FM 09 - Non-League Discussion.

GimmeTheBall

after being successful with multiple english big clubs i have decided to start a LLM game with Alfreton \o/

only just got into it but having good success so far but the club is struggling for money and the owner is looking to sell the club...

mon a saudi takeover :D

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I've been in a Blyth game for a little while now but only made it to the 2nd season.

1st season I won the league and nearly playoffs for the second season.

some free player available at the start that can do well:

Nathan McConnell (FC) Irish. strong and powerful in the air. Good amount of assists in my system

Stuart Hilditch (DL) from N.I good allround defender. solid performer

Steven Hawthorne (DR) from N.I young and consistent.

Dean Marshall (MR/L) Irish. best down the right. doesn't look like much but plays well even in BSP

Igino Idiakez (MC) Spaniard. mid 30s but still got it. had to wait til january for him to agree to sign but hes on a free. fairly slow but great other stats.

Ross Hegan (MC) can play DMC and DC. early 30s. good captain. solid defensive minded midfielder. handy for makeshift defender.

Ally Beck (AML) pacey. good passer and can dribble. lots of assists 1st season.

Andrew Hageman (DC) can play midfield. solid defender. doesnt loose anything in the air. high average rating both seasons.

hope these help somebody. :thup:

• 1 month later...

I'm currently playing with Blyth Spartans.

After securing a surprising promotion via playoff in the first season, I managed to stay up in the second season, finishing just 3 places above relegation. Now in my third season (2010-2011), and during fairly well. 12 games played and currently 2 points from a play-off place. I have an okay team; a strong defence and strike force, but a somewhat weak midfield with Kristian O'Leary as my captain.

Archived