[FM2011] Finally Released: AFRICAN MEGA DATABASE - more than 6000 players added!!!

FuryG

FM2011 African Mega Database

AMD.jpg

This editor data file was created by FuryG.

GENERAL INFORMATION

A Data Editor File (dbc-Format) for Football Manager 2011. Adds more than 6000 African players to the FM2011 Database!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone,

to my opinion, the largely inadequate representation of continental African football is the most severe issue that has to be taken into consideration when intending to create a more realistic gameworld within FM. So, that was my main motivation to start an overhauling of the African Database for FM2009 and FM2010, that was resleased as the AFRICAN MEGA DATABASE.

I have now transfered this update to FM2011 by creating an update which adds more than 6000 African players to the database!

Please, let me know what you think about my project. :)

Download Link

-----------------------------------

List of heavily updated countries

Benin

Botswana

Burkina Faso

Burundi

Cape Verde

Central African Rep

Chad

Congo

Dem. Rep. Congo

Equatorial Guinea

Eritrea

Ethiopia

Gabon

Gambia

Guinea Bissau

Guinea

Ivory Coast

Kenya

Lesotho

Liberia

Libya

Malawi

Mali

Mauritania

Mauritius

Mozambique

Namibia

Niger

Nigeria

Rwanda

Senegal

Seychelles

Sierra Leone

Somalia

Sudan

Swaziland

Tanzania

Togo

Uganda

Zambia

Zimbabwe

Installation:

Just put the whole folder structure of the rar archive into "editor data" directory! Please don’t change or rename the files inside the subdirectories!!!

One thing I noticed with the General Preferences file was that Transfer Preferences were added for some countries.

It would be nice to see the Description for each file as the filename is too long for the Game - you only get to see the first part of the filename.

I've updated the link in the first post with a new version which includes a description for each file. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?7v7ep350v1yc6il

Stunning work!

Congratulations FuryG, I adore african players and since many editions FM database needs a large and deep upgrade about african nations.

Only a doubt... past year 3rd patch caused a lot of players duplications, I hope that it won't happen again.

:)

Great to have this out. It makes it so much easier to manage outside of the top leagues when you have a nice pool of very affordable players to grab. The only problem is that success brings bigger clubs trying to poach them from me.

• 2 weeks later...

This is just a player update in order to get a more balanced gameworld inside FM (since Africa is terribly underrepresented in the default database, having less players than even small european countries). The African leagues that I use (which are not part of this update!) where made by myself on the basis of older FM2010 league files by miscellaneous authors.

How did you go about rating the CA and PA of the players? Or did you leave it as nothing for more randomness?

I ask because I downloaded a Japanese file to add more players of japanese nationality but they were, in my opinion, way too highly rated by the author. After a few seasons the Japanese players were among the best in the world with just about every major team having a couple of japs.

This is just a player update in order to get a more balanced gameworld inside FM (since Africa is terribly underrepresented in the default database, having less players than even small european countries). The African leagues that I use (which are not part of this update!) where made by myself on the basis of older FM2010 league files by miscellaneous authors.

Is there any chance you could throw up a file with those leagues?

A question, have you created teams in the update as well? (So if one downloads or creates an African league, there might a duplicate of teams.)

No, there are more than enough clubs in the original DB that have to be filled with squads. No clubs added.

I've added many clubs (and the corresponding players) in my high-quality update for Mali, though: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/248464-FM2011-Release-MALI-League-Structure-for-FM2011-(Ultra-High-Quality!!!!)

I have only a problem... with your db and my db

It happens that I have some players ( african) on loan to Italian teams... but in the editor there aren't!!!

Tesfaye Yoseph on loan to Juventus.... Mike Batwatse to Inter

Probably a conflict... I don't know!!

I have only a problem... with your db and my db

It happens that I have some players ( african) on loan to Italian teams... but in the editor there aren't!!!

Tesfaye Yoseph on loan to Juventus.... Mike Batwatse to Inter

Probably a conflict... I don't know!!

Well that's strange - but nothing I can do. It obviously only happens when run simultaneously with your own custom database changes, so I'm of course unable to replicate this. Never have seen such an issue myself.

question, if I have the editor data files selected to load, do I need to load all players from afrrica or african leagues to see them?

Hmm, I would recommend to do so, since otherwise it could turn out a bit unbalanced, if only the newly created players are retained, but not the players from the original DB.

• 3 weeks later...

FuryG - Incredible work, SI should really be tapping into your knowledge and expertise for the benefit of the database.

Other than your own Mali update, can you recommend anymore realistic African leagues (other than South Africa of course)?

You really should be contacting SI regarding this database.

• 3 weeks later...
tarawalie still has a potential ability of 166, despite that its -7 in the editor ????

Yeah, that's a bug in the game which messes up data that has been created with prior editor versions. Will try to get a new version done soon.

tarawalie still has a potential ability of 166, despite that its -7 in the editor ????

Yes, but it will take some time since I had to start again from scratch due to the above-mentioned bugs.

Archived