FM WeeGiE 29/05/09

Michael F

Welcome to the FM WeeGiE Update based on the 9.0.3 database for Football Manager 2009, this will focus on all real life changes that happened post release of the official Sports Interactive patch.

The next patch will be released on Friday 29th May at 4pm

FM WeeGiE Fix List

General

- Latest transfers & loans (loans 3 months+ only)

- Released players

- Latest Retirements

- Player Contracts

- Manager changes

- Manager contracts

- Staff changes

- Staff contracts

- Deceased players removed

- Board Changes & Takeovers

Summer Changes

- Promotions & Relegations completed for England & Scotland

- Updated final league positions for all playable English & Scottish clubs

- Done English & Scottish league & cup winners for 09 plus Champions League & UEFA Cup.

- Started updating European participants for 09/10*

- Updated all new kits for 09/10 season to end of May 09

- Updated stadium capacity changes & moves worldwide

- Updated competition names for 09/10 season

* Due to the Champions League, UEFA Cup & Intertoto Cup being hardcoded for the 08/09 season we are using the teams who qualified for 09/10 and the format for 08/09, The UEFA Cup is now called Europa League & Intertoto Cup is now called Europa League Qualifiying in this update.

Other Changes

- Removed all expired bans from database up to end of June 09

- Removed all expired retirements from database up to end of June 09

- Removed all old future transfers up to the end of June 09 and moved players to their new clubs

- Removed all expired loans worldwide till June 09

- Removed all old injures from database up to end of April 09 for all playable English & Scottish clubs plus the top leagues in France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain, Portugal & U.S.A, and starting removing ones from other countries*

* We are working through the database and will be removing

Please post any data issues on our forums as they will be missed here, www.fmweegie.co.uk

Thanks

Michael

Thats great Michael,

Could you help me, i have been doing my own update and when i have updated the teams in Europe in England for 09/10 it doesnt work and i have different teams in Europe each time i load a new game.

Have i done something wrong ??? or can you help me with anything ??

Strange, it works fine for me.

"Error

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

"

:/

Ok, I've downloaded it and it is in the football manager/db folder.

So what do I do now? I've started the game, selected the 9.03 database to play with and nothing has changed. Can someone explain if I've done this right?

Ok, I've downloaded it and it is in the football manager/db folder.

So what do I do now? I've started the game, selected the 9.03 database to play with and nothing has changed. Can someone explain if I've done this right?

You're supposed to select the weegie database from the dropdown list, not 9.3.

Did you extract the file you downloaded?

Does anyone else have owen and Viduka out on a free and not at newcastle when starting the game ?

Their contracts expire in the summer i believe. It would be the only way to get around that fact, otherwise they'd have to be on contract another whole season as far as i know.

can someone please post a direct download of this so I don't have to use another site. I can't download it otherwise. I keep getting security alerts saying im not allowed to download...

There were two mirror links posted above.

how come with newcastle almost all the players are happy at the club and alot of the morale is superb/very good? The wages are easy to get down and you dont have to sell any of the major earners. It seems a bit easy as all the talk at the moment is that all the big players will leave (martins,collocini etc) and they will have to sell all the high earners (duff and barton etc). Aslo michael owen still wants to come back. Sould all this be changed and be made harder?

how come with newcastle almost all the players are happy at the club and alot of the morale is superb/very good? The wages are easy to get down and you dont have to sell any of the major earners. It seems a bit easy as all the talk at the moment is that all the big players will leave (martins,collocini etc) and they will have to sell all the high earners (duff and barton etc). Aslo michael owen still wants to come back. Sould all this be changed and be made harder?

I will tweak the club morale for the next update, ive set the wage budget to random, what ill do is lower the balance for the next update which should give a lower random wage budget (was around 600k when i tested)

Ill take a look at Owen to see how i can prevent him coming back.

Cheers for the feedback

Michael

Just posted on the forum

I can now announce the release dates for the forthcoming Summer Releases for the FM WeeGiE Update.

All releases are 16:00 BST

Friday 12th June 2009

Friday 26th June 2009

Friday 10th July 2009

Friday 24th July 2009

Friday 7th August 2009

Friday 21st August 2009

Not the best update, so far you have

Manchester United as FA Cup winners

Manchester United as Champions League winners

Tottenham as Carling Cup winners

Zenit as UEFA Cup winners

Some of the Champions League teams aren't correct, for example Ajax are in and FC Twente should be in their place. No Wolfsburg, etc.

Not the best update, so far you have

Manchester United as FA Cup winners

Manchester United as Champions League winners

Tottenham as Carling Cup winners

Zenit as UEFA Cup winners

Some of the Champions League teams aren't correct, for example Ajax are in and FC Twente should be in their place. No Wolfsburg, etc.

I have set the new cup winners, there is obviously a bug in the editor somewhere, same goes for euro participents i did the Euro participents for England, Scotland, Holland, Italy, France, Germany & Spain so theres either a bug in the game or the editor if they are not showing up correctly, ill play around and try to fix these for next release.

Firstly, I do appreciate the update and I've gone to the point of just fixing the competition winners/losers myself. I just wanted to point out in the forum so for the next update the issue is known and fixed.

Oodman,

I'm giving feedback on the update and I've pointed out what's wrong with it. As far as I can see that's the only real error. Michael has responded and told me he feels it's a bug, so there is no issue. He wants to provide a good update for this community, and I appreciate that. Infact, I always download the Weegie updates and feel they are the best. I'm merely pointing out to him what I see is wrong. Is that so bad?

Or would it be better for you if I kept quiet and didn't tell the Michael what errors I see?

I choose to update my own database, too, but I feel these updates are often better because I haven't done them myself. Bit like making an omlette yourself, never tastes as good as somebody else cooking it for you.

Firstly, I do appreciate the update and I've gone to the point of just fixing the competition winners/losers myself. I just wanted to point out in the forum so for the next update the issue is known and fixed.

Oodman,

I'm giving feedback on the update and I've pointed out what's wrong with it. As far as I can see that's the only real error. Michael has responded and told me he feels it's a bug, so there is no issue. He wants to provide a good update for this community, and I appreciate that. Infact, I always download the Weegie updates and feel they are the best. I'm merely pointing out to him what I see is wrong. Is that so bad?

Or would it be better for you if I kept quiet and didn't tell the Michael what errors I see?

I choose to update my own database, too, but I feel these updates are often better because I haven't done them myself. Bit like making an omlette yourself, never tastes as good as somebody else cooking it for you.

How did you fix it? Did you add a new line in the editor and put in the 2009 winners? Or do you have to change the 2008 winners to 2009?

Archived