FM13 - Nottingham Forest Thread - All aboard the Big Red Train

mistrollingin

Welcome to the Nottingham Forest thread for FM13. Apologies that it is a little bolted together but it has been a hasty attempt to fill a gap, hopefully it will give you enough to jump into a Forest game though.

oARvf.jpg?1

Club History

Early Innovators

Nottingham Forest Football Club was formed in 1865 and although they were not founder members of the Football League they did play an important part in the early development of the game. Sam Widdowson was a key figure in those early years playing for Forest as well as playing cricket for Nottinghamshire. It was this crossover of sports that led to him cutting down some cricket pads to wear as football shin guards, an idea which quickly caught on.

sqPeO.jpg?1

Forest are also credited with playing the first match in which a referee’s whistle was used and the introduction of the crossbar, whilst Widdowson went on to referee the first game in which goal nets were used. The club’s benevolence also led these original Reds to provide shirts for both Arsenal and Liverpool and early support for Brighton and Hove Albion, helping them secure a place to play.

On the pitch there biggest achievement was to win the FA Cup in 1898 beating local rivals Derby County to secure what would be there only major trophy for some time.

doYuR.jpg?1

Billy Walker

The club has been so totally dominated by the impact of Brian Clough that Billy Walker often does not get the credit he deserves for his 21 year reign as Forest manager between 1939 and 1960 during which time he laid down a strong tradition for passing football that permeates the very soul of the club to this day.

jcZil.jpg?1

Wednesbury born Walker played as a striker for Aston Vila scoring 214 goals in 478 appearances, as well as 9 goals in 18 appearances for England. At Forest he managed 650 games in charge across the top 3 divisions winning the Third Division South title in 1951 and promotion from Division Two as runners up in 1957 before securing the club’s second FA Cup victory in 1959 beating Luton Town at Wembley.

Whilst his achievements may seem small in comparison to Clough’s he still represents a huge part of the club’s history and ethos.

Clough and Taylor

There is nothing that can be said here that has not been said before. The arrival of Brian Clough, followed closely by his regular sparring partner Peter Taylor, transformed Nottingham Forest as it had Derby beforehand. Over the course of 908 games in 18 and a half years as manager Clough turned Forest from a provisional football club into a globally recognised name.

TdFH2.jpg?1

From a personal perspective he shaped my love of the game and of Forest. Having already secured double European glory and suffered an acrimonious split from Taylor by the time I became a regular fan he fashioned a young team that played with style, grace and a smile spawning a love in me that has never failed despite some tough times since.

More than ever Forest became known for attractive football played with a good spirit. Referees enjoyed visiting the City Ground sure of good manners and neutrals were attracted by the flowing football built around the pivot of young Nigel, who had sat as a child with his dad on the Forest bench in the 70’s watching the trophies pile up.

When the Clough era finally ended in relegation in the inaugural Premier League season of 1992-93 the farewell was loaded with emotion. No one left the ground after Forest’s fate was confirmed and the tears were not for relegation they were for a man who had shared our passion for a huge part of our lives – in some cases all of it.

R.I.P. Brian

Post Clough

It was never going to be easy for the club to transition out of the Clough era but Frank Clark did a good job of steadying the ship early on. He made an immediate return to the Premier League and led the club to an astonishing 3rd place finish the following year. That led to a European adventure in the UEFA Cup that took in Malmo, Auxerre and Lyon before coming to a nostalgic end against Bayern Munich, involving a return to the Olympic Stadium where Forest had beaten Malmo in the 1979 European Cup final.

The influx of money into football was something that Forest struggled to cope with, however, and when business vultures circled things began to go wrong. Clark left in exasperation and was followed by a string of managers who for a variety of reasons failed.

Dave Bassett had some initial success but the rot was setting in summed up by the appointment of ten “permanent” managerial appointments in the 18 years following Brian Clough’s own 18 year reign. Nigel Doughty a wealthy businessman and lifelong Forest fan invested heavily both financially and emotionally but the club sank into the Third Division before finally hitting the bottom of its post-Clough depression.

Colin Calderwood finally dragged the club back into the Championship before a big spending spree helped Billy Davies lead Forest back into a promotion challenge falling at the playoff semi-final stage for two season running. This ultimate failure to gain promotion led to a split between Doughty and Davies and the appointment of Steve McLaren in what sparked a terrible year for the club and the Doughty family.

By the end of the season Doughty was tragically dead and the club was in turmoil.

The Al-Hasawi Family

Out of the devastation of last season arose a Kuwaiti family of football fans who secured ownership of the club on 10 July 2012 ()it’s easy to forget that it was only a such a short time ago), announcing their takeover by the now familiar method of news dissemination - Fawaz Al-Hasawi’s Twitter account.

YqPZN.jpg?1

In reality little is known about the family that now runs Nottingham Forest but they have certainly made an impressive start to their time in charge. Having long been an advocate of sustainable football clubs I am in a slightly difficult position seeing my own club being run in what must be an unsustainable manner but at the same time the Al-Hasawis have not put a foot wrong since arriving in Nottingham.

First up was the appointment of former coach Sean O’Driscoll as manager. For me this was a dream move as O’Driscoll is an ideal fit for the role with his playing philosophy and his long term approach to managing a football club. Since then the club have added Gary Brazil as Assistant Youth Academy Director and John Pemberton as Development Coach underlining the long term nature of the job being done and returning the club to a focus on player development.

The owners themselves come across as enthusiastic football fans who are also prepared to invest in the first team having added a host of new players to a squad that desperately needed it, including some significant investment in the likes of Henri Lansbury and Simon Cox and the loans of Billy Sharp and Jermaine Jenas.

We must keep an eye focused on the finances and I am keen to see where that is leading as time goes on but the future at the moment looks very bright with money available and a wise head spending it in Sean O’Driscoll.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honours

First Division

• Winners 1977/1978

Second Division

• Winners 1906/1907, 1921/1922, 1997/1998

Third Division (South)

• Winners 1950/1951

Football Alliance

• Winners 1891/1892

FA Cup

• Winners 1898, 1959

League Cup

• Winners 1978, 1979, 1989, 1990

FA Charity Shield

• Winners 1978

Full Members Cup

• Winners 1989, 1980

European Cup

• Winners 1979, 1980

UEFA Super Cup

• Winners 1979

Anglo-Scottish Cup

• Winners 1977

Football League Centenary Tournament

• Winners 1988

Nottingham Forest in Football Manager 2013

Nation England

Year Founded 1865

Operating Status Professional

Nickname The Reds

Chairman Status Loves the club

Legends Stuart Pearce (Player), Brian Clough (Manager)

Icons John Robertson (Player), Martin O'Neill (Player), Des Walker (Player), John McGovern (Player), Peter Taylor (Backroom Staff), Nigel Clough (Player), Ian Storey-Moore (Player), Stan Collymore (Player)

Favoured Personnel Michael Dawson (Player)

Derbies East Midlands Derby (vs Derby), Nottingham Derby (vs Notts Co)

Fierce Rivals Derby (Local)

Other Rivals Leicester (Local), Sheff Utd (Local), Notts Co (Local), Mansfield (Local)

Finances Secure

Average Ticket Price £24

Average Season Ticket Price £440

Season Ticket Holders 13,400

Estimated Value £24M

Media Prediction 14th

Squad Personality Loyal

Captain Danny Collins

Vice-Captain Lee Camp

General Finances

Transfer Budget (Season) £5M

Transfer Budget (Remaining) £5M

% of transfer revenue made available 70%

Sponsors 1 year main kit sponsorship deal at £300K per season. Ends 2013.

3 year general sponsorship deal at £166K per season. Ends 2013

Loans Outstanding -

General Info

City Nottingham

Stadium Capacity 30576 all-seater

Year Built 1898

Owned By Nottm Forest

Stadium Condition Good

Under Soil Heating Yes

Roof No

Surface Grass

Pitch Dimensions Length: 102m, Width: 69m

Maximum Pitch Dimensions Length: 106m, Width: 71m

Pitch Condition Very Good

Training Facilities Good training facilities

Youth Facilities Adequate youth facilities

Youth Setup Category 2

Reserve Stadium New Manor Ground, Ilkeston

Youth Stadium Nigel Doughty Academy, Nottingham

Training Ground Nigel Doughty Academy, Nottingham

Corporate Facilities Adequate corporate facilities

Junior Coaching Adequate junior coaching

Youth Recruitment Above average youth recruitment

Analysing the Squad

Staff

Although my confidence in the real backroom staff at Forest is high looking on the game there is a need for some major work across all disciplines. The problem might be getting the right people in as I have had some issues with interest in some cases, Ricky Sbragia is sadly not interested in being my assistant, and also with offering acceptable contracts to some personnel, for example Jeff Vetere is an outstanding scout and although he is interested I was only able to offer him £850 a week when he wanted £1.2k. It is a frustrating problem given Forest’s finances and the small numbers involved.

Goalkeepers:

Lee Camp: A stalwart of recent seasons at the club and should be fine to continue that in the Championship. He is in the last year of his contract though so it is worth thinking about whether you want to keep him or put some time into finding a replacement.

Karl Darlow: A young keeper who is highly thought of at the club but you might want to get some more appropriate back up to Camp, especially if you are targeting a quick promotion.

Overview: There is not a lot of depth in this position and Camp is in the last year of his contract so definitely put some thought into replacements. There are a few ‘keepers around at the start of the game such as Richard Kingson and Mikkel Andersen or perhaps a younger option like Declan Rudd at Norwich City.

Defenders:

Danny Collins: A summer signing from Stoke City Collins is an experienced player and that could be vital with so much change having taken place at the club, especially in defence where none of last season’s first choice defence remains.

Daniel Ayala: On a season long loan from Norwich City and likely to be a key part of your defence.

Greg Halford: Can play in a number of positions but probably starts as first choice right back. His versatility could be very important though as the season progresses and he gives you options across the back four.

Dan Harding: Steady rather than exceptional his lack of pace could be an issue depending on how you like to play. As the only left back at the club though cover – if not a better option – will be needed.

Sam Hutchinson: A young full back on loan from Chelsea Hutchinson has been plagued by injuries, having previously retired from the game only to make a surprising comeback. With his salary being £8.5k for the duration of his loan you may want to think about a better value option and possibly send him back to Chelsea.

Brendan Moloney: A product of the Forest academy but his development has been impeded by having Chris Gunter, who is slightly his junior, ahead of him in the pecking order. Never lets anyone down when he makes an appearance he is good back up and has been an admirable servant. He is likely to be a player that you are looking to outgrow quite quickly though.

Jamal Lascelles: An exciting prospect of the Forest academy Lascelles is one to start blooding in the first team. He has a huge reputation at the club and is one that if developed correctly should be playing a big part in the future.

Overview: There are some good players in the defence but simply not enough for a season in the Championship. You definitely need another left back and I would seriously consider another right back and centre half, probably releasing Hutchinson and reducing Moloney’s role. A good place to look might be Motherwell who are well served for promising defenders. At left back there is also Asier Del Horno available on a free at the start of the game.

Midfielders:

Simon Gillett: A free transfer from Doncaster Gillett has made an impressive start for Forest. He provides a good option for Anchor Man or another defensive midfield role but is a player you are likely to outgrow quite quickly.

Guy Moussi: The other defensive midfielder in the squad Moussi should do a decent job at this level.

Chris Cohen: Although Cohen recently signed a new contract this has not made it into the game so he is in his final year. Ever reliable he can play centrally or wide on the left and is an excellent player at Championship level.

Adlene Guedioura: An instant hit on loan last season Guedioura joined permanently from Wolves in the summer and is another strong option for central midfield or on the right side of a diamond formation.

Henri Lansbury: A summer signing from Arsenal Lansbury can play either centrally or wide and is likely to be a key figure in your squad once he recovers from injury which will keep him out of the first few weeks.

Andy Reid: Undoubtedly talented the difficulty may be fitting Reid into your midfield given his lack of pace and stamina. He is also on £15k a week so although having some clear strengths maybe isn’t the best value.

Lewis McGugan: As with the other creative players at Forest there are limitations to McGugan but he should be able to provide necessary creativity at this level.

Radoslaw Majewski: And again another creative player who should be capable at this level but is unlikely to make the step up if you make it.

James Coppinger: On loan from Docaster and does provide some welcome width to the squad. Someone with pace might be a better option though.

Jonathan Greening: Has failed to live up to his billing and given his wages is one for the Not Wanted list I think.

Overview: There are some good options in midfield especially centrally but there is a real lack of width and pace which means you lack some flexibility in your tactics. I would certainly look to address that although you should still have enough quality here to mount a promotion challenge.

Strikers

Simon Cox: A quality striker for this level and should get you goals. Can play as an AMC or as an inside forward as well as a central striker.

Billy Sharp: Another quality striker but possibly s bit similar to Cox. The question will be whether you play the two together or pick one and risk annoying the other. Good problems to have though.

Dexter Blackstock: Again at this level Blackstock is a very good player and you are well served in this position allowing for rotation through the season without a drop in quality.

Marcus Tudgay: Tudgay isn’t bad and can play wide on the right as well as upfront. He might be worth keeping as a 4th choice but given his wages and the quality of those ahead of him it might make more sense to invest in a young striker.

Ishmael Miller: Miller is on loan at Middlesbrough but Forest are paying all of his £17k a week wages which seems crazy. Cancel the loan and try to get rid on a better deal.

Matt Derbyshire: Get rid.

Robbie Findlay: Get rid.

Overview: There are 3 quality strikers in Cox, Sharp and Blackstock although none of them have much pace. Depending on what formation and style you want to play it might be worth seeking out a young striker with pace to balance your frontline. Otherwise get rid of the deadwood and free up space in your wage budget for bigger priorities – or maybe to invest in the youth facilities.

Why should I play as Forest?

It is an exciting time to be a Forest fan and as such an exciting time to take charge of the club in FM13. Forest have been down on their luck for some time now having dropped into League One for three years and found it difficult to find their personality and soul, despite the ownership of a committed fan in Nigel Doughty. Ironically, now in the hands of the Kuwaiti Al-Hasawi they are re-connecting with the things that matter at Forest.

You will inherit a good Championship squad and start with a decent transfer budget of £5M to add to it so it should be possible to mount an immediate promotion challenge, however, the owners are realistic expecting only a top half finish in this first year so you can try to build a club to be proud of by focusing on youth and working in your own - hopefully passing - style.

This great club with an astonishing history could be on the verge of a return to glory and you have the chance to take them there.

Records

Team

Biggest League win -

Biggest win in a domestic Cup game -

Biggest win in European Competition -

Biggest Derby Win -

Highest scoring game -

Most goals scored in one league season -

Least goals conceded in one league season -

Largest goal difference at end of season -

Most points in one season -

Most games won in a row -

Most games without defeat -

Most games without conceding a goal -

Fastest goal scored -

Most League Titles in a row -

Most Champions League Titles in a row -

Players

Most goals scored in one game -

Most goals scored in one season -

Most assists in one season -

Most MotM awards in one season -

Fastest hat-trick -

Fastest double hat-trick -

Youngest goalscorer -

Highest average rating over 1 season (30 games+ needed) –

Fastest Red Card -

Transfers

Most spent on one player -

Most received for one player -

Thanks to previous post creators from whom I have pinched some of the items in this opening post.

Enjoy your Forest save.

Are you a fan of Derbyshire? My logic for that is that we have Cox, Sharp and Blackstock who I consider to be 3 very good Championship strikers. For me that is probably enough as I tend to play 1 upfront but if I was to add a 4th striker I would want some real pace to give me some variety. Derbyshire is on good money and doesn't have that pace so by moving him on you should create plenty of room for a young, fast striker to fill that role.

Are you a fan of Derbyshire? My logic for that is that we have Cox, Sharp and Blackstock who I consider to be 3 very good Championship strikers. For me that is probably enough as I tend to play 1 upfront but if I was to add a 4th striker I would want some real pace to give me some variety. Derbyshire is on good money and doesn't have that pace so by moving him on you should create plenty of room for a young, fast striker to fill that role.

I send Derbyshire and Findlay out on loan for the season, i play 2 up top usually cox and blackstock (poacher and Target man combination) with Sharp and Tudgay as cover or rotation.

Been thinking of trying to bring in Craig Gordon as my NO#1, think we'll be able to afford his wages?

With the hefty £5m there is a wealth of bargain Scandanavia talent that may make the move to Forest, I'm gonna try and bleed any promising youngsters I get through the club but other than that I think my ethos will be to bring in quality, cheap Scandanavia's and sell them for major profit so the club stays sustainable.

Good work on the thread man, very good read

Been thinking of trying to bring in Craig Gordon as my NO#1, think we'll be able to afford his wages?

With the hefty £5m there is a wealth of bargain Scandanavia talent that may make the move to Forest, I'm gonna try and bleed any promising youngsters I get through the club but other than that I think my ethos will be to bring in quality, cheap Scandanavia's and sell them for major profit so the club stays sustainable.

Good work on the thread man, very good read

he won't join forest...

Thats the philosophy I had in my game. I had Luke James join from Hartlepool at the end of the first season, and he banged home a few goals as a backup in the 2nd year.

started my game with Forest yesterday, transfers so far:

IN:

Asier Del Horno (Free)

Adam Smith (Loan)

Davide Petrucci (500K)

Gerson (1.2m however not arriving until end of the season)

OUT

Jonathan Greening (220K)

also trying to get rid of Reid and Findlay

can anyone recommend a decent backup GK?

Matt Derbyshire: Get rid :eek:

There was a hint of sarcasm there :brock:

The annoying thing i have found with forest is that once the transfer budget is gone, the board will not put in more money at all. where as leicester will pump in more and more money. i won the champ with forest 1st season but only got a budget of 7m :mad:

The annoying thing i have found with forest is that once the transfer budget is gone, the board will not put in more money at all. where as leicester will pump in more and more money. i won the champ with forest 1st season but only got a budget of 7m :mad:

Thats a bit of a work in progress...

Rubbish, means you have to be very shrewd with Transfers

Started earlier - so. no Jenas - and also with skipping first transfer window. Just by principle.

So far, so good I have to say - after 12 games fifth in the table.

Using mainly 4411 tactics, after full's game release performance is very balanced and suprisingly steady. Conceding few goals (which is quite something with current defensive set-up in Forest) and this is the main reason for the good start.

Will keep you updated when thread stays alive.

I'm having a right old problem with defence. I brought in Louis Nery and Adam Smith as full backs, but I think the problem could be Ayala and Collins as a CB pairing. Both of them Averaging low 6's every game. Could do with bringing in 2 new CB but options are few and far between.

I'm having a right old problem with defence. I brought in Louis Nery and Adam Smith as full backs, but I think the problem could be Ayala and Collins as a CB pairing. Both of them Averaging low 6's every game. Could do with bringing in 2 new CB but options are few and far between.

if you're playing highish d-line (even a bit above normal), Collins is hopelessly slow. Ayala has been a rock for me, one of the best performers, rotating other CB's together with him.

Don't know how/why I did it but I have sort-off managed to get a defence together using Sam Hutchinson or Louis Nery at right back, Adam Smith left back, Ayala and either Collins or Lascalles at centre back.

Think there must be a bug in the game, Ayala has won young player of the month for the first 3 months of the season.

Have started a game with Forest, mainly down to the fact that they have a decent squad for the division and the board don't have very high expectations. This has helped me sort my tactics out and I seem to be doing ok. After 28 games I am 6th. Beating the tougher opponents and losing to the easier opponents as many are experiencing.

My signings in the first window were:

Noel Makombo-Eboma £16k

Iain Vigurs £180k

Anthony Wordsworth £975k

Aaron Sinclair £190k

Craig Alcock £1.4m

Jack Hingert £300k

Peter Gulacsi on season long loan

Out went

Robbie Findley £950k

Jonathan Greening £275k

Matt Derbyshire on loan

Marcus Tudgay £250k

Brendan Moloney £250k

Using a 4-2-3-1 formation with wing backs and its going fairly well. Billy Sharp has 27 goals in 28 games in all competitions. My key players are Halford, Sharp and Vigurs.

Just brought in Luke James in January and hoping to move on up the table. Wolves are 13 points clear of Blackpool in 2nd so finishing top is highly unlikely.

My most successful transfers so far have been:

Left back Tsepo Masilela from Kaizer Chiefs £1.2 million

Right back/DM Anthony Vanden Borre on a free.

I haven't found a good enough right winger (or one who is affordable) yet, so have been playing a diamond in midfield away from home and either Geds, Majewski or Lansbury wide at home. So far Raddi has been the best performer.

Started my game the other night, saw this threw and thought Id take on a forest challenge. So far played about 8 league games and I've only been defeated once - away at Blackburn 3-2 (despite leading 2-1 at half time). I did manage a 2-1 win at Cardiff tho, scoring both goals in the dying moments of the game.

Upto now, cox has been a beast for me. His linkup play with pohjanpalo has been great, and he's scoring some great goals. I signed del horno, and a guy called lejcaks for left back position, and upto now lecjaks is first choice. Signed Michael keane from man utd too and he's keepin Collins out of the team. Tried to not sign too many players tho as there's already a good team there. My personal goal is to get in or around the playoffs. I think we could possibly get promotion this year, but I'm quite keen to stabilise and sign a few players next summer who could play in the championship but then would be capable of making the step up - rather than signing loads of players when I do eventually get promoted.

Coppinger has been great down the right for me too.

I play a simple 442, with mcgugan/Cohen rotating the playmaker role next to a ball winner. Coppinger is a right midfielder but set to winger, and I rotate Lansbury and Reid as left sided midfielder in a support role. Lecjaks as a wing back gets some great crosses in and cox as a deep lying forward with pohjanpalo as a poacher. I did intend to use sharp but he started poorly so lost his place, and then he got a 3 month injury.

Also had a decent little capital one cup run, putting out Accrington, Leicester and Sunderland all away from home. Cox with the winner in a 1-0 win in extra time at the stadium of light.

Struggling to get the best out of Lansbury so far though. Would I be more suited to play him out on the right?

Really into this game, think it'll be a long runner.

if you are looking for a decent right winger, take a look at Barca B, they transfer listed a few of the young players, including Kiko femenia ( right winger with

PA ) as well as Sergi Gomez ( DC ) and Carles Planas ( DL ) for peanuts, i think you could get all 3 for under 1 million, you might need the spanish league loaded though

So after a long and hard season I managed to somehow secure 2nd spot in the Championship behind Brighton.

Transfers In:

Loans - Adam Smith (Spurs), Frimpong (Arsenal), Leroy Lita (Swansea)

Transfers - Dave Edwards £2.3m from Wolves. Dennis Knight from Newcastle £120k (future prospect).

Transfers Out - Greg Halford £600k and Greening 150k

Season Overview

Began the season with a shocking 8-0 away win at Blackpool. Another win at home to Boro was followed by back to back defeats and this seemed to be the story for the season. I could never get a good winning run, it was always win 2 games, then maybe a draw or loss followed by the same result. I think my game was indicative of the real life Championship as I finished 2nd having lost 13 games.

Players

Cox was top scorer with 33 goals in 46 apps, Sharp had 17 in 37 and behind that was Lita with 8 in 33 (mainly sub). The midfielders made very little goalscoring contribution. I used the formation 4-1-2-1-2. I tended to start with Sharp and Cox up front, Majewski in behind and rotated the midfield between Edwards, Reid, Cohen and Guedioura. Moussi/Frimpong had the anchor role. But I could never get a settled midfield, they were either out of form or struggling for fitness.

Daniel Ayala was the biggest shock of he game for me (perhaps my real life feelings that I don't rate him overflow into the game.) He started and finished every game scoring the highest rating of 7.67. To be fair, he was a rock at the back. I developed Lascalles well throughout the season and though his form dipped towards the end he was a quality player and should be good for the premiership.

I'll keep you all updated with my Premiership campaign.

SO pre season is about to begin and I realise that after releasing a few players here and there I only actually have 4 defenders. Bad decision making, so as usual with football manager i've gone on a transfer spree and managed to bring in a few players. The board set my transfer budget at £9 million. So it looks like bargains and loans is the way forward.

Transfers In:

Jermaine Jenas Free

Billy Sharp £2.5m

Danie Ayala £4.3m

Tiago Gomes

Danny Higginbotham

Lerory Lita £600k

Ignasi Miquel

Players released on a free included Andy Reid, Mcgoldrick, Mcgugan, Moloney. The problem with these players is they had no value even though Reid and Mcgugan played 20+ games and averaged near 7 for the season. For some reason both of them were valued around the £50k mark which is shocking.

Home from work, had a quick blast and started with some shocking results. Defeats at home to Watford and away at Ipswich were followed by a 4-2 win at Hull and a 1-1 draw with Birmingham. I also managed a cheeky 4-1 away win over Bolton in the Capital One Cup, with Blackstock picking up a hat trick. Last Championship side left in the tournament now, and I drew Swansea away in the quarter final. All well and good... but they're second in the league and playing excellently. Grim.

Cox's form has dipped a touch, and I'm lacking a second goal scoring striker without Sharp. Look forward to his return. Pohjanpalo is a good prospect, and Blackstock is alright, but neither are reliable. Still doing alright in the league though, and confident of finishing in the top 10 - which is my own personal goal. This Capital One Cup run has been exciting too - if not a bit draining on the players!

Gotta drag myself away from FM for the evening now, which is a shame. That 4-1 over Bolton was a great result - and I hate leaving a save like that!!

Finally started my forest game and took a while to get used to the fact we've got money to spend.

Sold - Derbyshire , majewski , Greening , Findley , Moloney and tudgay for a combined £5.25m

Bought - Wellington Nem , Adryan , Strandberg , Larsen , Hateley , Johansen and Svensson for £8m

After 14 games sitting 1st with Sharp banging the goals in for fun and through to the quarters of the league cup , only downside so far is Lee Camp could really do with another keeper but aint been able to find anyone better yet.

Ideas would be appreciated

Started a Forest save last week and really enjoying it so far, don't understand how people can sell all the players as I struggled! Managed to sell only Maloney, Finlay and Tudgay for not very much either. A few I could only get rid of on loans as well and not great loans really. I signed Alexander Manninger on a free who has been fantastic for me as number 1 GK, other key signings were Lee Wallace, Chidi Odiah and Darwin Quintero all performing brilliant.

Quintero has 25 goals in the league in 28 games and heads the assists charts as well with 12. Sharp has 17 goals so both strikers been in great form together. Sitting top with a nice gap just in time for the usual between feb and april slump I normally have on previous FM's so im pretty confident of at least 2nd now. Currently in semi final second leg of Capital One cup having lost the first leg 1 nil to Wolves and still in FA cup going strong.

From what people have been saying about finances for promotion, I really am fearing it as I have no money at all just now and losing money each month. My team is not good enough for prem at all and have a few loan players who will be returning to the club so going to have to do some serious wheeling and dealing.

Coppinger has went back to his club and cant get him to return again so my question is would Lansbury play well on the right? He has been appalling for me in the centre this season but wanted to play him as he is young.

Camp is a solid keeper. Kept me in a few games upto now. I'm just about to take on Swansea in the Capital One Cup. Been winning a lot recently, and it's pretty much all down to Cox, he's a great talent.

Thanks cms186 for tipping Kiko, I've scouted him and tapped him up a bit. Just been informed he;s on the transfer list, however he's not. But I presume once I've got the busy christmas out the way he'll be on the list. And I'll definitely be in for him!

Still not working out with Lansbury for me. Tried him in a multitude of positions, but he just doesn't perform as well as I'd like him to! Ayala, on the other hand, is a beast!

Archived