Pipson.Tv - 4231 ''Triangle'' is back! Treble with Spurs NO Transfers almost quadruple!

Based from this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/375409-Work-in-progress-Pipson-s-4231-Triangle-Tactic-Dagenham-and-Red.-playing-like-Barca

There is 2 versions of this tactic: Counter and balanced - nothing is different apart from that setting alone - Attacking also works but very easy to counter but more goals!

Counter should be your starting tactic - only switch to standard if I feel I am a stronger team or not creating enough. Attacking when desperately I need of a goal. - Only other changes I have every made in game is focus on the flanks (if team has 1 DM or 2 DM or no Fullbacks) and play it narrow, if you feel you team is too wide is loosing passes because of short passing.

There was no cheating involved and my save with spurs was recorded on stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pipsontv/ - click videos.

We almost did the quadruple but lost to Man utd 1-2 in the fa cup final - won league, league cup and Europa.

1st few results:

fristfewgames.png

When I thought the tactic was ready and started with Spurs - we went on a run of 25 games unbeaten. We only started dropping points and drawing/loosing because of the squad being tired and lack of players as I bought no one.

The league

league.png

Best defence and best attack, we did not loose a single game at home and only conceded 9 goals in 14 games!

NO TRANSFERS:

transfers.png

Tactic download = http://www.mediafire.com/download/fqtah5a1h54i73d/twitch.tv_pipsontv.zip

May i suggest that the reason your players were getting tired is because you were playing friendlies mid season as well?

my players got tired end of the season. Those friendlies were used to increase tactic familiarity.

Depends on your team - but you want to start with counter and switch to standard if you feel your team is better (meaning you gamble more) or your not creating enough (the team your playing against may be very defensive)

Amazing tactic. I have tried it for half a season with Newcastle (no signings) and have managed to beat Man C away with 5-0, Arsenal away 2-1, Man U home with 3-0, Liverpool home with 3-1 and Sunderland home with 9-0!

Cheers!

Which version are you using?

Install WinRAR - should be no problem. Just google winrar

i already have the software which usually unzips files. Im not sure if this is winrar or not? I can't remember what its called.

i already have the software which usually unzips files. Im not sure if this is winrar or not? I can't remember what its called.

Then you should have no problems.

Anyone else tried the tactic?

Then you should have no problems.

Anyone else tried the tactic?

I tried it with Roda JC, Red Bull Salzburg and Barcelona, all in FMC. Found out that with Red Bull and Barcelona, results aren't as good as with other tactics. With Roda however, my team performed way better. It seems a tactic for the smaller teams.

Tried it with Everton, season 2018/2019.

Short background: Started a journeyman save where I always used Steaton's (the one tweaked by Marcelo) and had very good results with all teams. 3rd season at Everton and the AI "finds out how to beat your tactic" (LOL) thing happens, I decided to try this one out since this closely resembles what type of players I have etc.

Results have been less than good, but not terribad. I beat Arsenal 1-0 at home, drew 1-1 at Reading, hammered Anderlecht in the CL 4-1, lost 4-2 to Swansea in the League Cup away, lost 1-0 to City away, beat Fulham at home 2-0, lost to Bayern M away 0-1 so far.

The familiarity is at ~80%, it could be related to that I guess. It's more worrying that we seem to create very few chances [compared to Steaton's] and possession is barely above 50%, which I find low considering this tactic is inspired by Barcelona. Will try it some more tho and see if it settles.

okay guys I am working on an update - if you guys can give as much input and etc - where its all wrong, where it is right! and etc! Update should be up soon - only one file this time.

okay guys I am working on an update - if you guys can give as much input and etc - where its all wrong, where it is right! and etc! Update should be up soon - only one file this time.

It's certainly right defensively, I don't concede many goals even tho my defense is not world class. Imo it's lacking something attacking wise. Sometimes I'll struggle to score goals, even against inferior opposition.

Ok! I use this tactic as explained in the first post. I start with counter but change to standard in half time if drawing or losing (happens rarely). I did one small change, both my cm are dlp support. So far i have been succesfull with Newcastle, Chelsea and QPR. Btw i play FMC and don´t care about training, oi and stuff. This has to be the best plug and play tactic so far.

Cheers!

I have started several 1st seasons with Spurs using all the best rated tactic sets out..... I always set up well best staff etc, know all about team talks etc, my only vice is I sell a lot of my squad and buy replacements so team cohesion does cause a few issues..... I do well but always hit a wall at some stage during the season.... Thought id give this a go..... Never tried starting with a counter attacking tactic... I'm smashing everyone and was even when the tactic wasn't fluid! Just beat Chelsea 4-0 and Liverpool 5-1.... so solid. I'm converted, goals from corners and free kicks quite regular as well. now going to teach my full backs the long throw... I will be following your threads closely in the future, Thanks for your effort!

As tactics go this a great one, other than a few changes to set pieces (personal choice to how I like to defend & attack) it's the most reliable, generally use counter unless struggling to make an impact then use standard (not to often) my Leeds team is 12 points clear after 28 games with a +39 goal difference, in 1st season in championship. I did get off to a shaky start until tactic became more embedded losing 2 V 0 to York in league cup a little embarrassing but did rest most of squad so other than the early days blip this tactic is great

Decided to try out your tactic with Pennington, barely had any signings and started to struggle mid season with Steatons tactic! Lets see where it takes us, first game 4-3, lucky to slip away with the win! Though I did get a red card when the score was 1-2 which should be worth a mention..

Creates a ton of opportunities compared to steaton

Well this tactic has been the only truly steady tactic i have used in the latest patch.

When i play with my Benfica side i have found that i do better with the standard tactic as they usually are able to outclass most teams in the Portuguese league but when i head to Europe i might switch to the Counter version depending on the opponent.

Now in my journeyman save where i am currently VVV in the Dutch league i only use the Counter tactic and my team is punching above its class given the players i have. You will not win every game but its stable as can be in this wacky patch. One thing i have noticed with my VVV team is that speed does matter. I had an ageing Rafael Van Der Vaart on the wing and he was doing absolutely nothing so i swapped a lesser player to the wings and played him as the forward or AMC and it started playing much better. Also i had a pretty slow Dman with great mental and tackling stats but slow as a glacier so again i swapped for a less gifted player with decent pace and again better results.

• 4 weeks later...

match preparation = i change it all the time - i take ass m. advise along with the teams current form and which team but i vary from attack movement, def position, set pieces and tactics when i need to improve skill of tactic.

Training i do my own, sometimes based on the players attributes i want to play or the role.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone still use this tactic? I'm seriously overachieving in the French 2nd division with Nimes using the counter version. (I play FMC so sometimes I change tactic in-game, but this is the base I've been using with a very poor side).

Going to give this a go since so many people seem to have had success with it. Just one question to you successful people, or the creator of the tactic, what about OIs?

This question is directed to the creator of the thread. I read your other thread about how you worked on this tactic and in that thread you were talking a bout a b2b midfielder but this tactic has two DLPs with different roles. Did you find that to work better than with a b2b?

Tried this tactic on my game - had great success with it, thanks!

I am West Brom in my 3rd season, having been around the middle of the table in my first 2 seasons. I started off the 3rd season well with my own tactic, winning 7 of my first 8 games, but then I had two away games at Liverpool and Man City. I lost both, and then my team went into free fall and I didn't win any of my next 13 games after (I persevered with my tactic for about 5 or 6 games after those two defeats, but my team seemed to have lost it, and I tried numerous unsuccessful tweaks). I was playing an away game at Newcastle (who were 5th), and I didn't expect to get anything out of it but I tried the counter tactic. I was 2-0 down at half time so I changed to the standard, and managed to win 4-2! Finished the season in 7th spot, and have started the new season well too (won 3, drawn 1, lost 1 of my opening 5 games).

The counter tactic seems to really restrict the opposition scoring, but I don't seem to get many chances myself playing that, so I prefer the standard personally.

Thank you so much for uploading this tactic though, I had a previous save before the latest patch and was having no trouble (got Coventry promoted to the premier in 3 seasons, then won the premiership in my 4th season in the division), but the new patch really had me struggling (after my 15 game unsuccessful spell, I stopped playing for about a week because I was so frustrated).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I tried this tactic with my Leeds Utd and the first results were amazing - my team played very well in defence and created many goal chances as well. I won 3 matches in a row and was really pleased, unfortunately later it all changed. I started to lose and in effect after 46 matches I'm 4th in the Championship (I was 1/2 during the whole season). Now I'm gonna play in play-offs and I'm really afraid I'll lose it... Any ideas how could I beat the crisis? I really want to promote :D

PS. Sorry for my english.

Pipson, has I said here comes my review.

Such a perfect tactic you have created!

In my save with Benfica I played the first season with my own tactic and I won the League (71 points, 23 W, 2 D, 5 L in 30 fixtures with 77 goals scored and 36 suffered) and went to the round of 16 in the Champions League (smashed against Bayern Munchen).

In the second season I tried your tactic and I won again the League (85 points, 28 W, 1 D, 1 L, with 102 scored against 24 suffered), won the League Cup and went to the Champions semis (defeated Man.City and Zenith in groups stage, Valencia in 8's with 6-1 aggregate and Chelsea in quarters by loosing first hand away 4-1 and winning 7-1 home - amazing - I just went home against Man.Utd. just because I lost at home 0-1 and drawed 3-3 at Old Trafford with a missed penalty in the last second).

I thought this tactic must only work with good teams as my Lens team in Ligue 1 finished second bottom and were relegated, I switched between the two tactics as the original post says, I have no idea how but I got the AS Monaco job the season after being sacked and the tactic is better but I am still conceding a lot of goals (especially from corners) we are currently 6th in the league which in my opinion is still not good enough for a team like Monaco and the players I have at my disposal!

Archived