FM10 : Official Good Centre Backs Thread

Purefun

David Luiz, Federico Fazio, Adil Rami, Michael Turner and Ivan Marcano are all worth a look for £10m.

none of them will come to Newcastle:(!

Ended up going for Omer Toprak for 9 million looks decent enough

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fazio wanted a new challenge after 3 Serie A titles and 2 CL trophies in 4 years, not to mention domestic cups.

He was my defensive rock for all those seasons, rarely injured and usually having a 7.5+ avg rating. Loved the guy too much to force him to stay, so got £34m from Man City.

I've still got Sakho and my great regen, plus 2 up and coming regens but they are 17 and 18, so I need one more top class CB.

I'm in year 2015 btw, preferably someone with a little bit of pace.

I haven't even heard of Cosic before, I'll look him up.

Zapata, Wilson, Luiz and Bochetti will cost upwards of £30m... I can afford it but tbh I don't think any of them are worth it.

Papastathopoulos is still at Genoa IIRC so I'll look into him.

Caldwell doesn't look too bad actually. Pretty good really, would make a good backup for any top club tbh.

Well, I've just been promoted to the Premiership so he'll probably be rotating a bit, but for free, 20k a week, happy in a backup role, AND home-grown at the club, I think I've just got a bargain :). I also have Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini, and plan to sign Curtis Davies, so there isn't much pressure on Caldwell to be the best player in the world, so long as he can fill the gap during suspensions and injuries.

• 3 weeks later...

david luiz doesnt look that good in my game. he is 24 and is yet to get his first cap for brazil also.

decisions: 12

heading: 14

marking: 17

tacking: 16

concentration: 12

composure: 11

positioning: 15

Evening all :)

Right, atm, I am Wigan, and obviously looking for a centre back, I have 5million to spend, and I keep trying to sign Otamendi, but Velez want 11mil :/, so I was wondering if anyone can recommend someone a bit cheaper?

Thanks

ITFC 1

Okay I'm looking for very, very young NON-regens in DR and DL positions. Main priority is defence, not bothered about attacking full-backs. They must have the potential to be okay in the top half of the Premiership, yet not good enough to be thrown straight into the first team, as I like the feeling of satisfaction when you bring up a decent player yourself.

At the moment, i have Jordan Spence, Ben Tozer, and a regen named Matt Lucas (lol!) who all seem good enough to play in the Prem in a couple of years (spence maybe sooner). All are DCs but Lucas can cover the left. I also have Joe Mattock who now seems quite an accomplished full-back so he'll be going into the first team this season.

• 1 month later...

Booth is good. Has decent stats and performed well for my Hull team in the Premier League. Also accepts quite low wages but you are probably going to offer him a little more than what he asks for because on most of my games Tottenham are after him.

Booth is good. Has decent stats and performed well for my Hull team in the Premier League. Also accepts quite low wages but you are probably going to offer him a little more than what he asks for because on most of my games Tottenham are after him.

never in mine. i can get him for £350k and then sell him for £2m the next season.

Archived