fm weegie final release - forum crashed

Michael F

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha after reading all the posts here i had to reply!

I've been wondering what makes a website just disappear like fmupdates did :S

Anyway can't wait til morning for this update gonna be playing all day hopefully, need to get donny rovers into the prem! I think for now i'll just read my book and refresh this thread :D

Guest billyashmore

his reward is a growing reputation should he continue to make good updates on time. money or no money awards, a simple reply to say another day is needed doesnt hurt

Guest Eggy_McMuffin
what? is Elvis and the Pope holding Michael Knight hostage? how the bloody mary did KITT let this happen???

Yeah, KITT was hosting the server, but they got ambushed. The popemobile, just beat KITT in a battle of wits and then the site just went down. Now in order for us to get the server back up, we need to meet the demands of Elvis and the Pope.

Guest billyashmore

it could get him affiliations with other websites. The guy started doing these updates knowing he isnt going to be paid so why preach about how he isnt. if he wasnt happy with what he recieves then he would stop. we all have the upmost respect for him and his time, but a simple reply isnt going cost a limb

it could get him affiliations with other websites. The guy started doing these updates knowing he isnt going to be paid so why preach about how he isnt. if he wasnt happy with what he recieves then he would stop. we all have the upmost respect for him and his time, but a simple reply isnt going cost a limb

*caughs* suck up! you know you ain't gonna get the update any faster than the rest of us, right? ;)

Guest billyashmore

lol mac, just a bit of wishful thinking. Toffee dude, this is just a forum, i dont do e-arguements at 1 in the morning. just pointing that the guy had the respect to post this thread and let us know that he has difficulties which we all understand. he gave us a new time and we are just curious if he can give us another new time be it a day or a week.

lol mac, just a bit of wishful thinking. Toffee dude, this is just a forum, i dont do e-arguements at 1 in the morning. just pointing that the guy had the respect to post this thread and let us know that he has difficulties which we all understand. he gave us a new time and we are just curious if he can give us another new time be it a day or a week.

tbh billy, I wasn't really directing my original comments at you, more at the people who were acting like it's their god given right to receive this update. As someone who has in the past tried to put together a few contributions to the FM community, that attitude rankles a bit.

Guest billyashmore

yea, i see where youre coming from man, its rude to expect. the guy does good work and people are just super keen to ge tthere hands on his latest installment. who knows, maybe he just had a few more bits to do on it. night people.x

Reconsidered on going to bed i know i will not get to sleep any way ill just be thinking ' is the weegie update on yet' he he. So going to play a old save of Fm whilst refreshing this page from time to time untill im really sleepy!

Omg i just realized i live my life for Football Manager, nah just kidding i already knew i live and die for Football manger these days!!!!!

Just refreshed on Weegie's website, and i got on the main forums part but couldn't sign in to get to the downloads bit and plus after i tried the website started playing up again and now i can't get on at all. All i will say is........... THERE WAS A GLIMMER OF HOPE!

Right,

First off the forum did crash today for those that didnt know, at one point there was 300+ users on at the same time, we were apparently getting 1,000 hits per min it was probably due to

1. People pressing refresh every 10 seconds for about an hour

2. Everyone logging on/visiting other threads while they wait/posting why isnt it out yet

As it stands i have no idea when then forum will be back up but im hoping it will be today (Saturday) although im not putting a time on anything as i dont want to let people down again. I had literally finished the upload and was ready to post the link on the forum, went to refresh it so i could post it and it crashed, hence me frantically trying to get it up, eat my tea & get dressed for work at the same time although to no avail, hence why i posted a thread here to inform you all (i even tried to get into the admin panel to mass email everyone but couldnt) I did email my assistant Richie to post the link as soon as the forum came back if i was still at work but obv it hasnt & also he was out till about the same time i got back so that didnt work either, so as you can see i have been trying to get the update out asap.

So as it stands the forum is down till i dont know when, the update is ready but i wont be posting it here but it will be on the WeeGiE forum some time tomorrow (again im not sure when, im hoping the forum is back up). I am as frustrated as you are, i just want to get the forum back up & running and get the update out as im finished updating for the year then.

Sorry about the silence tonight, i was hoping the forum would be back up by the time i got home & everythin would sort itself out, i havnt been able to log in for the last 8 hrs, although ive had a good laugh reading this thread although quite scared how i seem to be getting stalked off a few people :S

Regards

Michael

Archived