[RELEASE] Commentary Pack (V1)

JoeLatics

Hello, again, and welcome to the Commentary Pack - Version One!!!!

commpackv1.jpg

Now, hopefully, you all saw the BETA Version, but, just in case you didn't, here's a quick explination of what the pack's all about.

With hundreds and hundreds of lines edited, this pack provides brand new commentary lines!

You'll see some of your old favourite lines in there, alongside hundreds of brand new lines!

Never feel disappointed again when your (all too often :D) 50 yard wonder-goal is greeted with "Nice goal, there"!

Banish the thoughts of winning the Champions League with Ebbsfleet United, and getting "Oh, and they've won it"

With classic lines, such as the evergreen "They think it's all over... it is now!", "He's got a foot like a traction engine", and "Take a bow, son, take a bow!", you'll never be tired of your commentator again; you now have a mixture between Townsend, Motty, Kamara, Andy Grey and more!

All the installation info for V1 is included in the ZIP folder, simply double click the file called "Installation Info", and read it for all your installation needs!

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy the pack!

http://www.filefront.com/15155119/Commentary%20Pack%20V1.zip - Outdated!

Version 1.5

This is getting silly now, the SI fix was actually worse than the one I fixed myself!

To the 29 people who used V1.51, apologies, you'll want to revert to V1.5.

Sorry again,

Joe

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Press Conferences do need a major overhaul imo, I have had a look at the text files and made a few edits myself to see how it works and all.

The commentary looks good, i followed the beta (never downloaded) and it looks promising, will have to DL now :thup:

Was greatly enjoying my first game with it, then hit upon a Crash Dump Error when altering some tactics towards the end of the first half.

Hopefully it's just a coincidence, but will try the game again and let you know. First crash I've had in FM10, though.

The commentary itself is great though, even got me back onto "extended" highlights because I was enjoying reading it so much!

Not sure if it's a bug or a coincidence. After 20-25 minutes of play I suddenly getting a crash dump error. Load the game once again, and still got the crash dump error at 20-25 mins of play. I tried for the third time and still, the same error appeared.

Then I switch back to the original events.cfg and things are back to normal. Not sure whether it's the pack problem of my FM problem. Any idea?

Thanks mates.

Nothin' much to report apart from what everybody else has already said; Littered with 'array out of bounds' errors and crash dumps.

Apart from that, it's a pretty decent pack it has to be said.

By the way, when a goal is scored, isn't something supposed to be said? All I ever see with this pack is "GOAL" flashin' for a good 5 seconds, maybe longer.

Hi all, not been on for a while!

I'm completely bemused at these crash dumps etc, myself and John seriously tested this to the hilt, and got no errors at all!

I'm trawling through the thing to try and find the error(s), although it's a big task, with 1000 events, and, what, about 5 lines each on average?

Thanks a lot for the continued support, this error is really getting to me, and I am doing everything to get rid of the bugger!

Cheers,

Joe

See that's exactly what I don't understand, Cydver, why are some people having 3/4 errors per game, then people like you, and me during testing, getting none at all?!

You didn't need to reinstall, coldlemon, just replace the original file!

If replacing the file didn't work, then I doubt it was the pack at fault.

why are some people having 3/4 errors per game, then people like you, and me during testing, getting none at all?!

Actually, i played for almost half of a season without any problems. Suddenly i started getting the array out of bound messages (didnt bother that much) ans later i had two or three crash dumps in different matches, but i cant say which lines caused it. I know its the pack because i didnt get the crash dumps before and since replacing the file everything is working fine.

As i said, i really hope you guys can sort it out cause the pack is really good and i can imagine the amount of work it took to get it done.

See that's exactly what I don't understand, Cydver, why are some people having 3/4 errors per game, then people like you, and me during testing, getting none at all?!

You didn't need to reinstall, coldlemon, just replace the original file!

If replacing the file didn't work, then I doubt it was the pack at fault.

Even though i replaced the file, there was still array out of bounds.. This never happened until i installed the pack..anyway, i will give it a try later..

i have a problem

i cannot get this to work, i installed the beta on 10.1 fine.

i followed the instructions in the new version perfectly,

i made a backup copy of the original and then replaced it with the new one, (in the same folder we now have a match sounds file)

i then did the preferences this ensuring always reload is ticked.

but nothing.

Make sure you put it in the 10.2 folder, Gazza.

Finding a few minor errors in it, don't think they'll be the cause of the big issues, though!

i am sure i have

its in this folder: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1020\data\events

inside which i have "Match_sounds.cfg" (size:15KB) "copy of events.cfg" (size:16,755KB) and "events.cfg" (size:17,150KB)

No problems for me, works like a charm! Yet to encounter "Take a bow son, take a bow" - like some people above I just get GOAL!!!!! and then GOAL FOR SOUTHAMPTON!!!! and rarely an actual comment about the goal. I'd love to be involved in this somehow, got some great suggestions - can I ask how you edit this? What program to you use to open and edit a .cfg file?

I'd like to add some Andy Gray-ism's, like "That was 6 of one, half a dozen of the other"

Ooh, can I also ask when you're hoping to have the press conferences update sorted? That'll be awesome!

Am also getting "array out of bounds" during games. Although i never really payed attention if it happened at a particular time. Few times in pre-game and mostly at random points during the matches is when it happened to me. Havent had any crash dumps as of yet though.

i am sure i have

its in this folder: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1020\data\events

inside which i have "Match_sounds.cfg" (size:15KB) "copy of events.cfg" (size:16,755KB) and "events.cfg" (size:17,150KB)

Take out the copy of events file, mate.

(I don't seem to have the 10.2 folder there, for some reason, even though my game's running 10.2, but I'm pretty sure that should do it!)

No problems for me, works like a charm! Yet to encounter "Take a bow son, take a bow" - like some people above I just get GOAL!!!!! and then GOAL FOR SOUTHAMPTON!!!! and rarely an actual comment about the goal. I'd love to be involved in this somehow, got some great suggestions - can I ask how you edit this? What program to you use to open and edit a .cfg file?

I'd like to add some Andy Gray-ism's, like "That was 6 of one, half a dozen of the other"

Ooh, can I also ask when you're hoping to have the press conferences update sorted? That'll be awesome!

Just use notepad, mate, it seems that any sort of text editing programme will do it, e.g. Word and so on.

Shoot us a PM if you want to get involved, extra hands are always welcome :)

Archived