AI Experiment - Birth of a New Nation

Originally posted by Meitheisman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Meitheisman:

Nice work, this is truly a great thread, I came here because of Kipfizh's recommendation and I don't regret a second of it, although you made me stay up way late and I have a somewhat important meeting tomorrow.

As a side note I'm a FC Jasque fan since I read Lyon's their parent club. Could you please tell me what player Lyon sent to FC Jasque and how they did?

Any news on that by any chance please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because I kept you waiting so long, I'll give you a complete run down of the players and what happened.

Season 07/08

FC Jasque took AMR/FC Loic Remy on loan for the season, he played in 14 league games, scoring 7 goals. He scored a goal in his solitary cup game, and scored 4 goals in eight continental appearances, including an assist, a MoM and a sending off.

In his season at FC Jasque he played 23 games, scored 12 goals, created 3 and won 3 MoM awards for a 7.22 average rating.

After his FC Jasque season, Remy went back to Lyon before moving to Monaco at the end of the 10/11 season where he has been a bit player.

Season 08/09

FC Jasque acquired Stephane Monsanto, Loic Abenzoar, and Johan Hartock

Monsanto was a key player for FC Jasque, he played 32 games overall (plus 11 substitute appearances), scored 13 goals, 2 assists and 3 MoM awards. Average rating 6.72. He was particularly deadly in the cup, 8 starts, 6 goals. He would return to FC Jasque next season.

Abenzoar played 25 (12) games for FC Jasque, and won 2 MoM awards. He was solid with an average rating of 6.76. He would return for the next two seasons.

Hartock played 19 games in goal for FC Jasque, 10 in the league, and conceded 28 goals overall, 1 clean sheet and 1 MoM gave him a 6.84 overall rating. After FC Jasque he was let go by Lyon, joining FC Lorient, where he stayed for 4 seasons before transferring to AC Ajaccio.

Season 09/10

Just Monsanto and Abenzoar this season.

Abenzoar played 24 games, scored 1 goal and had an average rating of 6.92.

Monsanto started 0 league games, but amazingly came on as a substitute 18 times. He scored 3 league goals, creating three more. Avg rating 6.72.

He played in 5 (4) cup games, scoring 4 goals, creating 2 and winning 2 MoM awards, avg rating 7.22.

Overall season was: 5 (22) games played, 7 goals, 5 assists, 2 MoM, 6.89 av rating.

After FC Jasque he went back to Lyon, hardly featuring for two seasons before moving to AS Nancy-Lorraine where he hasn't played a game in the two seasons he's been there.

Season 10/11

Abenzoar returned in defence, where he was a key component in FC Jasque's season. He started 47 games overall, coming on as a sub 3 times. He won just one MoM and had an average rating of 6.94. His total was made up of 23 league appearances, 13 cup games and 11 continental games.

No more players came on loan after this point as the affiliation was severed in the 10/11 season at the latest.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, an update on progress...

The Season for 2013/14 has been run, in addition to this, I've downloaded genie scout and used it to analyse team reputations after each season, for comparison to actual results. I will be doing this comparison and analysis, season by season, in the future, as well as releasing the 2013/14 update.

After this however, I haven't decided whether to start again with an updated database which is bigger and better and which I'd be able to analyse in more detail season by season. The database I use in my challenge

....or to continue this one but in less detailed form, with quicker season by season updates concentrating almost exclusively on the First Division and the European scene.

I'm leaning towards starting again as it would allow more analysis and progression towards the future, and with the increased league reps in the updated database, should see results come up sooner, but also be more interesting.

Does anyone who is following have any thoughts on this, ideas for improvement, and things they'd like to see?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For those that followed this, I am pleased to announce that this Experiment has been honoured by the CSE Forum Awards with THREE NOMINATIONS!

This has been nominated for:

Best AI Experiment

Best Idea for an Experiment

Most important experiment findings

To vote for this experiment, please go to this thread

Archived