The New and Improved 20/20 Challenge

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Post Them In Here First To Be Safe

After a Good First Half Too The Season

We Hadn't Lost a League game and Only Lost One In The Euro Cup

Mid Way Table

By The End Of The Season I Was A Point Behind Basel And Seem Set For 2nd Spot.

Then This Happened

This Is How The Table Finshed

Euro started well and we scraped through our group with 5 Points

Followed By A Win Against PSV in The http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj139/Whitehead_10/Young%20Boys/EuroCup.jpg

Which Drew Us Against Bayern Munich Too Whom We Lost 5-2 On Aggregate

Back to Switzerland;

The League Cup Was Very Intense, and In The Final We Drew Servette

Then We Got Our Double Through A

Cup Win

This Was The Transfers That Where Made

At The Emnd Of The Season 3 player Made It Into The Team Of The Season

as i haven't posted my seasons results is it all right to email my wordpad document to you tomorrow and still get full points or do i get the 3 point deduction.

Week 3 - Take the Scots to Glory - 13/07/08 - 19/07/08

As we all know, in real life, Scotland didn't quite make the European Championships. That's where you come in.

Step 1 - Load only the Scottish and Brazillian League

Step 2 - Start with Brazil, DEC 2006. Scotland have played 4 games, 3 wins against Faroe Islands, Lithuania and France. And a loss to Ukraine

Step 3 - Your challenge is to get Scotland to Euro 2008, and then Compete!

20 points - Win Euro 2008

18 points - Euro 2008 Runners-Up

16 Points - Semi Finals of Euro 2008

12 Points - Quarter Finals of Euro 2008

10 Points - 3rd in Group Stage (Finals)

8 Points - 4th in Group Stage (Finals)

6 Points - Finish 3rd in Qualifying Group

4 Points - Finish 4th in Qualifying Group

2 Points - Finish 5th in Qualifying Group

1 Points - Finish 6th or 7th in Qualifying Group

Screenies required of Qualfying Table, then each Phase afterwards, EG Finish Finals table, Quarter Finals, Semi and Final

Good Luck

do we have till sunday to do this challenge?

i didn't realise that the forums had come up again as i couldn't access them through the football manager website for some reason :S

anyways, another question, how many points am i on and where am i in the table?

Scotland Challenge

This is my first challenge as I joined the game 2 challenges late but I must say that I enjoyed this very much and didn't realise how enjoyable managing Scotland was:D

The first game was against Georgia where I had 22 shots on goal and 16 on target and was on top for the whole match but still only managed to win 1-0. I played the same formation Chelsea do in real life with 2 wingers supporting the lone striker all the time. Scott Brown of Celtic scored the only goal of the game and I was happy with the end result.

The next game was against Italy at the San Siro where I lost 2-0 but again, I was on top for the majority of the game which the result did not reflect. It was 0-0 until 86 minutes when my defender decided to chop down Luca Toni in the area and give away a penalty. Then we lost it from there. Bad times.

The next two games were against Lithuania and Faroe Islands who I beat 6-1 and 2-0 respectively which left me second in the group with 4 games to go. Then France followed in which again I lost to a late goal- this time in the 94th minute which really got on my nerves :(

The last three games were key against Ukraine, Italy and Georgia. I managed to beat Ukraine 4-0 which pleased me as I thought I would lose the game but then came bloody Georgia. They drew 2-2 with us meaning that if Italy won, we would not qualify for the Euro's this year. They lost to Ukraine in the end which meant that the last game between Scotland and Italy would decide who would go to the Euros and who would be crying into their hankies.

The game was a thriller with us winning 3-2 in the end as Italy managed to gain 2 goals back in the final 10 minutes but we held onto the lead which meant we were off to Austria/Switzerland for our travels!

The Euro's were a disaster to say the very least. We picked up a measly 1 point from the group but to be fair we were drawn with France (again :() Holland and Serbia. Serbia beat us 3-1, France beat us 3-0 and we drew with Holland 1-1. A good challenge but I wanted to go further with the Scots. Heres the links:

Qualifying Table- http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l417/piteshmistry/qualifyingtable.jpg

Euro table- http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l417/piteshmistry/euro08table.jpg

Guest roberto922

WTF! I drew 1-1 with Spain in the last group game and the fans are disappointed with the result! Anyway finished top with 7 points and have drawn Holland in the quarter finals

Guest roberto922

2-1 in the semis vs the Czech Republic, 0-0 at full time, garry o connor scored in the 104' and 108' minute and then one of theirs scored in the 112', most nerve wracking 8 minutes of my life lol

Guest roberto922

2-0!!!!!! Fantastic, they dominated from beginning to end but who gives a toss :D!!! Screenies coming in a minute, is that full points for me Paul?

Guest roberto922

Dunno really, alot of second half comebacks, maybe good teamtalks? Fletcher, Boyd and Mcfadden have been brilliant and same old scotland giving me a heart attack every knockout round lol.

Screenies in next post uploading them in a sec

Guest roberto922

i had bloody serbia, france and holland in my group. what was your team that you played? mine was GK Gordon, DR Hutton, CB G Caldwell, CB McManus, LB Wilson, DM Ferguson, CM Fletcher AM Scott Brown RWF: Maloney LWF: McFadden ST: O'Connor/Boyd

cant wait for the next challenge now!

Guest roberto922
i had bloody serbia, france and holland in my group. what was your team that you played? mine was GK Gordon, DR Hutton, CB G Caldwell, CB McManus, LB Wilson, DM Ferguson, CM Fletcher AM Scott Brown RWF: Maloney LWF: McFadden ST: O'Connor/Boyd

cant wait for the next challenge now!

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ohmylife92/ScotlandSquad.jpg

There you go mate, mind you I didn't play Ferguson all the way through

Guest roberto922
we finished the challenge and now we have to wait until saturday until another one :(

might have a go at the previous ones

Do we just get a 3 point deduction for finishing the first two challenges late Paul? or do they just not count at all?

Archived