTS.tv

January 10th 2009

Here is the Premier League table after 20 games of the season.

PremierLeague20played.jpg

New Bloc remain top of the league despite their defeat at home to Essex Eagles but see their lead cut to just four points as Coedpoeth United’s win over Welsh Wizards saw them leap over London Titans into second. London Titans’ defeat at home to Essendon saw them fall behind Northern Extreme (2-1 win at Blackthorn) and Inland Valley Hawks (2-0 win at Steel Panthers) as they failed to make ground on the leaders. Essendon and Welsh Wizards swap places whilst there is little change below them as Queensland, Discworld and Steel Panthers all fail to win. Gnome’ania United’s narrow win at Hillsborough sees them move up to eleventh whilst Essex Eagles leap over Boreham Badgers and level with Brennan United after winning at New Bloc. Saffron United’s three points at home to Didsbury means they are up to fifteenth above Isle of Man and Tibbolini who both failed to win and continue to look nervously over their shoulders. Tibbolini’s draw means that Blackthorn Athletic’s defeat at home to Northern Extreme sees them fall into the relegation zone whilst Didsbury now find themselves seven points from safety and are only not bottom thanks to the performances of Sheffield Wednesday.

SPORTS.tv PREMIER LEAGUE PERFORMANCE OF THE DAY: Essex Eagles @ New Bloc

The Eagles took full advantage of the New Bloc transfer worries and inflicted New Bloc’s first home defeat of the season to cap a miserable week for them. A goal from Brazilian striker Jo sees Essex climb up into thirteenth and six points clear of the relegation trouble as they look to climb towards the top half of the Premier League table.

Here is the Championship table after 28 games of the season.

Championship28played.jpg

No change for the top five as they all won this weekend so all remain in the same position. With January not set to witness any of the big five playing against each other, it could remain the same until next month although they all need to be aware of avoiding a slip and of the importance that goal difference could play in the end. And of course, January means transfers: can the top five hang on to their star men ahead of the final promotion push?

SPORTS.tv CHAMPIONSHIP PERFORMANCE OF THE DAY: Fanghunters @ Norwich City

With Norwich sitting sixth, a trip to Carrow Road looked as difficult as any fixture other than those against the big five teams in the Championship. Two early goals from Kaka and Van Nistelrooy settled the Fanghunters’ nerves although a late Marlon Harewood goal would have set some hearts racing. A good win that keeps them second above Joga Bonitos Juniors and two points behind the leaders, Melbourne.

New Bloc takes a hit in transfer window

After losing two of their most influential players this week on transfer deals to teams far below them, Premiership Leaders New Bloc F.C. were not too happy with the decisions being made by the stars who were thinking of jumping ship.

"If you move now from this team, we will hurt you in the next game we play," said Danilo Uljarevic. "We at New Bloc F.C. are trying everything possible to please our players, but if they feel like we can't oblize them, we shall hurt them. Thank you"

Sportstv.jpg

Welcome to SPORTS.tv

January 14th 2009

TRANSFER NEWS

The transfer window is now halfway through and there have been several more moves involving teams in the Premier League and Championship. Inland Valley Hawks have agreed to sell experienced goalkeeper Dean Kiely to Championship QPR for £200,000 after he failed to make an appearance for the club. They were also busy bringing in a free agent as Spanish international Joaquin – a right winger formerly of Valencia and Betis and with 51 Spanish caps – made a move to become a Hawk. Another Iberian player landed in the Premier League as Portuguese central midfielder and former Sporting Lisbon star Joao Moutinho signed on a free transfer with the London Titans. The 22 year old already has 22 caps for Portugal and could be a real coup for the Titans. As expected, Championship Crystal Palace have agreed to sell central defender Alessandro Gamberini with the 27 year old former Fiorentina player moving to Queensland Origin for £3.6m where he will hope to add to his three Italian caps. New Bloc have been weakened in the last few days and moved to bring in a new face with experienced Italian international midfielder Simone Perrotta, a 31 year old former Roma player with 43 caps to his name. As was widely expected, Discworld moved to sign a goalkeeper as well. Unexpectedly though, it was Uruguayan international Gustavo Munua that arrived at The Disks on a free transfer with the former Deportivo La Coruna keeper looking to add to his 28 caps for the first World Cup winners. The big move of the last few days though saw Boreham Badgers agree to a deal that saw their attacking midfielder Niko Kranjcar move to Essex Eagles. The 24 year-old Croatian international – 43 caps already – moves to Essex for a £13m fee.

TONIGHT’S ACTION:

A full set of fixtures in the Premier League and FA Cup 3rd Round replays tonight with SPORTS.tv live at the Saffron Stadium – for the second time in five days – to see whether Saffron United or Canadian Mighty Squirrels will become the final T2B team to make Round 4 of the FA Cup. In the Premier League, 18 teams are in action (Inland Valley Hawks’ home game with Saffron United has been rescheduled due to the FA Cup replay) and looking to move up the table. League leaders New Bloc – beaten at home after selling two stars at the weekend – will look to get back on track at Tibbolini who are fighting for their lives at the foot of the table. Northern Extreme have a home game with rock-bottom Sheffield Wednesday and could take advantage if Coedpoeth United slip up at 16th placed Isle of Man Metros. Didsbury Dynamoes and Blackthorn Athletic are also in the drop zone and face Queensland Origin at home and Essex Eagles away respectively looking for points to give them some cheer.

Here is the full list of matches:

Boreham Badgers vs. London Titans

Didsbury Dynamoes vs. Queensland Origin

Essendon vs. Steel Panthers

Essex Eagles vs. Blackthorn Athletic

Gnome’ania United vs. Brennan United

Isle of Man Metros vs. Coedpoeth United

Northern Extreme vs. Sheffield Wednesday

Tibbolini vs. New Bloc

Welsh Wizards vs. Discworld

Now over to the Saffron Stadium for tonight’s live FA Cup replay.

FA CUP ROUND 3 REPLAY

SaffronUnited.png

Saffron United

VS.

Canadan Mighty Squirrels

CanadianMightySquirrels.png

A replay after the two teams drew 1-1 in the first game at The Land of the Chestnuts a week and a half ago. The Championship Squirrels were fancied to cause an upset against the Premiership strugglers, Saffron United, but in the end needed a late Michael Essien equaliser to earn a replay. United had led through Djibril Cisse before the sending off of Adrian Mutu who returns from suspension tonight.

TEAM NEWS and PRE-MATCH

Saffron United – without the injured trio of Michael Ballack, Savio and Jack Collison – won in their last Premier League outing as did Canadian Mighty Squirrels in the Championship. The Squirrels of Mighty are still without long term absentee Tomas Rosicky but are otherwise fully fit. For Saffron United, Adrian Mutu returns on the right wing, Franck Ribery is fit after his knock against Didsbury and McFadden and Cisse continue up front. The Mighty Squirrels start with Essien on the left and Keane and Adebayor up front who have been in great form so far this season.

Saffron United: Frey, Ricketts, Fabio Aurelio, Bramble, Chiellini, Ribery, Mutu, Gosling, Nafti, Cisse, McFadden.

Canadian Mighty Squirrels: Howard, Johnson, A.Cole, Nelsen, Albiol, J.Cole, Essien, Juninho Pernambucano, Ambrosini, Keane, Adebayor.

2 MINUTES:

It takes just two minutes for Franck Ribery to make an impact as his 25 yard free kick forces a flying save from Squirrels keeper Tim Howard to his left.

7 MINUTES:

First chance for the Squirrels as Nafti makes a tackle on Robbie Keane on the edge of the area. Whilst some Squirrels look for a free kick, the ball runs to Michael Essien who blazes over the bar when he should have done better.

15 MINUTES:

A good move from Canadian Mighty Squirrels nearly leads to the first goal. Good work by Keane and Ashley Cole presents Massimo Ambrosini with a good shooting chance on the edge of the box but he puts it over the top.

16 MINUTES:

Super play from Adrian Mutu as he weaves past several Squirrels heading for the box before sliding a perfect through ball into the area for Djibril CISSE to smash past Howard for the first goal for United. Canadian Mighty Squirrels are livid with the goal as they feel Cisse is offside: Raul Albiol is not one of them though as he knows he played the goalscorer onside!

SAFFRON UNITED 1-0 CANADIAN MIGHTY SQUIRRELS

20 MINUTES:

Mehdi Nafti gets the better of Ambrosini in the middle and slides Cisse in for another superb chance but this time Howard makes the stop to deny the French striker making it 2-0.

25 MINUTES:

It’s all Saffron United but suddenly the Squirrels launch a counter attack. Glen Johnson’s cross from the right is met by the left foot of Ashley Cole but Frey makes the save and Essien puts the rebound well wide – again the Ghananian should have done a lot better.

29 MINUTES:

Saffron United’s lead lasts just thirteen minutes after a moment of magic from Robbie KEANE. The Irish striker picks up the ball twenty five yards out, turns and smashes the ball past Frey into the top corner for a superb equaliser.

SAFFRON UNITED 1-1 CANADIAN MIGHTY SQUIRRELS

The half time whistle arrives with no further addition to the scoreline and at half time, the tie is still nowhere near being resolved. One worry for the Squirrels comes with a knock to Emanuel Adebayor just before half time. Will he make the second half?

HALF TIME: SAFFRON UNITED 1-1 CANADIAN MIGHTY SQUIRRELS

Let’s head to the vidi-printer and see what has been happening in the Premier League so far:

04 mins:   FAPL   Northern Extreme 1-0 Sheff. Wednesday   A.CASSANO
06 mins:   FAPL   Essendon 0-1 Steel Panthers             D.DROGBA 
08 mins:   FAPL   Northern Extreme 2-0 Sheff. Wednesday   J.REYES
10 mins:   FAPL   Isle of Man Metros 1-0 Coedpoeth United L.TONI
11 mins:   FAPL   Didsbury Dynamoes 0-1 Queensland Origin D.TREZEGUET
12 mins:   FAPL   Ivan Cordoba (Welsh Wizards)
13 mins:   FAPL   Isle of Man Metros 2-0 Coedpoeth United L.TONI
19 mins:   FAPL   Tibbolini 1-0 New Bloc                  A.ALVES
22 mins:   FAPL   Isle of Man Metros 2-1 Coedpoeth United W.ROONEY
24 mins:   FAPL   Northern Extreme 3-0 Sheff. Wednesday   A.CASSANO
27 mins:   FAPL   Essex Eagles 1-0 Blackthorn Athletic    J.MILNER 
31 mins:   FAPL   Northern Extreme 4-0 Sheff. Wednesday   M.ZARATE
32 mins:   FAPL   Boreham Badgers 0-1 London Titans       L.LAWRENCE
33 mins:   FAPL   Essex Eagles 2-0 Blackthorn Athletic    T.WALCOTT
33 mins:   FAPL   Nemanja Vidic (Welsh Wizards)
40 mins:   FAPL   Essex Eagles 2-1 Blackthorn Athletic    F.TOTTI
40 mins:   FAPL   Welsh Wizards 0-1 Discworld             D.VILLA
43 mins:   FAPL   Isle of Man Metros 3-1 Coedpoeth United O.MARTINS

Welcome back to the Saffron Stadium where Adebayor is staying on for the Squirrels as we start the second half.

50 MINUTES:

Superb break by the Squirrels as Ashley Cole runs the full length of the pitch without a Saffron challenge all the way to the byline. His chipped cross is nodded away but falls to AMBROSINI whose rasping right foot half volley gives Frey no chance.

SAFFRON UNITED 1-2 CANADIAN MIGHTY SQUIRRELS

Saffron make a couple of changes as Dan Gosling and James McFadden are replaced by George Elokobi and Lee Carsley – interesting subs when you need a goal!

55 MINUTES:

Since the subs, Adrian Mutu is now partnering Cisse up front for Saffron United and he tries his luck from 30 yards but the shot drifts wide of the target.

59 MINUTES:

The dangerous Ashley Cole continues to look most likely to score as the Squirrels look for a killer third. Essien’s clever play on the left finds Cole with room to shoot on edge of area but he misses the far post ... just.

65 MINUTES:

Cisse is freed on the right and cuts inside Ashley Cole who cannot prevent the low cross which is turned goalwards by RIBERY who finds the bottom corner for an equalising goal for Saffron United.

SAFFRON UNITED 2-2 CANADIAN MIGHTY SQUIRRELS

Adebayor succumbs to his knock and is replaced by Di Natale for the Squirrels.

68 MINUTES:

All of the Squirrels danger is coming from the full backs as this time Glen Johnson forces Frey into a flying save after good work from Joe Cole.

78 MINUTES:

Long range free kick from Ribery whistles just over the bar from 30 yards with Howard beaten.

83 MINUTES:

What a chance for Michael Essien! A Juninho corner finds him at the far post, Sebastien Frey in no man’s land and a free header which he heads over with the goal at his mercy. A terrible miss. The Squirrels replace Joe Cole with Valdivia.

85 MINUTES:

It’s a good job that Ashley Cole is a poor finisher for Saffron. Another great chance for the left back but he fizzes the effort wide with Frey beaten.

89 MINUTES:

At the moment, there is only one winner here as Saffron United stagger on the ropes. A long ball from Ryan Nelsen finds Juninho on the left and his cross is met from six yards by the un-marked Di Natale who heads it over. Another massive let off for Saffron. Kevin Phillips replaces Fabio Aurelio for Saffron United as we enter injury time.

95 MINUTES:

In the fifth minute of three minutes stoppage time (!), Glen Johnson finds Robbie Keane in the area all alone and unmarked. He has time, space but fires the ball straight at Frey. A shocking miss and the referee blows the whistle straight after! Extra time to come.

END OF 90 MINUTES: SAFFRON UNITED 2-2 CANADIAN MIGHTY SQUIRRELS

Quick check on the final scores in the Premier League tonight as we head to the vidi-printer.

46 mins:   FAPL   Gnome’ania United 1-0 Brennan United    C.BELLAMY
50 mins:   FAPL   Isle of Man Metros 4-1 Coedpoeth United C.N’ZOGBIA (pen)
60 mins:   FAPL   Essendon 0-2 Steel Panthers             D.DROGBA
60 mins:   FAPL   Tibbolini 2-0 New Bloc                  S.ETO’O
62 mins:   FAPL   Essex Eagles 3-1 Blackthorn Athletic    D.FLETCHER
63 mins:   FAPL   Essex Eagles 3-2 Blackthorn Athletic    F.TOTTI
67 mins:   FAPL   Boreham Badgers 1-1 London Titans       P.VIEIRA
76 mins:   FAPL   OFF: Aaron Ramsey (Boreham Badgers)
81 mins:   FAPL   OFF: David James (London Titans)
82 mins:   FAPL   OFF: Jamie Carragher (Steel Panthers)
85 mins:   FAPL   Tibbolini 3-0 New Bloc                  MAICON
86 mins:   FAPL   Gnome’ania United 1-1 Brennan United    C.EVANS 

Welcome back to the Saffron Stadium for Extra Time in the FA Cup Round 3 Replay.

91 MINUTES:

After just eighteen seconds, a third goal for Saffron United. Brilliant play from Ribery on the right, he cuts the ball back and CISSE cannot miss for his second of the night.

SAFFRON UNITED 3-2 CANADIAN MIGHTY SQUIRRELS

99 MINUTES:

More drama! A corner for the Squirrels swung in by Juninho is met by the head of Nelsen at the far post. The header is blocked but in the scramble, Elokobi trips Essien and Canadian Mighty Squirrels have a chance to equalise from the penalty spot. It’s Robbie Keane against Sebastien Frey ... And KEANE scores his second! Smashes it to the keeper’s right, he goes the right way but can’t get there and we’re level again.

SAFFRON UNITED 3-3 CANADIAN MIGHTY SQUIRRELS

Gabriel Heinze is coming on for the Squirrels to replace the impressive Ashley Cole.

103 MINUTES:

A perfect piece of football between Di Natale and Keane sets Squirrels away again and this time ESSIEN tucks the ball home and the Squirrels lead again.

SAFFRON UNITED 3-4 CANADIAN MIGHTY SQUIRRELS

105 MINUTES:

Saffron United are looking finished and Robbie Keane has just had a glorious chance to do that. Free in the area again after Ambrosini’s clever pass and another fine save by Frey keeps Saffron in it.

Half time in Extra Time and the Squirrels look to be sneaking it now.

107 MINUTES:

Gabriel Heinze destroys Ribery down the left for the Squirrels before crossing dangerously and ESSIEN gets his head onto the ball and finds the net to put the Squirrels in touching distance of Round 4.

SAFFRON UNITED 3-5 CANADIAN MIGHTY SQUIRRELS

120 MINUTES:

All over now. Michael Essien caps a wonderful extra time performance by finding DI NATALE who swivels and smashes the ball into the bottom corner.

FULL TIME: SAFFRON UNITED 3-6 CANADIAN MIGHTY SQUIRRELS

Man of the Match: Essien (CMS)

A wonderful cup-tie and Canadian Mighty Squirrels win through as they have the legs for extra time. Saffron United will be disappointed but in the end the Squirrels deserved their place in Round 4 where they will face another Premier League relegation threatened team in Tibbolini at home.

In the other FA Cup replays, Yeovil defeat Millwall 2-1 at Huish Park to set up a home tie with VfB Rammstein and Darlington win the North East derby 2-1 against Hartlepool and will meet Premier League leaders New Bloc in Round 4.

In the Premier League, it was another disastrous day for New Bloc who suffered their second successive defeat with a 3-0 hammering at Tibbolini for whom it was a massive three points at the bottom. Their lead is reduced to three points at the top although it could have been one point had it not been for Coedpoeth’s surprisingly heavy loss at Isle of Man by 4-1. The Metros needed the win as well to stay clear of the danger below them. Northern Extreme go second after demolishing Sheffield Wednesday in the first half whilst London Titan’s draw at Boreham lifts them above the Hawks who now have a game in hand. Essendon lose touch after a defeat to Steel Panthers who climb to seventh with Queensland in eighth after their win at Didsbury who are showing little sign of getting out of trouble at the bottom. Welsh Wizards drop to ninth after losing two men and the match against Discworld who climb to tenth whilst Essex’ win over Blackthorn takes them eleventh above Gnome’ania and Brennan United who drew. Blackthorn’s defeat leaves them in the drop zone on a day when teams above won.

CLASSIFIED CHECK: PREMIER LEAGUE

Boreham Badgers 1-1 London Titans

Didsbury Dynamoes 0-1 Queensland Origin

Essendon 0-2 Steel Panthers

Essex Eagles 3-2 Blackthorn Athletic

Gnome’ania United 1-1 Brennan United

Isle of Man Metros 4-1 Coedpoeth United

Northern Extreme 4-0 Sheffield Wednesday

Tibbolini 3-0 New Bloc

Welsh Wizards 0-1 Discworld

FA CUP ROUND 3 REPLAYS:

Darlington 2-1 Hartlepool United

Saffron United 3-6 Canadian Mighty Squirrels (aet)

Yeovil Town 2-1 Millwall

We're back this weekend with the Premier League game between third placed Coedpoeth United and Gnome'ania United - see you then.

You have got to be kidding me, game over man. New Bloc is falling apart and there's nothing I can do about it.

Low reputation is playing havoc. The players are willing to leave. Unlucky! It's a case of keeping as many as possible and making the top four I think ... Or some good signings over the rest of the window! :thup:

Low reputation is playing havoc. The players are willing to leave. Unlucky! It's a case of keeping as many as possible and making the top four I think ... Or some good signings over the rest of the window! :thup:

son of a gun, of course it was low rep! I never thought my team would be this good, underestimated and now I pay the price.

Archived