fm weegie final release - forum crashed

Michael F

Final Release

Unfortunatly due to the forum being down i cant post a fix list but it should have most things done

*New links with fixes coming later today (mon)

Installation

Download this file to your desktop.

• Right click on it and extract to FM WeeGiE Update, this will create a yellow folder on your desktop

• Once extracted its safe to delete the zip folder (blue, green, purple book icon)

• Right click and 'cut'

• Place folder in My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/db and paste it inside the db folder.

• Please make sure the FM WEEGIE folder that you extract is not inside another folder called FM WEEGIE. It has to be 1 Folder Only.

• Load Football Manager 2008 and when asked to choose db, pick FM WeeGiE Update. Enjoy!

cheers

michael

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Being a member is kind of irrelevant when the forum is down. I meant he should post a direct link to the download.

Yeah but the download is on that site, of which you need to be registered, so we're in a catch 22 situation, or do you mean he should host the database somewhere else when he gets it?

Yeah but the download is on that site, of which you need to be registered, so we're in a catch 22 situation, or do you mean he should host the database somewhere else when he gets it?

It is always hosted on a third party website, he just puts the link on the forums where only members can access it.

All he needs to do is upload it to multiple file hosting sites i.e. Rapidshare and all that.

• SI Staff

That's the thing. We've got a rule here that says all links to downloads should not be to somewhere you need to register on. It says it on bold at the top there.

I guess he's not going to put the link anywhere else except his website, which means it will probably be October before anyone is able to actually download it. I guess it will be easier to look for another update rather than wait for this one, as we may be waiting a long time.

Yea gutted, got an urge to play FM. But i cant bring myself to start a season knowing theres an update there from Weegie! :)

Same. Felt like starting a Manchester United game with the new update and have been dawdling about near my computer all afternoon like a sad pathetic...erm.. thing. Now I've got to rot for another 4 hours! What to do, what to do...?

dear all

anyone trying to download the final weegie update from the forum, the forum seems to have crashed due to the number of people waiting for it, i need to go to work so ill get it up around half 9

(p.s mods sorry to post this here but most people who cant get it will probably look here to see if anyone has asked why the forum doesnt work)

cheers

michael

thanks Michael for the update on the update!

lol agree with TopToffee here - everyone going wild, posting sarcastic comments regards to not being able to download it until October and why doesnt he just put the link here etc.

Yeah I waited for this too, I was on the forum when there were 300+ registered users and a 158 guests sat wanting the download file. Im gutted I cant get it now and have a nose about but the blokes gone to work. Im sure it will be up and sorted by later this evening so everyone just chill with your sarcastic comments and appreciate the work they do when you do get to download it - afterall, the reason your posting in here is because you are clearly in the know that there really isnt any better unofficial update available imo

\o/

The site was up at 4 iirc. If released then, then everyone would have it. :D

And..?

Evidently it wasn't ready at 4pm. Even if it was, people do have, you know, lives to lead.

The attitude of some people in here really stinks. The Weegie team put a lot of work into this update, and they do so in their own spare time and for no fee or other compensation. I think the least you can do is have a little gratitude and patience.

Although perhaps not surprising from someone who idolises Emre.

And..?

Evidently it wasn't ready at 4pm. Even if it was, people do have, you know, lives to lead.

The attitude of some people in here really stinks. The Weegie team put a lot of work into this update, and they do so in their own spare time and for no fee or other compensation. I think the least you can do is have a little gratitude and patience.

Although perhaps not surprising from someone who idolises Emre.

Just a joke. Lighten up love.

Archived