FM10: Official Liverpool thread - Home of El Niño

weeeman27bob

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just played the first game of my fourth season (after losing to Arsenal 1-0 in a dire community shield match)

having to play Buchtmann as Olympics have decimated my squad, but still beat Villa 3-1.

just accepted a 7 million bid for Kuyt and a bunch of 3 million loan deals for Lucas (plus 9.5 million to make perm) I should be okay without buying anyone else.

Just started my third season. Last season i won the league by 3 points last year. My squad is quite good as ive signed everyone on 48 month deals and selling players.

( http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/Brooker_CTU/Prem10-11.png )

Major transfers in since start:

Toulalan - Lyon - 6M

Gourcuff - Lyon - 21M

Adler - Levurkusen - 18M

Veloso - Sporting CP - 7M

Otamendi - Velez - 2.1M (Didnt play at all in the first team)

Salvio - Lanus - 3M

Dzeko - Werder -18M

Balotelli - Inter - 24M

Novo - HSV - 1.2M (Great regen CB, 3.5 star potential)

D'Angeli - Palmero - 1.2M (Another regen, plays LB, 3 star potential)

Chiellini - Juve - 38M

Ochoa - America - 5M

Sakho - PSG - 18M

Wilshere - Arse - 8.5M

Walcott - Arse - 21M

Hayun - M.Hafia - 1.4M (Regen RB, Probably replace Johnson this season as he looks alot better)

Major transfers out since start:

Mascherano - Atletico - 21M

Plessis - QPR - 1.3M

Reina - Atletico - 18M

Aurelio - Man City - 4.2M

Vorinin - Sunderland - 3.5M

Babel - Man City - 8.5M

El Zhar - C.Palace - 1.2M

Krygiakos - Birmingham - 1.8M

Cavalieri - Roma - 5M

N'Gog - N'Castle - 5M

Kuyt - WBA - 5.5M

Hall - Man City - 1.2M (Compo) (From youth academy and they approached him)

Skrtel - Spurs - 8M

Darby - Pompey - 1M

Ochoa -Sevilla - 10M

Reira - Wolves - 7.5M

Veloso - Spurs - 10M

Agger - Villa - 12.75M

Otamendi - Sampadoria - 4M (8M buy back)

Benayoun - N'Castle - 2M

Spent quite alot on players as you can see. Most were on 48 month deals. For some reason the board gave me a cash injection of around 20M for the transfer budget each season. The players i signed and then sold i also managed to make a nice profit on like doubling what i paid for Ochoa.

2010 - 2011 Squad:

Squad-002.png

Dzeko is probably my best buy. Top scorer past 2 seasons and consistently scoring unlike Torres. Gourcuff is also a very good play and he got like 25 assists in the Premier League last year. Chiellini scored alot of goals from corners aswell.

Yogev Hayun:

Hayun-001.png

Looks a very good player. Last season he didnt play much but Johnson was not playing well last season so he will probably take the RB position this season.

Steve Burger:

January 2010

SteveBurger-Compare-001.png

August 2010

SteveBurger-Compare-002.png

My favourite youth. Got like 17 goals in 32 games last season in youth team. Had Toulalan tutoring him and now i got Gourcuff. As you can see he has improved alot over about 6 months.

Arsenal have just offered my £12.5m plus Carlos Vela for Insua.... should i accept it

He's doing great at Newcastle on my save but my scouts dont rate him too highly

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you could tell me how Pacheco turns out? Im about half way through my first season, and I've been playing him as backup to Gerrard. He's put in a few good performances, but im wondering whether he's worth persevering with or should I cash in now?

I got rid and he hasnt done much for QPR

Just been knocked out of the champions league 5-4 on agg peed of after leading 1-0 with a few mins left then they score a goal gutted.
oh my god i just got destroyed 5-2 by Aston Villa. It seems like this team is doing its very best to lose the title!

Unlucky lads

Well so far so good. Played a few friendlies and so far so good. I am actually liking Kyriakos very much in defence alongside Carragher, they look very solid. I am a little unsure who to sell at left back though. Dossena looks handy on a wingback role as he bombed forward but does look suspect in defence. Aurelio does look a little more solid and would help set peice wise. Insua's not going anywhere.

The other squad players in the team played quite well as well. I've retrained Babel to AMR as I think he's best suited as an out and out winger and with a right foot on the right wing would probably work better. Problem is I prefer to play Kuyt as an MR so Babel might not see a lot of playing time. Riera is handy as left winger. Can either play ML or AML so that'll help in my asymerical formation.

Up front, well. The only way I got Voronin to perform to any acceptable level was giving him a Target Man role and play to feet. However that way I needed whoever was playing AMC to play a more attacking role as Voronin would be the supplier rather then a out and out striker.

Well quick update. First season is going immensely well. The main consistency coming from the two best players Gerrard and Torres although I wish Torres would have as good a record in the EPL as he has had in the CL (10 in 6 in CL and 17 in 19 PL matches). But Gerrard just made European team of the year so I'm happy.

I did have a run of matches where Benayoun was immense before he got injured. Played him as advanced playmaker on the right on support role so it gave Gerrard more freedom to roam in the middle. Juggled between Riera and Babel on the left during that time but now Babel's permenant on the left wing and Kuyt occupies the MR spot where he's more a defensive pawn then anything.

Have had good results (3-1 at home to Man utd and 4-0 away to Man City) but a few low's (2-0 loss away to Chelsea and two stunning fabregas strikes downed me 2-1 at home :( ) but still top of the league by a point.

Small Update:

Liverpool 0-0 West Ham

A pretty even game, which I did have slightly more of the play, just failed to make chances pay unfortunately.

Newcastle 0-0 Liverpool

I absolutely destroyed them, again just failing to make any of my 16 chances count. Torres seemingly not firing after his 4 goals in the opening 3 matches.

Liverpool 1-1 FC Kobenhavn (Champions League)

Totally battered their goal with 23 shots, just struggled to put anything past their keeper. They score with their 1 attempt on goal for 0-1. Torres having another poor game, so I opt to bring on Dalle Valle and the young lad scores the equaliser in the 90th minute.

Liverpool 1-0 Wigan

Another total domination. Had 64% of the possession and 18 shots to Wigan's 5. Was looking like it was going to be another frustrating match. Afellay scored on 23mins but I just couldn't get another goal to make it more comfortable. But a win is a win.

Torres is going through a mini barren spell of 4 games without finding the net, or playing particularly well. Give him another match and if no improvement, Dalle Valle will be expected to score a few goals.

On the other side of the fence, I can't complain about my defence, having not conceded a goal in my opening 6 league games. The new signings of Akinfeev and Sakho are fitting in nicely. Although Sakho's defensive partner, Agger, has been ruled out for 3wks.

Just wrapped up the 2017 CL and my 5th of 8 Prem titles. The majority of my squad is slowly turning to regens, here are my three big guns:

2cp224x.png

2dwdijd.png

if3hom.png

I've got a few more possibly amazing guys. I spent a total of 12 million getting these three!

Started a new game last night to run along with my current liverpool game. started with southampton to try and get them up and get offered the liverpool job.

Always seem to end up getting the same players and selling the same ones when i start a liverpool game so will see how this works out

Anyone got any suggestions of who to sign in the first season?

Lukaku. :D

Right, the shift switching is done, gonna start my new save. I have a few people in mind who I might sign, such as Eden Hazard (he's gonna be class, check him out).

So I'm finally back on my game, and have just celebrated by beating City 4-3 to go 5 points clear of them in the league, with 9 games played. I'm in my fourth season. Just to get the juices flowing again, here is my squad:

GK: Reina, Joe Hart

DR: Johnson, Alessandro Potenza, Jean-Luc Horn (regen)

DL: Insua, Georgy Schennikov, Thimothee Kolodzeiczak (leaving in Jan for £4.5m)

DC: Heiko Westermann, Jamie Carragher, Martin Girke (regen)

DC: Mamadou Sakho, Martin Skrtel, Matt Goodall (regen)

MR: Stefano Guberti, Sergey Krivets, Jose Maria Tena (regen)

ML: Juan Manuel Vargas, Royston Drenthe

dMC: Mascherano, Tom Huddlestone, Koke

MC: Aquilani, Fabian Delph, Lewis Foulkes (regen)

AMC: Gerrard, Alan Dzagoev, Adam Pepper, Marco Verratti, Martin Calle (regen)

ST: Torres, Emmanuel Adebayor, Lawrie Wyke (regen), Dalla Valle (leaving for £6.75m)

Alright chaps, just a quick one. In my Roma save i bought Mascherano, and was wondering where he plays best? I bought him to partner Diarra as a ball winning midfielder, with the support mentality, but he isnt playing great, especially seen as i spent 30m for him. Anyone got any suggestions?

Alright chaps, just a quick one. In my Roma save i bought Mascherano, and was wondering where he plays best? I bought him to partner Diarra as a ball winning midfielder, with the support mentality, but he isnt playing great, especially seen as i spent 30m for him. Anyone got any suggestions?

Either that, or Anchor Man.

Right, Reina wants a new challenge so should I just sell him (im in the summer window now) or is there any way for him to become happy again (bearing in mind he has been unhappy since around January

i am looking for any ideas on a good lone striker. I am playing as liverpool, in to 3 rd season on fm2009 and have torres but he is not doing the bizz. So i need advice on either a) how do i get him playing well and scoring goals or b) who do i buy? I dont want to change my formation as rest of the team is doing well. I alos have diogo, chamakah and a 35 yr old van nistlerooy on the books but none of them so far been scoring either. I have also had kerrison, bellamy, henry, beckford(? hopeful i know), agbonlahor, pogrebynak, milevski, vieri, mutu, babel and voronin amongst others....any help and advice gratefully received.

i am looking for any ideas on a good lone striker. I am playing as liverpool, in to 3 rd season on fm2009 and have torres but he is not doing the bizz. So i need advice on either a) how do i get him playing well and scoring goals or b) who do i buy? I dont want to change my formation as rest of the team is doing well. I alos have diogo, chamakah and a 35 yr old van nistlerooy on the books but none of them so far been scoring either. I have also had kerrison, bellamy, henry, beckford(? hopeful i know), agbonlahor, pogrebynak, milevski, vieri, mutu, babel and voronin amongst others....any help and advice gratefully received.

Hate to say it but ''It's your tactics''. Maybe you should try adjusting just the ST position seeing as the rest of your teams doing well

Sell him and buy akinfeev
Right, Reina wants a new challenge so should I just sell him (im in the summer window now) or is there anyway for him to become happy again (bearing in mind he has been unhappy since around January
Praise him then offer him a new contract may have to give him more money though it worked for me id never sell him unless i have to.

Just wrapped up the 2017 CL and my 5th of 8 Prem titles. The majority of my squad is slowly turning to regens, here are my three big guns:

I've got a few more possibly amazing guys. I spent a total of 12 million getting these three!

Great regens

Anyone got any suggestions of who to sign in the first season?

Hello stranger havent seen you in here for ages

Lukaku, Salvio, Di Maria, Otamendi

So I'm finally back on my game, and have just celebrated by beating City 4-3 to go 5 points clear of them in the league, with 9 games played. I'm in my fourth season. Just to get the juices flowing again, here is my squad:

GK: Reina, Joe Hart

DR: Johnson, Alessandro Potenza, Jean-Luc Horn (regen)

DL: Insua, Georgy Schennikov, Thimothee Kolodzeiczak (leaving in Jan for £4.5m)

DC: Heiko Westermann, Jamie Carragher, Martin Girke (regen)

DC: Mamadou Sakho, Martin Skrtel, Matt Goodall (regen)

MR: Stefano Guberti, Sergey Krivets, Jose Maria Tena (regen)

ML: Juan Manuel Vargas, Royston Drenthe

dMC: Mascherano, Tom Huddlestone, Koke

MC: Aquilani, Fabian Delph, Lewis Foulkes (regen)

AMC: Gerrard, Alan Dzagoev, Adam Pepper, Marco Verratti, Martin Calle (regen)

ST: Torres, Emmanuel Adebayor, Lawrie Wyke (regen), Dalla Valle (leaving for £6.75m)

Good team mate

I play him MC as ball winning midfielder defend and he does the job

Right, Reina wants a new challenge so should I just sell him (im in the summer window now) or is there any way for him to become happy again (bearing in mind he has been unhappy since around January

He done the same to me got rid cant be arsed with unhappy players

I just told Reina that I was keeping him, and that I'm trying to progress the club to match his ambitions or something like that. He said sorry straight away, and not heard another thing from him :) Akinfeev is abysmal in the air, thats what puts me off buying him.

Was nervous when they scored

Yeah went a bit limp wristed after that. But there was about 10-15 minutes where the players seemed to be enjoying themselves, hopefully they can keep the work up and it will have cleared out the cobwebs and they can play their natural game on Saturday. I plan to be planted on my sofa playing FM and nursing a post-christmas party hangover while we put at least three past them

Hey yo people! Been a long time out but I'm back with good progress. Finished season 7 with some titles

Community

Lost to Villa on penalties

Euro Supercup

Won versus Juventus on penalties

Premier

Won again so I'm with 7 league trophies in 7 seasons. Spurs chased me in the final games but we did well

Champions (Lille, Porto, Villarreal)

Won all group games except Villarreal away which we drawn. Then we managed 8x6 aggregate win (nice 4x1 away and a hard 4x5 home) against R. Madrid and got revenge-eliminated by Juventus in quarter final on a 2x3 (1x0 away but 1x3 home)

FA Cup:

We beat West Ham, Hartlepool, Villa, Tottenham, Chelsea on penalties (Terry & Bocchetti missed) and Newcastle on final. Finally champions again after 2 years waiting!

League Cup

Beat Leicester, Newcastle on extra time, Arsenal, Preston and Villa on extra time in final. Now it's 4 in a row!

World Championship

Beat Seongnam and then Fluminense on extra time in final. 4th World title!

Signings IN:

Some regens

Götze free

Ramsey free

Bolzoni £20M

M. Marin £26M

Zezinho £18M

(from now the list is january 2016 when I decided to burn the £140M left)

Chantôme £15M

Pepper £13M

Delph £10M

Le Tallec £28M

Sánchez £38M

N'Koulou £23M

Defederico £20M

Signings OUT:

Some regens and some frees

Subotic £10M

Montolivo £9.25M

Veloso £10M

M. Johnson £3M

Modric £30M (he wanted to go and Spurs bought him)

Adrián £15M

Beck £8.75M

A. Traoré £4.6M

Ramsey £5M

About the new stadium I'm counting the days. It's 4 Jun 2016 now and 27 Jun 2016 is the final construction day! Almost there fellows! :D

Well that's all for now.. Maybe next year I'll be back. Til there I wish you all happy new year, celebrations and stuff! :cool::thup:

What position do you play him in?? (hazard)

I play him in AMC as Inside Forward. Moved Gerrard into the middle, both have played extremely well. Even in the League Hazard has proved he is top class, he's amazing at playing through balls and can really hit them from long range. :thup::thup::thup:

I play him in AMC as Inside Forward. Moved Gerrard into the middle, both have played extremely well. Even in the League Hazard has proved he is top class, he's amazing at playing through balls and can really hit them from long range. :thup::thup::thup:

Might start a new game and give him a go,

in my 4th season and with the patch out now i'm tempted to start a new save, not sure tho as i have a few regens i really like and have won the lge 3 years in a row and new stadium is on the way

Archived