FM10 Burnley F.C Thread - Premier Clarets

ben679

new-burnley-fc-logo.png

Brief history

They were founder members of The Football league in 1888. The club colours are claret and ue, giving rise to their nickname of The Clarets, and their home ground since 1883 has been Turf Moor. They are currently managed by Owen Coyle.

Burnley have been Football league champions twice, in 1920-1921 and 1959-1960, and have won the FA cup once, in 1914. The Clarets also reached the 1961 quarter-finals of the European cup. They are one of only three teams to have won all top four professional divisions of English football.

The club has spent most of its history in England's top two divisions, but remained outside the top flight from 1976 to 2009 From 1985 to 1992 they had a seven-year spell in the lowest tier of the Football League. In 1987 they narrowly avoided relegation to the conference. Between 2000 and 2009 they played in the second tier of English football, until they gained promotion to the Premier league for the first time in 33 years after winning the 2009 Football league Championship play off final. After winning their first four home games, they are now the most successful newly promoted team at home with straight wins, beating the previous record of 3 set by Blackburn Rovers.

Nation - England

Year foundation - 1882

Status - Professional

Reputation - National

Chairman status - Loves the club

Legends - Leighton James, Brian Miller, Harry Potts, Jimmy Mcllroy, Jimmy Anderson and Martin Dobson.

Icons - Andy Payton, Ray Pointer, Ralph Coates, Willie Irvine, John Connelly,

Frank Casper, Andy Lochhead, Jimmy Robinson, Alex Elder, Colin McDonald,

Dave Thomas, David Eyers, Glen Little, Steve Davis, Billy Hamilton, Stan Ternent,

Jimmy Mullen, Robble Blake, Billy Flynn, Ian Britton.

Favoured personnel - Owen Coyle, Brian Jensen, Ade Akinbiyi, Kevin Ball,

Graham branch, Gary Cahill.

Fierce Rivals - Blackburn Rovers, Preston and Blackpool.

Other rivals - Bolton, Leeds Man City.

Finance - Secure,

Average Ticket Price - £19

Average Season Ticket Price - £345

Season Ticket Holders - 17500

Estimated Value - £27.5m

Stadium - 22516

Training Facillties - Good

Youth facillties - Average

Transfer Budget - 200k

I will give it a go. I'm not a Burnley fan and I don't know their team in details IRL so my squad review might be a little off from reality.

Squad summary:

The whole squad is on the brink between Premiership and Championship quality. A strong point is that many of the players are able to cover more than one position. This should help you if you decide to offload some fringe players to raise money. Lack of speed is evident in every area of the pitch. Also the team lacks width and if you want to play wide this is where you should spend you budget. There are no exciting prospects here. Just many average players that are drafted to save the team from relegation.

GK

Summary: Could be upgraded but during the first season GK's are not widely available within the budget. A better first team choice should be Penny for his better distribution and lower Eccentricity.

Brian Jensen - 34 year old long serving keeper. First choice IRL but handicapped in the game. His low stats for kicking and throwing relegate him to the bench.

Diego Penny - 25 year old Peruvian. Good stats for reflex, handling and agility but his positioning is a concern.

DC

Summary: Andre Bikey is probably the outstanding player in this position. His physical attributes are top notch. Very good stats except maybe for his concentration. I would recommend getting one additional decent player if you manage to offload some of the squad players.

Stephen Caldwell - Club captain. Very slow defender. Should not be used with defensive line high up the pitch. Can contribute towards your transfer budget.

Andre Bikey - physical attributes are top notch. Very good stats except maybe for his concentration. Shoild be in your first team.

Clarke Carlisle - probably the other first teamer. He doesn't shine in any particular area but doesn't disapoint either.

David Edgar - Very similar to Clarke Carlisle. Has some strong arguments for a starting place ahead of him.

Michael Duff - A possible candidate for the transfer list. His stats are diminishing and time isn't on his side.

DR

Summary: Three players are probably too much in this position as some of the centre halves and midfielders can cover as well. I would probably look to offload one or even two if a good offer comes in. Replacement is not urgent. Can wait until next season.

Richard Eckersley - Not yet ready for first team. According to the assistant never will be.

Graham Alexander - A veteran but with very good stats. Of course speed is not one of his assets but he is very influential and would make a good captain should you choose to offload Caldwell (like I did). Also the best penalty taker. Very useful to have at least on the bench.

Tyrone Mears - Battling it out with Alexander for the starting spot. Prettty fast and can cross a decent ball.

DL

Summary: Three players of witch maybe two should be kept. Urgent replacements are not needed here as well.

Christian Kalvenes - Not the fastest player but the rest of the stats should guarantee him

Stephen Jordan - Average in every way. Decent backup but Easton is younger so should probably be transfer listed.

Brian Easton - A recent aquisition to the squad. Suitable backup. Good to have on the bench as he can cover at CD as well.

DM/CM

Summary: A bunch of average mostly defensive midfielders. Two around the 30 year mark and two young ones. Who should you keep should be determined by the style you want to play as their ability is very similar.

Remco vad der Schaaf - Agressivness and bravery are his strong points. Can play in multiple positions wich makes him handy on the bench. Also good in the air. Can be offloaded if a suitable offer comes in.

Chris McCann - Probably has the best stats but just barely. He is young and probably will get at least a little increase with time. Also worth noting is that he is one of only two players who can play on the left.

Joey Gudjonsson - Just a little better than van der Shaaf in everything except in his areal ability.

Kevin McDonald - Young and worth keeping unles a very good offer comes in. Has decent stats except for areal ability.

Wings

Summary: Only two players in this position. Both very good compared to the rest of the squad but insufficient. This is where your tiny transfer budget should be spent. You can also look at some free players like Kiki Musampa. In addition you can rotate those two with McCann on the left.

Wade Elliot - Best dribbler in the squad and best crosser. Physical stats are OK. You should have no hesitation putting him on the right.

Chris Eagles - A natural right foot but can be used on the left side to accomodate both wingers in your squad.

FC/ST

Summary: Two young ones and two in their thirties. There is evident lack of speed amongst them. It's hard to decide who should start. None of them is much ahead of the others. You should probably want to bring in a pacy striker

Robbie Blake - Getting old and slow, but his experience is very useful. You won't get much for offloading him so my suggestion is to use utilize him. One possible role for him is 'Trequartista'.

Steven Fletcher - Evenly spread out stats. Young and with potential. Has good teamwork score and decent heading so he can be used as target man.

Dave Nugent - The on loan striker adds nothing that otherwise lacks in your squad. Probably would only play in case of two or more injuries to other strikers. If you manage to bring in another striker you can easily terminate his loan since he gets the highest wages in the squad.

Martin Paterson - The most pacy striker in your squad. A pity that the rest of the stats are poor. Can be offloaded as he is Championship quality.

Steven Thompson - Very strong and suitable for target men. Similar to Fletcher. Better in the air than him but slower. You should decide what is more important for your team.

Possible transfer targets:

Jorge Andrade, DC - Available for free. Experienced defender that can do a job if you sell some defenders to raise money

Sol Campbell, DC - Free. Strong but won't bring the desired speed to your team.

Sebastian Viera, GK - Free. Probably won't get him but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

Beckham, M RC - Available for about 500k. You can get at least two productive seasons out him and he seems willing to join a struggling team in the Premiership.

Kiki Musampa - Winger available for free. You should definitely be after him since you are short on wingers.

Henri Camara - Free. Pacier than your strikers and also can dribble the ball. You can offer him a contract for a year or two until you can afford better.

I hope my little contribution is useful to you.

Have fun playing the game.

Did they fire you even you got relegated? I think I'm about to be relegated but just trying to figure out if the board fires you after you get relagated.. I might as well resign before with my reputation intact and find some other club.. :)

I managed to finish 14-th in my first season. Mostly thanks to some free transfers. I got:

Kiki Musampa for free

Henri Camara for free

Christian Vieri for free (perfect target men)

Then I sold some of the squad players and got

Aron Gunnarson from Coventry for 2.5 mil

and Petter Andersson from Groeningen for another 2.5 mil

I started with flat 4-4-2 but after having little success I switched to a diamond in midfield with AM-CM-CM-DM and played mostly with defensive mentality. This really turned my season around and led me to memorable draws with Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool as well as hard fought victories over Tottenham and Southampton(A).

In the start of second season I got 14.5 mil for transfers witch was way more than I expected so I had almost complete overhaul. I managed to get:

Beckham for free - his contract was up and nobody else was interested. Agreed to just 14k.

Dudek for free - surely will give me at least two good seasons and enough time to look for someone younger and better.

Nicholas Otamendi - bought him because he is highly recommended on these boards but he's been average at most.

Maldonado for free - decent forward

Bojinov for free - used to be a legend on older versions. Now he's just a fairly good pacey striker.

Mendes da Silva from AZ for 5 mil. Very good DM and immediately went to cover my diamond defensively. Expensive but very, very good acquisition.

I also got a bunch of youngsters some on free and some on small fees. I won't mention all of them.

I'm currently 5-th after 10 games but I've played mostly lower teams so far. I'm expecting a very good season if no injuries occur.

I hope that helps.

I finished 8 th with burnley screenshots will come just say what are you interested to see :)

hv5coh.jpg

So i tooked Dubarbier on Loan option to buy 1.6 from CFR Cluj ...very solid AML he went to world cup to play with argentinian squad

Andy ven der Meyde on free good back-up and Nacho Novo on loan after Dave Nugent left us in january

Penny

Mears-Bikey-Caldwell-Jordan

Eagles(Eliott)-MacDonald-Gudjonhson-Dubarbier

Paterson-Nugent(Fletcher)

Just started a new game as Burnley with no transfer budgets in the first window. Using the exact team as real life and try to achieve or do better than what Owen Coyle as done so far.(16 points from 12 games)

But i have failed miserably, Only 6 points from 12 games. Was infront twice at Stoke but then Mears got sent off and ended up loosing 3-2, Then we did take the lead against Manchester United but we could not hold on.

I went attacking at Chelsea and ended up with a real drumming 6-0! I was unlucky at Liverpool was heading for a 2-2 draw then Carlise got sent off and Carragher scored 5 mins from the end.

One thing i did do better is i got to the 4th round of the league cup loosing 1-0 away at Birmingham.

95399223.jpg

31113532.jpg

Think in January i am going to sign a few new players.

For the first season try getting Jim Brennan. He will do a job on the left wing for a year or so.

Muniesa from Barcelona, loan?

Viduka on a free transfer.

I'm now in my fourth season with Burnley. My team is:

Joe Hart

Fabio

Bikey

Evans

Rafinha

Nani

Diaby

McCann

Lucas

Pennant

Agbonlahor

Currently on course for a top 4 finish :D

• 1 month later...

I had been told to do the official Burnley thread but obviously somebody took it upon themselves to set up a small one but its not a problem. Here's what I have:

BURNLEY FC

A Short History

Burnley FC were founded in 1882 having previously been a rugby club. Shortly after forming Burnley moved into Turf Moor and have been situated there ever since. One of the founder members of the football league in 1888, Burnley’s first honour was a second division title in 1897-1898 and just before the outbreak of the First World War they won the FA Cup for the only time in the club’s history, securing a 1-0 win over Liverpool. Skipping ahead to the late 1950’s, Burnley had become one of the strongest teams in the land. After several unsuccessful title challenges, the 1959/1960 season finally saw Burnley’s reputation as a big club justified with a league title, gained in dramatic style on the final day of the season. This to date is Burnley’s last top division title. After 2 European campaigns in the 1960’s, Burnley started to decline. After yoyo-ing between the first and second division Burnley descended to the fourth division, the football league’s basement. When automatic relegation was introduced to the Vauxhall conference for the bottom team in the fourth division, possibly the biggest game in the clubs history was brought about. As Burnley sat in bottom place with one game to go, the game now known as ‘The Orient Game’ was Burnley’s only escape. Thousand’s witnessed a stirring 2-1 win that kept the club in the football league by a whisker. It is widely believed that if Burnley had fallen out of the football league, they would never have returned. In 1992 Burnley escaped the fourth division and shortly afterwards were promoted further after a 2-1 playoff final win at Wembley against Stockport County thanks to goals from David Eyres and Gary Parkinson. Unfortunately relegation followed the next season but this was to be the club’s last relegation to date. The 1999/2000 season saw Burnley promoted to the Nationwide Division One after finishing second in the league and the next 9 seasons were spent in what became the Coca-Cola Championship. The 08/09 season was a truly memorable season. Under the astute management of Owen Coyle, Burnley recorded wins over, Fulham, Chelsea and Arsenal on their way to the semi final of the League Cup. This set up a two leg tie against Tottenham and after a disappointing 4-1 loss in the first leg at White Hart Lane a thrilling Turf Moor evening saw Burnley just moments from their first appearance at the new Wembley. Taking a 3-0 lead after 90 minutes, Burnley had to see out extra time to win by the away goals rule. With 2 minutes to spare Roman Pavlyuchenko broke Burnley hearts with a goal that rendered Burnley deflated and defeated. Despite many believing that Burnley’s season would suffer as a result of their cup endeavours, Owen Coyle continued to motivate his players and 5th place was achieved and a play-off spot earned. After an aggregate 3-0 win over Reading in the semi finals, Burnley’s marathon season fittingly concluded at Wembley. Half of the town’s population made the trip down to North London for the game dubbed as ‘the £60 million game’ and they weren’t disappointed as Wade Elliott’s 13th minute strike fired Burnley into the Premier League.

Game Info

Nickname: The Clarets

Manager: Owen Coyle

Chairman: Barry Kilby

Chairman Status: Loves the Club

Year Founded 1882

Legends: Jimmy McIlroy, Harry Potts, Brian Miller, Leighton James, Jimmy Adamson, Martin Dobson

Icons: Andy Payton, Dave Thomas, Frank Casper, Ray Pointer, Andy Lochhead, Willie Irvine, Colin McDonald, Alex Elder, John Connelly, Jimmy Robspn, Ralph Coates, Glen Little, David Eyres, Steve Davis, Billy Hamilton, Jimmy Mullen, Stan Ternent, Robbie Blake, Billy Flynn, Ian Britton

Favoured Personnel: Owen Coyle, Brian Jensen, Ade Akinbiyi, Kevin Ball, Graham Branch, Steven Caldwell, Gary Cahill

Fierce Rivals: Blackburn, Preston, Blackpool

Other Rivals: Bolton, Leeds, Man City

Finances: Secure

Average Ticket Price: £19

Average Season Ticket Price: £345

Season Ticket Holders: Around 17000

Estimated Value: £30.5 million

Media Prediction: 19th

Squad Personality: Very Determined

Ground: Turf Moor (22516 all seater)

Good Training Facilities

Average Youth Facilities

Squad Analysis

Keepers: Diego Penny is the strongest keeper on the game and he is more than good enough to play in the Premiership. Brian Jensen is a decent back up choice but is not agile enough to start consistently. There are no strong youth prospects in net.

Defenders: At right back there are two options, the quick Tyrone Mears or the more technique based Graham Alexander. This is a preference thing and may be affected by whether you like to use attacking wing backs. At left back there are three possible choices, Stephen Jordan is probably marginally better than the other two because he’s consistently decent across all his attributes. Christian Kalvenes is technically similar to Jordan but is slightly slower and Brian Easton has the potential to be better than Jordan however at the start of the game he is quicker but otherwise inadequate to the standards of the premiership. At centre back there is Andre Bikey, who is excellent and one of the first names on the team sheet. As for the other centre back your scouts will recommend Clarke Carlisle who is strong aerially, but I find that David Edgar is actually as good as Bikey (although your scouts won’t tell you that).

Midfield: On the right wing Wade Elliott and Chris Eagles are reasonably similar at the start of the game, both in right midfield and on the right wing. However Wade Elliott’s stats are declining as Chris Eagles are rising so I would go with Chris Eagles predominantly with Elliott being a ‘supersub’! The left side of midfield needs improvement with the only options being Chris McCann (a centre mid really) and Robbie Blake (only just able to compete in the prem) some transfer suggestions are given further down. The squads two defensive midfielders are Joey Gudjonsson and Remco Van Der Schaaf with Gudjonsson the stronger option. The two centre mids are Chris McCann and Kevin McDonald who are both young and will develop in to quality prem players.

Forwards: Steve Fletcher has the potential to be one of the league’s best strikers and is a must start. Martin Paterson is quick and can finish fairly well whilst on loan David Nugent holds similar qualities. Steve Thompson is a decent target man but can also be sold to raise funds and Jay Rodriguez is okay at the start and develops into a good premiership striker capable of about 15 goals a year.

Possible Transfers:

Jorge Andrade- despite the fact that centre back isn’t a concern Andrade is a top quality player and if you are prepared to pay his high wages then he gives solidity to the back line. Available as a free agent

Stephen Appiah- if you are planning to play with an anchorman then look no further than Appiah! Even better he’s available for a grand total of zilch.

Ebi Smolarek- despite Burnley possessing a strong front line Smolarek is a decent signing and in a similar mould to Paterson perhaps being slightly better in the air.

Jakub Poulsen- A possible solution to the left wing problem. A good set piece taker and strikes a good long shot. Available for just under £1 million

Landon Donovan- Quite simply a must buy. A quality player in any attacking midfield role or upfront. Available on a pre contract at the start of the game and will arrive in January with no compensation needed.

Final word: My advice would be not to overbuy. Burnley have a good squad which is capable of staying up with just a few minor tweaks. The worst thing that you can do is upset the squad harmony. Look to pass the ball with a good tempo and best of luck to anyone who decides to take on the challenge, hope you find this helpful!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My Burnley experience:

I only ever play as Burnley, or a really low league team, on FM. I just can't bring myself to manage another team! You start (on my patch) with only 300k, so the first mission is to bring in some funds, as the weaknesses at Burnley are in basically every position. The only two players of real quality are Andre Bikey and Chris Eagles. Keep these two at any cost!!!

SELL McCann - 4 million. (Sunderland)

SELL Rodriguez - 1.6 million. (Sunderland)

SELL Duff 400k (Coventry)

SELL Kalvenes 550k (QPR)

SELL Jordan 750k (Coventry)

SELL Gudjonnson 700k (Nott. Forest)

SELL Carlisle 750k (Nott. Forest)

SELL Thompson 550k (Boro)

TOTAL IN 9.25 Million. Not too bad for a start. Now you have a transfer budget!! Yes, McCann and Rodriguez are two of the more promising players but you can't build a team with 300k.

I then signed (all paying over 48 months thus freeing up even more funds):

Ferrie Bodde (1.5 Million) - I would really recommend signing this guy. I still have him, and he's worth about 5/6 million now. Quality player. 18 passing, works well as a CM or DM. i prefer him as a CM tracking back.

Idan Tal (60k) - very good player to tide you on in midfield... didn't play a massive amount of games but has some quality about him.

Matthew Booth (80k) - I still have this guy 3 seasons on despite his age. Real leader, really solid CB. Bargain too. Offer him good wages as there is stiff competition.

Nicky Shorey (550k Loan Fee) - left back is a weak area. Easton ends up OK, but isn't ood enough to start with. Shorey wasn't great but he will tide you on for a bit. Don't sign him permanently, he isn't good enough long term in my opinion.

Kikin Fonseca (1 million) - good target man. i kept him for two seasons and let him go on a free as I thought I could do better. I am starting to regret letting him go - solid player who puts a lot of effort in.

Iliasu Shilla (Free) - one of my best signings. Offer him the highest wage possible. I sold him for 3.5 million later on to raise funds and the fans went mad!! Left footed so works well with Bikey/Booth. I now had 3 quality CB's

Enyeama (550k) - sign this guy at any cost! Offer him as much as possible. I sold him two seasons later for 7.5 million to raise funds.

Eduardo Salvio (4 million) - 3 seasons later this guy is coming into his own. Not too bad of a signing, seeming worth it now, though not for you if you want an instant impact.

James Rodriguez (1.2 Million) - quite a good AMC, can become a good Prem player

Jonjo Shelvey (3.6 Million) - I'm not very good at getting the best out of AMC's, so why I spent this much on him I'll never know. Gets very, very good however. man U knocking on my door for him.

Lukman Haruna (2 million) - not the best of signings. Does become good, but takes ages and is stroppy.

Robert Snodgrass (3 Million) - not the best. Did a job when no-one else wanted to come!

In the end I finished 17th, losing the last game of the season which I thought I needed to win, but Portsmouth lost and went down 1 point below me :).

Season 2 I had a massive budget and signed Yohann Mollo (14m), Yohann Pele (6m) , Gignac (14m), Miranda from Sau Paulo (14m), Otamendi (5m), joe Mattock (1.6m) and Jano Anadrize (500k) who I actually signed ages ago but wan't allowed to move until now. These signings kept me at 12th Position by the end of the season. All paid for over 48 months.

I used TUGS training and the Tactic called TYPHOON. Loan out the young lads for fees if you can to raise more cash. Luis Guilherme, young keeper, looks promising as does Barry Maguire, some dutch guy.

I'll update my third season when I complete it.

• 2 weeks later...

Im currently in Jan in my 1st season and have signed:

sebastien vieira - free

simone zaza - 30k

matthias jorgensen - 2.3m

danny wilson - 2.9m

james rodriquez - 2.4m (chose us over real madrid and juventus)

lukman haruna - 4.7m

luis guillherme - 5k

have sold a lot of players, but did raise 17mil in funds and have sold fletcher for 6 million in jan, so im looking for a striker now, any ideas ?

We are 12th in the league and my team is :

viera

fox bikey jorgensen mears

haruna

mccann mcdonald

james rodriguez eagles

jay rodriguez ( looking for a permanent option )

although i have only really bought young players im still doing well with what i have, and am only going to improve

How do i post pictures people?
How do I Post a Screenshot?

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press 'Prt Sc', normally next to or near F12 on your keyboard

4. Open Paint, or a similar program

5. Paste the image by either pressing 'Ctrl + V' or going to edit, then paste.

6. Save the file as a JPEG

7. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

8. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Or

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager after Football Manager 2008 is open

3. Press Alt+F9

4. A screenshot of what you want will be saved in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager __\Screenshots

5. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

6. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Both of the above are for Windows (all versions)

3. Press Apple key, Shift, and 3 keys all together to take a screenshot of the whole screen.

4. Save the file as a JPEG

Or

3. Press Apple key, Shift, and 4 keys all together to take a screenshot of part of the screen.

4. Save the file as a JPEG

Im currently in Jan in my 1st season and have signed:

sebastien vieira - free

simone zaza - 30k

matthias jorgensen - 2.3m

danny wilson - 2.9m

james rodriquez - 2.4m (chose us over real madrid and juventus)

lukman haruna - 4.7m

luis guillherme - 5k

have sold a lot of players, but did raise 17mil in funds and have sold fletcher for 6 million in jan, so im looking for a striker now, any ideas ?

We are 12th in the league and my team is :

viera

fox bikey jorgensen mears

haruna

mccann mcdonald

james rodriguez eagles

jay rodriguez ( looking for a permanent option )

although i have only really bought young players im still doing well with what i have, and am only going to improve

You should try and sign Vaclav Kadlec, you can get him fair cheap from Sparta Prague in the first season, i got him for 2.2 and he's worth £6 million now.

He got me lots of vital goals.

I also got a defender from Sheff Wed 'Mark Beevers' i managed to get him for 1.2 mil.

Their chairman usually accepts the offer 'too good to refuse' or something. :thup:

He's in the England U'21s for me and as been solid along side Bikey for me. He's only 20 at the start of the game too, so thats a defender sorted for about 10 seasons haha.

His stats have shot up now 16 for tackling, marking and heading, a few clubs are intrested in him at the end of my first season as Burnley, including Man Utd. But i think i am going to keep hold of him.

So i recommend signing Beever's even if you don't play him, he gets class and you can make a profit on him.

Iv been looking at kadlec, but hes not to good on my game, because his stats are random i think ? and they want 6.5 mil for him as im in january, also looked at beevers, he can turn out really good, but i need attacking players as im not scoring enough

Ah yeah, i never realised he was set to random.

I signed this player Bjorn Vleminkx, i'm not sure what he looks like at the start of the game. I signed him in january when i saw his workrate and teamwork were both 20. Not a fast prolific striker but a strong hard working target man and will create goals for others.

72455931.jpg

65216985.jpg

Only cost around 1 mil too i think, so was well within my small budget range.

I also signed a young romanian attacking mid/forward, who was good enough to go straight into my first team even at his young age.

Cost me 2.2 mill but well worth it, here his how he looks 3 seasons in on my Burnley game.

90430781.jpg

I also got a very fast and creative left winger from shaktar called 'Willian' but i got him on a free transfer at the start of the 3rd season, so not sure if you can get him at the start.

I got a screenie of who i signed in my first season. I thought i got that bjorn vleminx in my first season but must have got him second, been that long now since my 1st season i'm getting confused.

Bare in mind i got relegated in my first season lol but i did bounce straight back up!

25168853.jpg

Bogdan Stancu, you should sign him can't beileve i forgot about him. I got him in January for 2 mil and he got me bags of goals, Not sure how he looked at when i first signed him, but this is how he looks now.

84880615.jpg

Sold him to Cardiff in the end as he was moaning and in last year of his contract & would not sign a new contract so i cashed in 6.5 mil for him, a nice profit.

44237265.jpg

As you can see he should get you some goals. :thup:

I got a screenie of who i signed in my first season. I thought i got that bjorn vleminx in my first season but must have got him second, been that long now since my 1st season i'm getting confused.

Bare in mind i got relegated in my first season lol but i did bounce straight back up!

25168853.jpg

Bogdan Stancu, you should sign him can't beileve i forgot about him. I got him in January for 2 mil and he got me bags of goals, Not sure how he looked at when i first signed him, but this is how he looks now.

84880615.jpg

Sold him to Cardiff in the end as he was moaning and in last year of his contract & would not sign a new contract so i cashed in 6.5 mil for him, a nice profit.

44237265.jpg

As you can see he should get you some goals. :thup:

he looks good. will look in to him. totally of the quetion what skin u using?

Stancu looks like he was a good buy! Keep up the good work mate.

Thanks, yeah he was. He got me alot of vital goals and made me a nice tidy profit too.

Stancu looks like he could be a good buy, you did well to get kakuta for 1 mil !! he turns out amazing, will try and get him 2nd season.

Yeah i got him at the start of the game and he was unavailable to play untill January cause of his global ban. He his coming along steadily now. :thup:

he looks good. will look in to him. totally of the quetion what skin u using?

Its the base2010 dark skin by michealtmurray from the skinning hideout, but i have changed a few things to my own prefrence.

Thanks, yeah he was. He got me alot of vital goals and made me a nice tidy profit too.

Yeah i got him at the start of the game and he was unavailable to play untill January cause of his global ban. He his coming along steadily now. :thup:

Its the base2010 dark skin by michealtmurray from the skinning hideout, but i have changed a few things to my own prefrence.

nice one thanks

Just started a game with Burnley

36097639.jpg

45897967.jpg

Going alright so far. Staff wise I like bringing back old club favourites like Kevin Ball as asst and Martin Dobson as scout. And as for players I tend to go for workhorses like Nick Montgomery from Sheffield United and Linderoth. Has anyone tried Rory Delap and his long throws for Burnley because he's unhappy at Stoke? I guess I must sound like the anti-Owen Coyle with my team running methods but I'm hoping it'll keep us up:p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have more or less decided to give Burnley shoot for a tactic I have in development, Im trying to decide if I should be guttsy, do some transfers and set my eyes on european competitions, or atleast top half (should be doable if i can get in the right players)

I will give it a go. I'm not a Burnley fan and I don't know their team in details IRL so my squad review might be a little off from reality.

Squad summary:

The whole squad is on the brink between Premiership and Championship quality. A strong point is that many of the players are able to cover more than one position. This should help you if you decide to offload some fringe players to raise money. Lack of speed is evident in every area of the pitch. Also the team lacks width and if you want to play wide this is where you should spend you budget. There are no exciting prospects here. Just many average players that are drafted to save the team from relegation.

GK

Summary: Could be upgraded but during the first season GK's are not widely available within the budget. A better first team choice should be Penny for his better distribution and lower Eccentricity.

Brian Jensen - 34 year old long serving keeper. First choice IRL but handicapped in the game. His low stats for kicking and throwing relegate him to the bench.

Diego Penny - 25 year old Peruvian. Good stats for reflex, handling and agility but his positioning is a concern.

DC

Summary: Andre Bikey is probably the outstanding player in this position. His physical attributes are top notch. Very good stats except maybe for his concentration. I would recommend getting one additional decent player if you manage to offload some of the squad players.

Stephen Caldwell - Club captain. Very slow defender. Should not be used with defensive line high up the pitch. Can contribute towards your transfer budget.

Andre Bikey - physical attributes are top notch. Very good stats except maybe for his concentration. Shoild be in your first team.

Clarke Carlisle - probably the other first teamer. He doesn't shine in any particular area but doesn't disapoint either.

David Edgar - Very similar to Clarke Carlisle. Has some strong arguments for a starting place ahead of him.

Michael Duff - A possible candidate for the transfer list. His stats are diminishing and time isn't on his side.

DR

Summary: Three players are probably too much in this position as some of the centre halves and midfielders can cover as well. I would probably look to offload one or even two if a good offer comes in. Replacement is not urgent. Can wait until next season.

Richard Eckersley - Not yet ready for first team. According to the assistant never will be.

Graham Alexander - A veteran but with very good stats. Of course speed is not one of his assets but he is very influential and would make a good captain should you choose to offload Caldwell (like I did). Also the best penalty taker. Very useful to have at least on the bench.

Tyrone Mears - Battling it out with Alexander for the starting spot. Prettty fast and can cross a decent ball.

DL

Summary: Three players of witch maybe two should be kept. Urgent replacements are not needed here as well.

Christian Kalvenes - Not the fastest player but the rest of the stats should guarantee him

Stephen Jordan - Average in every way. Decent backup but Easton is younger so should probably be transfer listed.

Brian Easton - A recent aquisition to the squad. Suitable backup. Good to have on the bench as he can cover at CD as well.

DM/CM

Summary: A bunch of average mostly defensive midfielders. Two around the 30 year mark and two young ones. Who should you keep should be determined by the style you want to play as their ability is very similar.

Remco vad der Schaaf - Agressivness and bravery are his strong points. Can play in multiple positions wich makes him handy on the bench. Also good in the air. Can be offloaded if a suitable offer comes in.

Chris McCann - Probably has the best stats but just barely. He is young and probably will get at least a little increase with time. Also worth noting is that he is one of only two players who can play on the left.

Joey Gudjonsson - Just a little better than van der Shaaf in everything except in his areal ability.

Kevin McDonald - Young and worth keeping unles a very good offer comes in. Has decent stats except for areal ability.

Wings

Summary: Only two players in this position. Both very good compared to the rest of the squad but insufficient. This is where your tiny transfer budget should be spent. You can also look at some free players like Kiki Musampa. In addition you can rotate those two with McCann on the left.

Wade Elliot - Best dribbler in the squad and best crosser. Physical stats are OK. You should have no hesitation putting him on the right.

Chris Eagles - A natural right foot but can be used on the left side to accomodate both wingers in your squad.

FC/ST

Summary: Two young ones and two in their thirties. There is evident lack of speed amongst them. It's hard to decide who should start. None of them is much ahead of the others. You should probably want to bring in a pacy striker

Robbie Blake - Getting old and slow, but his experience is very useful. You won't get much for offloading him so my suggestion is to use utilize him. One possible role for him is 'Trequartista'.

Steven Fletcher - Evenly spread out stats. Young and with potential. Has good teamwork score and decent heading so he can be used as target man.

Dave Nugent - The on loan striker adds nothing that otherwise lacks in your squad. Probably would only play in case of two or more injuries to other strikers. If you manage to bring in another striker you can easily terminate his loan since he gets the highest wages in the squad.

Martin Paterson - The most pacy striker in your squad. A pity that the rest of the stats are poor. Can be offloaded as he is Championship quality.

Steven Thompson - Very strong and suitable for target men. Similar to Fletcher. Better in the air than him but slower. You should decide what is more important for your team.

Possible transfer targets:

Jorge Andrade, DC - Available for free. Experienced defender that can do a job if you sell some defenders to raise money

Sol Campbell, DC - Free. Strong but won't bring the desired speed to your team.

Sebastian Viera, GK - Free. Probably won't get him but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

Beckham, M RC - Available for about 500k. You can get at least two productive seasons out him and he seems willing to join a struggling team in the Premiership.

Kiki Musampa - Winger available for free. You should definitely be after him since you are short on wingers.

Henri Camara - Free. Pacier than your strikers and also can dribble the ball. You can offer him a contract for a year or two until you can afford better.

I hope my little contribution is useful to you.

Have fun playing the game.

No It Ent:(:(:(

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there guys :)

Im looking to start a save with Burnley, with the ultimate challenge of trying to keep them in the Premiership, but before I start, ive just got a couple of questions :).

Firstly, as Burnley have such a large squad, which players do you look to sell when you first start? and which players loans do you terminate?

Secondly, what players do you bring in?

This is on Patch 10.3 by the way.

Any help would be great, thanks

ITFC 1

just had one of my most enjoyable fm experiences with burnley, finished 8th and my brazillian loan signing (eliandro) won the epl player of the year. Had a clear out of dead wood, kept alexander, blake, eagles etc, brought in fleck, wilson, otamendi, kryvstov, verratti, kakuta, eliandro (loan), diogo (loan). i enjoyed myself so much i rattled through the season in just 2 sittings, between work and sleep. Because i was fighting for signings and scouring the globe for good young, cheap players or loan signings, it makes it more rewarding when you get some success. Chuffed that i managed to sign eliandro permanently, also got destro and mchedlidze on frees 2nd season

Im in my second season now, finished 15th in the first season, ive brought many a talent, but now im not sure what to do, I have a rather large squd and not sure wether to get rid of the old guard or not, that I mean, Clarke Carlisle? Brian Jensen?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived