The fmx-factor 2!

Adaptability: 14

Ambition: 10

Controversy: 16

Determination: 14

Loyalty: 2 (how is del piero the least loyal :confused:)

Pressure: 11

Professionalism: 2

Sportmanship: 6

Temperament: 18

Quite like me IRL that (which doesn't say much about me does it :o)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible Determanation and Sportsmanship, but the rest are ok. Great stuff as usual GCB, very creative :D

Looking forward to Jr going all the way/getting knocked out in the first round (Delete as appropriate).

Didn't realise I had so much work to do. Apologies for the lack of posting. It should ease off after this weekend.

I've not had time to think about it to be honest!

fergysafc - the managers will be different this time. I am thinking of assigning the 40 players to the 20 Premier League clubs and leaving them there for the whole competition. Although the manager choice was interesting in FMX1 ... So not decided for certain yet. Maybe I will assign you a manager to go with you to a certain club.

FMX-Factor2.gif

Welcome to the FMX-Factor 2!

Sponsored By: Dairy Lea Dunkers!

LOYALTY

The question was:

Which of these footballers do you most admire?

Totti (Roma) – Harper (Newcastle) – Giggs (Man U) – Scholes (Man U) – Maldini (Milan) – Neville (Man U) – Del Piero (Juventus)

Back to football.

If you most admire Paolo Maldini, there is a list that proclaims him the most loyal footballer in Europe so you score 20 for your loyalty attribute.

Out of the seven, Allessandro Del Piero is the least loyal of them all – though still pretty loyal IRL – and would only score you 2 for loyalty.

The rest are as follows:

Maldini = 20; Giggs = 17; Totti = 14; Neville = 11; Scholes = 8; Harper = 5; Del Piero = 2.

You couldnt have chosen a group of more loyal players if you tried! Lol. No extremed whatsoever in that group. Has any of them played for more than one club?

You couldnt have chosen a group of more loyal players if you tried! Lol. No extremed whatsoever in that group. Has any of them played for more than one club?
Out of the seven, Allessandro Del Piero is the least loyal of them all – though still pretty loyal IRL

:thup: .

I didn't try - they're the official seven most loyal players in Europe.

If I'd had Marcus Bent on there, you'd have guessed what I was doing immediately. So I went for the lowest loyalty meaning the Del Piero choosers ...

Be patient ffs, some people have lives other than on here and being a teacher he may have more work this time of year.

Cheers mate. I didn't want to tell him again.

Funnily enough, I've spent most of the afternoon on creating a database. It's NOT a 10-minute job for forty players and as you say, I've been busy of late. Workload is now clear and I am in relaxed mode re: school ...

Patience is a virtue. :)

ANYWAY:

Advice please. I am 90% sure of the answers but want to be 100% sure!

Controversy: higher the attribute, the more controversial. So players like Diouf would be nearer to 20 and Scholes nearer to 1?

Pressure: higher the attribute, the less likely to respond well under pressure? So, Sheffield United players in the Play Off final would be nearer 20 whereas Burnley's would have been nearer 1?

Cheers in advance

Andy / GCB

Funnily enough, I've spent most of the afternoon on creating a database. It's NOT a 10-minute job for forty players and as you say, I've been busy of late. Workload is now clear and I am in relaxed mode re: school ...

Editing the database is one long and tedious task - especially when you have to put in attributes for everyone too!

Controversy: higher the attribute, the more controversial. So players like Diouf would be nearer to 20 and Scholes nearer to 1?

Correct (as far as I'm concerned).

Pressure: higher the attribute, the less likely to respond well under pressure? So, Sheffield United players in the Play Off final would be nearer 20 whereas Burnley's would have been nearer 1?

The higher the pressure attribute, the better the player will play under pressure (once again, as far as I'm concerned).

Cheers fellas. I was wrong on the pressure then! The pressure attribute is really a 'Handling Pressure' attribute one ...

Must check my post before to check if I got the planets the right way round!

EDIT: I hadn't got them right. The pressure answers have changed. Jupiter has most pressure to deal with so should have been 20 not 2, vice versa for Mercury.

Cheers fellas. I was wrong on the pressure then! The pressure attribute is really a 'Handling Pressure' attribute one ...

Must check my post before to check if I got the planets the right way round!

EDIT: I hadn't got them right. The pressure answers have changed. Jupiter has most pressure to deal with so should have been 20 not 2, vice versa for Mercury.

>_< now my pressure attribute sucks, lol. and i was all excited too.......

FMX-Factor2.gif

Welcome Back to the FMX-Factor 2!

The players have answered a set of questions to determine their created player's person data attributes to start the FMX-Factor 2. Below are the results of these questions and the starting attributes for the forty FMX-Factor 2 players as we head towards Boot Camp.

PlayerDataScreen1.jpg

PlayerDataScreen2.jpg

Jack Browne didn't answer the questions although he was on holiday. As it stands, he has awful person data stats but I will think of a fair way to decide these. Otherwise his player has no chance!

Ronaldingo (William Hall) didn't answer questions 2 and 3 properly. These were to do with ambition and controversy. So I have decided that his player needs to be dealt a blow! :) By refusing to choose an American city, he clearly has no ambition so ambition is set to 1; By answering Green Day to question 3, he clearly is trying to be different and controversial so his controversy is set to 20!

LESSON: Do it properly next time, Ronaldingo!

You may also have noticed that I advertised on the sign-up page for a new competitor. aka.arrogantio has signed up with his player, Moussa N'Diaye. He has been added at the expense of AFC-NIFC ... etc ... who seemed to think that I was running this sign-up to suit his timescale. Those of you who were in FMX1 or read it even will know that I am reliable and won't disappear; if I say I will post an update on Wednesday for example and I don't, it will be for a very good reason. Usually, I will post when I say I will but every now and then, real life prevents this. I've got rid of AFC-NIFC ... because he was moaning continually about the slow progress despite the fact I mentioned a long time ago that it would start in late July / early August. I knew I'd need plenty of time to set up the sign-up which is why I created the sign-up post a lot earlier than most would expect.

I am still in the process of creating the database so there won't be another update until this is done. I will do it as quickly as possible - I intend to have it done by next weekend and run Boot Camp then before I head for the wedding/honeymoon. This will put me in position to start the FMX-Factor 2 weekly shows when I get back at the end of July/start of August. Sorry for the delay - have been busier than usual in last few weeks but that should be out of the way now. Cheers to most of you for understanding!

Cheers mate. I didn't want to tell him again.

Patience is a virtue. :)

IT is okay :thup:

Sorry for my absentism lately, had alot of work on.

Awsome way to do the personal attributes and im very happy with mine; 20's for adapt, Prof, Det and Ambition but with low sportsmanship and temp who knows how it'll pan out.

Looking foward ot this getting started. :)

FMX-Factor2.gif

It’ll soon be time for the FMX-Factor 2 to begin!

The database is coming along fine and I’m over halfway through despite work rearing its ugly head again. I thought it would have calmed off by now but I reckoned without the end of term school play. Typical! Anyway, I want it to be kicked off by the end of next week before I disappear for a fortnight.

For an interesting sideshow and to keep you all involved during the laborious wait for an update and a database, I thought that you could PM me your player’s introduction. Write it in the first person (i.e. I, we etc …) and from the point of view of your player, not yourselves. Try to take into account the person data of your player as well. Introduce yourself, your position and your qualities and elaborate as much as you like. I will then use these to introduce the players in the game rather than simply giving a list of names!

For example (without any elaboration):

I am Kyle Naughton, a young right full back from Sheffield. I am a Blades fan since being a little child and I have been involved in the club's academy for several years until I spent a season on loan at Gretna last year. Since then, I have broken into the United team and have established myself at right back. I am an attacking defender with great pace and composure on the ball. I stay on my feet most of the time before making a challenge at the most opportune moment. There have been many rumours about a move for me to the Premiership with Everton, Villa, Man City or Man United but I've decided that the FMX-Factor 2 is the way to go instead.

Hoping to have database done and dusted by Sunday – no promises though!

Regards, Andy.

FMX-Factor2.gif

THE FMX-FACTOR 2 – BIGGER AND BETTER THAN LAST TIME!

Each player has created a player to take part in the FMX-Factor 2 in different positions with different attributes and different preferences. These players will participate in three different stages to become the FMX-Factor 2 champion with the title being defended by conners with Sirus Lannock.

The first of the three stages is:

THE FMX-FACTOR AUDITIONS!

I will be running a season in FM2009 using the four English leagues (Premiership to League 2) and you will need to display your knowledge of the leagues by predicting the promoted teams and relegated teams in each division. For the Premiership, you will need to predict the Champions League qualifiers. These will be PM’d to me (not yet) and the player with the most correct answers will be rewarded with their first choice manager during the FMX-Factor II. Any players with the same scores will be randomly drawn to determine the order of choice for their managers. Choose managers carefully; the best manager might not be the best for you. Check out FMX1 and the plight of Jose Mourinho if you don’t believe me!

After the auditions, it will be time for ...

THE FMX-FACTOR BOOT CAMP!

Have you ever heard of the Yorkshire and Humberside Cup?

Sheffield United last won it in 1988. It was a glorious night at the McCain Stadium in Scarborough that I’m sure you’ll remember. Colin Morris scored with a penalty to secure a 1-1 draw and a 2-1 aggregate win for the Blades to secure silverware … we’ve not won any since!

Anyway, the FMX-Factor 2 is proud to announce that it is reviving the Yorkshire and Humberside Cup as a friendly tournament pitting Yorkshire and Humberside’s finest eight teams against each other. Hull City, Sheffield United, Barnsley, Doncaster Rovers, Scunthorpe United, Huddersfield Town and - although I’m not sure if they are two of the eight finest – the massive, huge clubs that are Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds United against each other for the trophy with the FMX-Factor 2 players involved. The eight teams will be managed by the eight FMX-Factor managers although they won’t necessarily manage their own players with a random draw being used to determine the five players that each of the Y&H Cup sides will get.

Rewards will be given to players based on their performances, number of appearances and their teams achievements in the Y&H Cup. The FMX-Factor players will be getting their flat caps out and walking their whippets in no time!

And after the Y&H Cup finishes, the FMX-Factor 2 provides even more excitement (as if the Y&H Cup wasn't enough!!) with ...

THE FMX-FACTOR LIVE SHOWS!

After the auditions and the Boot Camp, it will be time for the Live Shows. This will see the players competing for a club with their manager for a full season. This could be a Premiership season, a La Liga season, a Champions League season or even a League 2 season – these will be announced soon. At the end of each season, the worst two players will be eliminated automatically and a further three placed in the danger zone. In a twist to last time, only one of these players will survive and two will be voted off. This means that four players will be voted off every season until there are four remaining and it will then be time for the FMX-Factor 2 final (projected for late September/early October) and the crowning of a new champion … unless Sirus Lannock wins.

More to follow tonight!

FMX-Factor2.gif

WHO ARE THE FMX-FACTOR 2 MANAGERS GOING TO BE?

Dermot O’Dreary will guide you through the eight managers for the FMX-Factor 2 now with interviews with the men themselves. Four of the managers will be familiar from FMX1 but double the players means double the managers and double the star men, double the up and coming British men, double the laughable failures and double the eccentric loudmouths.

Want to know who they are? Stay tuned!

FMX-Factor2.gif

THE STAR MANAGERS DESTINED TO FAIL MISERABLY?

jose.jpg

Dermot: Welcome back to the FMX-Factor Jose! How was the break?

Jose: Hello Dermot. I am back to conquer the FMX-Factor. I am the special one!

Dermot: Yes, yes, yes Jose. But you weren’t so special in FMX1 were you?

Jose: You can’t blame the manager in these situations. The clubs I was involved with were far below me. I couldn’t do nothing with them. I am hoping to take charge of Chelsea, Inter Milan and Porto this time.

Dermot: There are rumours that you could end up in League 2 Jose. You ever been to Accrington Stanley before?

Jose: Accrington Stanley? Who are they?

Dermot: Exactly Jose. You’re definitely heading for Yorkshire at some point.

Jose: Isn’t it cold up there? It was there that the fans chanted ‘F*** off Mourinho!’ at me. A real football place. But a bit cold.

Dermot: Yes, you’ll need your duffle coat.

Jose: I’ve sold it.

Dermot: Anyway, back to your performance as manager in FMX1. You were the first one out mainly down to your performance at Portsmouth and Middlesbrough. Even Steve McLaren succeeded at Boro.

Jose: It was too cold for me.

Dermot: OK Jose. Introduce the next ‘star’ manager that we’re bringing to the FMX-Factor.

Jose: Ahh, the most successful British manager ever is joining the FMX-Factor. Is that not me then?

Dermot: No. Ladies and Gentlemen, we have knighthoods in the competition. Sir Alex Ferguson!

Fergie.jpg

Dermot: Welcome Sir Alex.

Sir Alex: Thanks Dermot. Have you got any whisky?

Dermot: No, sorry. What made you decide to leave United after 20-odd years and join the FMX-Factor?

Sir Alex: I’d had enough of bloody Ronaldo and Tevez hadn’t I?

Dermot: So you’d rather work with someone like Sirus Lannock instead?

Sir Alex: Oh aye. He’s much better looking than that Rooney for a start!

Dermot: That’s true.

Sir Alex: Anyway, it is time for a new challenge. And I hear some of my friends are also involved. I assume that means Arsene and Rafa?

Dermot: Well, not really. They’re not interested. But Jose is …

Sir Alex: Oh, do I have to beat him again?

Dermot: … And King Kevin of Toon …

Sir Alex: Ha ha! Is he really? Oh well, I can’t wait to get started!

FMX-Factor2.gif

THE YOUNG, UP AND COMING, BRITISH AND NOT ENGLISH MANAGERS?

Mark-Hughes.jpg

Dermot: Welcome back to the competition Mark Leslie Hughes.

Mark: Don’t call me Leslie. I sound like a girl.

Dermot: Oh, sorry like.

Mark: You will be if you do it again.

Dermot: Errr … Well, you’re back. You made the final last time. Confident of going a step further?

Mark: I haven’t seen my player yet have I?

Dermot: Of course … But you must be confident in yourself?

Mark: The chairman is fully behind me. I have his trust.

Dermot: Pardon?

Mark: My job is secure. The Arabs are not here to sack me.

Dermot: Mark, this is the FMX-Factor. Not Manchester City.

Mark: Oh yes. I’ve been defending my position so long I can’t get out of the habit.

Dermot: Are you going to do Wales proud then?

Mark: Maybe.

Dermot: Your old mentor Sir Alex has joined this year. Are you happy about that?

Mark: Could be.

Dermot: Do you want to manage Corporal Punishment again?

Mark: Not fussed.

Dermot: Is something wrong Mark?

Mark: The chairman is fully behind me. My job is secure.

Dermot: Oh for goodness sake …

Mark: Anyway, that Moyes better not be after my job. He is sniffing around somewhere …

moyes_david_efc_profile_2005new.jpg

Dermot: Yes he is. He is the next new manager on the FMX-Factor.

David: Good evening Dermot.

Dermot: Hi Dave …

David: David please.

Dermot: Oh sorry … So, David: are you happy to have joined the FMX-Factor?

David: Yes. But we haven’t got any money to spend.

Dermot: Of course … Eh?

David: We haven’t got any money! I would like to loan him though.

Dermot: What on earth are you talking about, Dave?

David: DAVID!

Dermot: David then … Sorry.

David: Sorry. Like Sparky here, I’ve been saying the same thing for so long, I can’t get out of the habit.

Mark: My job is secure!

Dermot: Yes we know Mark …

David: And I haven’t got any money to spend … Unless it’s on a Championship player!

Mark: Do you want to loan Jo? I only paid £18m for him …

Dermot: Enough of the madness. See you both in the FMX-Factor 2 Boot Camp!

FMX-Factor2.gif

THE FAILURES THAT PULL IT OUT IN THE FMX-FACTOR?

mick_mccarthy_217x320.jpg

Dermot: And here is the FMX1 winning manager … Super Mick McCarthy!

Mick: Ay-up.

Dermot: Ay-up Mick. Happy to be back?

Mick: Not really. I wanted to retire as undefeated champion!

Dermot: Oh, that’s a shock Mick. This is the most successful you’ve been.

Mick: You’re forgetting the cup run I took Millwall on.

Dermot: Indeed. You must be happy that Roy Keane is not managing here?

Mick: Am not bothered. He’s a ponce.

Dermot: Looking forward to returning to Yorkshire for the Boot Camp?

Mick: Aye. Would like a crack at the Reds.

Dermot: Barnsley?

Mick: Yep. I could visit the Metrodome again.

Dermot: The Metrodome, Mick?

Mick: Aye, it’s a reyt fancy swimming baths. It’s caused a reyt stir in tarn.

Dermot: A swimming baths?

Mick: Well it meks a change from the pigeons.

Dermot: Does it?

Mick: Aye. We usually have to head to Dee-Dar land for owt fancy like t’Metrodome!

Dermot: Anyway Mick, introduce the next manager who everyone thinks is clueless but is going to surprise everyone in the FMX-Factor 2 …

Mick: But he is clueless … It’s Captain Marvel himself!

MUBryanRobson.jpg

Dermot: Bryan Robson! Welcome to the FMX-Factor.

Bryan: Thank you.

Dermot: How does it feel to be back in football management?

Bryan: It feels good. I’m not committing more than that – I don’t like controversy.

Dermot: Boot Camp will see you return to Yorkshire. Fancy another crack at Sheffield United?

Bryan: United? Yes, would love to succeed Fergie.

Dermot: No Bryan, Sheffield United.

Bryan: Sheffield … ? Never heard of them.

Dermot: Your last managers job was there!

Bryan: Oh, you mean Sheffield.

Dermot: Sheffield? No, Sheffield United.

Bryan: The last team I managed was Sheffield. They play in red and white stripes.

Dermot: Yes, Sheffield United.

Bryan: No, Sheffield. There’s only one United.

Dermot: I’m beginning to see why they wanted you out Bryan.

Bryan: Don’t start with the ‘shoes’ protest!

Dermot: What? Shoes off if you’re sick of this interview?

Bryan: Yes. That’s the one.

Dermot: I’ve had enough of this!

FMX-Factor2.gif

THE FMX-FACTOR MANAGERS WHO’LL PROVIDE ALL THE ENTERTAINMENT?

26012008_kevin-keegan_fa_cup.jpg

Dermot: Welcome back to the FMX-Factor Kevin.

Kevin: Thanks, Dermot. I’m a little worried to be fair.

Dermot: Why’s that?

Kevin: To be fair, I’ve not lasted this long in a job for a while. I’m getting itchy feet …

Dermot: Well, we’ve brought your old mate Alex Ferguson back …

Kevin: Haven’t you got to send him a copy of the tape?

Dermot: What tape Kevin?

Kevin : He asked for a copy of the tape didn’t he?

Dermot: I don’t know what you’re on about Kevin but something is upsetting you …

Kevin: When you say what he said about Leeds …

Dermot: What are you babbling on about?

Kevin: I would love it if I beat him!

Dermot: OK Kevin …

Kevin: LOVE IT!

Dermot: You fancy going to manage at Doncaster or Scunthorpe in the Boot Camp?

Kevin: To be fair, they’re great teams.

Dermot: What about a return to Newcastle for the 3426th time?

Kevin: To be fair, the Georgies are great fans …

Dermot: OK Kevin, thanks.

Kevin: To be fair, you’ve been great Dermot …

Dermot: Introduce the final manager Kevin …

Kevin : To be fair, it’s Neil Warnock.

Neil20Warnock1.jpg

Dermot: Welcome, Neil.

Neil: Thank you Dermot.

Dermot: Well, Neil. Boot Camp could see you …

Neil: I blame the referee!

Dermot: I beg your pardon?

Neil: It was all Graham Poll’s fault.

Dermot: Neil, I’m trying to ask you about a possible return to Sheffield United in Boot Camp.

Neil: Oh, them lot. They wouldn’t give me a new contract however much I requested one for months.

Dermot: So you out of love with them then?

Neil: No. Once a Blade, always a Blade.

Dermot: Fancy the Wednesday job?

Neil: I’d love it! Do you get that Kev? Love it!

Kevin: I’d love it if you got the Wednesday job Neil!

Dermot: Right then, why would you want the Wednesday job Neil?

Neil: To f*** them up completely and take them to League 1!

Dermot: You’ll not be there that long.

Neil: I blame Rob Styles for that. It was never a penalty.

Dermot: Well, its official. All the FMX-Factor managers have gone mad.

Neil: I blame Alan Wiley. I’m a qualified referee you know?

Dermot: Yes Neil. It’ll be an entertaining season with these lot. Stay tuned in to the FMX-Factor 2!

Archived