The fmx-factor 2!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KUTGW Gcb:thup:, however I am dissapointed by the lack of wenger;)

It's funny you mentioned Arsene. We got this interview with him:

Well I am at Arsenal and I feel that the boys are giving me everything. I feel motivated to stay here, I feel we are capable of challenging. I feel Arshavin really wants to be here, I feel. I feel I need to stay. I feel myself sometimes. I feel that I feel nice. I feel.

So no, I feel I need to reject the chance to be in the FMX-Factor 2! I feel it should be good I feel.

I wanted to develop the FMX-Factor this time and use a more story based approach at times rather than simply giving facts, facts and more statistics. I'm glad that people enjoyed the interviews. I'm going to try and get the managers more involved in this way. And I definitely needed a break from the database as it was getting on my nerves. 27 out of 40 done!

Hoping to receive more player introductions over the weekend. I already have five and could do with more by the end of the weekend if possible. Then I can really start this over the coming week.

The Auditions predictions will be needed soon as well. Keep checking on here.

Boot Camp should be fun. I'm amazed that the return of the Yorkshire and Humberside Cup has not got you all salivating at the mouth! Maybe you're all too excited to write about it without having a bathroom emergency?!

Warnock to Wednesday? Fergie to Leeds? Robson back to the Blades? Mourinho to Hull? Or Scunthorpe? Or Hudders? All possible!

FMX-Factor2.gif

Welcome to the FMX-Factor 2!

Sponsored By: Dairy Lea Dunkers!

FMX-FACTOR 2 AUDITIONS

OK, it's time for the auditions for the FMX-Factor 2. In the auditions, you need to PM me with the following information about your predictions for different divisions winners/promotions/relegations when I play a season on FM09. I will be playing on Patch 3.

PM me with your predictions of the following:

Premiership Winner:

Other Champions League Qualifiers (3):

Relegated Teams (3):

Championship Winner:

Other Promoted Teams (2):

Relegated Teams (3):

League 1 Winner:

Other Promoted Teams (2):

Relegated Teams (4):

League 2 Winner:

Other Promoted Teams (3):

Relegated Teams (2):

FA Cup Winner:

League Cup Winner:

Champions League Winner:

Johnstones Paint Winner:

Remember that the FMX2 managers are: Jose Mourinho, Sir Alex Ferguson, Mark Hughes, David Moyes, Mick McCarthy, Bryan Robson, Kevin Keegan, Neil Warnock.

Preferred Manager Choice:

2nd Choice:

3rd Choice:

4th Choice:

5th Choice:

6th Choice:

7th Choice:

8th Choice:

I will see how many predictions you make that are right and give you a mark out of 30. This mark will determine who can choose their manager first. Anybody who does not fill the prediction form in and PM it to me OR PM's me a incompleted form will be ranked at 0 predictions correct.

Predictions must be completed by Monday at 7pm to be considered.

Don't forget to send me a player introduction at the same time if you haven't already done so! Cheers, Andy

Database will be done some time this morning. Am sat down with 8 players to create and a bottle of Pepsi Max and iTunes on and nothing to distract me for an hour or two. Introductions need to be with me ASAP as I want to use them later. Please PM me these by 5pm today so that I can use them / turn them into interviews with DO'D.

Predictions are needed by tomorrow evening at 7pm. If you don't do these, you will not get any choice over your manager.

The draw for the Boot Camp will take place LIVE this evening. I will come on at 6pm (GMT) to see which teams/managers you will be spending time with for the Yorkshire and Humberside Trophy.

Oh, and I'm 28 today!

FMX-Factor2.gif

BOOT CAMP: YORKSHIRE AND HUMBERSIDE TROPHY DRAW

The forty players will be heading for the eight Yorkshire/Humberside clubs involved in the competition: Hull City, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Doncaster Rovers, Barnsley, Scunthorpe United, Leeds United and Huddersfield Town. Each of these clubs will be managed by one of the eight FMX2 managers who will be randomly assigned during the draw. Please be aware that the managers are not necessarily the managers that the players will be with during the FMX-Factor 2 live shows; they are just randomly assigned one for Boot Camp.

Once the managers have been assigned to the eight teams, the draw for the Group Stages will take place. Each team will play 6 games in the group stage (3 at home, 3 away a la the Champions League) with the top two clubs qualifying for the semi finals. These teams will meet in a two-legged semi final and the winners in a two-legged final. There will be 30 games in total during Boot Camp with each club involved in a minimum of six.

The players will be randomly assigned to the eight clubs with one player from each group of players heading for each club.

Group 1: Goalkeepers and Defensive Midfielders:

Owen Le Blanc, Setven Jaa, Wobill Luman, Zac Smith, Archie Smith, Bryan Danielson, Darren Gilmartin and Gregory Peck.

Group 2: Defenders:

Ben Cee, Fred Brookes Jr, Philip Almeida, Matt Ferguson, Nicolev Cadu, Ardas Nails, Corporal Punishment and Hermann Schneider.

Group 3: Central Midfielders:

Adam Holmes, Bob McBob, Demetrio Rotondo, Geevus Canvey, Moussa N'Diaye, Mark Millward, Mitchell Williams and William Hall.

Group 4: Wingers and Strikers:

Cristiano Kyone, Cristobal Blanco, Mark Cooper, Adam Fitzpatrick, Lawrence Lazewski Jr, Tom Hamilton, Az Toscani and Joe Tomkins.

Group 5: Strikers:

Gervase Smith, Haowan Madridstas, Havo Bigabelli, Jack Browne, Liam Ferguson, Magnus Vestergaard, Robert Jones and Sirus Lannock.

The players will be ranked by their average rating throughout the tournament and awarded some rewards/bonuses to improve their player ahead of the FMX-Factor 2 live shows. There will also be special bonuses and rewards for other things, i.e. winning the competition, top goalscorer, best tackle rate, most assists, clean sheets etc ...

Remember the draws will be made live at 6pm today (Sunday 12th July) so try and be here for that!

DOH :o I must have meant CA/PA :)

Right. CA/PA is already set too. It's the same for everyone but I am planning to use FM GenieScout to keep track of CA/PA changes in FMX2 and update them in the database before each new season.

CA starts at 150 and PA starts at 200!

Should easily be enough to get you into any of the eight teams for the Y&H Cup.

Should be in a week or so. All 3 have got food poisoning from a dodgy meal :(

It's why i'm having to put off an update for my sign-up as well :(

12 hours awake (almost) and i'm feeling shattered :( Still got a french essay to write as well :(

Guest roberto922

I'll do my intro now, is it just talking about my player and how I'm gonna win the tournament etc. like you get on the X Factor? e.g...

'Hey we're Two for One (random) and we're here to win the X-Factor!'

FMX-Factor2.gif

BOOT CAMP: YORKSHIRE AND HUMBERSIDE TROPHY: INFORMATION

Welcome to the FMX-Factor 2 Live Draw for Boot Camp which this year sees the FMX-Factor participants heading for sunny Yorkshire to take part in the Yorkshire and Humberside Cup. The stakes could not be higher if we’re honest could they?

The eight teams competing are:

HULL CITY

The favourites to win the competition due to their Premiership status. They come into the competition with the star man – Geovanni – and fresh from their Play Off triumph over Bristol City, they will be eager to add more silverware to the KC Stadium cabinet. However, a poor set of players and managers could see them struggle as they are probably not that far ahead of the Championship teams involved.

KEY MAN: Geovanni – the little midfielder is a class above any other in the competition.

SHEFFIELD UNITED

The Blades come into this as a recent Premiership team relegated a year ago in controversial circumstances. They have a squad that should challenge the top of the Championship and they beat Hull City comfortably at the end of last season. Probably the biggest danger to the Tigers as long as they avoid Bryan Robson!

KEY MAN: David Cotterill – can he supply the chances from the right for United to score the goals?

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

The Owls are many people’s darkhorse to win the competition. Currently with the upper hand over their Steel City neighbours, Wednesday have a defence that should give them chance to win games and they have a very decent recent home record. They will be disappointed if they don’t make the semi finals but will want to avoid Neil Warnock who they love to hate.

KEY MAN: Lee Grant – if the keeper can keep clean sheets, Wednesday have a great chance.

BARNSLEY

The Reds were disappointing in the Championship last season but had that memorable cup run which saw them defeat Liverpool and Chelsea; proof that they can beat anybody on their day. They have lost Brian Howard to Sheffield United but will hope that their talented midfield can negate that loss.

KEY MAN: Jon Macken – Barnsley struggle for goals so Macken needs to find his shooting boots.

DONCASTER ROVERS

Promoted to the Championship with a win over Leeds in the Play Off Final last season, Rovers have the midfield to worry any team in the competition but may lack the goalscorer to challenge to win. They will dominate possession in most games but they do not score enough goals.

KEY MAN: Paul Heffernan – like Barnsley, Rovers will need goals. Can Heffernan deliver them?

LEEDS UNITED

The sleeping giant seemed to be waking up at the end of last season until Doncaster Rovers caused a relapse into the coma that has dogged them for the last five years. With their passionate support, Leeds could be a huge danger if they get on a roll and could be a good outside bet to make the final.

KEY MAN: Jermaine Beckford – He can score goals in League 1 but can he score against better opponents?

SCUNTHORPE UNITED

The Iron were relegated from the Championship after one season up there and will be looking to bounce back out of League 1 this time around. They have a proven goalscorer in Paul Hayes but can they keep out the quality in the big boys attacks?

KEY MAN: Paul Hayes – must score goals if Scunny are to get anywhere near the Semi Finals.

HUDDERSFIELD TOWN

The Terriers are a very good side on their day but seem to get into sticky spells whenever they threaten to get on a promotion charge. They could easily upset one of the bigger teams at the Galpharm Stadium but whether they will have enough firepower to reach the latter stages is debatable.

KEY MAN: Andy Booth – the veteran striker needs to score goals for Hudders’ to do well.

Each team will be managed by one of the FMX-Factor 2 managers so we will be starting with the draw of the managers and the teams first. Stay tuned!

FMX-Factor2.gif

BOOT CAMP: YORKSHIRE AND HUMBERSIDE TROPHY LIVE DRAW

Dermot: It is time for the managers to be paired up with one of the eight teams involved in the competition. Remember that the managers are only managing these clubs during the Yorkshire and Humberside Cup for Boot Camp; this is not the team they will manage in the FMX-Factor 2 Live Shows.

Former England manager Steve McLaren, a Yorkshire bloke, will be helping with the draw and adding his comments alongside Arsene Wenger, the manager of Arsenal.

Let’s get on with the manager draw!

McLaren: First team out is …. HULL CITY.

Dermot: That’s the favourites for the competition drawn out first. Will they still be favourites when we know their manager? Arsene?

Wenger: And their manager will be … NEIL WARNOCK.

Dermot: So no return to Sheffield for Neil Warnock. Is that a good draw for Hull City, Steve?

McLaren: It is, how you say, a decent draw for the City of Hull. Warnock will, how you say, bring lots of, what you say, passion to the KC.

Dermot: Shhhteve, there is no need to speak Dutch with us.

McLaren: Or’reyt lad.

Dermot: Thanks Steve. How do you feel about that then, Neil?

Warnock: I’ve got the favourites to win. I knew I was the best manager around. Are you watching Graham Poll?

Dermot: Errr … thanks Neil. On we go with the next team Steve.

McLaren: The next team is …. DONCASTER ROVERS.

Dermot: Newly promoted Donny Rovers. Who will be their manager?

Wenger: I feel it will be …. KEVIN KEEGAN.

Dermot: Astonishing. Kevin Keegan returns to his hometown to manage the Rovers. A good draw for Rovers? Arsene?

Wenger: Well, I feel that Doncaster Rovers have little chance of winning this cup. I feel that Keegan will be a little disappointed I feel.

Dermot: Is that true, Kevin?

Keegan: Well, ya know. To be fair, Doncaster Rovers are a great club. They play football the right way to be fair to them ya know? And I would love it … LOVE IT … if we could win the trophy.

Dermot: Thanks Kev. We’ll be back after this short break and we would LOVE IT if you stayed with us!

FMX-Factor2.gif

Dermot: Welcome back to the FMX-Factor 2 Live Manager draw. The eight managers are being assigned to one of the Yorkshire and Humberside clubs. So far, Neil Warnock has drawn Hull City and Kevin Keegan has drawn Doncaster Rovers. On with the next draw. Steve?

McLaren: The next team to be drawn out is …. HUDDERSFIELD TOWN.

Dermot: The Terriers. A truly great team way back before the war. Who will manage them?

Wenger: Ha ha ha ha! JOSE MOURINHO.

Dermot: The lowest ranked team in the competition draw The Special One! Steve?

McLaren: I think they sell Duffle coats in the Kingsgate centre, Jose!

Dermot: Ever heard of Huddersfield, Jose?

Mourinho: Actually, I played them in the FA Cup a few years ago at the Bridge. It’s on the confluence of the River Colne and River Holme and has a large number of mills which have recently been renovated as University buildings. It is home to Huddersfield Town and Huddersfield Giants Rugby League team. I am happy to have chance to take my special skills there and win the Trophy.

Dermot: You’ve clearly heard of Wikipedia as well Jose. Next team, Steve?

McLaren: It’s the sleeping giant that is …. SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY.

Dermot: The darkhorse to win the competition. Who will manage the Owls, Arsene?

Wenger: Oh dear. It’s Bryan Robson.

Dermot: Well, the Wednesday fans do like Captain Marvel. Arsene?

Wenger: I feel that Robson is a good manager who has been unlucky. He did an excellent job, I feel, at West Brom and Middlesbrough.

Dermot: I can hear the laughter from Bramall Lane already Bryan …

Robson: Well, you know, I didn’t have the best of times at Sheffield. I’m happy to be going back.

Dermot: To Hillsborough?

Robson: No, to Sheffield.

Dermot: OK Bryan. Next team please.

McLaren: It’s BARNSLEY.

Dermot: The Reds who made the FA Cup Semi Final last season. Their manager?

Wenger: The manager will be …. DAVID MOYES.

Dermot: The excellent young Scot will manage the boys from Oakwell. What do you think, Steve?

McLaren: I think that Barnsley have got the best draw. Moyes is an excellent young manager.

Dermot: Many will echo those thoughts, Steve. How about it, Dave?

Moyes: David! I’m happy to be heading for Oakwell. They’ve got no money to spend so we’ll have to look for some loan signings.

Dermot: Thanks, David. It’s time for another break but when we return, we’ll see where Sir Alex, Mark Hughes and Mick McCarthy will be going with Sheffield United, Scunthorpe United and Leeds United remaining. Which of the three United’s will Fergie be off to? Stay tuned.

FMX-Factor2.gif

Dermot: Welcome back to the live manager draw. Three managers and three United’s remain. Let’s get on with the draw. Next team, Steve?

McLaren: The next club will be …. My hometown club, LEEDS UNITED.

Dermot: The biggest sleeping giant of them all. Who will take on the task of managing Leeds?

Wenger: I feel that this will be important. It will be …. SIR ALEX FERGUSON.

Dermot: OH MY WORD! Alan Smith swapped Elland Road for Old Trafford and Sir Alex obviously wanted to go one better! Arsene – is he mad?

Wenger: I feel I am so excited by this news that I need to have a lay down.

Dermot: How much are we paying you?

Wenger: Too much, I feel.

Dermot: Sir Alex, why are you going to Manchester United’s big rivals?

Ferguson: I’ve been offered plenty of whisky. And I love a challenge!

Dermot: And what a challenge it is, Sir Alex. Next up, Steve?

McLaren: The penultimate team is … SHEFFIELD UNITED.

Dermot: The second favourites behind Hull. And their manager, Arsene?

Wenger: MICK McCARTHY.

Dermot: What do you make of that one Steve?

McLaren: It’s an interesting one. McCarthy proved in FMX1 that he could be a good manager.

Dermot: Mick, you’re off to Bramall Lane.

McCarthy: Bloody dee-dahs. They think they’re so much better than us Barnsley lads. I’m not sure about managing another team in red and white though … Sunderland wasn’t much fun!

Dermot: Thanks Mick. And we’re left with SCUNTHORPE UNITED and MARK HUGHES. What do you think of that one, Arsene?

Wenger: Shhh. I’m lying down to get over the excitement of Sir Alex and Leeds.

Dermot: Sorry. Mark, Scunthorpe? What do you think?

Hughes: Well, I’m not delighted. It’s hardly Eastlands with the money is it?

Dermot: But there’ll be less pressure about your job.

Hughes: Who says I’m losing my job? I’m staying at Scunthorpe whatever you’ve heard. I’m happy, the board are happy and I’m staying.

Dermot: Glad you’re happy. Well, that’s the end of the manager draw. After the break, we’ll draw the group stages of the Yorkshire and Humberside Cup. Stay tuned.

FMX-Factor2.gif

Dermot: Welcome back. A summary of the manager draw first of all.

Hull City                    Neil Warnock
Sheffield United             Mick McCarthy
Sheffield Wednesday          Bryan Robson
Barnsley                     David Moyes
Doncaster Rovers             Kevin Keegan
Leeds United                 Sir Alex Ferguson
Scunthorpe United            Mark Hughes
Huddersfield Town            Jose Mourinho

Dermot: Now it is time to draw the group stages of the Yorkshire and Humberside Cup. The teams will be split into two groups of four teams with the top two teams in the group qualifying for the Semi Finals when all games have been played. Four teams will be seeded and there will be two of these in each group. These teams will be: Hull City, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds United.

The order that the teams are drawn effects the order of the games in the group stages as well. The schedule for the games in Group A is as follows (same order for Group B):

A1 vs A3
A4 vs A2

A2 vs A1
A3 vs A4

A1 vs A4
A3 vs A2

A3 vs A1
A2 vs A4

A1 vs A2
A4 vs A3

A4 vs A1
A2 vs A3

Dermot:So, lets start with the draw!

McLaren: The first seeded team for Group A are …. HULL CITY.

Wenger: And the second seeded team in Group A is …. LEEDS UNITED.

Dermot: Hull City and Leeds United will be in Group A together so we will have a Steel City derby in Group B but which order do they come out in?

SMcLaren: The first seeded team for Group B are …. SHEFFIELD UNITED.

Wenger: Which leaves the second seeded team as …. SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY.

Dermot: And who will they be playing?

McLaren: Hull City and Leeds United will be facing …. SCUNTHORPE UNITED.

Wenger: And also …. HUDDERSFIELD TOWN.

Dermot: So Group A seems to be the West Yorkshire and Humberside group with Group B as a South Yorkshire group. Who will the Sheffield clubs be meeting?

Steve: They will meet …. DONCASTER ROVERS.

Wenger: And …. BARNSLEY.

GROUP A                       GROUP B

HULL CITY                     SHEFFIELD UNITED
LEEDS UNITED                  SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY
SCUNTHORPE UNITED             DONCASTER ROVERS
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN             BARNSLEY

Dermot: Lets have a look at the fixtures then.

GROUP A

HULL CITY vs SCUNTHORPE UNITED
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN vs LEEDS UNITED

LEEDS UNITED vs HULL CITY
SCUNTHORPE UNITED vs HUDDERSFIELD TOWN

HULL CITY vs HUDDERSFIELD TOWN
SCUNTHORPE UNITED vs LEEDS UNITED

SCUNTHORPE UNITED vs HULL CITY
LEEDS UNITED vs HUDDERSFIELD TOWN

HULL CITY vs LEEDS UNITED
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN vs SCUNTHORPE UNITED

HUDDERSFIELD TOWN vs HULL CITY
LEEDS UNITED vs SCUNTHORPE UNITED

GROUP B

SHEFFIELD UNITED vs DONCASTER ROVERS
BARNSLEY vs SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY vs SHEFFIELD UNITED
DONCASTER ROVERS vs BARNSLEY

SHEFFIELD UNITED vs BARNSLEY
DONCASTER ROVERS vs SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

DONCASTER ROVERS vs SHEFFIELD UNITED
SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY vs BARNSLEY

SHEFFIELD UNITED vs SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY
BARNSLEY vs DONCASTER ROVERS

BARNSLEY vs SHEFFIELD UNITED
SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY vs DONCASTER ROVERS

Dermot: Stay with us after the break as we find out which of the forty players will be going where!

FMX-Factor2.gif

Dermot: Welcome back! We’ve found out which managers are going where. And we’ve found out who is going to be playing who. We know that Sir Alex is heading for Leeds United. We know that Jose Mourinho knows all about Huddersfield Town. We know that Bryan Robson will lead Sheffield Wednesday into a Sheffield derby. And we know that Neil Warnock is still upset with Graham Poll. But now down to the serious business! Where are the forty FMX-Factor players going to be spending Boot Camp? Let’s start with Huddersfield Town of Group A. Please welcome back Jose Mourinho.

Mourinho: Thank you.

Dermot: Any players you’re liking the look of Jose?

Mourinho: Being Portugese, I wouldn’t mind having chance to work with Philip Almeida.

Dermot: OK, if you’d like to choose one player from each bowl to play for you at Huddersfield in Boot Camp.

Mourinho: I’ve got …. ARCHIE SMITH …. ARDAS NAILS …. DEMETRIO ROTONDO …. CRISTOBAL BLANCO …. And GERVASE SMITH

Dermot: Thank you Jose. Those five players will travel with you to take part in the Yorkshire and Humberside Cup with Huddersfield Town. We’ll see you all at Boot Camp!

Mourinho: Thank you Dermot. I’m taking them for a tour of the Kingsgate Centre where we might have a MacDonalds. See you in Boot Camp!

Dermot: Right then, next up is Kevin Keegan and Doncaster Rovers. Please welcome Kevin back.

Keegan: Thank you Dermot, I am loving the FMX-Factor 2!

Dermot: I bet you are Kevin! Anybody that you are liking the look of?

Keegan: I absolutely love attacking players that light up the football pitch: Ginola, Asprilla, Shearer, Owen and Shaun Goater! That type of player is what I watch football for. So I am hoping for chance to work with Haowan Madridstas!

Dermot: OK, lets see if you can get him!

Keegan: I would love it! I have got ….BRYAN DANIELSON …. HERMANN SCHNEIDER …. MARK MILLWARD …. TOM HAMILTON …. And HAVO BIGABELLI. He sounds more Sunday League than Copa America!

Dermot: Thanks Kevin. They are the players that you will be heading to the Keepmoat Stadium with. Any plans before Boot Camp?

Keegan: We’ll spend a day at Doncaster Racecourse tomorrow. I would love it if we could win a few bets there. Love it.

Dermot: Well, good luck with that Kevin. See you at Boot Camp. Stay tuned to see who is heading for Hillsborough and Elland Road after the break!

Archived