USA Fantasy Update + new Continental Cups for America

DOWNLOAD LINK:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ev7a2cmi99hxm6q/USA%20Update%20v3.1%20-%20superkiwi6.zip

v3.1 - updated 27/01/2014

- Both files in the archive must be activated before you start the game, they are not independent.

- You should tick "add players to teams" at the beginning of the game, for lower league clubs.

- There is no way to change the starting date at the beginning of the game, thus to start in Summer (so at the beginning of the season), you should select at least one other competition starting in Summer.

CONTENT

Background:

USA stated in 2013 that Soccer is finally a valuable sport, and decided to promote it all over the country. They invested a lot in facilities to improve youth development and reorganized the leagues in an European way.

Led by these changes and under pressure of the big USA, CONCACAF and COMEBOL decided to merge their competition and created two new continental cups to replace the old ones : the American Gold and Silver Cups. Brazil, Argentina, Mexico and now USA can compete in a super continental league that now challenges the European ones.

Changes for the USA:

- Interest of the country for the Soccer set on very high

- Regens value higher to the same level as Brazil, Canadian regens level set to a moderate level

- Transfer/wages values raised to the same level as England

- New USA league organization: 4 professional leagues of 20 teams (all playable) + 1 amateur league / 1 US Open Cup

- Competitions reputation raised to the same level as England

Premier League details : the North American Soccer Superleague

- European calendar dates: from August to May

- 20 clubs / 3 relegations : 19 from the former MLS - Chivas USA + New York Cosmos + Orlando City

- Squad rules: 40 players registrated, including maximum 20 foreigners.

- Starting team rule : Max. 11 foreigners, so at least 7 US players in the starting team

- Canada & Antigua are considered as non foreign countries

All awards have been created.

National Cup : US Open

- All 4 professional leagues + the amateur one

- Superleague clubs enter the competition for the 32th finals

- Single game, with extra time and penalties

- Money prizes added

Other Leagues:

- European calendar dates: from August to May

- 20 clubs / 3 relegations : 19 from the former MLS - Chivas USA + New York Cosmos + Orlando City

- Squad rules: 40 players registrated, including maximum 20 foreigners (10 for League 3).

- Starting team rule : Max. 11 foreigners (7 for League 3), so at least 7 US players in the starting team

- Canada & Antigua are considered as non foreign countries

All awards have been created.

Finance & Facilities:

- Facilities level have been increased for many clubs to promote higher level of regens.

- Clubs reputation have been increased based on their league level and the past/expected results --> transfer of major European players to the US championship is now reality

- Balance, Transfer budget, wage budget, incomers have been reveiewd for all clubs

- Some Sugar Daddys have been added to clubs (Miami, Las Vegas, Hollywood for lower leagues clubs for instance)

- President have been created for clubs with Sugar Daddys

- Some new stadiums have been created

- Stadium frequentation reviewed

- Money prizes added for championship position

Continental Cups:

- North & South American continental cups deleted

- 2 new continental cups created : American Gold & Silver Cups, mixing clubs from both North & South America.

- 1 supercup created; American Platinium Cup

All 20 countries of North & South America are involved + the 5 best countries of Caribbean.

C1/C3 principle:

C1 has 2 qualification rounds, and then it is groups stage as for the European Champions League.

C3 has 1 qualification round, and then it is groups stage as for the European Champions League.

Qualifications are as follow: (cup means the national cup winner)

1390469835-capture.png

Note that Canadian clubs are qualified inside the US championship. Thus the Canadian club in C1 is the best places Canadian club in the US championship, even if it is 10th.

- Squad rules: at least 4 players formed in the counrty and 1 in the club

- Money prizes added

- Awards added

C1/C3 reputations are the same as the European continental cups.

American Platinium Cup :

- Gold Cup winner against Silver cup winner. End of August.

No game the first year.

FIFA Club World Cup modification:

Club World cup have been updated to take into account that only 1 C1 cup is remaining in America. All is working fine.

Trophee Jacques Cartier :

Trophy between Montreal Impact and the French Ligue 1 winner, occuring end of July at Montreal.

Overview of the playable Leagues:

1390471653-leagues.png

Other small changes have been done to make the whole update consistant. it has been tested many times through many versions, so normally you shouldn't find bugs... If you find one, please don't hesitate to report it so that I can fix it!

Looking forward for your feedbacks

Team squads are just as they are in reality at the beginning of the game. But as reputation level of both club & competition is highly increased, it is easy to improve it quickly. (at least 30M€ of transfer budget for each Superleague club at the beginning, and it can be up to 100M€ for Sugar Daddy clubs).

Chivas was relegated for 3 reasons:

- I wanted the starting league to be composed of as many Eastern teams as Western ones

- I wanted to act the first relegated club of this new league, so I took the worst western club of the previous MLS season (still with the idea that I should replace 1 Western club by an Eastern one to get 10/10)

- I wanted the NY Cosmos to be in Superleague for myself :D

But it is just a small change. You can quickly and easily swap Chivas with NY Cosmos or another team in my update without interfere with the rest of the database changes.

Not sure about compatibility with the Canada update you are talking about.

You can try, but I can not promise everything will work fine.

Gonna try it, seems to be fine for now.. Gonna have to edit the new york team in though.

I have a pile of databases to play with already, but I'm going to need this one, too. Will probably edit that League 3 Tulsa team into one for my hometown, Wichita. (Tulsa doesn't need two teams, they hardly support their indoor soccer team...) Besides, Tulsa is downriver from us, and what we flush, Tulsa drinks.

I have a pile of databases to play with already, but I'm going to need this one, too. Will probably edit that League 3 Tulsa team into one for my hometown, Wichita. (Tulsa doesn't need two teams, they hardly support their indoor soccer team...) Besides, Tulsa is downriver from us, and what we flush, Tulsa drinks.

You know that better than me !

I am French, so let's say that Tulsa is just a city I know thanks to TV show "Friends" :lol:

You know that better than me !

I am French, so let's say that Tulsa is just a city I know thanks to TV show "Friends" :lol:

Having a great time with the database, turned one of the Tulsa teams to my dear departed Wichita Wings and their orange-and-blue color scheme, and have them playing at my university's football stadium. And what's a real kick is seeing names from US soccer (er, football) history popping up as coaches. Bravo!

Been playing with this today, a couple months in with League 1 team Richmond, has been a very fun save so far. Board is only letting me scout N. America so far, so I've filled up my team with some talented Mexican youngsters poached from Liga MX. As far as the bigger game goes, the Superleague teams have done a pretty good job bringing back some of the American NT players from abroad (e.g. Brooks, Cameron, F. Johnson, Diskerud, Guzan). There are also have been some big transfers of European players to the Superleague (Smalling, Sterling, Coentrao -> LA, Yarmolenko, Anderson -> Seattle); interesting to see how that shakes out. Hoping to poach some of the top American talent that are pushed out by some of these big transfers to strengthen the domestic component of my squad. Nice job on this!

Thank you for your feedbacks!

Personally I am now in 2020 with this update. I have spent my 5 first years in San Francisco, and am now leading the NY Cosmos with a lot of fun.

I have faced only one small issue : Los Angeles Blues have a "bug" that prevent them from being promoted in Superleague... Can't explain why but if you don't play with them it should not be a problem. Everyting else has been working fine so far.

Where´s the Cosmos??

NY Cosmos are in Superleague at the beginning of the game.

Are you gonna add Beckham's Miami team?? :)

I have already put Beckham as the Miami Fusion president.

Kiwi have you ever thought of adding international competition pitting the new database against european union? If not how would I combine your database and one that allows it? Some kind of 32 or 64 team qualifier at the end of all the normal competitions. Like the World cup but more in depth.

Kiwi have you ever thought of adding international competition pitting the new database against european union? If not how would I combine your database and one that allows it? Some kind of 32 or 64 team qualifier at the end of all the normal competitions. Like the World cup but more in depth.

You just have to create a DB with this new competition and without any other changes. It should be working fine.

But it may cause problem because of interference with existing international competition occuring in summer (Euro, World Cup, Gold Cup...). If you want to avoid all troubles you should delete all these comp. but it would be less interesting...

How would I fix the issue of the Blues being a "B" team? I poked around briefly in the editor and didn't see where that was selected.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks to OP for a well put together file!

You should delete the "U23 Reserve team" in Details page of the team. This field should be empty.

• 1 month later...

Is it normal when I run test rules in the Editor for "USA Update - Continental Cups v3.1.dbc" that it complains about "American Gold Cup (2013) and American Silver Cup (2014) dates are set different" ??

thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone got around the stadium cap issue? Like 3 teams have 50k+ stadiums but are capped to 20k or so, this is a massive drawback IMO! (blaming the game here not the OP).

Just go into the editor and edit the stadium.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems a really good save, thanks for the OP for his work. Played 6 months, most clubs spent around £30m in the first summer so the league is fairly competitive. I took over New England Revo and tried to sign mostly English and USA players, once I realized the max 11 foreigners in the match-day squad rule I paniced a bit, but it's fine nnow. US players certainly are in high demand and carry a premium so make sure you snap up as many good ones as possible, then work hard to find the next gen of USA youngsters coming through and snap them up.

Money might be an issue? I'm only spending around £350k a week on wages but losing 1-2m a month I think at least. I've got a good base squad so will be more shred in the upcoming seasons, I set myself a limit of £35k a week for star players. Maybe the big cup competition next year will help, currently I'm 2nd but Galaxy are way ahead after spending £70m on talent like Barkley.

Still once Feirro, Dongu and Balanta come good I'll be very strong :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived