fm weegie final release - forum crashed

Michael F

I just got an e-mail from the loch ness monster telling me that Elvis and the Pope, have just kidnapped him and are holding the entire FM community to ransom with the Weegie update. If we don't tell them the truth about the moon landings we will never get it.
He doesn't, Elvis and the Pope do. Nessie was just a witness.

Ah, that makes more sense. We need to put Nessie in a witness protection programme or hide her somewhere. Now, where could we hide the Loch Ness Monster where she couldn't be found...

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i've just read through this forum and i see there is many people moaning about not getting the update on time which to be honest is totally unfair on the people that actually dedicate doing the updates for people like us that can't be bothered to do 1 ourselves. so untill we actually start doing them for ourselves and uploading it for other people to use then we should stop moaning as they don't have to do it!! plus your getting it for free it's not like you've paid for it and it's lost in the post etc. So lets get off these peoples backs and let them get on with if they say it will be out at such a date and time and it's not who cares as long as it comes out for us to download it for FREE!! I'm sure michael is working on it as you read this. what is a couple of hours going to matter (exactly nothing at all). Keep up the good work lads.

Didn't know Mother Teresa posted on these forums.

Anyway I have a link for the new patch

www.loltheinternetpwnedtheweggieupdate.co.uk

i've just read through this forum and i see there is many people moaning about not getting the update on time which to be honest is totally unfair on the people that actually dedicate doing the updates for people like us that can't be bothered to do 1 ourselves. so untill we actually start doing them for ourselves and uploading it for other people to use then we should stop moaning as they don't have to do it!! plus your getting it for free it's not like you've paid for it and it's lost in the post etc. So lets get off these peoples backs and let them get on with if they say it will be out at such a date and time and it's not who cares as long as it comes out for us to download it for FREE!! I'm sure michael is working on it as you read this. what is a couple of hours going to matter (exactly nothing at all). Keep up the good work lads.

Was being sarcastic if saw my post :)

i take it you are 1 off the inpatience type that can't wait and are pacing up and down the stairs wearing the carpet it out :-) oh and that link dosen't work!!

Odds for the update release

50/1 Today

1/10 Tomorrow Morning

Bets are open!

Guest Eggy_McMuffin

I just got another e-mail from Nessie telling me that the Pope and Elvis have changed their demands. They now also want 16 Jaffa cakes, 3000 blue M 'n' M's, 2 big macs, one without gherkin, the other with extra mayo, £72.30 and a banana split. I think if we all chip in though, we can get it all together.

This is getting serious lads.

I just got another e-mail from Nessie telling me that the Pope and Elvis have changed their demands. They now also want 16 Jaffa cakes, 3000 blue M 'n' M's, 2 big macs, one without gherkin, the other with extra mayo, £72.30 and a banana split. I think if we all chip in though, we can get it all together.

Torres for Man City 89mill Breaking News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty much along the lines of fennyboy1 said and unbeatenforaseason here is mother teresa number 2 this evening.

Chances are FMWeegie is a one man operation and along with hosting the website and creating the updated database which he I guess he does in his spare time, I would imagine this all takes a lot of effort and dedication.

That is one of the reasons why you should only download directly from the link on fmweegie website, so he gets visitors to the website. If he chooses to post the link on the SIForums he will.

The fact that his update is held in such high regard due to the time and effort he puts in is the reason the website has crashed, as it will have more than likely xceeded the bandwidth due to a huge amount of visitors in a short time.

You will be downloading this for free. Have some respect and do not post the link anywhere else, unless the author says you can, why not visit the site (when it comes back up), have some patience it will become available. Stop trying to twist the rules of physics, constantly trying to refresh the webpage as and when you do get on fmweegie website will just simply increase the delay for you and everyone else.

Be very greatful to someone who puts in all this time and effort for no reward other than to share his interest in the game with everyone who wants his update. If you've spent any time editing one fo the databases hopefully you will understand how time consuming it is and that is after all why you want to download the file because you can't do all that work yourselves, due to time, patience or whatever. Show some respect to the person whose hard work you will reap the rewards from.

Ta.

This has made me wonder how many Jaffa Cakes you get in a packet and how many packets we'd have to buy so we could give them 16... And how many more would be left over that I could eat.

Guest Eggy_McMuffin
Torres for Man City 89mill Breaking News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nessie didn't say anything about that, but this might be harder for us to manage tonight, if we have a fun-run though, I think we might be able to raise that kind of money.

Guys come on, this isn't something we should be arguing about. Let's chill out a bit.

The problem here is (and SI know all to well of this problem) that when you announce a specific time for something, it's only natural that people are going to assume that's when it's going to be done. Eagerness spills over into desperation and frustration. The best thing for a release announcement really is to say "it's going to be released tomorrow evening at 9pm" and then release it at 6pm, and anyone who's on will notice it, download it, hopefully spread the word and it'll be an easier load and more of a trickle rather than one great big, fat, heaving, sweaty lump of overeager downloaders crashing everything they charge at. :D

i dont know why people are moaning about waiting a little bit longer for the best and most indepth updates available. theres plenty of others available now just cant promise they will be as good as the weegie, mike doesnt get paid for doing it so it will be up when hes ready

Guest Eggy_McMuffin
This has made me wonder how many Jaffa Cakes you get in a packet and how many packets we'd have to buy so we could give them 16... And how many more would be left over that I could eat.

There are 12 in a strip according to the Sainsbury's website, so if we get a double pack, that'll mean we'll have 8 left we can give them to Sniel to keep him happy.

We still need a fun-run though to raise the £89m for Torres to go to City. Reckon we can get Abou Diaby to sponsor us? I heard he's quite well off these days.

Guest Eggy_McMuffin
I think we aught to get joey barton on this guy...

Maybe we could set Barton on Elvis and the Pope, so he can spring him free. That's a good idea, but I reckon we Chuck Norris is a better option, because from what The Loch Ness monster told me, Elvis really means business, that guy just really wants those Jaffa Cakes M 'n' M's and big mac.

Maybe we could set Barton on Elvis and the Pope, so he can spring him free. That's a good idea, but I reckon we Chuck Norris is a better option, because from what The Loch Ness monster told me, Elvis really means business, that guy just really wants those Jaffa Cakes M 'n' M's and big mac.

Michael's got Bigfoot, the Yeti, King Kong and Godzilla as his bodyguards. Unfortunately he's also got Mark Thatcher as his navigator which probably explains why he hasn't got here yet. :p

Michael's got Bigfoot, the Yeti, King Kong and Godzilla as his bodyguards. Unfortunately he's also got Mark Phillips as his navigator which probably explains why he hasn't got here yet. :p

update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

I know i shouldn't laugh as i have nothing against Derby.

as a derby season ticket holder last year has been hell. but they are improving , one league win and we will be flying i hope , but you never know lol

just need this update to get derby that league win

Guest billyashmore

damn this is agonising. i thought he'd post and give us an update on how things were going:(

i dont want to resort to using another update as i have been a loyal weeige updater

Archived