AI Experiment - Birth of a New Nation

What do you predict will happen?

FC Jasque will rule European Football

Which team, excluding the 2006/07 season, will have been the most successful ten seasons in this experiment?

FC Jasque

Who will triumph in the first season?

Its already been done, and guess who?! FC Jasque of course

Will the potential star players in each team move on to bigger clubs abroad?

Yes, the league will grow in stature, and with it more clubs will show interest in players playing in it

Will the stars stay within the First Division as they're in the top competition in their country?

No , they will want to move once interest comes in

Which team would you support out of the 16 clubs?

Can you not tell?

How key will the parent club links be?

if the players are willing to go out on loan to this country then very. The vast majority of talent in the league should come from the parent clubs on loan

Can an Ellisian team win one of a European competition?

In future years i know FC Jasque will, but it may take a LONG time

Any other thoughts?

Nodnol City Scum!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BIRTH OF A NEW NATION

Season 2008/2009

Transfer Market

Over the summer of 2008 there was a host of activity as players jumped between teams within the First Division and there was a lot of activity between Ellisian teams and English Premier League/Championship sides as players moved both ways. The young stars of the Ellisian league were leaving the Ellisian teams in their droves for either the big clubs of the Ellisian league, or for lower Premiership clubs.

Port Nelson’s young star attacking midfielder, Owen Kellogg, left for Bolton Wanderers in a £1.2m deal, he is now worth £8m. As the summer dragged on the young stars, like Ribaldo of Argyres, Justin Harle of Lantisia, Paul Harris of Balanvinski, and Phillip Gagnon of Grimme Athletic left for teams in England (In Gagnon’s case, Espanyol in Spain) for deals worth much less than they are now valued. It seemed the top premier league sides and top Spanish sides were not aware of the star talents in the EFD.

European Competitions

In the First Qualifying Round of the Champions League the EFD Champions, FC Jasque, faced Maribor of Slovenia. Both legs were drawn 1-1 and extra time was goalless, eventually FC Jasque triumphed on penalties and advanced to the next round.

They were drawn to face Malmo FF of the Sweden. A battling 1-0 performance away from home together with a gutsy 1-1 draw at home meant that FC Jasque progressed to the third qualifying round of the Champions League, they were also guaranteed a place in the UEFA Cup if they failed to get to the group stages.

A harsh draw saw them drawn against Olympiakos of Greece. FC Jasque lost the away leg 2-0 which was most unfortunate and meant they had an uphill battle in the return leg. No matter, FC Jasque put in the performance of their lives at Bastiat Crescent to win the game 5-3. Unfortunately for them this meant that they failed to advance on the away goals rule! They had come so close to the group stages!

The draw for the First Round of the UEFA Cup was not kind either as they had to play Paris Saint-Germain. FC Jasque lost the first leg 2-0 at home and could only battle to a 1-1 draw in Paris to fail to advance to the Second Round.

In the UEFA Cup Lantisia, runners up on goal difference the previous season in the EFD, failed to progress past the first qualifying round, going down 3-1 on aggregate to Austria Wien. Whitefield United, who had qualified as winners of the Emperors Cup, got knocked out 5-1 on aggregate by IFK Gothenburg.

Grimme Athletic opened the first round of the Intertoto Cup by beating Maag Tammeka of Estonia 6-1 on aggregate before being knocked out on penalties by Dundee United after drawing both games 1-1 in the second round.

Overall, Europe was disappointing this season for Ellisian clubs with the exception of FC Jasque’s real close call on making the Group Stages of the Champions League.

Isoeph Cup

The group stages were played at the beginning of the season and the following teams advanced from the groups: Argyres, Stravchine Balanvinski, Faradafry, Nodnol City, Lantisia, Diamond Heights, Whitefield United and Wegason.

In the quarter finals, Lantisia beat Diamond Heights, and Farafafry beat Wegason on penalties. Whitefield United and Agyres recorded narrow 1-0 wins over Stravchine Balanvinski and Nodnol City respectively.

Argyres and Farafafry advanced on penalties in the semi finals against Lantisia and Whitefield after 1-1 draws to set up a final where Agyres triumphed 2-0 over Faradafry City. It would remain to be seen whether history would be repeated and see the Isoeph Cup winners go on to win the league like FC Jasque did last season.

Emperors Cup

Picking it up from the quarterfinals, Newtonia beat Nodnol City, Bozarburg beat Lantisia, Farafafry thumped Whitefield United, and San Angel beat Shasarazade.

In the semi finals Newtonia beat Faradafry in extra time and San Angel beat Bozarburg. The final saw last year’s finalists, Newtonia, defeat San Angel 2-1 thanks to two goals from Malcolm Christie.

The Ellisian National team

The effect of the new division still does not seem to be having much of an effect as losses to Portugal (0-3) and Bosnia (2-3) were followed by an expected 3-0 triumph over Armenia. In the friendlies Ellisia lost to Chile 2-1 and only narrowly beat Chinese Taipei 1-0. Luxembourg were beat 3-0 before World Cup Qualifiers resumed where Ellisia lost 2-0 to Turkey before recording their best result thus far, a 3-0 annihilation of Belgium in Port Nelson, then they lost to Portugal away from home. After six games they sat 4th in the group, ahead of Belgium and Armenia but behind Turkey, Portugal, and Bosnia.

BIRTH OF A NEW NATION

Season 2008/2009

Ellisian First Division

Four teams dominated the division this year, right from the start. Port Nelson, Argyres, Shasarazade, and surprisingly, Grimme Athletic all took up positions in the top four at the start of the season and maintained those positions throughout the season pretty much.

As the season reached its climax with five games to go Grimme Athletic were sitting pretty on top of the table with 51 points, much to everyone’s surprise, and their closest challengers were Argyres on 46 points, Port Nelson on 45 points, and Shasarazade on 43 points.

Grimme Athletic won match 26 of the season, beating Whitefield United 4-1 at home, while Argyres triumphed over Nodnol City 3-0. In a title challenger clash, Port Nelson defeated Shasarazade 3-2 to make it almost mathematically impossible for Shasarazade to win the table. The next round of matches saw Lantisia hold Grimme to a draw while Shasarazade put a dent in Argyres title challenge by beating them 2-0 at Shangrila Gardens. Port Nelson squeezed a one goal win out over Whitefield United to put pressure on Grimme. Port Nelson stood on 51 points to Grimme’s 55.

Grimme then beat United Commonwealth Club 1-0 while Port Nelson beat rivals Nodnol City 2-1 to keep the gap at just 4 points with two games remaining. Grimme Athletic needed a victory to secure the title, if they drew and Port Nelson drew then they’d also secure the title.

Port Nelson managed a 1-0 victory over U.C.C. but unfortunately for the Admirals the Austrians managed to beat San Angel to secure the title, this was most unfortunate for Port Nelson and for fans of Ellisian football as the last day of the season could have seen a title deciding game as Port Nelson were facing Grimme Athletic. Neutrals may have wished it had gone to the last day as Port Nelson came back from behind twice before snatching a winner in the dying minutes, what a game that would have been if it had meant something.

The last day of the season saw a decisive game for the place in the Intertoto Cup as Shasarazade needed a victory to secure 3rd position in the league while Argyres had to win against arch rivals UCC in order to put pressure on the Slicing Hammers. Unfortunately for Slicing Hammers fans they lost 1-0 to Faradafry while Argyres won 2-0 against the Drakes.

The loss to Argyres condemned UCC to a relegation playoff as they needed the victory in the last game to leapfrog Newtonia who lost to Diamond Heights.

In the relegation play-off United Commonwealth Club won the first leg against Bozarburg 1-0 but lost the return 1-0. The game went to penalties to decide who would earn a place in the First Division next season, Bozarburg triumphed in the end 4-2 on penalties to condemn the Drakes to relegation.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | ECC | Grimme Athletic | | 30 | 18 | 7 | 5 | 56 | 30 | +26 | 61 |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | EC | Port Nelson | | 30 | 18 | 6 | 6 | 38 | 25 | +13 | 60 |

| 3rd | EV | Argyres | | 30 | 15 | 6 | 9 | 49 | 34 | +15 | 51 |

| 4th | | Shasarazade | | 30 | 15 | 5 | 10 | 64 | 51 | +13 | 50 |

| 5th | | Stravchine Balanvinski | | 30 | 14 | 5 | 11 | 48 | 44 | +4 | 47 |

| 6th | | FC Jasque | | 30 | 12 | 7 | 11 | 36 | 33 | +3 | 43 |

| 7th | | Lantisia | | 30 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 31 | 29 | +2 | 43 |

| 8th | | Wegason | | 30 | 11 | 6 | 13 | 40 | 49 | -9 | 39 |

| 9th | | Nodnol City | | 30 | 10 | 8 | 12 | 38 | 37 | +1 | 38 |

| 10th | | San Angel | | 30 | 9 | 11 | 10 | 40 | 52 | -12 | 38 |

| 11th | | Diamond Heights | | 30 | 8 | 11 | 11 | 32 | 31 | +1 | 35 |

| 12th | | Faradafry City | | 30 | 9 | 8 | 13 | 34 | 37 | -3 | 35 |

| 13th | | AFC Posul | | 30 | 9 | 7 | 14 | 46 | 56 | -10 | 34 |

| 14th | EC | Newtonia | | 30 | 10 | 2 | 18 | 34 | 49 | -15 | 32 |

| 15th | R | United Commonwealth Club | | 30 | 6 | 12 | 12 | 22 | 29 | -7 | 30 |

| 16th | R | Whitefield United | | 30 | 7 | 5 | 18 | 29 | 51 | -22 | 26 |

</pre>

Grimme Athletic were the unexpected champions of the First Division, I expected them to be a top four finisher, with the potential to mount a title challenge, I really didn't expect them to go and win it! They'll be playing in the Champions League next season but I think they'll struggle.

Port Nelson surprised me, they made some wise purchase in the transfer market and gelled as a team and could so easily have won the league but in the end secured a UEFA Cup birth, they should be able to do well. Argyres and Shasarazade put in strong performances and as can be seen by the goals columns, Shasarazade maintained their all out attacking ways as they scored a huge 64 goals, the highest in the league and conceded 51, 22 more than UCC who were relegated and the same as bottom of the table Whitefield United! Newtonia secured the other UEFA Cup spot thanks to their victory in the Emperors Cup, fortunately for them that UCC didn't win their last game against Argyres otherwise they'd of been playing in the UEFA Cup while possibly playing Second Division football.

Ellisian Second Division

Grimme City would be joining fierce rivals Grimme Athletic in the EFD after securing the Second Division title by six clear points from Bozarburg who also achieved a promotion straight back to the First Division after beating United Commonwealth Club in the play-off. Linfield were a close third and Rayleigh fourth. At the other end of the table, Wolverton and Portadown were condemned to Third Division football, Wolverton going down on goal difference as Spark Rovers had a better one by four goals. Coming up from the Third Division would be Old Castle Swifts and Hendon.

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | C | Grimme City | | 22 | 12 | 7 | 3 | 31 | 17 | +14 | 43 |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | P | Bozarburg | | 22 | 11 | 4 | 7 | 31 | 24 | +7 | 37 |

| 3rd | | Linfield | | 22 | 10 | 5 | 7 | 37 | 30 | +7 | 35 |

| 4th | | Rayleigh | | 22 | 9 | 5 | 8 | 28 | 31 | -3 | 32 |

| 5th | | Windsor Castle | | 22 | 8 | 7 | 7 | 28 | 26 | +2 | 31 |

| 6th | | Adelphia Spartans | | 22 | 9 | 4 | 9 | 26 | 28 | -2 | 31 |

| 7th | | Estaag United | | 22 | 8 | 6 | 8 | 30 | 30 | 0 | 30 |

| 8th | | Midchestnut United | | 22 | 7 | 7 | 8 | 32 | 31 | +1 | 28 |

| 9th | | Malastaire Rovers | | 22 | 8 | 4 | 10 | 33 | 33 | 0 | 28 |

| 10th | | Spark Rovers | | 22 | 8 | 4 | 10 | 23 | 27 | -4 | 28 |

| 11th | R | Wolverton | | 22 | 9 | 1 | 12 | 25 | 33 | -8 | 28 |

| 12th | R | Portadown | | 22 | 5 | 2 | 15 | 27 | 41 | -14 | 17 |

</pre>

Bozarburg bounced straight back up thanks to a penalty shoot-out victory over United Commonwealth. The other Faradafry team, Spark Rovers, survived on goal difference while Adelphia, rivals of Argyres, did better this season than last. A good season for Grimme City will see them join city rivals Grimme Athletic in the First Division.

Thanks for all the appreciative comments guys

Originally posted by ManUTDBoi17:

This is absolutely brilliant! Just one thing, why on the Clubs Info screens do they have Nation: Northern Ireland?

I say you release the database for this as id admire playing in these leagues as the Mighty Admirals!

That's because if you change the actual name of the nation, you cannot play the leagues, the nation disappears from the leagues selection menu when you set up the game.

Originally posted by ManUTDBoi17:

Cheers for reply so fast. Just wondering, you gonna be realeasing the database anytime soon or at all for that matter?

icon_smile.gif

I will release the database but not anytime soon. I responded to a similar question earlier on in the thread, here's my reasoning and response. icon_smile.gif

Could you upload the database pretty please? I would love to try my hands on one of these teams.

I'm afraid not, and that's for two reasons. One, that I don't want people simulating ahead with my experiment thereby spoiling it and stealing my idea, and two, the database currently doesn't work with patch 8.01, I have raised this with SI, but have also an older version I created during the beta patch stage as a backup that works when setting up a game under the full patch (this version doesn't). I'm slowly updating the older version up to the current version so I have a version that works with the new patch. It's a slow process.

I do promise however that when this experiment has run its course, or at a suitable time down the line, I will make the database freely available to those who want it. That I will do.

I'll add to that by saying that this experiment has shown me a few errors and problems I want to fix before I release the database. These mainly consist of where the national team is playing, club stadiums not working properly or incorrectly assigned, as well as cup finals being played at tiny stadiums. I'm going to get all these fixed, update the database as much as possible, as well as possibly add more clubs to fill out all three divisions before I release the database, but I will release it eventually, you'll just have to be patient. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Weden:

My favourite thread in these forums, you've already surpassed kipfizh in my eyes icon_smile.gif Keep it up!

WOW! That's some compliment, thank you very much. I'm working on the statistical update at the moment, really hoping Genie Scout will come out soon so I can add that to the statistical section and go back and analyse the previous seasons.

BIRTH OF A NEW NATION

Manager Movements

Midseason Changes

There were no midseason casualties, which was quite surprising seeing as Whitefield, who finished third last year, tanked this year.

End of Season Changes

Bernie Russo resigned as boss of Lantisia, Jason Striez (former UCC Manager) was hired.

STADIUMS BY CAPACITY

85,000 - Trafalgar Park - Port Nelson

57,545 - Varburn Stadium - Stravchine Balanvinski

59,134 - Bastiat Crescent - FC Jasque

53,785 - The Octagon - Wegason Dragons

51,565 - Herodotus Stadium - Argyres

50,122 - Red Lion Park - Bozarburg

47,153 - The Temple - Nodnol City

39,500 - Shangrila Gardens - Shasarazade

36,720 - Steward's Centre - United Commonwealth Club

32,500 - Witterbach Stadium - Lantisia

31,942 - Pennyroyal Crescent - Whitefield United

29,430 - Wein Park - Grimme Athletic

29,075 - The Puffin Barrow - AFC Posul

27,750 - The Quarry - Diamond Heights

26,081 - Estadio Azteca - San Angel

22,500 - Threadneedle Street - Grimme City

19,000 - Calamint Road - Faradafry City

18,000 - Isaac Street - Newtonia

</pre>

Season Summary

First Division Champions: Grimme Athletic

Isoeph Cup Winners: Argyres

Emperors Cup Winners: Newtonia

Second Division Winners: Grimme City

Dr Pepper League Cup Winners: Midchestnut United

Top Goalscorer: 24 – Jennison Myrie-Williams (AFC Posul)

Most Assists: 13 – Ludovico Salazar (Port Nelson)

Highest Rating: 7.53 – Guadalepe Rivera (Grimme Athletic) 28 apps

Overachievers: Stravchine Balanvinski

Underachievers: Whitefield United

Manager of the Year: Russell Slade (Grimme Athletic)

Ellisian Player of the Year: Daniel White (Nodnol City)

Player of the Year: Isaac Mason (Shasarazade)

Young Player of the Year: Chris McCann (Argyres)

Ellisian First Division Records

Around the World

English Champions: Manchester United

French Champions: FC Sochaux

German Champions: FC Bayern

Italian Champions: Juventus

Portuguese Champions: Benfica

Spanish Champions: Real Madrid

European Champions League Winners: Liverpool bt Inter Milan 2-0

UEFA Cup Winners: RC Lens bt Juventus 2-1

European Super Cup: Liverpool bt Villarreal

World Player of the Year: Christiano Ronaldo

World Footballer of the Year: Miroslav Klose (FC Bayern)

European Footballer of the Year: Silva (Liverpool)

Ellisian Statistics

Ellisia World Ranking: 72nd (down 17)

European Co-efficient: 43rd (+3)

Champions League Places: 1

UEFA Cup Places: 2

Intertoto Cup Places: 1

Birth of a New Nation

Club Overview for Season 2009/2010

AFC Posul

Can they build on their first season in the First Division and establish themselves as a permanent fixture in the top league or will they experience second season blues and go back down to the Second Division? The media thinks they’ll finish 13th and stay in the First Division.

Argyres Myrmidons

Media Prediction: 3rd

A fantastic season last term, can Argyres build on their 3rd place finish to push on and put in a real challenge for the title? How will they do in Europe? Some star players have left, will they be able to qualify for the UEFA Cup through the Intertoto? My guess is no. Predicted to be 3rd

Bozarburg

Media Prediction: 9th

They’ve come straight back up, condemning United Commonwealth Club to Second Division football in the process. They will now be looking to consolidate and the media reckons that they won’t be struggling to avoid relegation.

Diamond Heights

Media Prediction: 16th

Diamond Heights continue to be the plucky underdogs as they defied media predictions of being destined for the drop and even surpassed last year’s performance by coming in 11th. They are once again predicted to come 16th, will they defy the critics again?

Faradafry

Media Prediction: 15th

Faradafry City were predicted to come 13th and came 14th, if they finish below their prediction this year they will be relegated. Their two stars, Gail Wynand and Colin Wash are wanted by bigger teams, and their young star defender, Walter Mildmay, is leaving for Crystal Palace. If the two stars leave and they do not replace them with quality during the transfer window, they will go down.

FC Jasque

Media Prediction: 4th

The followed their Championship winning season by finishing in sixth place in the league. They came very close to reaching the Group Stage of the Champions League and if manager Jack McDonald makes wise moves in the transfer market, they’ll be challenging for the title.

Grimme Athletic

Media Prediction: 2nd

Grimme Athletic were the biggest overachievers in Ellisian football in 2007/08 as having been predicted to be struggling near the bottom they secured a place in the Intertoto Cup through a 4th position thanks to a great end of season run. The followed that up by overachieving again and winning the title. It remains to be seen if they will be able to progress in the Champions League, I think they’ll struggle and not even make the Third Qualifying Round.

Grimme City

Media Prediction: 12th

It was a very successful season for the city of Grimme as not only did Athletic win the First Division, but also City won the Second Division. The first time that has ever happened in Ellisian football. The media are predicting that they will be able to survive in the top division, I think they’ll struggle to avoid relegation.

Lantisia City

Media Prediction: 5th

Lantisia finished level on points with FC Jasque once again, and again finished below them on goal difference, this time by a single goal. However it didn’t mean nearly as much as Lantisia came 7th and FC Jasque 6th. The media prediction may be a bit kind for them but they’ll be just off the top four that’s for sure.

Newtonia

Media Prediction: 14th

They just about avoided relegation this season, despite winning the Emperors Cup which qualifies them for the UEFA Cup. I don’t think they’ll be so lucky this year, they will struggle and won’t progress very far in the UEFA Cup either.

Nodnol City

Media Prediction: 10th

Nodnol have finished 9th two seasons in a row, will they make it 3? Will they live up to their potential as THE big club in Nodnol or will the facilities that the Temple has to offer go to waste as they fail to move into the top six teams in the country.

Port Nelson Admirals FC

Media Prediction: 1st

The Port Nelson Admirals were every person’s tip for the title in the first season, and after that disappointment, they were heavily predicted to do better in the second seasion. This prediction, unlike the first, was accurate as Port Nelson almost took Grimme Athletic to the wire had just one result gone their way before the last day of the season. Look for them to be strong contenders this year.

San Angel Club Eagles

Media Prediction: 11th

11th is not out of the question for San Angel and as they came 10th this season it seems a realistic and prudent prediction.

Shasarazade FC

Media Prediction: 7th

Every neutral’s favourite team, the Slicing Hammers attack came good this year as they amassed a league high 64 goals to provide the fans at Shangrila Gardens some great entertainment. A strong 5th position is seen by many to be overachievement and could see them fail to maintain that next season.

Stravchine Balanvinski

Media Prediction: 6th

Balanvinski finished way higher than their media prediction before the season and the strong 5th place showing has seen expectations rise to a top six finish again this season.

Wegason Dragons

Media Prediction: 8th

Eighth again for the Dragons as they matched last seasons performance, they will surely be looking to build on this as push up the table but its unlikely that they will.

NOTABLE SECOND DIVISION CLUBS

United Commonwealth Club

Media Prediction: 2nd

They followed up a good fifth place by getting themselves relegated! Not something to be tolerated at one of the nation’s bigger clubs, expect them to bounce back immediately. Anything less than coming real close to coming back next season must be viewed as failure.

Whitefield United

Media Prediction: 1st

Unbelievably followed up last year’s third by finishing rock bottom, comfortably. They must look to bounce straight back up, expect them to dominate the Second Division.

Originally posted by nick...:

'Mon the Dragons.

lets go for 7th this year, easy...

Our ground, it has eight corners,

Eight corners has our ground,

Cos if it had four corners,

It would not be our ground

Perhaps that's why me Dragons like finishing eight, any other number's just alien to them! icon_biggrin.gif

BIRTH OF A NEW NATION

Season 2009/2010

Transfer Market

The summer of 2009 saw the trend of top Ellisian players leaving for Championship to lower Premiership clubs continue. There was a lot of inter-club movement in the Ellisian First Division but the top youngsters were continuing to leave. Adrian Davy, FC Jasque’s leading goalscorer with 31 goals in 50 league appearances left in a £325k deal for Preston North End, a team that finished 16th in the season just passed…. in the Premiership. FC Jasque replaced Davy by signing Lantisia’s Patrick Rossa for £1.7m, which was the biggest move of the summer by value.

European Competitions

In the First Qualifying Round of the Champions League the EFD Champions, Grimme Athletic, faced Zaglebie Lubin of Poland. The first leg was drawn 1-1, with Grimme Athletic nabbing a draw in the dying minutes of injury time after an early goal for the Polish side. The return leg saw Grimme lose 1-0 away from home to a goal twenty minutes from time. Just like that, in two games, the Ellisian challenge in the Champions League was ended. The Austrians had put in the worst performance of an Ellisian side in the new First Division.

The Port Nelson Admirals were playing their first European game against Budapest Honved FC from Hungary. They travelled to Budapest and walked away with a goalless draw. Two weeks later and Port Nelson were entertaining Honved at Trafalgar Park. The stadium was oddly only just over half full and within the half hour mark the Admirals were 2-0 up thanks to Quentin Daniels and Aeles Walkers. Honved then pulled one back, Walkers added another with twenty minutes to go. Honved scored a second with ten minutes to go, but it wasn’t enough and Port Nelson were through to the Second Qualifying Round of the UEFA Cup.

They were drawn against Motherwell, thanks to Quentin Daniels, they beat Motherwell 2-0 at home, they then secured a 1-1 draw, again thanks to Daniels to advance to the First Round proper of the UEFA Cup. The draw took place and it was confirmed that Port Nelson would face…. FC Barcelona.

The Admirals travelled to the Nou Camp for the biggest game of their careers, and in the history of the club. A full strength Barcelona side could only manage a single goal against the Admirals which set up Port Nelson for a thrilling return leg at Trafalgar Park. A crowd just 70 short of the record attendance filled Trafalgar Park as 84,918 fans packed into the stadium. Barcelona named another full strength side with Leighton Baines, Puyol, Xavi, Deco, Eto’o, Henry and Messi all starting. Barcelona had most of the match but Port Nelson put up one hell of a fight and came close to scoring a couple of times, but ultimately, the match finished 0-0 and the Admirals had gone out to FC Barcelona by a single goal, a worthy feat.

Newtonia, Emperors Cup Winners last season drew Maccabi Tel Aviv in the first qualifying round of the UEFA Cup, they beat them 2-1 at home in front of a full house and travelled to Israel brimming with confidence, where they promptly lost 1-0 and went out on away goals, the black death of Ellisian teams in Europe. Better things were expected of Argyres in the Intertoto Cup but lost 2-1 and 3-1 to Banska Bystrica of Slovakia in the first round, a very disappointing result.

Isoeph Cup

The teams that advanced through the group stages this season were: Argyres, Faradafry, Lantisia, Bozarburg, AFC Posul, Shasarazade, Newtonia, and Port Nelson.

The quarter finals saw Lantisia beat Farafafry while AFC Posul beat Shasarazade in a 5 goal thriller. Bozarburg beat Argyres 4-2 at Red Lion Park while Newtonia managed a 1-0 victory over the Port Nelson Admirals.

Newtonia versus AFC Posul was goalless after 90 minutes, but when extra time finished, Newtonia had won 3-0. Lantisia on the other hand beat Bozarburg 2-1 in normal time.

The final saw Lantisia face Newtonia, Lantisia were 2-0 up at half-time but it was Newtonia who came out ready in the second half as they pulled two goals back thanks to a Malcom Christie penalty and a goal from Dean Marney. The fightback was spirited but a 89th minute goal from Graeme Dorrans gave the Isoeph Cup to Lantisia. Would it be a sign of a return to form for the former champions?

Emperors Cup

The quarter finals of the Emperors Cup saw Port Nelson beat Midchestnut United 2-0 while FC Jasque despatched of Spark Rovers 3-1. Extra time was needed for Argyres to beat Bozarburg 3-2 and penalties were needed for Nodnol City to over Diamond Heights after a thrilling 2-2 draw.

The semi-finals were next and Nodnol City were absolutely crushed at the hands of a rampant Argyres side that put 4 goals past the helpless Royals. Port Nelson put 4 of their own past FC Jasque who could only manage 1 goal in reply.

The final, a game between Argyres and Port Nelson, two of the biggest clubs in Ellisia, was spoiled by the sending off of Tony Stevenson of Argyres in the 18th minute for a hacking of Quentin Daniels, the Myrmidons thought it was harsh and protested furiously, to no avail. Port Nelson took the lead shortly afterwards and Argyres pulled one back within five minutes but Port Nelson made the extra man count and scored two more goals to secure a 3-1 victory and win the Emperors Cup.

The Ellisian National team

The Ellisian national team started off the season brilliantly, they spanked Belgium 4-0 at home thanks to a double from Adrian Davy before battling to a goalless draw in Portugal. They then beat Armenia 3-0 away from home before losing 3-0 to Turkey at home. A month later and they beat Bosnia 2-1.

Revenge was sweet for the Belgium side as they proceeded to whip Ellisia themselves, winning 4-0 at home. Despite this, Ellisia finished 3rd in their World Cup Qualifying Group, ahead of Bosnia and Belgium by a single point. Turkey qualified with ten wins out of ten and without conceding a goal.

In home nation news, Scotland finished third in their group, behind Holland and Sweden. Wales finished second in their group, behind the Czech Republic but ahead of Russia and Slovakia. This qualified them, thanks to their record, for a play-off against another second placed team for a spot at the World Cup. They lost to Sweden by 4 goals to 0. Ireland finished second in their group behind France but lost 4-0 to Croatia in the playoff. England qualified with 8 straight wins and without conceding a goal, how unrealistic.

Ellisian First Division

As the season progressed and reached the end of the year 2009, the league looked very open and seemed to be a six horse race between Nodnol City, FC Jasque, Bozarburg, Argyres, Balanvinski, and Port Nelson. The last two were three points back of 3rd and 4th but had lost less games thus far in the season than top of the table Nodnol. In 7th place and 8 points behind the leaders were last years champions, Grimme Athletic, they were also the highest team with a negative goal difference.

The table on the 31st of December 2009 looked like this:

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Nodnol City | | 16 | 10 | 2 | 4 | 30 | 14 | +16 | 32 |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | FC Jasque | | 15 | 10 | 2 | 3 | 31 | 16 | +15 | 32 |

| 3rd | | Bozarburg | | 16 | 9 | 4 | 3 | 35 | 21 | +14 | 31 |

| 4th | | Argyres | | 15 | 9 | 4 | 2 | 26 | 16 | +10 | 31 |

| 5th | | Stravchine Balanvinski | | 15 | 8 | 4 | 3 | 31 | 20 | +11 | 28 |

| 6th | | Port Nelson | | 16 | 7 | 7 | 2 | 27 | 18 | +9 | 28 |

| 7th | | Grimme Athletic | | 15 | 7 | 3 | 5 | 19 | 21 | -2 | 24 |

| 8th | | Wegason | | 15 | 6 | 2 | 7 | 23 | 20 | +3 | 20 |

| 9th | | Shasarazade | | 15 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 24 | 28 | -4 | 20 |

| 10th | | Diamond Heights | | 15 | 5 | 3 | 7 | 18 | 16 | +2 | 18 |

| 11th | | AFC Posul | | 15 | 5 | 3 | 7 | 16 | 17 | -1 | 18 |

| 12th | | Lantisia | | 15 | 4 | 4 | 7 | 14 | 13 | +1 | 16 |

| 13th | | San Angel | | 15 | 4 | 3 | 8 | 18 | 30 | -12 | 15 |

| 14th | | Faradafry City | | 15 | 2 | 5 | 8 | 11 | 24 | -13 | 11 |

| 15th | | Newtonia | | 16 | 1 | 4 | 11 | 16 | 38 | -22 | 7 |

| 16th | | Grimme City | | 15 | 2 | 1 | 12 | 21 | 48 | -27 | 7 |

</pre>

As the season progressed FC Jasque pulled away to such an extent that they were 7 points clear of second placed Balanvinski who were on 46 points and third placed Port Nelson who were on 44. If Balanvinski could win all of their remaining games they’d put real pressure on FC Jasque, especially if Jasque slipped up along the way and dropped points.

FC Jasque won their first of their last five 3-1 against Shasarazade but then faced a crunch game against Port Nelson who would be tough opposition, especially as they had to face them a week later in the Emperors Cup semi-final. With Balanvinski having won 1-0 against Newtonia and then beating Grimme City 3-1, FC Jasque needed a result against the Admirals but could only draw 1-1. The gap between the two sides was now five points. Balanvinski now had a big test of their own, against the Admirals.

Balanvinski came through it, beating them 2-1 while FC Jasque beat Faradafry 2-0. The gap was five points with two games to go, almost impossible for Balanvinski to overcome. When news came through that FC Jasque were 4-1 down at half-time to Grimme Athletic the atmosphere at Varburn Stadium was electric, but as the second half progressed word came round that Jasque were pulling goals back, while in the meantime, Balanvinski, having taken the lead had seen Lantisia equalise. As the final minutes approached, Balanvinski desperately searched for a winner but FC Jasque had brought the game back to 4-4 at Wein Park.

Alas, it was not to be for Balanvinski as FC Jasque secured their draw while Balanvinski could only draw themselves. The title was going back to Bastiat Crescent.

The final game of the season was really important for the teams just behind the frontrunners, as Port Nelson and Nodnol City, bitter rivals, were level on 49 points going into the last game, while Argyres were sitting on 47 in fifth place. As the games progressed Argyres took a one goal lead against AFC Posul while Port Nelson were 1-0 down to Shasarazade and Nodnol were losing to Grimme Athletic. If results stayed as they were, Argyres would leapfrog both of them and go into third.

They didn’t. Port Nelson grabbed one back against Shasarazade, which wasn’t too bad as Argyres would be playing European football no matter if Grimme Athletic held on against Nodnol, whether it would be Intertoto or UEFA Cup would be determined by the result of the Emperors Cup final between Port Nelson and Argyres.

However, with two minutes to go in all the games, having in the meantime taken a 3 goal lead against AFC Posul, disaster struck Argyres as news filtered through that a goal had gone in at both games. Nodnol had equalised, and Port Nelson had scored a winner. Suddenly, Argyres, thanks to inferior goal difference would be finishing fifth.

This meant two things, Nodnol wanted Port Nelson, their bitter rivals, to win against Argyres in the Emperors Cup or they wouldn’t be playing in the Intertoto, and Argyres needed to win the Cup to get European football, unfortunately for them, they lost 3-1 in the final.

The table looked like this:

| 1st | ECC | FC Jasque | | 30 | 18 | 8 | 4 | 58 | 32 | +26 | 62 |

| 2nd | EC | Stravchine Balanvinski | | 30 | 16 | 9 | 5 | 52 | 32 | +20 | 57 |

| 3rd | EC | Port Nelson | | 30 | 13 | 13 | 4 | 47 | 28 | +19 | 52 |

| 4th | EV | Nodnol City | | 30 | 14 | 8 | 8 | 47 | 29 | +18 | 50 |

| 5th | | Argyres | | 30 | 13 | 11 | 6 | 40 | 27 | +13 | 50 |

| 6th | | Bozarburg | | 30 | 13 | 8 | 9 | 52 | 37 | +15 | 47 |

| 7th | | Shasarazade | | 30 | 13 | 7 | 10 | 43 | 46 | -3 | 46 |

| 8th | | Lantisia | | 30 | 11 | 7 | 12 | 36 | 34 | +2 | 40 |

| 9th | | Diamond Heights | | 30 | 10 | 8 | 12 | 39 | 38 | +1 | 38 |

| 10th | | AFC Posul | | 30 | 10 | 5 | 15 | 36 | 42 | -6 | 35 |

| 11th | | Grimme Athletic | | 30 | 8 | 10 | 12 | 36 | 47 | -11 | 34 |

| 12th | | Wegason | | 30 | 9 | 6 | 15 | 37 | 46 | -9 | 33 |

| 13th | | Faradafry City | | 30 | 8 | 8 | 14 | 25 | 39 | -14 | 32 |

| 14th | | San Angel | | 30 | 8 | 7 | 15 | 40 | 56 | -16 | 31 |

| 15th | ?? | Grimme City | | 30 | 7 | 6 | 17 | 42 | 73 | -31 | 27 |

| 16th | R | Newtonia | | 30 | 6 | 5 | 19 | 35 | 59 | -24 | 23 |

</pre>

Newtonia were comfortably relegated, while Grimme City were condemned to the relegation play-off before the final game of the season. A win however in their last game kept them clear of bottom, where they’d have finished had they lost and Newtonia won. What was the result of their play-off game, and who was it against? See below.

Ellisian Second Division

We know that Whitefield and UCC will be challenging but who else in the Second Division might be trying to advance up the league system and play First Division football next season? Well, there was a third team challenging the other two.

With five games to go, Rayleigh were top on 31 points, Whitefield were second on 30 points, and UCC were third on 29 points. They were clear of Old Castle Swifts in 4th by four points. Things started badly for UCC when they lost the next game to Rayleigh 2-0 at Fairview Park. They rebounded with a 4-0 mauling of Hendon but with Rayleigh and Whitefield securing 4 points from their first two games, they’d slipped back a point on each.

All three teams drew their next games so the results of the last two games would be decisive. Whitefield beat Malastaire Rovers 3-0, Rayleigh beat Linfield 3-0, but United Commonwealth Club lost to Midchestnut United 2-1 away from home after taking the lead. This meant UCC could not achieve a top two spot and were going to play another season of Second Division football.

In the meantime, a tantalising prospect awaited Ellisian football as the last game of the season saw top of the table Rayleigh, face second in the table Whitefield United. Rayleigh had 39 points, Whitefield 38. A draw or a win would see the club from the small town of Rayleigh with only a 6,000 seater stadium playing First Division football next season.

The game was being played at Fairview Park but that didn’t help the Oranges as Whitefield won 2-0 thanks to two first half goals, Whitefield had secured promotion straight back to the EFD and Rayleigh would go into the play-off against Grimme City with the prize of First Division football beckoning for the winner.

Unfortunately for Oranges fans, and lovers of small teams from small towns, Grimme City beat Rayleigh 3-1 away from home before losing 1-0 at home, thereby winning on aggregate and securing a place in the First Division next season.

| 1st | C | Whitefield United | | 22 | 11 | 8 | 3 | 33 | 21 | +12 | 41 |

| 2nd | | Rayleigh | | 22 | 11 | 6 | 5 | 35 | 28 | +7 | 39 |

| 3rd | | United Commonwealth Club | | 22 | 10 | 6 | 6 | 34 | 24 | +10 | 36 |

| 4th | | Old Castle Swifts | | 22 | 11 | 3 | 8 | 29 | 22 | +7 | 36 |

| 5th | | Estaag United | | 22 | 8 | 8 | 6 | 32 | 28 | +4 | 32 |

| 6th | | Midchestnut United | | 22 | 9 | 5 | 8 | 30 | 27 | +3 | 32 |

| 7th | | Spark Rovers | | 22 | 8 | 6 | 8 | 30 | 33 | -3 | 30 |

| 8th | | Malastaire Rovers | | 22 | 8 | 3 | 11 | 29 | 33 | -4 | 27 |

| 9th | | Adelphia Spartans | | 22 | 6 | 7 | 9 | 29 | 30 | -1 | 25 |

| 10th | | Windsor Castle | | 22 | 6 | 6 | 10 | 30 | 36 | -6 | 24 |

| 11th | R | Linfield | | 22 | 7 | 2 | 13 | 25 | 36 | -11 | 23 |

| 12th | R | Hendon | | 22 | 5 | 4 | 13 | 26 | 44 | -18 | 19 |

</pre>

Originally posted by NeoAC:

icon13.gif Lantisia finishes 8th, but at least we picked up some hardware! Woo! Party on the streets tonight!

Yep, an Isoeph Cup victory is a great achievement considering its entirely First Division sides competing. Unfortunately, there is no European place for winning it.

Originally posted by James.Clench:

What are the regens like?

Do they have Irish names, are they any good?

Regens, Regens, Regens

Using the Miniscout software I have had a look at all those players with potential abilities greater than 160 and are regens, the following regens are on the books of Ellisian clubs:

Roy Young, Striker, CA:90 PA:176, Bozarburg

David McLachlan, Defensive Midfielder, CA:78 PA:175, Nodnol City

Colin Hill, Striker, CA:85 PA:166, Diamond Heights

That's it I'm afraid for regens from Ellisia thus far, a disappointing total, with not one over the superstar potential of 180+.

Hi,

I think i've found a way to can overcome the problem of your league teams been shown as from the nation of N. Ireland.

I created my own nation of Atlantica by Editing Yuogoslavia's details. Then I changed Cardiff city's details so that they are from the nation of Atlantica and changed There stadium's details (Ninnian Park) so now its in the capital city of Atlantica

Cardiff City Info Screen

Another Advantage is that the Regens from Cardiff City are now listed as having come from the country of Atlantica, this is Cardiff City's Squad page I free transfered all 4 of the keepers and the Regens are from Atlantica, I even gave one of them a contract!

hope this helps

icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Wegason:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatski:

Taken a liking to any teams Wegason, I think I'm a Lantisia boy myself...

The Dragons are named after me, they're my team. Though I do like FC Jasque, Argyres, and Shasarazade. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Grimme Athletic have won me over icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by matty_8:

How long do the seasons last you? As in when your in game

To simulate? I have the First Division and the European competitions on full details so it takes usually about two hours to simulate, that's a guess, I don't really keep track much and simulate in phases. No more than three hours I think.

Hi,

I think i've found a way to can overcome the problem of your league teams been shown as from the nation of N. Ireland.

I created my own nation of Atlantica by Editing Yuogoslavia's details. Then I changed Cardiff city's details so that they are from the nation of Atlantica and changed There stadium's details (Ninnian Park) so now its in the capital city of Atlantica

Cardiff City Info Screen

Another Advantage is that the Regens from Cardiff City are now listed as having come from the country of Atlantica, this is Cardiff City's Squad page I free transfered all 4 of the keepers and the Regens are from Atlantica, I even gave one of them a contract!

hope this helps

icon_smile.gif

Thanks for taking the time to really read my experiment and also to think of a way to overcome the game and actually do it. However, I think there might be a few problems:

Does your new country show up as a selectable league? Or is it just Cardiff are in that country?

If you were to put teams in the Yugoslav leagues and gave the country a reputation etc would they work?

My concern is that moving all the teams into Yugoslavia or wherever will mean they are unplayable as it is a dead nation and the league is unplayable.

Thanks again though.

My new country does not show up as a playable league you still have to select N. Ireland as the league (in your case)

you see for example what you could do is keep all your teams in the N. Ireland leagues, but just change their stadium location to a city in your new country, and change the nation of the teams to that new nation

Here's what i did.

1. delete all the clubs, Stadium's(except the nation stadium) and competition History from N. Ireland. ( I actually deleted all the cities as well from N.I. but you don't have to do this)

2 Changed Yuogoslavia's details to Atlantica.

3 Deleted all the leagues that used to be played in Yuogoslavia, and changed the history of the competitions that yuogoslavia won or came second in. i.e. the Euro U21 Championship + some others

4 Created many new cities, clubs and Stadiums and put them all in the nation of Atlantica. inc national stadium

placed all the new Atlantican teams to playing in the 3 N. Irish leagues.

Now you can select N. Ireland as the league to run and all the teams in the leagues will be from "the new nation" and all the clubs regens will be from "the new nation" too, after several season they'll be enough regens to manager the national side!

My new country does not show up as a playable league you still have to select N. Ireland as the league (in your case)

you see for example what you could do is keep all your teams in the N. Ireland leagues, but just change their stadium location to a city in your new country, and change the nation of the teams to that new nation

Here's what i did.

1. delete all the clubs, Stadium's(except the nation stadium) and competition History from N. Ireland. ( I actually deleted all the cities as well from N.I. but you don't have to do this)

2 Changed Yuogoslavia's details to Atlantica.

3 Deleted all the leagues that used to be played in Yuogoslavia, and changed the history of the competitions that yuogoslavia won or came second in. i.e. the Euro U21 Championship + some others

4 Created many new cities, clubs and Stadiums and put them all in the nation of Atlantica. inc national stadium

placed all the new Atlantican teams to playing in the 3 N. Irish leagues.

Now you can select N. Ireland as the league to run and all the teams in the leagues will be from "the new nation" and all the clubs regens will be from "the new nation" too, after several season they'll be enough regens to manager the national side!

Very good! I might try this out at some stage (saving and backing up my database beforehand). I don't think I'll be deleting all the clubs etc, just might move them all into Ireland.

I've encountered a problem if you create a nation from a previously extinct one (such as yuogoslavia or czechoslovakia) and then put them in europe, the game crashes on the 13th of june 2008. something to do with euro seeding, anyway you can get around this if you change one of the names of the rubbish nations such as Luxembourg to the name of "the new nation" and then continue to put the clubs, cities and stadiums in this "new country" like before. I dont think anyone will miss Luxembourg anyway, they only have 500,000 people there anyway!

I think just keeping it the way I have it isn't too much of a problem to be honest, you can get over the fact that the nation is called Northern Ireland and just ignore it and think of it as Ellisia, i've changed the flags anyway.

Good work though.

Did your new nation compete in any international games?

BIRTH OF A NEW NATION

Manager Movements

Before the Season

The assistant manager of FC Jasque, Stevie Kane, leaves FC Jasque to take over the reins at Malastaire Rovers.

William McFaul takes over at Adelphia Spartans

Bruce Rioch hired as manager of Portadown

Roy Coyle resigns as manager of Rayleigh, Keld Bordinggaard takes over.

Jim Harvey takes over Spark Rovers

Midseason Changes

There were no midseason casualties, which was quite surprising seeing as Whitefield, who finished third last year, tanked this year.

End of Season Changes

Tommy Cassidy takes over at Bainbridge Forest

No managerial changes in the First Division at all.

In recent years, both Adelphia Spartans, and Bainbridge Forest, have been taken over by supporters trusts.

STADIUMS IN ELLISIA, BY CAPACITY

85,000 - Trafalgar Park - Port Nelson

59,134 - Bastiat Crescent - FC Jasque

57,545 - Varburn Stadium - Stravchine Balanvinski

53,785 - The Octagon - Wegason Dragons

51,565 - Herodotus Stadium - Argyres

50,122 - Red Lion Park - Bozarburg

48,960 - Steward's Centre - United Commonwealth Club

47,153 - The Temple - Nodnol City

39,500 - Shangrila Gardens - Shasarazade

32,500 - Witterbach Stadium - Lantisia

31,942 - Pennyroyal Crescent - Whitefield United

29,664 - The Puffin Barrow - AFC Posul

29,430 - Wein Park - Grimme Athletic

27,750 - The Quarry - Diamond Heights

26,081 - Estadio Azteca - San Angel

22,500 - Threadneedle Street - Grimme City

19,000 - Calamint Road - Faradafry City

18,000 - Isaac Street - Newtonia </pre>

Season Summary

First Division Champions: FC Jasque

Isoeph Cup Winners: Lantisia

Emperors Cup Winners: Port Nelson

Second Division Winners: Whitefield United

Dr Pepper League Cup Winners: United Commonwealth Club

Top Goalscorer: 20 – Eeamonn Zayed (San Angel)

Most Assists: 13 – Nicky Law (Bozarburg)

Highest Rating: 7.43 – Peter Tsanakas (Argyres) (28 apps)

Overachievers: Nodnol City

Underachievers: Grimme Athletic

Manager of the Year: Jack McDonald (FC Jasque)

Ellisian Player of the Year: Gavin Swankle (Grimme City)

Player of the Year: Michael Hayek (FC Jasque)

Young Player of the Year: Guadalupe Rivera (Grimme Athletic)

Ellisian First Division Records

Ellisian Clubs Value

Richest Clubs in World

Around the World

English Champions: Arsenal

French Champions: Oympique Lyonnais

German Champions: FC Bayern

Italian Champions: Juventus

Portuguese Champions: Benfica

Spanish Champions: Valencia

European Champions League Winners: FC Bayern

UEFA Cup Winners: Fiorentina

European Super Cup: Liverpool

World Player of the Year: Silva (Liverpool)

World Footballer of the Year: Robinho (Real Madrid)

European Footballer of the Year: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter Milan)

Ellisian Statistics

Ellisia World Ranking: 55th (up 17)

European Co-efficient: 38th (up 5)

Champions League Places: 1

UEFA Cup Places: 2

Intertoto Cup Places: 1

Archived