Football Manager Live Finished???

When I played football manager live it was amazing for the first few seasons, it was ruined by wages not being controlled enough, stadiums were unneccassary and overly expensive and seemed to cause an actual in game recession and i think teams shouldve been given there own youth teams because it was too obvious when a regen was going to be good and there was just a massive bidding war for even the slightly good ones. If teams had there own youth teams then it couldve been alot more beneficial to new players in an older server because they might get a good regen that people are willing to pay for. I know you could build your own youth team by the way I just mean one with your own regens like on normal fm. I enjoyed the first 3 or 4 seasons of fml more than ive ever enjoyed any normal fm game so would like to see it given another go they just need to think it through better.

I think most of the workers from FML are indeed helping with FMO now. And surely FMO will have a charge attached to it, whilst not as dear as FML. Maybe the cost of FML was a main factor behind the failure of it. Who knows

FML was only a fiver a month though.

FML tested out the match engines prior to release for FM patches too. Was a great game, but unfortunately for one winner there was another loser and human nature being as it is means not everyone can handle being a loser. On FM you can tailor the game to suit what you want (sugar daddy / rags to riches / big team / team hopper etc) whereas on FM there you only had the long term game.

Shame its gone

SI really did get there fingers burnt in trying to make a online version of football manager.

Instead of using there normal format where it sells millions of copies they took a different approach with the mind of a fantasy football setup and this is why it failed.

How many PC games do you buy and find the same company using the name of that product and putting it out separate from the original game concept in multiplayer format, well none, it's always integrated.

SI need to make a dedicated server within the structure of football manager to make a online concept work and will they do it, will they heck.

Was a magnificent game at the start but SI ****ed it up by not listening to the people who knew what they where talking about who played the game. The match engine became worse, they tried to make things to complicated. When they introduced stadiums and then kept opening new gws left right and centre that was the death of it. It became all about finances in the end and without being online 24/7 you couldnt win anything. Not complaining because I was ****, I won everything numerous times in numerous GWs. I reported bugs and was fobbed off, I beta testedand told Duffy numerous times things that where killing the game but instead of listening and changing them they just introduced more bad stuff that didnt work properly instead of keeping the game simple and fixing what was already broke.

Perhaps some of the people taken off the team can make FM 2012's multiplayer more accessible so users don't have to fiddle around with Hamachi.

They are making the Korean version of football manager online, wont be anything like FML so it should be successful, as for FM12 having a good multiplayer section for cross over internet play, forget it, be years away if they choose to develop it.

Not interested, there is no demand for it and as long as they keep selling millions of just retail only version they will stick with that, shame as it has so much potential for online play.

FML was only a fiver a month though.

True. But that turns into 60 a year. 120 for two years, 180 for three years, etc., etc.

In dollars, we're looking at $8 a month, $96 a year (!), $192 for two years (!!), etc., etc.

Maybe I'm cheap, but that's frightening. Almost $100 to play a game for just a year? One can get Football Manager for $40, and play it as long as they want... and they don't have to deal with all the cheats and weasels that come with online gaming ;) .

I never played FML... £5 a month? Way too much pennies for a new concept...

I would, however, love to be able to play FM against other real players via a network game but it's not really possible to do simply because everyone has a different idea as to how the game should be played...

I've tried to join 3 different network games in the last 6 months and quit them all as the time I need to set up training, tactics, back-room, scouting, etc just isn't available online... I hate the force continue.. ideally the game should allow players to do what they need to do whilst processing in the background or only continue when every player has hit continue... I lost track of the amount of times I was forced to continue whilst in the middle of a private chat...

I won't be bothering with online play any more, ever... it's more hassle than it's worth.

• 4 months later...

Archived