+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

Third Team

Fantastic start and currently in a playoff place which is good,hope you can improve your form slightly to give you a better chance.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner

Quote Originally Posted by iHeadHunta x View Post
    A brilliant start to the league i think! I would also leave next year if I was you mate!
    Thats my line of thought at the moment. If we somehow got promoted though I would have to seriously consider staying.

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Fantastic start and currently in a playoff place which is good,hope you can improve your form slightly to give you a better chance.
    If we can hit a consistant bit of form then I dont see why we cant make the Play-Off's but at the moment we're a little hit & miss.

SRL88's Career - January 2016 - Darlington FC

League One

What an excellent month January was for us with the only blip coming against Hull in a game we really didnt deserve to lose. We really took the game to them and could have come away with much more than a 3-2 defeat. I was pretty pleased with the lads so I wasnt to hard on them, but against Charlton I was preparing to lay into them. We were 2-0 down against them after 75mins and what followed was nothing short of a miracle. I tweaked my tactics to go more attacking, brought on Daniel to give us an extra body in midfield and we blew them away.

We took the confidence we gained from the Charlton result into the next two games against struggling opposition. We had to battle for victory over Orient but deserved a victory before we got our best result of the season with a fantastic win over Brentford.

FA Cup

A pretty shocking performance led to a poor and annoying defeat. Crawley were by far the better side and deserved to go through. One again our FA Cup run ends in the 3rd Round.

Transfers

I brought the lads back on loan who I had from Liverpool. Their loan deals expired in December and I made them my main targets for the window. I also brought in Dean Marney on a free transfer till the end of the season to add experience to the squad and also to give us a bit of quality in the midfield.

Part-Timer

A nice month there SRL! Barring the Crawley game ofcourse. Things looks like they are going well, I'm sure you're going to go up.

Hat-tricks against Charlton & Brentford give the Liverpool youngster a fully deserved award.

Quote Originally Posted by malikoi View Post
    A nice month there SRL! Barring the Crawley game ofcourse. Things looks like they are going well, I'm sure you're going to go up.
    Cheers Mali .

I can see us finishing in the Play-Off's, but not sure about promotion. I like the belief though!!!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Cheers Mali .

I can see us finishing in the Play-Off's, but not sure about promotion. I like the belief though!!!
    It's deserved. Only 7 points off automatic promotion, that's easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by malikoi View Post
    It's deserved. Only 7 points off automatic promotion, that's easy to get.
    Its going to be close I think.

Darlington Fixtures
    Chesterfield Fixtures

Depending on how close we are, the last 2 games for both will decide it. I also take belief from the fact their squad is soooooooooooo small.

Third Team

Going right down to the wire,although Chesterfield have been impressive with such a small squad.

Hope you can snatch it

Going right down to the wire,although Chesterfield have been impressive with such a small squad.

Hope you can snatch it
    Fingers crossed!!!

If we can somehow get promoted, the work I have done with Darlington will be up there with my favourite achievements on FM .

SRL88's Career - February 2016 - Darlington FC

League One

Such a frustrating bloody month. We played well against Southampton and deserved a draw. To hold the pace setters (at the time) was a very pleasing thing. We followed that up with a very annoying defeat away to Hereford. It was an even game but the lack of composure we had infront of goal had me nearly throwing my laptop. We faced Bristol Rovers next in a game which should have been a walkover but ended up p*ssing me off equally. They went down to 10 men after 15mins and we scored 2 before half time. I was delighted and thought that should be it. Their confidence was low and we were in control, but guess what.....we thought we would just let them have all the possession in the 2nd half and they dominated with 10 men. In the end we hung on to win 2-1 when it really should have been more. Two more very annoying performances followed as we slipped down the table.

A nice milestone reached during February .

Reserves

Looks like you need to focus on playoffs for now.

Our latest set of youth intakes give me these three prospects:

SRL88's Career - March 2016 - Darlington FC

League One

We done alright but I am starting to become increasingly frustrated with life in Darlington. We were pretty shocking away to Preston but nicked a win before thumping Walsall which pleased me. Away to Luton we went down to 10 men early in the first half in what I can only describe about as bad as the sending off Gary Cahill received away to Spurs this season. Much to my shock we scored 3 goals in the first half and I was shocked. I really didnt expect it. Again, much like the previous month the second half was completely different. We were still 3 goals to the good after 70mins but we threw it all away and ended up luckily leaving with a 3-3 draw. We played sh*t against Millwall before a much needed win over Rochdale.

We seriously need to buck our ideas up to make the Play-Off's because I cant see us making them at the minute. We still have a League Two defence and midfield and its becomming obvious. The lads I have from Liverpool are all attacking minded which shows in our goals scored, but we are so bad in defence. We're our own worst enemy to be honest. I could probably make a list on one hand of goals that we have conceded from our opponents quality. They all seem to come from our own stupid errors and we need to cut them out quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Looks like you need to focus on playoffs for now.
    I cant actually see us making them the way we're playing.

SRL88's Career - April/May 2016 - Darlington FC

League One

Well we done it...but it wasnt without nearly causing me a few heart attacks!!! What a weird end to the season it was. The amount of goals is ridiculous. We started April with a fantastic win over Peterborough with a fantastic 4 goals by Andy Lancaster, before a very solid victory over Tranmere.

A poor defeat to Torquay followed before we played Champions Chesterfield. I dont think I have ever played a game which has gone from a high to a low, to damn rigth annoying so quick. Rather than talk about it, just look. Another Sunday League match ended the season as we played our part in an entertaining yet annoying defeat to Exeter.

I cant say that it suprises me. I have delayed the decision till the end of the season so I can see how we get on in the Play-Off's but I highly doubt I will re-sign.

SRL88's Career - Darlington FC

League One Play-Off Semi-Final

So following our fantastic season, yet frustrating a the same time we achieved an amazing feat by reaching the League One Play-Off's. We drew Torquay in the Semi-Final and based off our past meetings Torquay had the upper hand.

1st Leg

A much needed victory in the 1st Leg to give us the advantage. Its our first victory over Torquay and we needed it to give us a chance in the return leg and in doing so, we brought in a handy amount of cash.

2nd Leg

Fantastic!!! We did exactly what we had to and put in a brilliant performance to battle our way to the Play-Off Final. I knew they would come at us so I set us up with a rigid style and to hit them on the counter. With Lancaster's pace upfront on his own and Daniel playing just off him it worked a treat as we grabbed a 2-2 draw to reach yet another Play-Off Final during my tenure and give us a great chance of a third promotion in a row.
    Last edited by SRL88; 20-02-2012 at 09:49.

Subs Bench

Good look in the final SRL88.

Even if you do get promotion, I would still consider your future, depending on what other jobs you reckon you could get/are offered.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    Good look in the final SRL88.

Even if you do get promotion, I would still consider your future, depending on what other jobs you reckon you could get/are offered.
    Cheers Tom .

Semi Pro

Good luck in the final!

I agree with Tom, you should definitely look elsewhere even with promotion!

Thumbs up

SRL88's Career - Darlington FC

League One Play-Off Final

Following our victory over Torquay we moved into the League One Play-Off Final and standing in our way from a 3rd successive promotion was Bury. Having played each other twice this season we went in on even playing field with both of us holding a victory over the other.

Bury went into the game as favourites but we have defied the odds pretty much all season so I knew we stood a chance. I set up the side in similar fashion to the one that beat Torquay and remained confident of pulling off a victory.

The Match

Unbelievable Jeff!!! I dont know whether to jump for joy at the fact of being promoted or be annoyed for the crap defending. I think I will go with the former in what can only be described as an unbelievable achievement for a club who when I took over 3 1/2 seasons ago were sat 14th in the Blue Square Premier.

The first half can only be described as unreal. We fell behind for the third game in a row in the 1st minute but we hit them back in extraordinary fashion with Andy Lancaster scoring an amazing five goals before half time. Every attack just seemed to fall to his feet and every effort on goal hit the back of the net. As we arrived in the dressing room following the half time whistle everyone was buzzing. I told the lads how fantastic they were playing but they needed to keep their efforts up, knowing that Bury Manager Richard O'Kelly would be blowing his lid in the opposite dressing room trying to get a reaction out of his players.

As the second half kicked off I could sense straight away that Bury would be coming at us. It never took them long and they pulled a goal back after 50 minutes and then got another not long after to make me wonder why every time I say this team is playing well and to keep it up at half time, we decide not to and just our opponents back into the game. This unbelievable game took even more twists as we broke up a Bury attack and hit them on the counter for loanee Daniel to tap in a 6th for us with 24 minutes to go. The ever reliable Jeff Henderson bundled a ball into his own net to give us what looked set to be a nervy finish, but from a corner with time running out, captain Matthew Saunders rose like a salmon to smash a header home to give us an amazing 7-4 victory as we capped off an amazing season, with an amazing promotion which means Darlington Football Club will be playing Championship football next season!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    Good luck in the final!

I agree with Tom, you should definitely look elsewhere even with promotion!
    Cheers HC .

I think I will be moving on....but look up .

Reserves

That's quite a wow.

Semi Pro

Nightmare for their keeper, 8 shots on target, usually gets you around 2 goals maybe more.

You got 7.

SRL88's Career - Season Review - 2016/17 - Darlington FC

League One - Results 1 - Results 2 - Results 3 (5th - Promoted via Play-Off's)

What a fantastic season. Im still coming to terms with what we have achieved. Following the success over the last two seasons I didnt think it could get any better but boy was I wrong. In what I expected to be a very difficult season and with the media pretty much giving us no chance, we ignored the script and found ourselves in the Play-Off spots for most the season.

Our form dipped after Christmas but we managed to secure a Play-Off spot and thats when we decided it was time to change our fortunes. Following a 4-3 aggregate victory over Torquay, we took another drip down the M1 to Wembley for the 4th time during my management. In what was an unbelievable Final, we played our part in a epic thriller to beat Bury 7-4 and earn the right to be playing Championship football next season.

FA Cup (Lost in 3rd Round)

We done well to get to the 3rd Round, but Championship side Crawley were to powerfull for us and we crashed out.

League Cup (Lost in 1st Round)

We put up a spirited performance against Hull but they were to strong for us in just our 2nd game of the season.

Johnstones Paint Trophy (Lost in 1st Round)

A poor performance which the result doesnt show. We really, really should have been beaten by more.

Transfers - Finances

Some really good transfers this season. The Liverpool players we brought in made the major differences for us, but the likes of Recktenwald, Marney and Ajagbe were solid signings who played their part in our amazing season.
    The finances are ok I suppose. Attendances are getting better, but we were close to £1m in the red until our Play-Off success which majorly helped.

Squad

Could be better. Our defence and midfield was still effectively a League Two one and it showed in the amount of goals we conceded and often being bossed in the middle of the park. We made up for that though with a lethal attack in a Newcastle esk style of you score 2, we'll score 3 way.

My Top 3 Players

Georges Guerin
    Daniel
    Andy Lancaster

I couldnt really look elsewhere could I? Brought in on loan from parent club Liverpool, I can happily hold my hands up and say that these three really are the reason we have been promoted. Our best three performers, top goalscorer, the list goes on. If Darlington FC has any chance of survival in the Championship, these three lads really should be brought back.

Andy Lancaster is something special. He was a monster for League One. He broke record after record in a brilliant season for him personally.

Code:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  Team            | League                  |  Country | League Position |  Notes                                            |
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2011/12 |  Kirklareli Spor | Second Division Group A |  Turkey  | 5th             |  Play-Off Quater Finalists                        |
    | 2012/13 |  Kirklareli Spor | Second Division Group A |  Turkey  | 3rd             |  Play-Off Semi Finalists                          |
    | 2013/14 |  Darlington      | Blue Square Premier     |  England | 4th             |  Play-Off Semi Finalists, FA Trophy Runners-Up,   |
                                                                                           Appointed in October                             |
    | 2014/15 |  Darlington      | Blue Square Premier     |  England | 2nd             |  Promoted via Play-Offs, FA Trophy Runners-Up     |
    | 2015/16 |  Darlington      | League Two              |  England | 3rd             |  Promoted                                         |
    | 2016/17 |  Darlington      | League One              |  England | 5th             |  Promoted via Play-Offs                           |
    Next Season?

Thats it for me with Darlington. What we have achieved is nothing short of amazing, but we wont be able to hack it in the Championship. Ive achieved all I can with this club because I cant see it going any further forward. Since Christmas especially I have been very stressed watching us and its affected my home life. I love the North-East, its where Im from and its nice to have given something to my community, but its time for me to move on. I need a bit of a break from the stress I have had in the last 5 month and hopefully I will get it.

How are my Former Clubs Doing?

Kirklareli Spor

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League                  |  League Position |  Notes                         |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2013/14 |  Second Division Group A |  11th            |  -                             |
    | 2014/15 |  Second Division Group A |  9th             |  -                             |
    | 2015/16 |  Second Division Group A |  5th             |  Lost in Play-Off Semi Final   |
    | 2016/17 |  Second Division Group A |  5th             |  Lost in Play-Off Semi Final   |
    Another Play-Off defeat for the Turks. Add the Play-Off's we reached under my management thats 4 in 6 seasons and still no promotion. Wonder if it will ever happen!!!
    Last edited by SRL88; 20-01-2012 at 23:43.

A Look Around The World

Here I will post the winners of the major competitions in and around the World. Any others, just ask and I can update for you!!!

Club - Domestic

English Premier League

2011/12 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man City
    2012/13 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Arsenal 3rd Liverpool
    2013/14 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man Utd
    2014/15 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Liverpool 3rd Arsenal
    2015/16 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man City
    2016/17 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Man City 3rd Liverpool

FA Cup

2011/12 - Winners Tottenham Runners-Up Everton
    2012/13 - Winners West Ham Runners-Up Liverpool
    2013/14 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Norwich
    2014/15 - Winners Wolves Runners-Up Birmingham
    2015/16 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Barnsley
    2016/17 - Winners Leicester Runners-Up Chelsea

League Cup

2011/12 - Winners Fulham Runners-Up Reading
    2012/13 - Winners Tottenham Runners-Up West Brom
    2013/14 - Winners Wolves Runners-Up Chelsea
    2014/15 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Aston Villa
    2015/16 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Liverpool
    2016/17 - Winners West Brom Runners-Up Man City

La Liga

2011/12 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd Athletic Club
    2012/13 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Villarreal
    2013/14 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Athletic Club 3rd Barcelona
    2014/15 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Valencia
    2015/16 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd At. Madrid
    2016/17 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Real Madrid

Bundesliga

2011/12 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Werder Bremen 3rd Schalke
    2012/13 - 1st Dortmund 2nd Bayern Munich 3rd Schalke
    2013/14 - 1st Leverkusen 2nd Dortmund 3rd Bayern Munich
    2014/15 - 1st Leverkusen 2nd Bayern Munich 3rd Schalke
    2015/16 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Schalke 3rd Leverkusen
    2016/17 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Schalke 3rd Leverkusen

Serie A

2011/12 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Napoli 3rd Lazio
    2012/13 - 1st Inter 2nd Juventus 3rd Napoli
    2013/14 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Inter 3rd Juventus
    2014/15 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Inter 3rd Sampdoria
    2015/16 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Parma 3rd Palermo
    2016/17 - 1st Palermo 2nd AC Milan 3rd Fiorentina

French Ligue 1

2011/12 - 1st Valenciennes 2nd Bordeaux 3rd Marseille
    2012/13 - 1st Lyon 2nd Marseille 3rd Sochaux
    2013/14 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd RC Lens
    2014/15 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille
    2015/16 - 1st PSG 2nd Lyon 3rd Marseille
    2016/17 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille

Club - Europe

Champions League

2011/12 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Man Utd
    2012/13 - Winners AC Milan Runners-Up Barcelona
    2013/14 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Liverpool
    2014/15 - Winners PSG Runners-Up Barcelona
    2015/16 - Winners AC Milan Runners-Up At. Madrid
    2016/17 - Winners Barcelona Runners-Up Real Madrid

Europa League

2011/12 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Rubin Kazan
    2012/13 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Porto
    2013/14 - Winners Chelsea Runners-Up Napoli
    2014/15 - Winners Benfica Runners-Up Bayern Munich
    2015/16 - Winners Man City Runners-Up Aston Villa
    2016/17 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Roma

International

World Cup

2014 - Winners France Runners-Up Ghana 3rd Place England Hosts Brazil

European Championships

2012 - Winners Germany Runners-Up France Hosts Ukraine/Poland
    2016 - Winners Spain Runners-Up Belgium Hosts France
    Last edited by SRL88; 20-01-2012 at 23:50.

That's quite a wow.
    That was kind of my reaction .

Nightmare for their keeper, 8 shots on target, usually gets you around 2 goals maybe more.

You got 7.
    Haha. He did get a 4.9 .

Reserves

Been a great time at Darlington.

Linked

Offered..........................Rejected!!

Been a great time at Darlington.
    It definitelty has. Really enjoyed my time with them but its time to move on.

Sorry Mr.Chairman...but its time for me to move on!!!

An improved offer, but Im still rejecting.

Part-Timer

Wonder where you will be next!

So I officially hand in my resignation on June 1st 2017. I could have allowed my contract to expire but with players contracts expiring at the end of the month I thought it was a better idea for the club to bring someone in so they get the chance to sign players on a free whilst they still could.

I wouldnt exactly say mass!!!

Wonder where you will be next!
    Not sure yet. There are jobs available, but I think I would like a couple of months with a break so I wont be applying for anything just yet.

An interesting offer and one which I amconsidering...but surely my reputation is a little higher than a team who finished 8th in the Hyundai A-League!!! Your thoughts?

Also, my replacement at Darlington is ex Leyton Orient Manager (at the start of the game) Terry Connor.

SRL88's Career - New Job Update - New Zealand

Name: New Zealand
    Nickname: All Whites
    Stadium: North Harbour Stadium (26,500 - 21,500 seated)

Well this is a bit of a turn. Ive received numerous job opportunities since my resignation at Darlington. Its been a month since I stepped down at the now Championship club and I have received offers to take over at Tianjin (China), Gold Coast Utd (Australia), SC Genemuiden (Holland) and Avai (Brazil), all of which didnt suit me at this time. I wanted a little bit of space and a break from management to be honest, but when the job offer came along I couldnt say no. It gives me a great opportunity to raise my reputation worldwide and also means Im back in management without it being full-time.

Expectations:
    World Cup Qualifying:- Wont be judged (Qualified from Oceania section, waiting for Play-Off vervus CONCACAF Nation)

My Expectations:
    World Cup Qualifying:- Reach the World Cup

Its only 1 year until the 2018 FIFA World Cup. My aim is to get the nation there, play the tournament and then get myself back into club management.

Amateur

Great reading SRL88. Great choice with the Kiwi's btw, should get them to the WC no problems.

Third Team

7-4 in a playoff final...woah!

Good luck with the kiwi's, no club until after the WC though?

Semi Pro

Good luck with New Zealand, although I would have taken the Gold Coast job

Quote Originally Posted by Parkera View Post
    Great reading SRL88. Great choice with the Kiwi's btw, should get them to the WC no problems.
    Cheers fella .

Quote Originally Posted by hursty2 View Post
    7-4 in a playoff final...woah!

Good luck with the kiwi's, no club until after the WC though?
    Thats the plan at the minute, but if a job comes up in October in the Championship or in a nation whose season is actually finished then I will probably take one. The second half of the season at Darlington made me want to throw my laptop, so being offered the jobs I did I think I would have been doing the same again.

Good luck with New Zealand, although I would have taken the Gold Coast job
    Cheers!!! I didnt fancy it mate. If I was going to take one it would have been Avai in Brazil. They had a £2m transfer budget & quite a nice wage one, but I just fancied a little break from the hustle and bustle of club management for now.

Youth Team

Wonderful job in the playoffs - I knew Lancaster would be a hit! I'd be giving him games in the Premier League if I were the Liverpool boss so who knows why he dropped down to League One.

Good luck with New Zealand! I'd have taken the Avai job personally but a sojourn in international management should be good too.

Part-Timer

Good luck with New Zealand!

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Wonderful job in the playoffs - I knew Lancaster would be a hit! I'd be giving him games in the Premier League if I were the Liverpool boss so who knows why he dropped down to League One.

Good luck with New Zealand! I'd have taken the Avai job personally but a sojourn in international management should be good too.
    I strongly considered their offer more than any but it just wasnt for me. Fancied a bit of a change and thats why I accepted New Zealand.

As for Lancaster, he is still sat in the reserves on the loan list. Why Darlington havent gone back in for him is beyond me!!!

Cheers .

Just thought I would pop along .

They were ok, but deserved to lose. Attendances are at about 10,000.

Reserves

Looks like an interesting thing to do for now.

SRL88's Career - Friendly - New Zealand

So my first match as Manager of the New Zealand national team is coming up in a friendly at home to Afghanistan.

There is a limited range of talent available for selection in New Zealand so I doubt I will be able to give many people to much of a chance and it might be the same squad throughout my tenure unless players are injured. I decided to stick with Winston Reid as captain. My goals will be coming from the likely source of Chris Wood, but also from the talented Matt Stewart.

The Match

I decided to go at it with a similar 4-4-2 formation to the one I used at Darlington. I know New Zealand arent the greatest nation in the world so I feel it would be best to sit a little deeper with a rigid style. Against the likes of Brazil, England et al we arent going to be having the ball as much...so if I try get the team used to this style of play in friendlies it should be good for us if we reach the World Cup.

A good win for us in a game we dominated despite captain Winston Reid receiving an early red card. Will that play on my mind in my next selection? Maybe!! I brought on a defender to compensate and left Matt Stewart upfront on his own and he was fantastic. Afghanistan arent going to be as defensively organised as the bigger nations, but he suited being up there on his own. A goal and four assists deservidly gives him the MOTM award and we walk away with win number 1 in game number 1 under our belts.
    Last edited by SRL88; 21-01-2012 at 16:16.

Looks like an interesting thing to do for now.
    I just fancied a change. I would like to manage a club who I could spend the next 5-6 years with rather than move around like a gypsy!!! I know New Zealand is a bit of a distance from Durham...but Ive always fancied going there .

Amateur

Aaaaahhhh so much has happened since I last looked here!

International management now eh? Good luck with NZ, a nice result there against Afghanistan too!

Are you looking for another club too or are you just going to stick with NZ for now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dejay View Post
    Aaaaahhhh so much has happened since I last looked here!

International management now eh? Good luck with NZ, a nice result there against Afghanistan too!

Are you looking for another club too or are you just going to stick with NZ for now?
    Cheers Dejay .

For now Im going to stick with International Management...but I wont be staying on past the 2018 World Cup. Im not going to apply or look for a job, but if someone offers me one I will be taking them seriously and will consider them. As mentioned in post #451, I want a job which I will be at for 5-6 years and if one comes along which I can see myself staying with then I will probably join.

Third Team

Cograts on winning the playoff!You left Darlington on a high,good luck with New Zealand and a very impressive start against Afghanistan as well

Amateur

It certainly is all change, great way to win promotion. You did a great job with Darlo!

Cograts on winning the playoff!You left Darlington on a high,good luck with New Zealand and a very impressive start against Afghanistan as well
    Quote Originally Posted by City2000 View Post
    It certainly is all change, great way to win promotion. You did a great job with Darlo!

Cheers lads .

SRL88's Career - Friendlies - New Zealand

Into September and we had two friendlies against El Salvador (ranked 88th) and Chinese Taipei (ranked 197th). These were friendlies which I set up for more confidence boosters with the up and coming World Cup Play-Off Qualifier coming up in a couple of month and the squad was officially announced a few days before the game.

vs El Salvador

We had to battle for victory over the North Americans. It was a deserved victory and the goal could have been avoided but we should have won by more. Chris Wood hit the WOODwork (see the pun!!!) twice and we had a couple cleared off the line. Overall though Im pleased though. A victory is a victory and it al goes towards confidence heading into a vital Play-Off match.

vs Chinese Taipei

I expected victory and we got it, but I would rather have seen a wider margain to reflect the amount of chances we had. It was nice to see Wood score for the first time under my management as well. Following these to victories we have risen from 74th to 54th in the World Rankings.

Just thought this was worth sharing. Their first victory in the Championship in their 6th game see's Darlo sitting just inside the relegation zone.

Subs Bench

Looks like you're going along very nicely with New Zealand.

Great work in rasing there FIFA ranking so high so quickly. Taken them into the top 50 will be a great achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    Looks like you're going along very nicely with New Zealand.

Great work in rasing there FIFA ranking so high so quickly. Taken them into the top 50 will be a great achievement.
    Well we have friendlies set up against Madagascar, Iceland and Bermuda as well as the World Cup Play-Off's so hopefully we will be there soon.

Third Team

Good luck with NZ I tried managing their U20 side and it was tough to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    Good luck with NZ I tried managing their U20 side and it was tough to say the least.
    Cheers!!! The squad is pretty much filled with regens now. There is a complete lack of wingers to be fair so I have to use whats available, but others area's there are some good players. I would say they're lower level Championship quality with the odd Premiership quality player.

SRL88's Career - Friendly - New Zealand

So following the lads good start to my regime we had our next friendly at home to minnows Madagascar. I followed a pretty similar format in my squad selection which has made me realise its pretty pointless in posting it because there wernt really any changes ha.

vs Madagascar

A solid victory makes it 4 in a row for us. We dominated throughout and limited them to shots from distance which resulted in them failing to hit the target all game. Goals from centre back Michael Boxall and striker Ricki Hayne gave us a comfortable win as we move into November.

Reserves

Great warm up wins.

Great warm up wins.
    Yeah. Confidence is sky high at the moment.

So the World Cup Play-Off draw has been made....

And stood in our way and a place on the plane to Russia are Costa Rica.

Just received this offer from Dutch side MVV who find themselves sitting 14th in the Jupiler League.

Worth it or do you think I should hold out a little longer?

Third Team

Leave it a little longer,get the Costa Rica games out of the way first before looking for a job.

Reserves

Not right now

Leave it a little longer,get the Costa Rica games out of the way first before looking for a job.
    Not right now
    I shall take your advice and reject.

The Blackpool job is about to become available and if I get offered that I dont think I could turn it down. Ive been linked a couple of times.

I am definitely a wanted man!!! This time from Valladolid who are struggling in Liga adelante.

First Team Squad Member

Tempted to go?

Managing New Zealand makes this thread even better for me, how many caps/goals does Chris Wood have?

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Tempted to go?

Managing New Zealand makes this thread even better for me, how many caps/goals does Chris Wood have?
    Slightly. Im going to see if they're willing to delay until after the Costa Rica games are out the way (about 3 weeks) and then I might take it or see what is around elsewhere. Not sure yet though.

Chris Wood .

First Team Squad Member

Pretty good record for Chris Wood, I built my New Zealand team around him on FM10 he always produced for us.

Pretty good record for Chris Wood, I built my New Zealand team around him on FM10 he always produced for us.
    Ive been using him as a TM with support to feet. Not sure if this is the best role!! My other 2 strikers are a poacher and an AF.

Third Team

Chris Wood has a very good international record,if I remember right he was normally their highest goalscorer on FM11!

On my current save he has 118 caps and 118 goals (Currently 31 years old!)

Now this is the one which I have been waiting for really. Massively underperforming in the Championship with a transfer and wage budget more than capible to get this club into the Premiership.

I got offered this in and around the Costa Rica tie so I have delayed it until after but I think I have found my next destination.

Chris Wood has a very good international record,if I remember right he was normally their highest goalscorer on FM11!

On my current save he has 118 caps and 118 goals (Currently 31 years old!)
    He has been fantastic on the last few FM's. On FM11 and 12 he often goes to Arsenal on my saves.

Third Team

He's at Everton on mine after a long spell at Newcastle,he did well at Newcastle but Everton just seem to waste him on sub appearances.This season he has made 9 starts,28 sub appearances and still has managed 14 goals!

I'd take that and try to get Blackpool back in the Premiership,should be more then doable

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Ive been using him as a TM with support to feet. Not sure if this is the best role!! My other 2 strikers are a poacher and an AF.
    I used him in a classic tactic not TC, I would guess he was closer to an advanced forward but there were two wingers supplying the crosses for him.

Should be good at Blackpool, will the wage budget not make financial problems if you are not promoted reasonably quickly?

He's at Everton on mine after a long spell at Newcastle,he did well at Newcastle but Everton just seem to waste him on sub appearances.This season he has made 9 starts,28 sub appearances and still has managed 14 goals!

I'd take that and try to get Blackpool back in the Premiership,should be more then doable
    I think I will sign on the dotted line .

I used him in a classic tactic not TC, I would guess he was closer to an advanced forward but there were two wingers supplying the crosses for him.

Should be good at Blackpool, will the wage budget not make financial problems if you are not promoted reasonably quickly?
    Will probably have to get there sooner rather than later, but if I can sort their form out, they're only 10pts off the Play-Off's.

SRL88's Career - New Zealand

World Cup Qualifying Play-Off

When I took over the New Zealand job they had already topped their group in the Oceania Qualifying Round to reach the Play-Off. Stood in our way was Costa Rica who had finished 4th, behind Mexico, USA & Canada in their qualifying campaign. The media certainly tried to add pressure to the situation, but I was confident that we would get throught he tie.

1st Leg

An excellent result to give us the advantage for the return leg. Matt Stewart was everywhere on the pitch and his two goals were what he deserved. We bossed the affair to be honest and they had quite a few shots late in the 2nd half when we took our foot off the pedal. I knew we needed a positive result to take to Costa Rica but I wasnt expecting this. Really happy with how things went. Oddly, this match was played a full month before the return tie!!!

2nd Leg

Yes, yes, yes!!! What an achievement. The confidence we built with the friendlies showed and we have marched into the World Cup without much worry. An excellent performance away from home which was made a little easier with them going down to 10 men. As soon as that happened I knew we would be going through and it was just a matter of finishing the game without getting complacent. We stuck to our task and officially qualify for the World Cup as one of the 32 teams.

Reserves

Dead easy in the end.

First Team Squad Member

Brilliant, well done dude.

Amateur

Great effort with the All Whites! Are you going to stay on as their manager till the WC is over if you take the Blackpool job???? I think you should

Third Team

Congrats on qualifying for the World Cup,hope the draw can be kind to you!

SRL88's Career - New Club Update - Blackpool FC

Name: Blackpool FC
    Nickname: The Seasiders
    Stadium: Bloomfield Road (20,000 all-seater)

Well Im back in club management once again having left Darlington at the end of the 2016/17 season. I said I wanted a break from full time management and I feel I have had one. Ive put myself in a tough spot by juggling my new post at Bloomdfield Road with the job at New Zealand, but with that only being till after the World Cup I dont think it will be majorly difficult and I was officially appointed Thursday 23rd November 2017.

Board Expectations:
    Championship:- Challenge for the Play-Off's (Wont be judged this season though.......18th on arrival)
    FA Cup:- Fourth Round
    Carling Cup:- Knocked out in 2nd Round

My Expectations:
    Championship:- Play-Off's (I think its possible, but its going to be tough)
    FA Cup:- As far as possible
    Carling Cup:- N/A

Budgets:
    Transfer:- £3m
    Wage:- £465,169 (Currently spending £414,121)
    Balance:- £14,739,444 (Ding dong.......no need to worry AcidBurn )

Squad:
    I decided to post a team report because the squad is bloody huge!!! No joke, there must be 3 players to every position in it. Anyway, its a pretty good squad and they are definitely underachieving. No real need to strengthen but a few players wouldnt go a miss just to add a bit of life into the squad.

Key Player(s):
    Sam Vokes - Top scorer for the last two seasons with 18 and 23 respectively. Looks like we could be reliant on his goals again.
    Mxolisi Mbambo - Woah!! Me like . Bought for just £75k off Livingston in the 2013/14 season this guy looks quality.
    Jiri Vyskocil - Been at the club four years having arrived from Sparta Prague for £575k.
    Last edited by SRL88; 22-01-2012 at 00:13.

Dead easy in the end.
    Couldnt have asked for it to go much better really.

Brilliant, well done dude.
    Cheers mate .

Quote Originally Posted by Parkera View Post
    Great effort with the All Whites! Are you going to stay on as their manager till the WC is over if you take the Blackpool job???? I think you should
    Yeah I will stay on for the World Cup. Might as well have a crack at it and I will leave after.

Congrats on qualifying for the World Cup,hope the draw can be kind to you!
    Fingers crossed mate. We will most likely be in the bottom pot.

I think my reputation is in need of an increase because the lack of players in the player search is quite unreal.

Semi Pro

Sea, sea, seasiders!

Best of luck

Amateur

I have always liked Blackpool. Good luck with the new challenge

Sea, sea, seasiders!

Best of luck
    I have always liked Blackpool. Good luck with the new challenge
    Cheers lads .

Reserves

Now for some quality Blackpool time.

2018 FIFA World Cup Draw

So here we are, its time for the 2018 FIFA World Cup draw. Ever since the announcement this is the moment all Russians have been waiting for.

We are greeted by some ****** who has been in charge for way to long and as he rambles on with all his BS everyone slumps in their seats wondering what the hell they are listening to. Sorry, Im getting a bit carried away. Lets move on!!!

Some overweight fella joins us to make the first part of the draw. Automatically into Group A go Russia. Followed in order of groups by Argentina, Spain, England, holders France, the previous hosts Brazil, Holland and suprise top seeds Sweden to have the first part of the draw looking like this.

Next it is time to draw the second seeds and to do so is some tart. Scotland join the hosts in Group A with Ireland having the prospect of facing Argentina in Group B...ouch. Turkey are paired with Spain whilst England are given one of the toughest opponents in Portugal. Holders France are drawn with Germany whilst Brazil are given a 1994 and 1970 World Cup Final rematch against Italy. Holland are given neighbours Belgium whilst Group H see's Wales drawn with Sweden to have the draw currently looking like this.

Its now time for the third seeds which includes NEW ZEALAND. To make the draw is another fella whilst the tart stays and David Beckham looks on wondering who he can cheat on his wife with next!!!

First out of the pot and into Group A are NEW ZEALAND who join Russia and Scotland. Into Group B are South Africa and they are followed by Senegal (C), Ecuador (D), Chile (E), Nigeria (F), Ghana (G) and Ivory Coast (H) to leave us like this going into the final set of seeds.

Its now time for the fourth seeds to be drawn. Out into Group A is Japan who join the hosts, Scotland and NEW ZEALAND in what could be a pretty open group. South Korea move into Group B, Mexico are out next into Group C followed by Australia (D), Canada (E), Iran (F), Uruguay (G) and USA (H).

So that concludes the World Cup Draw and I have to say Im pretty pleased. It could have been ten times worse. Russia should run away with the group really, but second place is really up for grabs. I think we're good enough to beat both Scotland and Japan and I will be confident heading into them games. Hopefully we can grab a point against Russia as well. I will definitely be aiming for the Second Round.

Now for some quality Blackpool time.
    Looking forward to the challenge of managing Blackpool.

Happy days!!!

Amateur

Not a bad group at all for you. And that post

You should be able to pull out a second place in that group.

Not a bad group at all for you. And that post

You should be able to pull out a second place in that group.
    Shocking what the presenters on Sky Sports say these days . Looking forward to the World Cup now thanks to the group we have.

Another milestone reached!!!

Im fighting a tough battle with players at this club. A lot of them are from Blackpool's time in the Premiership (2013/14 and 2014/15) so they are now whinging about wanting a move to a bigger club.

Part-Timer

The World Cup draw was quite favorable! I dont know if you can manage qualification to the Second Round, but at least with those 3, there is hope!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast