The New and Improved 20/20 Challenge

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all: Happy about my shared 1st place in the table after the Leeds-challenge.

This next challenge looks a bit more challenging, I think. The biggest challenge is to succeed in the Euro Cup. Major respect to anyone who does...

About injuries, I think my players are a lot more prone to injuries, than usual.

BTW, how about posting a SS of managerprofile, when starting future challenges. Just to make sure that everybody uses Automatic Reputation?

Originally posted by PaulHartman71:

Bonus Points -

20 Points - Win the Uefa Cup

18 Points - Runner up in Uefa Cup

16 Points - Semi finalist of Uefa Cup

14 Points - Quarter Finalist of Uefa Cup

14 Points - Winner of Swiss Cup

12 Points - Semi Finalist of Swiss Cup

10 Points - Quarter finalist of Swiss Cup

What about Runner up in Swiss Cup?

i have started and am just about to play brann in the uefa cup 2nd qual round. not as easy as i hoped as i drew 0-0 in the first leg and am 8th in the league after 6 games. the board won't give me any more funds despite having a season profit of over £1m.

Originally posted by cletus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulHartman71:

Bonus Points -

20 Points - Win the Uefa Cup

18 Points - Runner up in Uefa Cup

16 Points - Semi finalist of Uefa Cup

14 Points - Quarter Finalist of Uefa Cup

14 Points - Winner of Swiss Cup

12 Points - Semi Finalist of Swiss Cup

10 Points - Quarter finalist of Swiss Cup

What about Runner up in Swiss Cup? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, doesn't seem significant

ssestig - update of progress (oct 27)

* got knocked out of the uefa cup in the 1st round proper to rosenborg

* league is close. between zurich (2nd) and neuchatel (9th) is 5 points. basle are ten points clear and walking away with it.

* just beat a non-league side to face st. gallen in the swiss cup 3rd round

One third into the tournament (12 matches out of 36) and we have had 6 Wins, 5 Draws and 1 Loss. That puts us in 1st place, 1 point ahead of Basel. The media has predicted that we would finsh 3rd this season. Hope to prove them wrong....

Lost the Euro Cup 1st Round against Din. Bucarest, 1-3 away and 1-1 home. Previous Euro-matches lead to an aggregate victory of 10-0 over Käerjéng (LUX) and 5-4 over SV Mattersburg (AUT).

Only played 1st round in Swiss Cup and FC Stande Nyonnais (non-league) was defeated.

Best player so far: Christian Schwegler (7.22 in Avg. Rat. and Shi Jun our topscorer with 8 goals in 16 matches. Unfortunately he has just fractured his skull and is out for 2-3 months icon_mad.gif

Hakan Yakin hasn't really shown his worth yet.

Now I'm not the one who normally complains but I'm halfway through my season sitting in 3rd place. Out of both cups, however, I have never played such a boring game in my life...

Please, after wherever I finish in this season, can you NEVER do any as morbid as this again...

P.S. I'm sorry as I know how much effort you put into creating these challenges, but I hope you can understand where I'm coming from. icon_confused.gif

I think you're wrong.

Considering that YB IRL haven't won the Swiss League since 1986 and the Swiss Cup since 1987 (although Runner-up 2007/08 and third in 2006/2007) they are not expected to win every match they play.

And since this challenge is a 20-team challenge, there has to be different kind of teams. Otherwise, I would find it boring.

Maybe it's because I'm doing quite well: Table

Also qualified for the Swiss Cup-final where Challenge League-team Servette are waiting.

almost finished. just 7 league games (sitting 3d on g.d.) and the cup final to go (vs aarau). this is totally different to what i am used to and can't wait for the next challenge.

screenshots to be posted either tomorrow or friday.

well done to bot cletus and VanRossi for not giving up.

Season Review: Young Boys

So after a poor run of winless games at the end of the season i managed to pip Aaura to 2nd place. I lost in the 1st round proper of the Euro Cup on away goals to M.Haifa.

Also, i got knocked out in the semi finals of the Swiss cup icon_frown.gif

Squad:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r282/dale0718/squad.jpg

This is the squad that did the job for me, i hardly changed the team, only bringing in 1 player and selling no one.

League:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r282/dale0718/league.jpg

and the league table. As you can see, Basel ran away with it lol

Transfers:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r282/dale0718/transfers.jpg

and finally my transfers, not much to see but as you can tell i brought Liviu Ganea again like i did for my leeds team icon_smile.gif

Hope thats all okay, good luck to anyone else still doing this challenge.

Reasonably good season, finishing 2nd in the league, after Basel ran away with it, and winning the swiss cup

Table

http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=40096782tp0.jpg

Transfers

http://img369.imageshack.us/my.php?image=38277823yr0.jpg

Swiss Cup

http://img369.imageshack.us/my.php?image=15140109ae1.jpg

Also got to group stage of EURO Cup, but finished 4th behind Palermo, Everton and Bayern Munich

Unfortunately I won't be able to do next week's challenge, as am on holiday.

Season finished and here's the results:

Table

Finished 2nd, 8 points behind Basel and 8 points ahead of Zürich.

Swiss Cup

Won the final on penalties against Servette.

1st rd : YB-Stade Nyonnais: 2-0

2nd rd : Chiassi-YB: 0-4

3rd rd : Locarno-YB: 0-3

Quarter: YB-Basel: 3-1

Semi: YB-Thun: 2-0

Final: YB-Servette: 1-1, 4-3 P

Transfers

Rochat was bought to replace Zayatte, who looked a little poor.

Juan Jayo was over the hill and didn't play much.

I know, I'm stressing as I have to go out tonight icon_mad.gif and haven't really started until this morning, I'm only 15 games in at the moment so might be a real push to have it ready.

What the penalty for a late entry 3 points?

As I doubt I'll have time to post the screenies by midnight, so might have to be tomorrow morning

Originally posted by smithers08:

Due to there being no challenge this week , does anybody fancy doing a 'out of challenge ' challenge , e.g keep derby in the premiership ?

Is this ok with you paul hartman ?

Fair enough this is the sort of thing I am looking for although I would change Derby for Hull given I have updated for 08/09 season!!

You can't call this EASY can you!!

Originally posted by Andyh60:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smithers08:

Due to there being no challenge this week , does anybody fancy doing a 'out of challenge ' challenge , e.g keep derby in the premiership ?

Is this ok with you paul hartman ?

Fair enough this is the sort of thing I am looking for although I would change Derby for Hull given I have updated for 08/09 season!!

You can't call this EASY can you!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well tbh, the whole 'Derby staying in the premiership' challenge has nothing at all to do with me

Well tbh, the whole 'Derby staying in the premiership' challenge has nothing at all to do with me

Bit of a coincidence then that finally I find the kind of thing I was looking for, whether I do this particular one is another matter cos for me that will be really really hard.

I'm not particularly sure what you're on about, but taking part in challenges is what makes you better at FM, or at least it's made be better in my experiences.

Well I certainly want to be better at FM by doing things that jsut wouldnt happen in real life.

Archived