The fmx-factor 2!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks man :)

What I'm going to do mate is leave your player in with a random manager if thats OK with you? Then, if you want to get involved at a later date (distractions can be a good thing at times like these) you can. Eventually your player will get eliminated as he won't ever be improved but he might survive a while and then you might decide you want to rejoin. That sound OK? :thup:

Right folks. Am right annoyed with myself - got a new PC that would run FM miles quicker than my works laptop but I can't find the FM disk. Typical. Oh well ... I'll still be able to run it on the laptop but on the PC would mean I could be quicker later on! I'll have a good hunt around and see if I can find it. Thats the problem with not needing the disk to play the game anymore. The disk only gets used once and then gets lost. D'oh!

I've just gone through all the predictions I have and put them into Excel so I can see them easily.

SJ234 (Bob McBob): I have your predictions but I don't have any managerial preferences for you so it kind of makes them irrelevant. Could you send me a list of the 8 managers in the order you'd prefer them right through to final choice please?

No predictions from: weeeman27bob, JSalter, Blanco, Xx_weecoop_xX, Lardman CDB, pnefc22, spartans5, AdzH, chave, Haowan, DarrenHR, davis, WilliamHall, CowSimao, BelshawFM.

Also have no predictions from AdamFitz, aka.arrogantio and AtilasMiserly but they have requested random managerial appointments for their players. That's fine and I don't mind others doing that but I need you to PM me and let me know.

The users in the above list who haven't sent me their player introductions either are 15 remaining players in danger of being eliminated as I will be eliminating of these 10 players that haven't responded to my requests for introductions and/or predictions. I'll PM them and let them know. I need predictions and introductions by the weekend (Saturday morning) as I want to get started so will be assigning players to managers etc ...

As you want all the stuff by Saturday, I assume that the actual thing will be starting then at some point?

Looking forward to this now :thup:

Correct. The first 'live show' could take a while to type up and sort out (lots of players, extra stuff to do, more to report) so don't expect miracles on Saturday morning ... It might take until Sunday for it to come together.

FMX-Factor2.gif

Welcome to the FMX-Factor 2!

Sponsored By: Dairy Lea Dunkers!

BOOT CAMP BONUSES AND REWARDS

GOALKEEPERS

The FMX-Factor 2 involves four goalkeepers: Wobill Luman, Setven Jaa, Owen Le Blanc, Zac Smith

The goalkeepers were looking to concede few goals so that their goals conceded/game average would be lower than the others. The best two goalkeepers would receive an increase to their CA of 5 as well as chance to increase/decrease any of their person data attributes by up to 10.

Player                  Team          GCAve
Wobill Luman             SW           1.125     (9  goals/8 games) *
Setven Jaa               SU           1.000     (8  goals/8 games) *
Owen Le Blanc            HC           1.750     (14 goals/8 games)
Zac Smith                Sc           1.333     (8  goals/6 games)

So, Wobill Luman (pnefc22) and Setven Jaa (coldkohmew) will get a CA increase of 5 and need to select ONE person data attribute to increase/decrease by 10. Please post this information in the thread with your players name as follows:

Ched Evans +10 Professionalism

If you need to see your players current person data attributes, see this link: PERSON DATA

Information about current abilities of your player will be posted seperately after each position has been posted.

FMX-Factor2.gif

FULL BACKS

The FMX-Factor 2 involves five full backs (3xRB and 2xLB): Ben Cee, Fred Brookes Jr., Philip Almeida, Nicolev Cadu, Matt Ferguson

The full backs were looking to achieve a higher tackle success percentage than the others. The best two full backs would receive an increase to their CA of 5 as well as chance to increase/decrease any of their person data attributes by up to 10.

Player                  Team          Tack%
Ben Cee                  HC           95.83     (23/24 tackles) *
Fred Brookes Jr.         SU           95.65     (22/23 tackles) *
Philip Almeida           Ba           85.71     (18/21 tackles)
Nicolev Cadu             LU           93.75     (15/16 tackles)
Matt Ferguson            SW           83.87     (26/31 tackles)

So, Ben Cee (BenArsenal) and Fred Brookes Jr. (Denther) will get a CA increase of 5 and need to select ONE person data attribute to increase/decrease by 10. Please post this information in the thread with your players name as follows:

If you need to see your players current person data attributes, see this link: PERSON DATA

Information about current abilities of your player will be posted seperately after each position has been posted.

Guest roberto922

typo alert :) You've put goalkeepers instead of full backs in the second line ;)

well done Ben Cee and Fred Brookes also

FMX-Factor2.gif

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

The FMX-Factor 2 involves three central defenders: Hermann Schneider, Corporal Punishment, Ardas Nails

The central defenders were looking to achieve a higher headers success percentage than the others. The best two central defenders would receive an increase to their CA of 5 as well as chance to increase/decrease any of their person data attributes by up to 10.

Player                  Team          Head%
Hermann Schneider        DR           66.67     (8 /12 headers)
Corporal Punishment      Sc           77.27     (34/44 headers) *
Ardas Nails              HT           92.85     (26/28 headers) *

So, Corporal Punishment (LardmanCDB) and Ardas Nails (weeeman27bob) will get a CA increase of 5 and need to select ONE person data attribute to increase/decrease by 10. Please post this information in the thread with your players name as follows:

FMX-Factor2.gif

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDERS

The FMX-Factor 2 involves four defensive midfielders: Archie Smith, Darren Gilmartin, Gregory Peck, Brian Danielson

The defensive midfielders were looking to run further on average during the games than the others. The best two defensive midfielders would receive an increase to their CA of 5 as well as chance to increase/decrease any of their person data attributes by up to 10.

Player                  Team          AveKM
Archie Smith             HT           5.840      (29.2km/5 games)
Darren Gilmartin         LU           7.128      (49.9km/7 games) *
Gregory Peck             Ba           5.133      (30.8km/6 games)
Brian Danielson          DR           6.483      (38.9km/6 games) *

So, Darren Gilmartin (DarrenHR) and Brian Danielson (~Ian~) will get a CA increase of 5 and need to select ONE person data attribute to increase/decrease by 10. Please post this information in the thread with your players name as follows:

FMX-Factor2.gif

CENTRAL/ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

The FMX-Factor 2 involves eight central/attacking midfielders: Adam Holmes, Geevus Canvey, Demetrio Rotondo, Moussa N'Diaye, Bob McBob, William Hall, Mitchell Williams, Mark Millward

The central/attacking midfielders were looking to achieve a higher pass success percentage than the others. The best two central/attacking midfielders would receive an increase to their CA of 5 as well as chance to increase/decrease any of their person data attributes by up to 10.

Player                  Team          Pass%
Adam Holmes              Sc           62.19     (102/164 passes)
Geevus Canvey            SU           76.53     (150/196 passes) *
Demetrio Rotondo         HT           65.90     (87 /132 passes)
Moussa N’Diaye           HC           76.79     (139/181 passes) *
Bob McBob                Ba           63.15     (12 / 19 passes)
William Hall             SW           65.18     (88 /135 passes)
Mitchell Williams        LU           72.80     (91 /125 passes)
Mark Millward            DR           66.01     (68 /103 passes)

So, Geevus Canvey (Canvey!!) and Moussa N’Diaye (aka.arrogantio) will get a CA increase of 5 and need to select ONE person data attribute to increase/decrease by 10. Please post this information in the thread with your players name as follows:

FMX-Factor2.gif

WINGERS

The FMX-Factor 2 involves five wingers (3xRW, 2xLW): Kyris (Cristiano Kyone), Cristobal Blanco, Lawrence Lazewski Jr., Adam Fitzpatrick, Mark Cooper

The wingers were looking to have more assists per game than the others. The best two wingers would receive an increase to their CA of 5 as well as chance to increase/decrease any of their person data attributes by up to 10.

Player                  Team          AvAss
Kyris                    Sc           0.333     (2 assists/6 games)
Cristobal Blanco         HT           0.200     (1 assist /5 games)
Lawrence Lazewski Jr.    SW           0.625     (5 assists/8 games) *
Adam Fitzpatrick         LU           0.375     (3 assists/8 games) *
Mark Cooper              Ba           0.250     (1 assist /4 games)

So, Lawrence Lazewski Jr. (spartans5) and Adam Fitzpatrick (AdamFitz) will get a CA increase of 5 and need to select ONE person data attribute to increase/decrease by 10. Please post this information in the thread with your players name as follows:

FMX-Factor2.gif

STRIKERS

The FMX-Factor 2 involves eleven strikers: Gervase Smith, Robert Jones, Liam Ferguson, Magnus Vestergaard, Tom Hamilton, Havo Bigabelli, Joe Tomkins, Haowan Madridstas, Sirus Lannock, Jack Browne, Az Toscani

The strikers were looking to achieve a better goals to game ratio than the others. The best two strikers would receive an increase to their CA of 5 as well as chance to increase/decrease any of their person data attributes by up to 10.

Player                  Team          AvGls
Gervase Smith            HT           0.333     (1 goal /3 games)
Robert Jones             LU           0.750     (6 goals/8 games)
Liam Ferguson            Sc           0.667     (4 goals/6 games)
Magnus Vestergaard       Ba           0.333     (2 goals/6 games)
Tom Hamilton             DR           0.667     (4 goals/6 games)
Havo Bigabelli           DR           0.333     (2 goals/6 games)
Joe Tomkins              SU           1.250     (10goals/8 games) *
Haowan Madridstas        SU           0.333     (2 goals/6 games)
Sirus Lannock            SW           1.000     (10goals/10games) *
Jack Browne              HC           0.667     (6 goals/9 games)
Az Toscani               HC           0.667     (6 goals/9 games)

So, Joe Tomkins (joetheref) and Sirus Lannock (conners) will get a CA increase of 5 and need to select ONE person data attribute to increase/decrease by 10. Please post this information in the thread with your players name as follows:

FMX-Factor2.gif

Non-Positional Bonuses

Due to their performances in Boot Camp, the following players have been rewarded with a CA increase of 5 and the opportunity to increase/decrease ONE o f their person data attributes by up to 10:

Wobill, Setven Jaa, Ben Cee, Fred Brookes Jr., Corporal Punishment, Ardas Nails, Darren Gilmartin, Gregory Peck, Geevus Canvey, Moussa N’Diaye, Lawrence Lazewski Jr., Adam Fitzpatrick, Joe Tomkins and Sirus Lannock.

Any other CA increase will be added onto those already achieved where necessary.

The player with the highest Boot Camp average rating is rewarded with a CA increase of 10. The best player, with an average rating of 7.89, was JOE TOMKINS.

The next four highest average ratings are rewarded with a CA increase of 5. The next best four players were:

Sirus Lannock 7.42, Robert Jones 7.32, Jack Browne 7.28 and Cristobal Blanco 7.13

The five players who helped Hull City to their Yorkshire and Humberside Trophy victory – Owen Le Blanc, Ben Cee, Moussa N’Diaye, Jack Browne and Az Toscani – are awarded a CA increase of 10.

The five players who helped Sheffield Wednesday to the final of the Yorkshire and Humberside Trophy – Wobill Luman, William Hall, Matt Ferguson, Lawrence Lazewski Jr. and Sirus Lannock – are awarded a CA increase of 5.

The ten players who helped Sheffield United or Leeds United to the semi-final of the Yorkshire and Humberside Trophy – Setven Jaa, Fred Brookes Jr., Nicolev Cadu, Darren Gilmartin, Geevus Canvey, Mitchell Williams, Adam Fitzpatrick, Robert Jones, Haowan Madridstas and Joe Tomkins – are awarded a CA increase of 3.

The fourteen players who played every single group game for one of the four teams knocked out in the group stages (Barnsley, Scunthorpe United, Doncaster Rovers and Huddersfield Town) are also awarded a CA increase of 3. These players are: Zac Smith, Philip Almeida, Corporal Punishment, Ardas Nails, Gregory Peck, Brian Danielson, Adam Holmes, Demetrio Rotondo, Mark Millward, Kyris, Liam Ferguson, Magnus Vestergaard, Tom Hamilton and Havo Bigabelli.

The other six players – Gervase Smith, Hermann Schneider, Archie Smith, Bob McBob, Cristobal Blanco and Mark Cooper – miss out on this occasion.

During the Boot Camp game on FM09, the players’ CA changed as well and I have been able to see this using GenieScout. Therefore, the CA increases awarded have been added onto the CA on the game at the end of Boot Camp. Below is a list of every player’s CA going into the Live Shows (includes all CA increases awarded in Boot Camp).

Wobill Luman 160, Setven Jaa 158, Owen Le Blanc 161, Zac Smith 154;

Ben Cee 165, Fred Brookes Jr. 161, Philip Almeida 153, Nicolev Cadu 153, Matt Ferguson 155;

Hermann Schneider 150, Corporal Punishment 158, Ardas Nails 156;

Archie Smith 150, Darren Gilmartin 152, Gregory Peck 158, Brian Danielson 147;

Adam Holmes 154, Geevus Canvey 159, Demetrio Rotondo 153, Moussa N’Diaye 166, Bob McBob 150, William Hall 155, Mitchell Williams 153, Mark Millward 153;

Kyris 151, Cristobal Blanco 155, Lawrence Lazewski Jr. 161, Adam Fitzpatrick 156, Mark Cooper 150;

Gervase Smith 150, Robert Jones 158, Liam Ferguson 151, Magnus Vestergaard 154, Tom Hamilton 151, Havo Bigabelli 153, Joe Tomkins 166, Haowan Madridstas 148, Sirus Lannock 166, Jack Browne 165, Az Toscani 155.

For those of you that put common names in your sign-up form, I have updated the database so that your common name shows now and I will start using the common names in my reports. I decided that anybody whose common name was just their first name (or near to it) wouldn't have the common name used.

Anyway, just so you're aware:

Kyris = Cristiano Kyone (that was used in Boot Camp already)

Fuzzy Lightning = Lawrence Lazewski Jr.

Ronaldingo = William Hall

And Wobill will be referred to as Wobill from now on, not Wobill Luman: as he was in FMX1

FMX-Factor2.gif

LIVESHOWS: INFORMATION

Every Season - Bonuses/Rewards, Punishments and Eliminations

In every season, one particular aspect of each players performance will be identified to determine how many attribute boost points each player receives - these can be spent on improving any attribute (increasing or decreasing) of a player except for Person Data, i.e. If a player has 6 attribute boost points, they might decide to increase their pace by 6 or decrease their injury proneness by 6 etc ... These can be split and used on different attributes as well.

The aspect to be focused on will be the stats used for each position in Boot Camp, i.e. Goals Conceded, Headers Won % etc ... I don't know exactly how many points are to be awarded for these yet as I want to have a wide look across a season so that every position is as balanced as possible and no position has an unfair advantage.

OK, I've worked out what I think are fair totals for each position. Here they are:

GOALKEEPERS: Average goals conceded per game

If a GK concedes more than 2.5 goals/game, he scores 0 points but he scores a point for every 0.2 goals/game he is under that: i.e. 2.3 = 1, 2.1 = 2; Between 0.5 and 0.7 goals/game will receive 10 points. Anything less than 0.5 goals/game would be a superhuman effort and would be awarded 15 points.

FULL BACKS: Tackle Success %

If a FB is successful in less than 65% of tackles, he scores 0 points but scores 1 point up to 68%, 2points up to 71% etc ... until 10 points up to 95%. Anything better than 95% will be awarded 15 points.

CENTRE BACKS: Header Success %

If a CB is successful in less than 55% of tackles, he scores 0 points but scores 1 point up to 59%, 2points up to 63% etc ... until 10 points up to 95%. Anything better than 95% will be awarded 15 points.

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDERS: Distance covered, km/game

If a DM runs on average less than 6km per game, he scores 0 points. Each half a km after that is worth 1 point up to 10 points for 11km; Anything better than 11km will be awarded 15 points.

CENTRAL/ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS: Pass Success %

If a CM/AM is successful in less than 65% of passes, he scores 0 points but scores 1 point up to 68%, 2points up to 71% etc ... until 10 points up to 95%. Anything better than 95% will be awarded 15 points.

WINGERS: Assists per game

If a winger averages less than 0.1 assists per game, they will score 0 points. For each 0.05 after that, they receive 1 point (1 point up to 0.15, 2 points up to 0.2) up to 10 points for up to 0.6 assists per game. Anything above 0.6 assists will be awarded 15 points.

STRIKERS: Goals per game

If a striker averages less than 0.1 goals per game, they will score 0 points. For each 0.05 after that, they receive 1 point (1 point up to 0.15, 2 points up to 0.2) up to 10 points for up to 0.6 goals per game. Anything above 0.6 goals will be awarded 15 points.

At the end of every live show, I will also look at each players average rating. The two players with the lowest average rating will be AUTOMATICALLY ELIMINATED from the competition regardless of any other information in the show. The next two lowest will be placed in the CSE vote with other players that will be identified using the theme of the season although I may decide to select more than two using average ratings in certain seasons. These two players and the other players placed in the CSE vote will be voted on by the other users and any other members of the forum. Two of these players will then be ELIMINATED BY CSE VOTE if they have the least number of votes.

In each season, I will identify a theme beforehand and bonuses, rewards, punishments and places in the CSE vote will be determined using this theme as well. The information for Season 1 will be coming later tonight.

FMX-Factor2.gif

THE FMX-FACTOR 2 presents LIVE-SHOW SEASON 1

Make an impact and get noticed!

Live-show season 1 will be about making an impact and getting noticed. Your player will need to make as big an impact as possible on the FM Footballing World.

FIRST, THE NUMBERS:

As we start Live-Show Season 1, we will have 32 players in the FMX-Factor 2. 8 players will have been eliminated after Boot Camp - these players will be announced on Saturday morning. The 32 remaining players will be split into 8 teams with 4 players at each team with one of the FMX2 managers. These teams will be:

The Coca Cola Championship teams that are usually predicted by the media to finish 17th - 24th.

17th: Nottingham Forest; 18th: Burnley; 19th: Southampton; 20th: Swansea City; 21st: Coventry City; 22nd: Barnsley; 23rd: Doncaster Rovers; 24th: Blackool

TEAM AIM: Exceed the media prediction for the League by as much as possible.

The team that exceeds their media prediction by the most will be rewarded as follows:

- Each of that teams player's CA will be increased by 5;

- Each of that teams player's Determination attribute will be increased by 10 (to a maximum of 20);

- The player in that team with the highest average rating will get to choose the team for Season 2 before any other team.

When the teams are ranked by how much they exceeded their media predictions, the teams who are 2nd-7th will be rewarded as follows:

- The player in that team with the highest average rating will get to choose the team for Season 2 in the order they have been ranked;

- They will definitely not be left with the last choice of team for Season 2.

The team that exceeds their media prediction by the least (i.e. the worst) will be punished as follows:

- Each of that teams player's CA will be decreased by 5;

- Each of that teams player's Determination attribute will be decreased by 10 (to a minimum of 1);

- The team will have no choice over their Season 2 team;

- Each of that teams players will be placed in the CSE vote with the two players whose average ratings were lowest.

PLAYER AIM: Get noticed by Premiership and/or International teams.

When the season is complete, I will allow the game to holiday on to the end of August, i.e. the third transfer window. Any players who have earned a place in the Premiership (or the Spanish, Italian, French or German equivalent) or with any Champions League team in Europe will be rewarded with a CA increase of 5. If a team is promoted from the Championship in Season 1, that will count.

Also by this date, any player who has made their full international debut will also be rewarded with a CA increase of 5.

If any players complete both of these aims, they will get both increases to make an actual CA increase of 10.

Doh, Danielson has the lowest CA of anyone at this point. Not the greatest place to start from. One thing though -

The defensive midfielders were looking to run further on average during the games than the others. The best two defensive midfielders would receive an increase to their CA of 5 as well as chance to increase/decrease any of their person data attributes by up to 10.

Player                  Team          AveKM
Archie Smith             HT           5.840     (29.2km/5 games)
Darren Gilmartin        LU           7.128      (49.9km/7 games) *
Gregory Peck             Ba           5.133     (30.8km/6 games) *
Brian Danielson          DR          6.483      (38.9km/6 games)

Surely Danielson has a higher average than Peck here, so should get the bonus?

Doh, Danielson has the lowest CA of anyone at this point. Not the greatest place to start from. One thing though -

Surely Danielson has a higher average than Peck here, so should get the bonus?

Correct - where on earth was I looking?!!!

Sorry Gregory Peck, your +10 Determination is not valid. Brian Danielson has it! Let me know which person data you want to in/decrease!

I have decided to ditch the Trebuchet font from now on; It isn’t as clear as I’d like.

FMX-Factor2.gif

THE FMX-FACTOR 2: SEASON 1 (Make an impact and get noticed!)

Managerial Appointments

With just one day remaining until the players find out which managers they will be working with in the FMX-Factor 2, it is time to announce which managers will be at which clubs. Remember that in Season 1, the players will be playing for a Championship club who the media have predicted will finish between 17th and 24th at the end of the season. As a team, the players need to ensure that they beat this prediction by as much as possible with the best team rewarded but the worst team’s players will be up for eviction. As individuals, the players need to try and ensure they earn a move to the Premiership and/or get noticed by their international manager and make their full debut for their country. International recognition could prove more difficult for some than others.

PLEASE NOTE: The worst team will not necessarily mean that they finish lowest in the league. For example, if Blackpool finish 23rd, they will be 1 place above their prediction and would therefore beat – as an example – Swansea if they finished 21st as this would be 1 place below their prediction. In fact, Blackpool with a decent manager draw could be the best place to be drawn for this season as they cannot finish lower than predicted!

So, it is time to find out which managers are going where.

The first manager drawn out of the hat is: SIR ALEX FERGUSON.

The only knighthood in the FMX-Factor 2 managed Leeds United in Boot Camp and took them to a Group A win but they fell to Sheffield Wednesday in the Semi Finals.

He will link up with his new club and 4 of the FMX2 stars tomorrow. And that club will be: SOUTHAMPTON.

A club with serious financial difficulties and could be a good place to be for a player to earn a transfer away to the Premiership. The Saints have a nucleus of good young players in Drew Surman, David McGoldrick and Adam Lallana and with some good FMX2 players joining, they could do well.

The second manager drawn out of the hat is: BRYAN ROBSON.

Robbo – or Captain Marvel as he was known – gets some stick from many but he is a big name draw as evidenced by his signings at Middlesbrough in the mid-nineties. He guided Sheffield Wednesday to the Semi Finals in Boot Camp where they lost to Hull City.

He will link up with his new club and 4 of the FMX2 stars tomorrow. And that club will be: SWANSEA CITY.

It is the Welsh sides first season in the Championship for some time and previous boss, Roberto Martinez, has them playing excellent passing football. With Jason Scotland, they have some firepower which guarantees goals but they will need to be stronger defensively for success in FMX2.

The third manager drawn out of the hat is: MICK McCARTHY.

The former Republic of Ireland manager is the only FMX2 manager to have managed at the World Cup (2002 in Japan/South Korea) and was the manager of FMX1 winner, Sirus Lannock. In Boot Camp, he guided Sheffield United through to the Semi Finals as winners of Group B but there they lost to Hull City.

He will link up with his new club and 4 of the FMX2 stars tomorrow. And that club will be: NOTTINGHAM FOREST.

The sleeping giant hidden in the murky depths of the Championship, Forest are back in the Championship after a turbulent time saw the former European champions drop into League 1 for some time and struggle to come back. With many talented youngsters and the goalscoring abilities of Rob Earnshaw, Forest could be the best pick for the FMX2 players.

The fourth manager out of the hat is: DAVID MOYES.

The determined Scot leaves Everton where his former chairman, Bill Kenwright, hailed him as the best manager in the world. Whether that stands true is debatable, particularly after his Barnsley side failed to win any of the six group games in Boot Camp, but Moyes will want to show his ability here.

He will link up with his new club and 4 of the FMX2 stars tomorrow. And that club will be: DONCASTER ROVERS.

A familiar team to the FMX-Factor 2 after their participation in Boot Camp with Kevin Keegan at the helm. Recently promoted to the Championship, this is their first season at this level for over 50 years and their midfield is set to shine. A few additions from the FMX2 players will make Rovers a darkhorse to watch out for.

The next manager out of the hat is: MARK HUGHES.

Fed up with constant speculation about his job at money-bags Manchester City, Hughes has returned to the FMX-Factor 2 after an up and down time in FMX1. He guided Scunthorpe United to the brink of the Semi Finals in Boot Camp and an impressive 1-0 away win over eventual winners Hull City and will be out to impress again in Season 1.

He will link up with his new club and 4 of the FMX2 stars tomorrow. And that club will be: BLACKPOOL.

The team predicted to finish bottom of the Championship will be a tough assignment for Hughes but on the bright side, the only way is up. After losing Simon Grayson to Leeds, the Tangerines have struggled and will need Hughes and his four players to be on top form to improve their fortunes.

The sixth manager drawn out of the hat is: KEVIN KEEGAN.

One thing is certain about Keegan and that is that football with him as a manager is never dull. The man who inspired the Newcastle United ‘Entertainers’ and former England head coach, Keegan almost guided Doncaster Rovers to the Semi Finals in Boot Camp losing out to Sheffield Wednesday in the sixth and final game.

He will link up with his new club and 4 of the FMX2 stars tomorrow. And that club will be: COVENTRY CITY.

The Sky Blues are another big name who have fallen on hard times since their glory days in the eighties and nineties. FA Cup winners in 1987 and a menace to many a Premiership big gun until their relegation in the new millennium, City have a new ground fit for the top flight but sadly not a squad to match. With the FMX2 players, they could sneak into the Play Off pack.

The penultimate manager out of the hat is: NEIL WARNOCK.

Controversial, outspoken, disliked. Three words to describe Neil Warnock but, like Keegan, football is never dull while he is around. His image and persona detract from a successful career as a manager in the lower leagues and he showed this in Boot Camp by guiding Hull City to victory.

He will link up with his new club and 4 of the FMX2 stars tomorrow. And that club will be: BURNLEY.

Once a massive club in England, now one of the also-rans. Burnley are a club that has been in the Championship for years now, always threatening the Play Offs, never looking likely to be relegated, always ending mid-table. With the addition of some FMX2 players, the Play Offs could be a possibility for the men from Turf Moor.

And finally, the last manager out of the hat is: JOSE MOURINHO.

The ‘Special One’ wasn’t so special in FMX1. Neither was he so special in Boot Camp, guiding Huddersfield Town to last place in their group with only one point. However, Mourinho is a special talent, a man who has guided Porto, Chelsea and Inter Milan to their respective league titles as well as winning the UEFA Cup and Champions League with the Portugese.

He will link up with his new club and 4 of the FMX2 stars tomorrow. And that club will be: BARNSLEY.

The Reds are a lower Championship team who every now and then suffer heartbreak (and spend a couple of seasons in League 1) or achieve a miracle (Premiership in 1997, FA Cup shocks over Liverpool and Chelsea in 2007) before returning to their status quo. Mourinho will have his work cut out at Oakwell but they do well with foreign players and may respond well to a foreign coach.

BY TOMORROW:

- Player Introductions if not done;

- Predictions and Manager Choices if not done (let me know if you want to be randomised);

- Person Data boosts from Boot Camp otherwise you lose them.

Guest roberto922

Hmm, judging by my two first choices I'll either be at Doncaster or Southampton if I'm lucky. Is this on 9.3.0 or on an update like Weegie? If it's the former Southampton aren't too bad

if i'm reading it right you haven't got my player introduction, is that right?

If it is, I don't know what happened to it, I sent it off. If you need it I'll send it again.

Got it, thats all you needed. I think I might have accidentally deleted some pre-wedding which is causing a few headaches.

By tomorrow morning folks! :thup:

Right, times up. I'm starting.

Couple of points to make:

- Have decided to keep all 40 players in as it's too much hassle to get rid. Those that don't respond will end up out quick enough anyway as their player will not improve.

- Have discovered the joys of FMRTE which could save me a lot of time. I will be using it instead of the database resetting idea I used in FMX1.

- People who vote will be rewarded in some way so make sure you vote when the time comes.

Apologies if I've seemed a little ratty - I've not been that well TBH :thdn: - have jusr re-read some of my posts and it's a little obvious! I do need you guy to contribute though and update your players when needed and vote etc ... It's time to start for real now so lets get going shall we? :)

Guest roberto922

Don't blame you, it can be irritating when you put in the effort and don't get answers from peole that have signed up, don't worry about it :thup:

Archived