FM10 : Official Good Centre Backs Thread

Purefun

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
You got Bruno Alves for only £6.5Million? They never sell for under 25Million plus on my save(s). :(

Yeah, you may play a newer patch than me as I just use the original database for now with none of the patch updates. I just play through the disc, not steam.

• 2 weeks later...
Who are the good cheap Cbs on 10.0.3?

Cheap max 7/8 mill

Those I had so far and pop to my mind (soo tired :)): Dalton, Tasci, Otamendi, Gabriel Milito though he might be a bit expensive on the wage side, Danny Wilson.

Name: Guglielmo Stendardo

Nationality: Italian

Club: Lazio

Position: CB

Value:

Sale Value: 80k

Work Permit Needed?: no

An incredible CB for 80k, will do a job as back up or as a starter. Only problem for smaller clubs are his wages, he usualy asks for 20k a week. He will bang in goals from corners and works great as a stopper.

Have you guys any idea who I could sign on loan in January for Pompey lads? Defenders are costing me big time! cheers!

Try Toprak, he is usually cheap compared to others. Or Gabriel Milito may be an idea. But yeah, budget would help to give real advice :p

I'm in 2015. Any young lads from the start of the game who can be possible singings now? All the best ones doesn't want to sign for Ajax, obviously. I'm talking about Sakho, Rodwell, Wilson, Zapata. You name it. Just sold Otamendi, because he's a freak.

I'm in 2015. Any young lads from the start of the game who can be possible singings now? All the best ones doesn't want to sign for Ajax, obviously. I'm talking about Sakho, Rodwell, Wilson, Zapata. You name it. Just sold Otamendi, because he's a freak.

Sergiy Kryvtsov?

• 2 weeks later...

Alex Pearce of Ipswich performs well above wat his stats are. great mid table prem player. can pick him up for around 2mill.

also miles addison of Derby is another quality mid table centre half. although his favoured position is DM he plays better at CB. aagain around 2 to 2.5 mill to sign him. both players helped my hull city team finish 9th.

for my arsenal team

fazio is an absoloute beast of a player, 18 heading and 19 jumping after regular games

i paid 5 or 6 million plus fran merida so hes relatively cheap and worth every penny

i also recomend djourou if u can get him cheap in the second season, hes very strong and good aerially for me

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, i'm managing liverpool atm and wondering if anyone can recomend a solid CB whose like Walter Samuel but younger??

i'm trying to construct a mourinho style team and tactics and after watching inter lately in the CL ive realized that this is what i need!! talking about jumping, strength, work rate, determination and tackling.

cheers :thup:

Hey, i'm managing liverpool atm and wondering if anyone can recomend a solid CB whose like Walter Samuel but younger??

i'm trying to construct a mourinho style team and tactics and after watching inter lately in the CL ive realized that this is what i need!! talking about jumping, strength, work rate, determination and tackling.

cheers :thup:

Take a look at Mexes & Bruno Alves. Cheaper options could be Feilpe at Udinese and Ivan Marcano. Also Leandro Dominguez at Dinamo Moscow might fit your criteria.

Alternatively, go to Samuel's profile page, hover over the 'scouting' option in the bottom left corner and select 'create player search filter from' and let the game find the similar players to Samuel for you.

cool man, i'm going for felipe. mexes is ideal but will cost 40 mill + and chygrynskyi looks just the match but i cant get an asking price for him.

cheers though mate

EDIT: got £24mill bid for chygr accepted, so withdrawn felipe. chygr can speak english too

Playing as Toulouse and just finished second in Ligue 1 so I need a Champions League quality CB going into 10/11 season.

I have £20m to spend.

Current CB's at the club are Congre, Kryvtsov & N'Koulou (but unsure if he's better suited for DMC). Have a bid currently in for Vlaar as Rami is off to Chelsea, Luiz off to Fiorentina and Miranda won't be sold for anyhting less than £17m. Any help for someone who can be bought for around £10m??

Gotta ask, going through all the cheaper (0-2m) options all of them seems to seriously lack Decision in 10.3, all less than 10. Maybe it's because they've gotten lower in the patch, or does Decisions simply not matter for a CB?

I'd like to add this one too:

Name: Mohammad Nosrati

Nationality: Iran

Club: Teraktor-Sazi

Position: CB, FB, DM, CM

Value: 100k

Sale Value: 185k

Work Permit Needed?: Yes, got 50 caps for Iran though.

Playing as Toulouse and just finished second in Ligue 1 so I need a Champions League quality CB going into 10/11 season.

I have £20m to spend.

Current CB's at the club are Congre, Kryvtsov & N'Koulou (but unsure if he's better suited for DMC). Have a bid currently in for Vlaar as Rami is off to Chelsea, Luiz off to Fiorentina and Miranda won't be sold for anyhting less than £17m. Any help for someone who can be bought for around £10m??

Fazio. Might be a shade more than £10m, but he's so so worth it.

Gotta ask, going through all the cheaper (0-2m) options all of them seems to seriously lack Decision in 10.3, all less than 10. Maybe it's because they've gotten lower in the patch, or does Decisions simply not matter for a CB?

Decisions is important for a centre back. Maybe decision-making is what separates a decent centre back from a good one. Does seem strange though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived