Target Man FM 2014

Hey guys,

Not very often I ask for help but I'm a little stumped when it comes to specifying the supply I want to my target man.

I've selected who I want my target man to be but I can't see anywhere where I would select the supply type.

Thanks in advance guys.

it's on the team tactics screen down on the screen, where you can select the target man and then the supply type

Is that for FM14? I don't have those options. I know they were there for FM13. My apologies - I should have been more specific that it was FM14.

When they're set to Target Man, it depends on your style as to how they play. If you're going long, they'll aim for the head, short the feet and ball into space, to run onto.

I see. So now it's just a combination of the shouts?

Perfect. Thanks Cleon :)

When they're set to Target Man, it depends on your style as to how they play. If you're going long, they'll aim for the head, short the feet and ball into space, to run onto.

So to be sure:

Long Team Passing = head

Short Team Passing = feet

Ball Into Space Shout = to run onto (but is it a setting that overrides the previous one?)

Another info, suppose I want to use the "run onto" one (we agree is Defoe/Inzaghi/Owen one, right?)

Do I have to put my striker as Target Man role?

If I put him as Poacher, which sounds more logical, is it set as Target Man automatically too?

Another info, suppose I want to use the "run onto" one (we agree is Defoe/Inzaghi/Owen one, right?)

Do I have to put my striker as Target Man role?

If I put him as Poacher, which sounds more logical, is it set as Target Man automatically too?

He has to be A Target Man Role, but then you can refine that Role through Player Instructions to better fit the player you are using there.

He has to be A Target Man Role, but then you can refine that Role through Player Instructions to better fit the player you are using there.

Ok, because I thought that, since you had to insert the "to run onto" somewhere since the deletion of "manual Target Man supply", you might have moved it io the Poacher (could be logic right?) and the automatic activation too to let it work.

Thanks, it should be all clear now.

Hi all,

On previous versions (up until 2012) I noticed that you could select your 'Target Man' as you would 'Playmaker' etc.

I was trying a Target Man on FM 14 but I cannot see where you list your Target Man??

I have my wing backs crossing to Target Man so would like to select them. I realise you select the striker and change his role to Target Man but is it possible to select them like in previous versions??

Thanks all,

Its all done by roles now select a forward to play in the target man role, also an advanced playmaker/deep lying playmaker for playmaker etc...

What this man says.

If you select a targetman, he will be your targetman. Likewise with playmakers; select on playmaker and he will be your playmaker. Select two and they will both be playmakers.

What if you want to choose a particular striker to be targeted with balls to his feet or along the ground?

A 'target man' and 'targeting a man' aren't really the same thing.

Can just easily tailor the "Target Man" to play as you want him to, I'd imagine?

Oh sorry, you meant the kid of service that is supplied to the man? :D

That's exactly what I meant, I probably wasn't clear on that.

On FM13 you could choose a player for the team to target and the type of ball to target him with, FM14 just gives us the option to tell one player to play as a target man.

If I'm honest I don't know but I guess if you were to choose the 'play direct balls' or 'route one' instructions you'd end up with more balls in the air, while short passing would be on the ground. Can't remember if there's an instruction for through balls though.

If I'm honest I don't know but I guess if you were to choose the 'play direct balls' or 'route one' instructions you'd end up with more balls in the air, while short passing would be on the ground. Can't remember if there's an instruction for through balls though.

Pass into space.

I could understand the change that if you set one of your striker or one of your attacking flanker as target man there's no need to have an appropriate instruction to define him again as your target man, logical.

The thing I truly don't understand is why remove the chance to define how I'd like to supply my target man, the suggested solutions are, once again, limitative and strictly derive from a schematic idea of football.

If I have the right players why couldn't I decide to supply my target man to feet playing direct football?

Not realistic? I don't think so, many target men drop deep to receive the ball into their feet and are the first outlet for their teammates, often playing direct and counter-attacking football.

Archived