Jack Rodwell

I bought him for Lyon after he demanded a transfer from Everton as he didn't like the manager.

I had him for 12 months and in that time he missed training 3 times and fell out with a teammate.

So I sold him to West Ham (at a profit) and immediately their fans were unhapy with the signing.

Don't know whether anyone else has had the same problems?

Iv got him at QPR, He doesn't seem to be developing as well as i liked. His stats remain pretty average and my coaches said he had the potential to be as good as curtis davies before but now they say hes only has potential to be a quality player so i dunno. I might end up selling him if he doesnt improve more.

I think he only has a

-8 potential.

My Everton coaches went on about how great he was at first, but after a while he just didnt produce the goods. The same with Jose Baxter. I cant seem to develop them properly no matter how hard I try (althogh I cant play them too often if theyre rubbish...)

I paid about £14m for him 2010/11, as backup at tottenham, but ledley king got injured for a few months so i played him with christopher samba, now i rarely conceed many goals. he's close to breaking into the england sqaud aswell. I think it depends if he gets many games at everton. on my save man utd bought yobo and man city bought lescott, so he was a regular.

If you get someone to tutor him his stats increase quite quickly. I got Andre Bikey and the link-up worked perfectly and he learned a few moves from him too. Since then i havent been able to tutor him as he has been a starter in my first team at QPR but now his stats dont seem to increase much. Its quite frustrating as i hoped for him to be a long-term CB to partner Curtis Davies.

• 4 weeks later...

I have him for Everton as backup for Jagielka and Yobo and even then, he has played 15 games (albiet some as sub) and has never let me down! (1st season)

I have Jagielka tutoring him an he is progressing immensly, so good infact that im tempted to sell the unsettled Yobo at the end of the season and give him his number 5 jersey! The only thing stopping me is then I have no backup DC! lol

im hoping him and gosling have a bit of an upgrade in the upcoming patch..

aswell as jonjo shelvey who is now a starter at 17 and running the show..

and i also kinda hop the younger lads are now old enough to be included... like ismail at wolves and the few other starlings who were too young to have in the original

• 4 months later...
Well Micah Richards isn't very good so I wouldn't really rely base that comparison on anything..

Micah Richards is amazing in my game. First season as well.

He has 6 stars for my save. I'm look at Jack Rodwell as a replacement for Dunne. Ive been told Jack is a definite purchase. So hopefully I will be able to develop him well.

The Everton Researcher didn't really do Jack any justice with his PA rating. I've never known any young player to be so professional and determined like Jack is. His attitude is exemplary and he's going to go onto big big things and definitely become an England regular once the current crop have dropped off.

Archived