SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

They probably will, on short contracts even a few months to go is, relatively, not that near the end enough for them to offer in a lot of cases, or agree to a request, though usually they do in the end.

Not doubt they will when I have about a month to go on my contract.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - February 2012 - Kirklareli Spor

Turkish Division Two Group A

kirklarelisporfixturesf.png

turkishseconddivisionov.png

In terms of results its a pretty solid month, but the injury list has severely hindered our performances. With so many top players out, we are struggling and are having to rely on reserve players (highest rating of 2*) to get through matches. I am beginning to believe that if I never signed the players I did, we would be in and around the relegation zone. That is evidentley shown when we struggled to beat Diyarbakirspor who sit second bottom on 4pts. On the plus, atleast we are grinding out wins which is what any 'good' team should be doing.

stevenlongstaffnewsinbo.png

Great. I might actually be able to strengthen my squad with a few good youngsters to get me through this injury plagued path I am on. What are they like?

kirklarelisporyouthcand.png

Oh, ok!!! Not what I was hoping, but whats the best rated player look like?

fethisarialiogluovervie.png

:lol: Helpful!!!

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - March 2012 - Kirklareli Spor

Summary? Great defensively, poor offensively. Pretty simple really. Our defence is extremely solid and we have set a new Division Two record which is a fantastic achievement. I was really dissappointed with the draw against Adana as they went down to 10 men and were still the better team. We are struggling though. 10 players are currently out through injury so our squad is wafer thin. The two wins were very smash and grab. If we can get to the end of the season still in the play-offs it will be a massive achievement with the players I have available to me.

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - April 2012 - Kirklareli Spor

Turkish Second Division Group A

Well it was bound to happen. We had ridden our luck quite a lot in the last few month with the injuries, and finally a side took their chances and battered us in a fully deserved defeat. We bounced back well but rounded off the month with another poor defeat.

We have a bit of a mixed run-in. If we perform the way we did in the last game, I fully expect to get battered, but our last 2 should be winnable for us to seal a play-off spot.

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - May 2012 - Kirklareli Spor

Well we struggled accross the finish line in the end. Our performances dropped, and as a result, so did our confidence. After the defeat on the final day, I held a team meeting to try and boost morale and it seemed to have worked a little, so hopefully that will aid us in our play-off bid.

The way it works is that there are two groups, grop A and B, with four teams from each group going into the play-offs. There is a one-legged Quater Final to start, the four winners move to the Semi-Final's (I would guess that is one-leg to) and the winners meet in the Final to determine the 3rd team to be promoted to the first division.

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - The Play-Offs - Kirklareli Spor

Quater-Final

turkishseconddivisionova.png

The Quater-Final's drew us against Group B side Fethiyespor who had finished 3rd in their league. I was fairly confident going into the game after I got a positive reaction from the team meeting after the previous game.

kirklarelisporvfethiyes.png

Sadly however, luck was just not on our side. We battered them, absolutely battered them. We had 2 goals chalked off, 1 for offside and 1 for a foul :mad:. They had 1 shot on goal, and then we had guess what....an injury, and after that they took advantage of the fact that we had 10 men and thats when they had 75% of their shots. Really annoyed as we should have put the game to bed and we were really unlucky in defeat.

Nice little read this, good luck with the Play Offs. :thup: Looks like the injuries hit your run-in pretty hard, but getting into the Play Offs when predicted 15th is a nice achievement, well done. :applause:

Cheers mate!!! Sadly however, as you may see, things didnt go to plan and we went sadly went out in the Quater Finals.

stevenlongstaffnewsinbop.png

I have delayed the decision until the end of the season. I dont want to commit just yet, but I will most likely sign.

Well its decision time. My delayed contract offer has come back. Do you guys think I should sign?

Cheers mate!!! Sadly however, as you may see, things didnt go to plan and we went sadly went out in the Quater Finals.

Haha... Seems I didn't refresh before I posted and missed that post, sorry to hear! :( Good luck in the coming season though.

Well its decision time. My delayed contract offer has come back. Do you guys think I should sign?

Depends if you enjoyed the challenge, if you did why not give it a go? :p Unless, ofcourse, you get a better offer else-where. :)

Depends if you enjoyed the challenge, if you did why not give it a go? :p Unless, ofcourse, you get a better offer else-where. :)

The challenge itself was fine, but the injuries really got to me and stressed me out a little ha. Just dong know exactly how much money I will get to bring people in over the summer. Think I will sign and see how it goes.

The challenge itself was fine, but the injuries really got to me and stressed me out a little ha. Just dong know exactly how much money I will get to bring people in over the summer. Think I will sign and see how it goes.

You could always sign and when/if a better opportunity arrises jump ship. :cool:

Edit: Just seen the above post, good luck with the season. :thup:

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - Season Review - 2011/12 - Kirklareli Spor

Turkish Second Division - Results 1 - Results 2 (5th - Lost in Play-Off Quater Final's)

Putting everything aside, I am delighted with how we performed throughout the season. Being predicted to finish 15th and then perform the way we did was nothing short of fantastic. Going into the winter period we suffered a massive list of injuries and at one point had 12 first team players out injured and it took its tole on the squad. We were right up there battling for the title and once the injuries hit we had a little slump in March/April and it cost us. We ended the season on a low and, although we deserved to win our play-off tie, it just wasnt our day and we went out.

Turkish Cup (Lost in 3rd Round)

We performed well, but went out to higher level opposition.

Transfers - Finances

The players brought in were needed. If it wasnt for them I can pretty much say we would have been battling relegation.

The finances are ok for a club at this level I suppose, but to start making money we really need to gain promotion. There is no TV income and very little money elsewhere.

Squad

The squad is ok, but is in need of strengthening. I dont know yet how much money I will have to spend, but I doubt it will be much and there is no le-way in terms of wages. It could be a struggle next season.

My Top 3 Player:

Huseyin Kartal - Experienced striker who was my top scorer. Upfront on his own most the season and was a good target man.

Ilkem Ozkaynak - Overall, he is probably my best player and a very good full-back. Really vital to the team.

Ishak Topcu - Really vital in the first half of the season. Sadly he missed most the 2nd half through injury, but without him we wouldnt have been in the position we were come Christmas.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season | Team | League | Country | League Position | Notes |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2011/12 | Kirklareli Spor | Second Division Group A | Turkey | 5th | Play-Off Quater Finalists |[/Code]

[size=3][b]Next Season?[/b][/size]

We overachieved this season by a long shot, so if we are to perform at a similar level I am going to need to strengthen the squad further as we ended up suffering from injuries in the 2nd half of the season. I have signed a new 1-year contract with the club, and I cant see me staying beyond next season. If another club comes in for me during the season, I will consider it, but if not then I will be leaving come the end of the season.

Unlucky on the playoff defeat, seems the wind just went out of your sails when the squad started to run a little ragged. Just bad luck, or do you think you need more strength in depth?
Still a good platform to build on.

Cheers lads :thup:. Think I need to add a few more players to the squad to be able to compete again. We acheived well above our expectations and I doubt we could do it again with the same players.

Also, on my end of season review, the code at the bottom!!! Is it uneven for all of you?? When I done a preview post, it was all lined up but isnt now when I have posted.

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - Season Preview - 2012/13 - Kirklareli Spor

Board Expectations:

Turkish Second Division:- Respectable League Position (Predicted 11th out of 15)

Turkish Cup:- Enjoy the experience

My Expectations:

Turkish Second Division:- I set my initial budgets for a top-half finish, but if we can make the play-off's again I will be delighted.

Turkish Cup:- Will be aiming for the 3rd Round again

Budgets:

Transfer:- £10,567

Wage:- £13,782 (Currently spending £12,691)

Balance:- £118,582 (+ £65,296 since last season)

Squad:

The squad has a lot more quality in it this year and Im not finished yet. We still need one or two strikers and another centre midfielder. I have a lot more confidence than I did at the end of the season.

Key Player(s):

Alisan Seker - GK: Proved vital to the team last season and when he was out injured we suffered our worst results of the season.

Barbaros Barut - DM: Solid player who will have a lot to offer.

Baris Kol - CM: Had him on loan last season and he was a solid player. Convinced me to sign him on a perminant deal.

Ishak Topcu - FW: Key player last season, and if he stays fit he will be a key player this season.

Good first season :thup: Good effort also to make the playoffs and got real unlucky in the Quarters.

Think you made the right call in sticking around for another year at least.

Cheers mate :thup:. Think it will definately be my last year. The lack of income and actually being able to attract any staff is quite annoying.

Looks like you've got alot more depth to the squad now, getting into the play-offs should be a breeze matey. :thup:

Good luck with the season. :)

Not sure about a breeze, but I think I stand a better chance ha. If the squad stays fit then we could be in with a shout of the title.

Very good first season. Glad to see you have given it another year in Turkey.

Cheers mate.

Good luck in the new season. It was a good year for you and hope you can build on that. :thup:
A solid start :thup:

Definitely worth staying for another season, you will then be able to tell if you've got a good squad capable of promotion, or you were just very lucky in the first year :)

Cheers lads :). Just loading up my save now so will give it a bash for an hour or two.

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2012/13 - Kirklareli Spor

Friendlies

A very, very good pre-season. Thanks to some fantastic performances our confidence is very high going into the opening game of the season and gives me much optimism.

Transfers

kirklarelisportransfers.png

A lot of transfer activity during the summer and it was much needed. After last seasons fantastic performance we needed to strengthen to ensure that it wasnt just a fluke. Really happy with the lads who have arrived as it adds a lot of quality to an already good squad.

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - September 2012 - Kirklareli Spor

A very frustrating month overall with two very poor away performances, and two frustrating home draws. None more evident than on the opening day of the season. Im left wondering if this is just a poor start or if we actually are performing at the level we should be and last season was just a fluke.

With plenty of jobs coming available I am debating whether or not to apply for any or to just stick it out in Turkey this season and league at the end of my contract.

Great thread, just found this! Looks like you did well to over-achieve first season, and it's always hard living up to that in your second season! Not a great start to your second season but good luck with the rest of it!.

Yeah I think we are now. Definately more of a challenge this season.

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - October 2012 - Kirklareli Spor

The month started fantastically well with our first away victory of the season, but sadly 3 draws followed. Need to turn the draws into wins if we are to challenge for a play-off berth.

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - November 2012 - Kirklareli Spor

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Now thats better!!! A perfect month for us and I was delighted that we opened November with two sides at the bottom of the table just so we could build a bit of confidence. It worked a treat as we went on to win our next two games to climb into the play-off spots.

Turkish Cup

kirklarelisporfixturesfl.png

Sadly we went out at the first hurdle this season, but we put up a fight. It was an even game and we went down to 10 men early in the second half and thats when they took advantage.

stevenlongstaffnewsinbo.png

Well, well, well. Now I have a decision on my hands. My achievements in Turkey obviously havent gone unoticed and Wycome have approached me for their vacant managers position. The contract is a huge increase on my current £250 p/w salary and also an increase in wage/transfer budget to. They currently find themselves sitting 20th in League Two.

Thoughts boys and girls???

I'd turn it down. Picked up in Turkey and you should reach the play offs. They are 20th for a reason and there is not much to play around with financially due to being so close to the wage budget. Looks like hard work and more suited to taking over that kind of job in the summer when you have time for a lot of transfers.

Hmmmmm. Not sure if we will make the play-offs. Although we had a good month and we're now in with a shout, we struggle to get hold of games and tend to get a bit lucky at times.

I have delayed the deal for a week and will then decide what to do.

Archived