Official Steam Workshop Feedback Thread

Lucas

• Administrators

Football Manager 2014 Steam Workshop is now live! The following official items are available for download:

Official Dark Skin for Football Manager 2014 full simulation mode.

5 New Challenges for Football Manager Classic.

Max Rushden player editor data file and player photo.

You can access this in game by going to Downloads on the Start Screen, or from the FM Menu button -> Downloads. Select the Store Workshop tab and then "Download add-ons directly from Steam"

This will take you to the Football Manager Workshop. Simply select an item and then "Subscribe" to download into your game.

Alternatively, you can access this on your web browser by using this address: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=231670

All files in your user data foldder directories can be published. These are:

League & Data Updates

Challenges

Views

Filters

Tactics

Shortlists

Match Plans

Versus Mode Teams

Skins

Facepacks

Logos

Custom Database Options

More information and documentation on how to use the Workshop can be found in the Steam Workshop FAQ topic: http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38

Any problems please post a thread here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/363-Cloud-Saving-and-Steam-Workshop-(All-Formats)

Enjoy using the Steam Workshop, whether a subscriber or a publisher of content, and let us know of any feedback in this thread.

• SI Staff
Is this fully live yet as it just gives me an error message which just says 'error' when attempting to publish something?

What are you attempting to publish? Also what platform are you on windows/mac/linux? Also do you have the steam cloud enabled for FM14?

You can access this in game by going to Downloads on the Start Screen, or from the FM Menu button -> Downloads. Select the Store Workshop tab and then "Download add-ons directly from Steam"

The game hangs when I select the "Workshop" tab. FM is already up to date (14.1.2).

Windows7x64

What are you attempting to publish? Also what platform are you on windows/mac/linux? Also do you have the steam cloud enabled for FM14?

Base Skin, Windows 8 X64, Steam cloud is enabled ~998mb available (though not used for save game), tried public, friends only and whatever the third option was all with the same result.

• SI Staff
The game hangs when I select the "Workshop" tab. FM is already up to date (14.1.2).

Windows7x64

Are you subscribed to the dark skin or anything else? If so can you unsubscribe to the files, then attempt to enter the workshop through the game and re-subscribe through the in browser in game?

• SI Staff
I've also just noticed that it has duplicated all of my logos in the Saving location to the Steam Workshop folder, is there a way to stop this, as it's used up an extra gigabyte of my hard drive space?

We'll look into this.

I noticed in your document on installing the baseskin you mentioned that you have your base saving location changed, can you try to put it back to the default folder and re-attempt to publish this?

• Administrators

Can I just reiterate that anybody with issues re: freezing etc, to post a thread here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/363-Cloud-Saving-and-Steam-Workshop-(All-Formats)

After following the instructions here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368915-Issues-with-Cloud-Saving-Steam-Workshop-READ-HERE-FIRST

Thanks

We'll look into this.

I noticed in your document on installing the baseskin you mentioned that you have your base saving location changed, can you try to put it back to the default folder and re-attempt to publish this?

Tried with no luck opened thread here in bugs forum with console log, though reseting to default location stopping the delay in getting to the workshop seemingly due to lack of custom graphics it is trying to load.

Another I've noticed is that there doesn't seem to be any way to customize what logos or faces are uploaded - the only option we seem to get with logos is type (comp, club, nation etc...)

EDIT: It also doesn't seem to be detected kits (2D or 3D) it copies the files to the workshop folder, but they aren't their to publish)

• Administrators

Michael can you post the kits issue in the bugs forum for me please, preferably to a link to some kits I can try out. Thanks

• Administrators
It would also be helpful to have some way to preview or test what has been uploaded.

There isn't really a way I can see this to be done I'm afraid. If you do come across any corrupt uploads let us know in the bugs area. They should be checked before being uploaded that they are okay :)

Great addition to the game. So glad that we don't have to deal with any of this stuff anymore and now we can simply subscribe to a person's skin or whatever and just get it working.

trying to load it causes the game to totally freeze..trying to get the dark skin but nothing happening at all

Have a look at this please: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368978-Known-issues-Workshop-14.1.2-PLEASE-READ

Is there a way to publish to the workshop outwith FM?

No.

• Administrators

Thanks :D If there are any suggestions, this is the place for it. Bugs forum please for anybody with problems, and if you have issues with specific files you can select the Report button on the item in the workshop.

• Administrators

I can see the benefit of this but there is not space currently and new words like that in our game will require translations. One for the future though :)

• Administrators
Can you add support for EDT/DDT/LNC files ?

Absolutely not for LNC

EDT/DDT files are housed in a completely separate area of the user's hard drive (in with the install drives), and we've moved away from the need for these, as it can all be done in the editor.

What do you need these for?

• Administrators
Whenever I click Install for Max Rushden (the player, not the picture), nothing happens.

I've installed the Dark Skin and the Max Rushden picture successfully...

Help?

Unfortunately this issue is a bit more complicated than just me to fix on the Workshop side, our coders are looking into it.

Unfortunately this issue is a bit more complicated than just me to fix on the Workshop side, our coders are looking into it.

Thanks for the update. I've just tried again, having switched my laptop off for a few hours, and it still doesn't work - just in case it was a caching issue.

• SI Staff
What do you need these for?

To add real national teams to the game (similar to 'Team Holland'). When there's a major tournament going on, people like to download the real-life squads. I've made a few for the national teams in recent years and they have been fairly popular, and I think that popularity would only increase with the availability of DDT files on Steam Workshop.

Is anyone getting an error message when uploading a file (.dbc) to the workshop?

I get something about the first line of the code being wrong or something even though the file itself works well.

I may be being thick here but.....how do I upload my files to the workshop?

Load FM, select Downloads on the main menu, on the store page select the workshop tab (wait a while if you have many custom files), then select the In Game Option, and it will give you a list of items you can upload.

• SI Staff

The install button is not working for some addons:

I had a comment from somebody saying that one of mine didn't work, in turn I tried it out on the South African researcher's addon and I had the same problem:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BlueLou/screenshot/5

When you click on 'install', the 'Dark Skin' is selected from the menu instead of installing the addon.

EDIT: My files were XML, I'll update them to DBC to see if it makes a difference (as per http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368978-Known-issues-Workshop-14.1.2-PLEASE-READ)

Thanks for the update. I've just tried again, having switched my laptop off for a few hours, and it still doesn't work - just in case it was a caching issue.

Just updated the game, and it now has installed.

got the skin to download..thanks for help moved my graphics file . now when I put it back, my facepacks/logos/stadiums do not show up(do they have to go into the workshop folder now??as I see there is a graphics folder in there too is there now a conflict)
can someone assist please cheers

can someone assist please cheers

They go into the normal graphics folder (sport interactive/football manager 2014/graphics) once you have put them in there.

- Goto Preferences and if the Reload Skin button is visible in the bottom right hand confirm click it to reload the graphics and your added graphics should now display.

- If the Reload Skin button isn't visible then goto the Interface tab and on the bottom left make sure the 'Use caching to decrease page loading times' option is unticked and the 'Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences' option is ticked (you can put these back once the graphics are showing) and then click the Reload Skin button at the bottom right and your added graphics should now display.

They go into the normal graphics folder (sport interactive/football manager 2014/graphics) once you have put them in there.

- Goto Preferences and if the Reload Skin button is visible in the bottom right hand confirm click it to reload the graphics and your added graphics should now display.

- If the Reload Skin button isn't visible then goto the Interface tab and on the bottom left make sure the 'Use caching to decrease page loading times' option is unticked and the 'Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences' option is ticked (you can put these back once the graphics are showing) and then click the Reload Skin button at the bottom right and your added graphics should now display.

thank you I believe the use caching option is ticked will do it now ta

I have a problem where ive subscribed to a few things on the steam workshop, but when im in game and click downloads and then the steam workshop tab, it says processing and just does nothing. Is this normall? I had waited for half an hour and still nothing bar the windows donut spinning.

Is this a known issue, or can anyone help?

Archived