FM freezes at 'The teams are warming up, please wait"

Any particular reason for this? My laptop is pretty well spec'd, can't see it being an issue with it - anyone had similar issues? Happens once a night i'd say, very inconvenient

Main DX Diag stuff as follows:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 3/16/2013, 21:59:58

Machine name: x-PC

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation

System Model: VGN-AW11S_B

BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/09/08 11:12:06 Ver: 08.00.10

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3040MB RAM

Page File: 3534MB used, 2541MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 2: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 9600M GT

I do have custom logos and facepacks but don't think i'm leaving it tabbed out for periods.......has that been known to screw it up?

Its happened to me under that scenario. Been meaning to report it, but keep forgetting. Currently not playing with logos/facepacks, and even when tabbing out I've not had a crash since, so I think its linked to custom facepacks.

The point at which it is causing problems would suggest that it is definitely a graphics issue- make sure that the graphics card driver is updated and try removing the installed packs as well.

ThanksFraz, will bin the custom logos and see if that helps. I do like the Facepacks so will just live with the freezing if it still happens.

• 1 month later...

Well my game kept doing this even without the Custom Graphics and eventually it got to the point where it just flat-out Crash Dumped every time i pressed Play Match. Not just on one save, i started a new game, same same.

So eventually I did a clean reinstall and its not happened again...even with Facepacks and Logos installed.

Seems something happens to FM itself ....................

• 1 month later...

Hi,

did you also play your previously saved game or you started completely a new one? I'm having the same problem and will make a clean install but want to know if I can continue my saved game.

Hi,

did you also play your previously saved game or you started completely a new one? I'm having the same problem and will make a clean install but want to know if I can continue my saved game.

Your saved game and settings are not affected by uninstalling and reinstalling.

I too had the same problem but I have come across a solution ---

Before the match starts (usually at the team selection page) I save the game.

Since I stated doing this I haven't had the game 'hang' for over two seasons now, whereas before it would have crashed almost every other game.

Hope this helps

• 2 months later...

This has happened top me alot. i have a high end pc 8gb ram but happens, uninstalled all my graphics and logos and still happens. its got 2 the point i save b4 every game just 2 make sure. Also keep getting memory full messages now. even though my oc has 1TB memory and 8gb ram.

needless to say, im buying a new pc. maybe one with i7 and 64bit

• 2 years later...
I have custom graphics, and I leave the game tabbed out for long periods of time but I've never come across this issue. That's not to say other systems might not have issues under those circumstances.

Well I play the game on my desktop PC at home, use custom kit-logo-facepack, and getting that same crash before the start of my very 1st match, during the warming up stage, followed by a crash error message even, mentioning the "crash dumps" directory of the game. (C-users-name-documents-SI-FM16)

So this issue has definitely nothing to do with the platform, but most likely still with those custom packs added!

This issue starts to seriously annoy me, after all in FM15 all custom add-ons and packs were functioning perfectly, and I DO wish to play FM16 at least with the facepack addition as well, in matter fact, I don't want, nor even tried to start the game without it, (I always deliberately insist on improving the game realism), so any suggestions regarding the problem, and normally its solution will be deeply appreciated!

Waiting for suggestions......(before contacting SI team about this matter)

IN ADDITION:

I am quite sure, that simply removing (deleting) the additional packs from the folder where I added them would instantly solve this problem, (normally followed by clearing the cache inside the game), but that is what I wish to avoid by all possible means, due the reason I mentioned above.

Archived