CD or FB?

Positioning is a defensive attribute for taking up good positions when the opposition have the ball.

Players with good positioning won't get caught out by runs as often and tend to get a high amount of interceptions.

Off the ball is an attacking attribute and covers how well a player takes up attacking positions when his teammates have the ball.

is dribbling that important though?

he seems more of a defensive full back, I'd be more looking at his positioning/marking first

He has great pace and acceleration but with 4 dribbling he is no good for a guy patrolling the flanks.

He is never going to be good enough for a top team.

He has great pace and acceleration but with 4 dribbling he is no good for a guy patrolling the flanks.

He is never going to be good enough for a top team.

If he is to be played as a Limtied Full Back, simply there to stop the opponent winger from having any fun, then Dribbling is hardly necessary. Besides, you can set the player to dribble less, or train the PPM "Runs with Ball Rarely". Or if the player does need to dribble, he has great pace & acceleration, knock it past them and chase :D

If he is to be played as a Limtied Full Back, simply there to stop the opponent winger from having any fun, then Dribbling is hardly necessary. Besides, you can set the player to dribble less, or train the PPM "Runs with Ball Rarely". Or if the player does need to dribble, he has great pace & acceleration, knock it past them and chase :D

and that's my point

work on his marking/positioning, and then see him as a defensive option if the opponent has a world-beating left winger

just park him on the bench (which is probably his ceiling anyway as a 3* player) and then he comes on to close a game out/ nullify a threat

I found a Brazilian newgen, who's natural position was RB. He is 6'4, great marking, heading and tackling, poor dribbling, crossing and pace.

Is an obvious CB, yet natural position was RB. Trained him on CB until maxed out, but still shows as a RB. I've never played him there, surely he should lose that natural comfort with the position at some point?

I found a Brazilian newgen, who's natural position was RB. He is 6'4, great marking, heading and tackling, poor dribbling, crossing and pace.

Is an obvious CB, yet natural position was RB. Trained him on CB until maxed out, but still shows as a RB. I've never played him there, surely he should lose that natural comfort with the position at some point?

No, because pre-training stuff is apparently coded to be part of the player forever.

They can loss trained positions though.

Thanks guys.

One more question. Do you have any number of first team games you try to give to young players that you think it's enough for them to keep developing well? Something around 20 full games?

I have 7 new youngsters in my team and i want them all to have enough game time each season.

Thanks guys.

One more question. Do you have any number of first team games you try to give to young players that you think it's enough for them to keep developing well? Something around 20 full games?

I have 7 new youngsters in my team and i want them all to have enough game time each season.

Sub appearances work as well too I think, just give them as much chances as you can afford.

Out of curiosity.. why are you keen on using and developing this player? I would rather look for a player without glaring weaknesses.

What's best for development? I'm not sure there is a answer to your specific question, but to say lots of game time. Meaning keep him in the youth-side and have him stay match fit for the entire season and give him as much 1st team football as you can afford to.

Hey eple. Well i believe this kid has potential even though some of the important atributes for the role are really low. But i will risk.

Thanks for the reply!

Work on his Positioning & Marking. The kid won't be a world beater, but if his hidden attributes like Consistency etc are good he would be a decent & cheap backup option to call upon. He will probably qualify as home-grown as well since he is still only 17, which is useful for registering CL squads.

off the ball is receiving ball when your team attacks, the higher the less player is caught offside, composure is for scoring goals/hit ball on target, those are for attacking players, but his first touch is crap too, just use highlight attribs for a role, just train him for full back(s) role

Archived