The New and Improved 20/20 Challenge

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest roberto922

Nope mate, just give him your name and off you go, if you wanna do any of the others you get a 3 point deduction for doing them late.

Good Luck

Just flew through Pre-Season so heres a mini report.

Friendlies:

St Johnstone - 3-0 Win

Brora Rangers - 2-2 Draw

Raith - 1-2 Loss

Werder Bremen - 1-1 Draw

Bradford - 2-3 Loss

Sheffield United 1-2 Loss

Pretty Unsucessful Preseason results there after a promising start

Brought in a Two Fresh Faces

Sabic(CB) - 26K

Kostindinov - Loan

Havnt Sold anyone yet hoping to through to raise some finaces

Curent State money wise is +549,900

Looking good from here. Must admit that I was a bit surprised myself about the result in the Scotland Chall. (reached the Semi's) but I think my 1st place in the Challenge-table is a result of my tactic that scores a lot of goal, often the first one in the match which in many games leads to victory...

Anyway this Gretna-thing looks interesting.

Have played the friendlies resulting in 3 draws and 3 wins:

Alloa-Gretna : 3-3

Queen of Sth-Gretna : 3-5

Civil Sevice-Gretna : 0-0

Gretna-Werder Bremen : 4-1

Gretna-Olympique Lyon: 2-2

Gretna-Hamilton : 3-1

Signed 7 players, 3 for free and 4 on loan - won't give any names away though :).

(PS. In the Challenge-table I'm registered for only 2 challenges played. I've played all 3)

Cletus you beat Bremen 4-1? Great stuff mate. I've taken an absolute stuffing during pre-season! First friendly was on the first day so I let my Ass Man take charge and immediately regret the decision...

Free transfers galore though, possibly too many players in my squad now.

Cletus you beat Bremen 4-1? Great stuff mate.

Well, was a bit surprised too. The match was even with Shots/On goal-stats at 13-5 for Gretna and 14-6 for Werder. We probably just had the luck that day.

Can tell you that in the two first matches in the league we didn't quite follow up the good pre-season results...

Draw 1-1 home against Falkirk

Lost 2-0 away to Hibernian

I realize i think 3 challenges have passed but is it alright if i join in from now, this looks like great fun and i need a few challenges to keep me going for a while. Hope this is okay with everyone as i really would like to join.

SPL Finished- I claim my 8 points.

And for the Scottish Cup- Another 8

League Cup- 3rd round, no points.

Finances- -250K, no points. Damn my boards insistence upon getting under-soil heating!

Henry Makinwa was top goalscorer for the SPL, and got in the Team of the Season. Mickaël Buscher was SPL Young player of the season. The end of season summery listed us as 'Overachievers'.

I've just been given Man Utd as a parent club.:mad: I didn't even want a parent club. I wanted a feeder club. And even if I had wanted a parent club, it wouldn't be that club.

Got started with Leeds earlier and so far so good, Barazite and Blake are bagging goals for me and Mihelic is proving terrific support. I had played 8 won 6 drawn 1 lost 1 which was a crushing 3-0 defeat at doncaster. I sit mid-table with the best goal difference in the league, problem is Notts Forrest keep winning. It's getting so frustrating seeing them cruise clear at the top.

Played through almost an entire Blyth season yesterday, gonna finish tonight before posting a season report. Not giving anything away yet though.

Finished my Gretna-season and here's the results:

Table 8 points

Managed to reach the 7th-spot after a good finish in the Relegation Group with 4 wins and 1 loss

Scottish Cup 10 points

Very lucky in the draws:

4th round: Albion Rovers, 4-0 home

5th round: Forfar, 5-0 home

Quarter: Falkirk, 1-0 home

Semi: Celtic, 0-3

League Cup 4 points

2nd round: Stranraer , 3-0 away

3rd round: Hearts, 3-1 away (hattrick by Buscher)

Quarter: Hibernian, 0-1 home

Buscher won Young Player of the Year

Balance by 1st June 2008: £2,198,874.

Rangers almost won the treble, but lost the League Cup to Celtic

A total of 22 point to my account, thx...

Archived