-Rushden & Diamonds

-Salisbury City

-Stevenage Borough

-Torquay United

-Weymouth

-Woking

-Wrexham

-York City

Bookies favourites: Wrexham, Oxford United, Cambridge United, Mansfield Town and Torquay United.

Blue Square North

-A.F.C. Telford United

-Alfreton Town

-Blyth Spartans

-Burscough

-Droylsden

-Farsley Celtic

-Fleetwood Town

-Gainsborough Trinity

-Gateshead

-Harrogate Town

-Hinckley United

-Hucknall Town

-Hyde United

-King's Lynn

-Redditch United

-Solihull Moors

-Southport

-Stafford Rangers

-Stalybridge Celtic

-Tamworth

-Vauxhall Motors

-Workington

Bookies favourites: A.F.C Telford United, Droylsden, Southport, Farsley Celtic, Tamworth, Harrogate Town and Stalybridge Celtic.

Blue Square South

-AFC Wimbledon

-Basingstoke Town

-Bath City

-Bishop's Stortford

-Bognor Regis Town

-Braintree Town

-Bromley

-Chelmsford City

-Dorchester Town

-Eastleigh

-Fisher Athletic

-Hampton & Richmond Borough

-Havant & Waterlooville

-Hayes & Yeading United

-Maidenhead United

-Newport County

-St Albans City

-Team Bath

-Thurrock

-Welling United

-Weston-super-Mare

-Worcester City

Bookies favourites: Chelmsford, Maidenhead United, AFC Wimbledon and Worcester City.

Recommend players, talk about formations and talk about your career as manager of a Non-League side.

Discuss away.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think i'm going to try and repeat a similar game I had on 08 with Sutton. Managed to make it to 2034 and had a very successful time. Anyway just mucking about on the demo at the moment and seeing who might be good players for a future long term game.

Stuart Fleetwood can be signed for £0 up front, he'll go to the conference but i'm not sure about the league below.

Gavin Rothery looks class as an AMC.

fair enough mate. give them a go at some point though. if you tried them on 08 you will know how much fun it was but this year looks alot more difficult./

Yeah in general it's gunna be more difficult with the way transfers have been set up, much more difficult to sell players who have just been signed which is more realistic I suppose. Shame Sutton were relegated irl, had great fun with them getting promoted every year(bar 1 in the Championship) getting the stadium to a 72k all seater, winning several Champions Leagues and Premier Leagues.

I want to be at gander green lane again :(

I may be tempted by Oxford though, they seem to have the ability to attract League 1 standard players. Ciaran Toner looks a good signing as well btw

yeah on 08 you could attract some very good players and i dont think too much would have changed in a year they have a huge stadium for that league which is awesome.

well done with Sutton mate, are they not even in BSN or BSS? i hate, it when that happens you have a wicked game then want another on next fm but they arent on it argh!

• SI Staff

Simon Thomas isnt very good IRL. xD

I had to up his stats since his move from Boreham Wood to Crystal Palace. I dont know what the Palace scout saw in him, I watched him for two years at the Wood and all he did was score penalties and run very fast.

Just having a few muck about games in the Conference North/South and some good players I've found so far that will come:

Sean Coburn

Charlie Ide

Joel Kitamarike

Adrian Pettigrew

Lee Snodin

Corrin Brooks-Meade

Craig Dean

James Krause

Lee Hales

Marcel Mckie

Lewis Hamlin

Richard Stimpson

And some players who arent interested at 1st but I think may be persuaded:

Eddie Johnson

Owen Price

Michael Dobson

Tommy Black

Gavin Rothery

If someone started a game as a non-league team on the demo , will you continue it on the full game ?

I wont no, doesn't have nearly enough players loaded on the demo.

Will do the same as I did on the last 1, use the demo to have a look to see what good players/tactics I can put together and then start a new game and play it properly. Will probably load all players from England and Scotland for a start.

I would thoroughly recommend having a look at Charlie Sheringham. He was an absolute legend for me in my all-conquering Grays Athletic side of 2008 and it looks like he might be available at a reasonable price here.

Puja

i'm half way through a season with Gainsborough Trinity in BSN, and its not looking bright sitting in 17th.

I have Hull as a parent club and they're shocking.

Also having trouble bringing people to the club on part time contracts with low wages. No transfer budget and only allowing me one coach doesn't help either.

I have brought in a couple of loanees who have done a good bit but the best of which is Danny Wright (think thats his name), a 17 y/o AMC/ST from scunthorpe united reserve team.

I'm currently 24 games into the season as Tamworth in the Blue Square North, I've completely revamped my side, bringing in about 20 new players all on frees, and they're finally starting to gel, currently 2nd in the league 3 points off 1st and fairly confident of winning the entire division.

Got to the first round of the FA Cup but got knocked out by Luton, got to the 4th round CLC but Wrexham were my downfall and am currently in 4th round FA Trophy.

Have Wolves as my parent club theyve sent me a very nice left back who my scouts rate as a decent Championship player. Am in the process of gaining another parent club too.

So in my first season it's all looking pretty swell as Tamworth boss.

Started a game as AFC Wimbledon, started with pretty much squad I inherited allthough Signed Lewis Hamlin and Ryan Hall both free who ended up been great signings. Also signed Spencer Weir Daley and Tom Moncur on season long loans (Fulham are my parent club). Won promotion via playoff's on penalties against Eastleigh.

2nd season, got rid of majority of side that where not 1st team regulars and signed Ben Farrell, Tommy Mooney, Alan McNally, Lawrie Wilson and Jamie Young on free's.

Currently 10th in BSP with 15 games to go, was 4th at one bit but good cup runs lead to a fixture pile up, knackered players and some bad results, am unbeaten in 4 games now and only 6 points off playoffs

Just started myself with Burscough hoping be long successful campaign, aint played league game yet but excellent start to pre season so hopefully go well signed several full timers from few different countries for some reason found venezuela hard to get work permit but matty collins was excellent signing with young brazilian geovanni and forward levry (french) who is lookin like 4 go to man 4 goals this year strugled get good keeper though and with centre backs not great always fearing lash back from some teams

Am AFC Wimbeldon. Playing Australian A-League in background. Brought in Bobby Petta on a free from local Aus team, Dimitri Brinias a young Aus GK. I bought for 10k+16k over 12 months (aus dollars) Iqbal a pakistani/english cd - but be careful he mistime alot of tackles in the area. west Ham is the parent club and have provided me with a striker. Lots of dead wood in the team which i will release after 08/09. Sitting first, late October.

Playing Vauxhall Motors (BSN), hence any players I can get means anyone(almost) can. Media prediction 22nd, but currently sitting pretty at the top of the table. Most of these players have to be signed fast, but your wage budget can post a BIG problem. Most of these players are good enough to get you consecutive promotions.

Highly recommended

Free Players

GK - Henri Timmer

GK - Sven van Ommeren (Groene Ster)

SW,DC - Justice Ampah

SW,DC,DM,MC - Benjamin Prednik (Pohorje)

DRC,WBR,DM,MRC - Reagwich Slijngard (ASV) : super versatile

DC - Thanh Doan

DC - Arthur Gnohéré

DM,MRC - Ondrej Kral (Klatovy)

MC - Benjamin Mulamehic : good prospect, train him as DM and ST.

AMC - Marcin Morawski (Gornik) : amazing vision, long shots.

AMC - Jérémy Drouglazet (US Concarnoise)

AMR - Dave McClements

AMLC - Niels Gerestein :best played in DL/WBL role. Don't retrain him though, already 37.

WBL,AMLC - Rogerinho (Irakleio) : dominates the left.

AM/FC - Jean-Jacques Missé Missé (Rapid Leest) : Very old and selfish but still very good.

AM/FC - Boubacar Baldé (US Concarnoise)

ST - Tadeusz Tyc (Czarni Z.)

Transfers

D/WBL - Rennier Rodríguez (Caracas) 3k,Wp

D/WBR - Luis Lobo (Deportivo Anzoátegui) 1k,Wp (or %profit)

ST - Pierre Alexandre Pluchino Galuppo (Caracas) 1k,Wp (or % profit) : a goal a game guy, need some encouragement at 1st. Not the best stats but 12 in 10, rating 7.9. A lot of room for improvement too.

Keep a look out for Ransford Osei-ST, Paul Addo-WBL, Leozhinho-AMLC,FC.

Need a better AMR, any suggestions?

Hey all thought i would join in and tell you about my career so far.

Ok well I am currently just over halfway through my third season as Dorchester Town. Here is my league record so far:

Season 1: Predicted 21st Finished 12th BSS

Season 2: Predicted 14th Finished 1st BSS - Finished 21pts clear

Season 3 so far: Predicted 24th Currently 1st after about 30 games.

I am not infront of my computer which the game is on so can't give any players but wil do when i get a chance.

Some tips for everyone in LLM:

-Before you load a game make sure you have players loaded from as many countries as poss.

-Get a parent club as soon as poss, took me until the second year to get southampton but im glad ive got them now.

-Get some good scouts and get them working on every country seperatly. France and Spain have brought up some quality players, i have been signing players that, according to my scout, would be good for league 1 and 2 sides.

some players i can think of are:

James Krause DLC

Something bowditch (can't remember his first name) SC

Stuart Fleetwood SC

Somthing Citron (a quality french AML/FC play him upfront)

Joel Thomas SC

Johny DC/DM and some other positions

Also GET Willy Topp!!! a quality SC, you won't regret it

Ok can't remember anymore but I have a whole list of quality players that will join BSS/BSN and BSP teams. When I get a chance ill post them up.

Thought I'd point out a couple of players already at Blue Square clubs, that seemingly have good potential. I wonder whether anyone has had experiences with them, or if people are just buying foreign talent by the bucket load! Sadly, I'm still only on the demo, so if any of these players are now horrendous when patched, then feel free to say! :D Some good players in the Conference:

Lee Ashton, Barrow right back. Seems to have amazing stats, only fifteen, could probably play Conference level football from the start. Louis Morley, the Salisbury striker, is another with good stats at a young age (16). Both probably have the potential to play up to League 1 standard football at the peaks of their careers at least. Ebbsfleet also have a good 16 year old fullback... Cowen was his name I think.

You probably can't expect more than League 2 football from any youth players at Conference North/South teams at the start, which may not be enough for many somewhat impatient players who want to get successive promotions all the way up the ladder. Anyway, Matt Grandison of Burscough and Brian Greaney of Fleetwood look decent young goalies, and on the demo at least, Jack Vine of Basingstoke has some very nicely spread stats. All are only 15 or 16 if memory serves. Probably the player with the best potential below the Blue Square Premier is Fleetwood's Kevin Elliot. His stats don't look much, but he seems to perform well with decent physical attributes, and he has a LOT of potential, could probably play in League 1 when developed.

So yeah, tell me if any of those are looking good perhaps a few years down the line in the full game. :D

TUMJM thx a lot. Yohan Guichard looks good, but a bit low on off the ball and passing. Looks better as a ST. Le Paih looks better and very consistent, only let down is he is 34 and my wage budget can't fit him :(. Btw, which Hadji? there are over a hundred. :p

Mike_Cardinal I'm sorry dude. These players you talk about... they are regens.. Those starting as 16yrs old are mostly regens in teams BSP and below.

Archived