Top2Bottom: The Game Thread

Titans Manager Weighs into War of Words

Today London Titans has given his views on the current war of words. He stated that the manager of FC Hoofball, as he called them, "should start concentrating on football rather than looking for excusses to hid his own incompetance". He also said he had given up scouting them as he kept falling asleep.

He also questioned the need for new bloc to lower itself it to petty insults of fellow managers

"Who asked you?"

In a run of bridge burning activity that has seen New Bloc FC become the most hated team in England, Danilo Uljarevic hit out at the London Titans for 'interfering' in the war of words going on.

"I wish to go on the record to say that I am the greatest manager walking on this planet today and anyone who interferes or even comments on anything I say will never be allowed to deal with New Bloc FC ever again."

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Who asked you?"

In a run of bridge burning activity that has seen New Bloc FC become the most hated team in England, Danilo Uljarevic hit out at the London Titans for 'interfering' in the war of words going on.

"I wish to go on the record to say that I am the greatest manager walking on this planet today and anyone who interferes or even comments on anything I say will never be allowed to deal with New Bloc FC ever again."

Titans Boss hits back

Today Bob Mcbob tried to explain to the New Bloc FC manager the idea of free speech yet he was at pains to explain that the poor boy wasn't to blame. It was just where he was from where free speech wasn't a common liberty, Bob Mcbob then went onto give opinions on various other subjects aswell to show his amazing knowledge of the world. He also questioned the need for the New Bloc manager to constantly send his players out to hack and assault the opposistion.

Titans Boss hits back

Today Bob Mcbob tried to explain to the New Bloc FC manager the idea of free speech yet he was at pains to explain that the poor boy wasn't to blame. It was just where he was from where free speech wasn't a common liberty, Bob Mcbob then went onto give opinions on various other subjects aswell to show his amazing knowledge of the world. He also questioned the need for the New Bloc manager to constantly send his players out to hack and assault the opposistion.

New Bloc comes back!

In a week that has sent the press spinning, Danilo Uljarevic has hit back at London Titans over claims that his players were nothing more than mercenaries.

"If you do not like my tactics, go play in the Championship! The Premiership is where the big guys play and if you can't hang with our physical style maybe you need to hit the weight room in training. We have gotten to the top with our tactics and we will change them for no one."

New Bloc comes back!

In a week that has sent the press spinning, Danilo Uljarevic has hit back at London Titans over claims that his players were nothing more than mercenaries.

"If you do not like my tactics, go play in the Championship! The Premiership is where the big guys play and if you can't hang with our physical style maybe you need to hit the weight room in training. We have gotten to the top with our tactics and we will change them for no one."

Titans Boss is unimpressed.

Bob Mcbob has today stated that he sees New Bloc as a one dimensional team that needs to find a plan B. He also said that he believed that football is a beautiful game and if want to see a physical game, then fine but he would need to be buying a ticket for twickenham,..... not Wembley.

Titans Boss is unimpressed.

Bob Mcbob has today stated that he sees New Bloc as a one dimensional team that needs to find a plan B. He also said that he believed that football is a beautiful game and if want to see a physical game, then fine but he would need to be buying a ticket for twickenham,..... not Wembley.

"What's so Beautiful?"

In an effort to finish the rivalry between Titans and New Bloc, newest Premiership bad boy Danilo Uljarevic criticized the style of play being used at London Titans.

"What is so beautiful about 8th place? The only thing we know as beautiful at New Bloc as winning and through our great defense and producing offense our picture of beauty includes holding two trophies at the end of the season."

"What's so Beautiful?"

In an effort to finish the rivalry between Titans and New Bloc, newest Premiership bad boy Danilo Uljarevic criticized the style of play being used at London Titans.

"What is so beautiful about 8th place? The only thing we know as beautiful at New Bloc as winning and through our great defense and producing offense our picture of beauty includes holding two trophies at the end of the season."

Titans Boss Challenges New Bloc manager

Today, Bob mcbob asked Bad boy mangager Danilo Uljarevic to show his trophies. Only for him to remember that New Bloc hadn't won any. This led to a large grin to go across the highly talented manager.

Titans Boss Challenges New Bloc manager

Today, Bob mcbob asked Bad boy mangager Danilo Uljarevic to show his trophies. Only for him to remember that New Bloc hadn't won any. This led to a large grin to go across the highly talented manager.

You want a war, you got one!

Danilo Uljarevic came out today at Bob McBob and asked a friend of his to come to the press conference.

"Ladies and Gentlmen, UFC president Dana White is here. Now Mr. McBob, if it is a fight you want it is a fight you will get. I have a contract here to fight you at the next event in England, what say you."

Fellow football players from New Bloc at the press conference were stunned after the announcement saying "We are just here to play football."

I have made a decision about Top2Bottom that I have been considering for a while now; I'm going to move it to FM10.

The 24 of you that are involved now (including spartans5 and james_33) are guaranteed a place. Someone else was PM'ing me as well about being in it (someone from FMX3 I think) and if they make themselves known to me again, I'll guarantee them too.

If you decide to continue in FM10, you will be starting off in the order you finish this season. Promoted clubs will replace relegated clubs obviously.

I know it's going to be a pain in the proverbial but FM10 holds many new possibilities for the sign-up. And there are things I have learnt that I can make alterations to as well.

I will finish this season in FM09 though; I'm sure you all want to know who wins/survives don't you?!!!!!!!

Saffron Reaction to New Proposed FA Rulings

Newly appointed Saffron Chairman Jonothan Thomas had this to say regarding the changes proposed by the Football Association:

"The Saffron Board and management team pledge their full support to the FA with regards to the changes they proposed at their AGM. Further to this we will do everything within our power to ensure all goes smoothly and we look forward to a new era of Football. We are confident that the fans will be in full support of the changes as we feel they are the ultimate beneficiaries of those changes."

Debate still rages on about whether the newly appointed board will keep current manager Luis Aragones on. There has been speculation in the press that the Spaniard's services may soon be terminated. It is rumoured that The Board is unhappy at how the team has performed in the premiership with the talent that has been available to the manager. It has been reported that Jon Thomas has met with an unnamed South African manager in Johannesburg on his recent tour there to assist in 2010 preparations. Aragones has only been at the club for a short time and has yet to make a significant impact.

Jonothan Thomas had only this to say regarding the matter:

"This is a critical time for us now and we are fully focussed on staying in the premiership and Luis is our number one man. We urge the media to cease this irresponsible reporting and allow the club continue without distractions from the press."

Guest roberto922

I personally think it'll be excellent on FM10, even better than this one.

An update on my laptop trouble, it's booked in with my local computer shop now and should have it back in two to three days so will be able to do some sort of media write up for COedpoeth then

Don't do it! :thup:

Seriously, thanks for letting me know mate. Congratulations and I hope everything goes fine for you and it's the perfect day. Where's the honeymoon going to be?

Honeymoon is in Thailand (which was great until the recent turnmoil there and advice to avoide non-essential travel), but we're spening most of our time in Koh-Samui, so should be all good.

As for moving T2B to FM10, the FM09 version is fantastic, but agreed that moving it to FM10 can only make it better, especially with any lessons you have learnt.

I'm also heading into a busy period re: work. Massive issues with our Year 6 teacher and as some of you may know, Year 6 is a big year for a primary school. It's where we're judged. Guess who is getting roped into helping so sort the problems ahead of SATS?

I'm going to aim to finish the season in the Easter holidays. I also anticipate the move to FM10 around that time as well. If I'd known what was coming, I'd have postponed FMX3 a while but it's started now. So I'll have to split time.

I will try and hit a update every weekend.

Unable to help at the mo unfortunately, but good luck re work and all. Hope to see more soon!

PS - with the mini challenges, there would be a few that I can think of.

1) The Impossible - Survive the 2008/09 season as Sheff Wednesday (only FM09)

2) The Near-Impossible - Win the 2009/10 season as one of the 3 promoted clubs.

3) Breaking the Cycle - Get promoted to the Premiership as a non-T2B team in the 2009/10 season.

Unable to help at the mo unfortunately, but good luck re work and all. Hope to see more soon!

3) Breaking the Cycle - Get promoted to the Premiership as a non-T2B team in the 2009/10 season.

It'd have to be FM09 based or people would just run the database and it would take away from the actual T2B thread. When the season is complete, I will upload the FM09 database and set some challenges. Like the idea of those suggested although I'm not sure about the 'near-impossible' one. I wouldn't bet against Fanghunters with Kaka, Gerrard and Ronaldo when (or if) they get promoted.

Or the 3rd one - as only two T2B's sides would come down first season - so 1 promotions spot available; so If you pick a good side you have a good chance

• 2 weeks later...

Sportstv.jpg

NEWS

Wednesday 8th April 2009

HEADLINES.jpg

ISLE OF MAN METROS APPOINT AGUIRRE REPLACEMENT!

For the second time this season, Isle of Man Metros have announced a new manager after the sacking of experienced Spaniard Javier Aguirre last week. The new man charged with bringing success to the Metronome is another experienced manager – particularly, like Aguirre, in La Liga – in Louis Van Gaal, the former Barcelona and Dutch national team manager. Van Gaal, now 57, has declared himself delighted to be appointed at the Metronome and the Metros fans will be hoping he can ensure that they stay out of trouble in the relegation scrap – they are currently sitting just ahead of the danger – as well as finishing as high as possible as we head into next season when big changes are ahead for the Top2Bottom leagues.

WEDNESDAY RELEGATED BUT AN EXCELLENT EVENING FOR THE BLOC!

League leaders, New Bloc, travelled to Hillsborough tonight knowing that they needed a win to extend their lead at the top of the table after the recent war of words between manager, Danilo Uljarevic, and several other Premier League managers as the mind games begin ahead of the title run-in. Defeat for bottom club Sheffield Wednesday would secure their relegation into the Coca Cola Championship so their players were fired up and out to cause a sensational upset. However, it wasn’t to be for the Owls as their miserable season continued with a close 1-0 defeat, Thierry Henry with the vital goal on 19 minutes. So, Wednesday are relegated with six games remaining but New Bloc move clear at the top.

Further good news also arrived from the White Rock Stadium for the leaders as the Welsh Wizards threw a spanner into the works with a hard-fought victory over the Bloc’s title rivals, Inland Valley Hawks. An early goal from midfielder Lucas after just three minutes put the Wizards in front but Nemanja Vidic’s red card seemed to put the victory in danger. However, they were 2-0 up at half time thanks to a goal from Dirk Kuyt and an upset was on the cards. Klaas Jan Hunterlaar pulled one back straight after half time for the Hawks but despite unbelievable late pressure on the Wizards goal, they couldn’t find the equaliser they desperately wanted and the Wizards’ European hopes are still alive.

RELEGATION SCRAP STILL BOILING HOT!

Two massive games at the foot of the Premier League as Boreham Badgers – in awful form recently – hosted FA Cup Semi Finalists, Essendon and two of the relegation threatened sides above the Badgers – Gnome’ania United and Tibbolini – met at the Gnome’s Arcane Arena desperate for a morale boosting three points to give themselves breathing space at the bottom.

Whatever the Badgers manager Joe Tompkins said to his players pre-match, it worked in spectacular style! Essendon could not cope with the Badgers as their recent form was completely cast aside and two goals from Benni McCarthy and goals from Andreas Iniesta and Alessandro Del Piero gave the Badgers a 4-0 lead after 64 minutes. Michael Owen’s penalty was mere consolation for Essendon late on and the Badgers moved their points tally up three to give themselves new hope of staying in the Premier League.

At the Arcane Arena, a brace from Craig Bellamy just after half time added to an early goal from Arne Friedrich and it seemed that the Gnomes were coasting to three points and plunging the Mad Hatters of Tibbolini deep into trouble. However, complacency is a dangerous mindset and when Freddie Kanoute pulled one back immediately after Bellamy’s second, Tibbolini were rejuvenated. Amauri got a second just after the hour leaving half an hour for the Mad Hatters to find the equalising goal. A red card for goalscorer Kanoute didn’t help on 68 minutes and it gave them too much to do with the Gnomes hanging on to a 3-2 win and giving themselves a real boost to their survival hopes.

FANGHUNTERS ON THE BRINK!

Fanghunters faced Bristol City at home tonight knowing that a win, coupled with Canadian Mighty Squirrels failing to beat QPR at Loftus Road, would see them promoted to the Premier League with five games to spare. An early penalty from Kaka seemed to have settled the nerves of the league leaders but, out of nowhere, Stevan Jovetic hit the leveller for the Robins and the Fangies were pegged back at half time and also saw leading scorer, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, sent off just after the Bristol goal. With bad news filtering through from Loftus Road, the Fanghunters seemed to be wilting under the pressure until Cristiano Ronaldo lifted the gloom sixteen minutes from time and an injury time goal from Gabby Agbonlahor sealed the three points. Promotion is now certain if the Fanghunters seal two more points in their remaining five games of the season.

Failure to beat QPR at Loftus Road would have meant that the Canadian Mighty Squirrels would have secured promotion for the Fanghunters but the Squirrels of Mighty kept up their pursuit of Melbourne at the top of the table with a fine win over an opponent who have taken points regularly from the Top2Bottom giants this season. With Melbourne expected to beat Derby County at home, the Squirrels needed a win for more important reasons that Fanghunters’ promotion party-pooping and an early goal from Thomas Rosicky meant the Fangies champagne was on ice immediately. However, Fernando Llorente equalised for the Super Hoops immediately and for a moment, the Squirrels were struggling. Three early second half goals in the space of twelve minutes though – Michael Essien, Fraizer Campbell and Antonio Di Natale – meant that Lee Hughes’ goal for QPR late on was worthless and that eyes could turn to Melbourne and their game with Derby. A 4-2 win for the Squirrels meant the pressure was on for the Demons to beat Derby at the Commonwealth Bank Stadium.

An early injury for Eduardo didn’t help Melbourne and half time arrived with the scores level at 0-0. Knowledge of the Squirrels goals flying in meant that the fans were screaming for a goal from the Demons – knowing that the Squirrels and Melbourne meet in the league next – but it was the Rams of Derby who were making most of the play. A red card for Lee Hendrie gave Melbourne hope but it was misplaced hope as the game faded into a 0-0 draw and the Squirrels close the gap to five points ahead of the massive meeting of the two next weekend at the Land of the Chestnuts.

Joga Bonitos Juniors slipped up again in the Championship but twice came from behind to seal a 2-2 draw with Norwich City at Carrow Road. Dejan Stankovic and David Suazo with the goals but the Joga Juniors look like they are heading for the Play Off spots now rather than their automatic promotion dreams of a month ago. VfB Rammstein’s feint hopes of automatic promotion are still flickering after a 2-1 win at Southampton thanks to goals from Carlos Tevez and Keirrison.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AND UEFA CUP QUARTER FINAL - FIRST LEGS!

Two second half goals from Dimitar Berbatov and Lucio mean that Discworld travel to Didsbury Dynamoes for the second leg of their tie with a 2-0 lead and have got to be favourites to go through now after the Dynamoes’ failed to get an away goal. The second leg of this game is in a fortnight but the remaining ties are completed next week so they have a little longer to wait than Queensland Origin to see if they can secure a Semi Final spot. A home 0-0 draw with Porto however could mean that Origin fail to make the Semi Finals although failure by the Portuguese side to score an away goal leaves the tie right in the balance. In the other Quarter Final First Legs, Inter Milan beat Barcelona 2-1 at the San Siro to leave the tie delicately poised and Real Madrid and Roma drew 1-1 in the Bernebeu in the other Italian-Spanish tie.

Blackthorn Athletic are favourites to make the Semi Finals in their UEFA Cup tie with Schalke after a Nihat goal gave them a 1-1 draw in Germany and the away goal means that they are clear favourites to progress. In the all-English affair, Essex Eagles scored three away goals and won 3-2 at Saffron United to give themselves a superb chance next week in the second leg. Saffron led after a minute thanks to Michael Ballack but two goals from Jo and a Herita Ilunga goal gave the Eagles a 3-1 lead that was halved by a late goal from Franck Queudrue. In the other ties, Celtic lost 1-0 at home to Benfica and Fiorentina lead 2-1 against Sevilla ahead of the second leg in Spain. The second legs are played next week.

NEXT UP ON SPORTS.tv!

A massive day of action in the Premier League title race and the Coca Cola Championship promotion race this weekend and SPORTS.tv will bring you two live games. From the Premier League, we head to the Penygelli Arena to see if New Bloc can end the title dreams of Coedpoeth United who desperately need three points if they are to feature in the title race now. And in the Championship, it’s the meeting of Canadian Mighty Squirrels and Melbourne with Melbourne knowing that a victory would give them an eight point lead in the promotion race with four games to go – defeat would see the Squirrels move two points behind. There are also massive Premier League games in the battles for Europe and survival as well as Fanghunters bid to seal promotion to the Premier League.

Tune into SPORTS.tv soon to find out how the twists and turns unfold this weekend!

Victory is Turning Point for Badgers

Boreham Badgers manager Joe Tompkins was in an unsurprisingly good mood after a 4-1 thrashing of Essendon. "We have a fantastic chance of survival but we have to grab it with both hands, otherwise we could be playing Sheffield Wednsday again next season. I still have no idea how they got into the Premiership" (;))

Starr - "I'm Bored!"

After an update with no news on Steel Panthers, chairman Michael Starr hit back at Stix Zadinia's criticism of him following the 3-1 win over Boreham Badgers. Starr said:

"Well if he thinks he's doing so great why is there no news in the latest broadcast from Sports.TV about us huh? Where's that pizza I ordered? Who are you?"

Victory is Turning Point for Badgers

Boreham Badgers manager Joe Tompkins was in an unsurprisingly good mood after a 4-1 thrashing of Essendon. "We have a fantastic chance of survival but we have to grab it with both hands, otherwise we could be playing Sheffield Wednsday again next season. I still have no idea how they got into the Premiership" (;))

I'm more concerned with how the hell they got into football in the first place as well as the World Cup (if it comes to England) ... :confused:

I have holidayed. I've got some work to do and I might (no promises) be able to find time to update again today. I'm not updating FMX this weekend so should find some time but whether I have enough time to do it all is the issue.

I'm more concerned with how the hell they got into football in the first place as well as the World Cup (if it comes to England) ... :confused:

I have holidayed. I've got some work to do and I might (no promises) be able to find time to update again today. I'm not updating FMX this weekend so should find some time but whether I have enough time to do it all is the issue.

I'm glad you had time for just that update to be honest mate, I know you're busy at the minute. Don't forget to find the time to kick back in the lovely sun with a beer :cool:

Archived