Jeremy Mathieu

AcidBurn

mathieue.jpg

Been playing as Valencia and this guy has been amazing at LB despite his tackling only being 13 he seems comfortable defending or attacking. He is also a sure thing from the penalty spot, scoring 7 times from the spot and twice from open play. Last season he didn't take penalties and averaged 7.39 playing 60 games. I am not sure how much he would set you back at the beginning and there are probably younger and cheaper options out there. This guy however is probably the most reliable left back I have ever had and is second only to Dani Alves for average rating out of all the fullbacks I have ever had.

Anyone else tried him out?

On one of my many Pompey saves, I managed to get a price of £5m agreed in season 2/3 (memory is my downfall!) and he didn't want to join, even on £65k a week, which was my maximum. Valencia wasn't in any European competitions and I was. Boo.

i also used him in midfeild left or at wingback if played a attacking 5-3-2 if was losing. his accurate in putting ball cental was great... he would always make the assist to help us win game. dont know about the FM10 game though.

mathieue.jpg

Been playing as Valencia and this guy has been amazing at LB despite his tackling only being 13 he seems comfortable defending or attacking. He is also a sure thing from the penalty spot, scoring 7 times from the spot and twice from open play. Last season he didn't take penalties and averaged 7.39 playing 60 games. I am not sure how much he would set you back at the beginning and there are probably younger and cheaper options out there. This guy however is probably the most reliable left back I have ever had and is second only to Dani Alves for average rating out of all the fullbacks I have ever had.

Anyone else tried him out?

He's a bit old but does have good pace

Tried him for hull and was very good 12 matches 4 assists 3 goals :):thup:

OLD? He's 27, lol.

I was thinking the same thing haha

Not tried this guy yet, he seems decent. Maybe he would be alright for Man City 1st season, since Wayne Bridge isn't too good.

Has anybody had Mathieu improve at all?

:confused:

27 years old is old...

26 year olds are the maximum age for me to not consider them to be old in football terms

27 is prime age, 30 is getting old and 32+ is old.

But I guess we all have out own different opinions on age, I personally dont buy players over 29, because they best days are behind them and unless they are free or really cheap then it will be a waste of money, once again just my opinion.

I think he can play at any level in the my screenshot that was his season that I won the league so he must be able to perform at the top level. As for his age everyone has their own opinions but I think the screenshot I took is one year in so he starts at 26 meaning he has 6 years at the top before he starts to decline, to me that is nowhere near too old. Each to their own though some people do not buy players in their mid 20's, some do not even buy them over 21 at times.

• 3 months later...

Archived