FM10 - Lorenzo Crisetig (One of the most promising young DMs in FM10)

BryanKizer

• 3 months later...
Mind me asking what team you are? I signed him in the Jan transfer window of first season as far as I remember...!

Apologies, just seen you're Barcelona... yeah - he's hard to get for any non-massive team.

• 2 weeks later...

I signed him for my Man City team from the start. He was interested. If you're lucky with a high PA, good tutoring and a perfect training schedule he becomes a world class midfielder when he's 19 or 20. He's dubbed the new Cristiano Zanetti in the game.

• 1 month later...

This is Lorenzo Crisetig on my save in the 8th season - 2 years in the under 19's with tutoring from Y.Toure and D. De Rossi then 2 years out on loan in La Liga (always my format with youth prospects) He's now world-class which is pretty cool!!!

Crisetig-1.png

Crisetig2.png

Mate, you congratulated me on Aurier.. I can only do the same with Crisetig! That is awesome.

I didn't relise he got THAT good, great work :thup:

'World-class midfielder' - says it all really!

Your Crisetig puts mine to shame blackskar!!! :D Those attributes given his age, is very impressive. :eek:

Yeah. He's really improved :( Makes me feel very stupid for not getting him on the cheap at the start for the save. Had I noticed this thread earlier I would have!! :p

His PA is a bit random but if it's on the high side, can become one of, if not the best deep-lying playmakers in game. Probably has the best claim to being the next Pirlo compared to the other italian prospects. Will not go to any team though because he starts at Inter, but yes, if he has a high PA, should be a definite must buy and would walk into any first XI by 21.

His PA is a bit random but if it's on the high side, can become one of, if not the best deep-lying playmakers in game. Probably has the best claim to being the next Pirlo compared to the other italian prospects. Will not go to any team though because he starts at Inter, but yes, if he has a high PA, should be a definite must buy and would walk into any first XI by 21.

Never thought of playing him as a deep-lying playmaker but I see him as more of a midfield general - (I mean army general not a general general! :D) I think if you play him as playmaker you lose his defensive qualitites and as his flair is on the low side so thats not for me but having said that his creativity is high and to a certain extent this is not fullt utilised when in a defensive role.

Never thought of playing him as a deep-lying playmaker but I see him as more of a midfield general - (I mean army general not a general general! :D) I think if you play him as playmaker you lose his defensive qualitites and as his flair is on the low side so thats not for me but having said that his creativity is high and to a certain extent this is not fullt utilised when in a defensive role.

By deep-lying playmaker I mean somebody who can effectively spread the ball around from deep, maintains the tempo of the team and often playing pin point long balls to the wings or feeding it to a more advance central attacker. To that extent flair is not as important as you're not running upfield with the ball. Think Pirlo, Xavi, Alonso and to a certain extent Scholes during the weekend against Man City and Riquelme during the Olympics where he was sitting a bit deeper than usual to orchestrate play rather than dribble. To that end I don't think the defence suffers as a DLP rarely gets into the box and depending on how you set him up, often plays near the center circle and goes forward only to support attacks. The role of a midfield general and deep-lying playmaker overlaps to a certain extent, but the playmaker is a bit more specific in his role.

A deep lying playmaker is like a quarter back, there is no need for flair, just pure carnage with the passing.
By deep-lying playmaker I mean somebody who can effectively spread the ball around from deep, maintains the tempo of the team and often playing pin point long balls to the wings or feeding it to a more advance central attacker. To that extent flair is not as important as you're not running upfield with the ball. Think Pirlo, Xavi, Alonso and to a certain extent Scholes during the weekend against Man City and Riquelme during the Olympics where he was sitting a bit deeper than usual to orchestrate play rather than dribble. To that end I don't think the defence suffers as a DLP rarely gets into the box and depending on how you set him up, often plays near the center circle and goes forward only to support attacks. The role of a midfield general and deep-lying playmaker overlaps to a certain extent, but the playmaker is a bit more specific in his role.

Yes I do agree that the flair of a deep-lying playmaker is not as impotant as I stated earlier - but for me hes more of a De Rossi, Vieria, Roy keane type of player who is a defensive beast but at the same tiime is very good on the ball and pretty creative. I just think hes a tenacious player first and creative player second and to a certain extent you for go his defensive qualities by playing him as deep-lying playmaker.

Please fill me in on how he does in that role should you play him there though. :thup:

Yes I do agree that the flair of a deep-lying playmaker is not as impotant as I stated earlier - but for me hes more of a De Rossi, Vieria, Roy keane type of player who is a defensive beast but at the same tiime is very good on the ball and pretty creative. I just think hes a tenacious player first and creative player second and to a certain extent you for go his defensive qualities by playing him as deep-lying playmaker.

Please fill me in on how he does in that role should you play him there though. :thup:

De Rossi yes, but he's probably one of the most complete midfielders around. Maybe Miguel Veloso as well? I can't imagine Viera or even Keane at their pomp having 18 for passing or creativity. He's a midfield destroyer yes, but can do so much more. Whether he's a tenacious or creativity player first depends on how you set him up.

He's been doing great for me so far, sitting in front of the defence and spraying passes around. I play him at DMC as a deep-lying playmaker defend with PPMs plays long passes and controls tempo. He is the link between my attack and defence and someone you would describe as the hearbeat of the team, much like Xavi for Barcelona. Numerous times he's played a good ball over the top to start a counter attack or swift break on the wings. Also his high composure and decision ratings mean he seldom picks up cards, or the wrong option during a pass, and you can also tutor him to slightly lower his aggression. Scores the odd long range shot from outside the box, but his main job is to distribute play to the more attacking minded players from deep. I imagine he would do even better if played at MC as a deep-lying playmaker support or box-to-box alongside a ball winning midfielder, as that would allow him more freedom to join the attack and make runs into the box (bear in mind he's a good header of the ball too!) but as it is, I prefer him shielding the defence and setting the tempo for my team. He's not always turn out well on every save though, but when he does he's world class :)

Cool sounds good zychan! Yeah in relation to Keane and Vieria I meant Crisetig had the defensive qualitites of Vieria and Keane but also was very good on the ball and quite creative - I was not saying Vieria and Keane were very creative players although they were not just anchor men like a Gattuso or Mascharano (spl) - my wording before was quite confussing.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got him at the start of the second season for Real Madrid and got De Rossi to tutor him and what are good PPMs for him to learn?

I guess it depens on how you want to play him. I have:

Tries killer balls often

Marks opponent tightly

Looks for pass rather than attempting to score

Stops play

Maybe look to stay on feet when tackling a player, simple passing game, come deep to get ball, places shots. (always nice to have but more for forwards)

I guess it depens on how you want to play him. I have:

Tries killer balls often

Marks opponent tightly

Looks for pass rather than attempting to score

Stops play

Maybe look to stay on feet when tackling a player, simple passing game, come deep to get ball, places shots. (always nice to have but more for forwards)

I would have him play long balls actually, instead of a simple passing game, but I guess it depends if you want a Xavi or a Xabi Alonso :D Place shots is not nearly neccessary as he doesn't have enough good enough long shots or finishing. Controls tempo is a good one to have if you play him as a deep -lying playmaker.

Archived