FM11 - Mehdi Carcela - A poor mans Robben?

Generation-Next

Mehdi Carcela-Gonzalez (born 1 July 1989) is a Belgian football player currently playing for Standard Liege. He also holds Moroccan and Spanish citizenship.

He was called up to the full Belgian national team, but told the Belgium Association that he needed more time before deciding whether to play for Belgium or Morocco. In December 2010 he decided to represent Morocco.

media_xl_1943476.jpg

So as I was scouting the globe with Liverpool, looking for a Left-Footed right winger. I came across this guy. Who is infact a left winger, but is okay on the right wing. Straight after purchasing him, I started to train him as a right winger & now. He's beating Dirk Kuyt and Joe Cole into the first team.

I think that this guy could be a younger Arjen Robben. Such a skillful player on the game and he's scoring for fun.

mehdicarcelaprofileattr.png

Currently my top goal scorer & the leagues top goal scorer. All for a bargain price of £2.1million

So just try the guy out, if you like him, let me know.

His latest goal & this is one of his not so good ones.

[video=youtube;RhUwIc3jI7I]

Hardly crying was I.

I said. I've found my favourite player on FM. Mehdi Carcela :L

Which was then followed my tears of joy.

I remember well, it was only 12 or so hours ago boy!

• 1 month later...

Something doesn't ring true about this guy. Just checked him out on my Athletic Club save, and he looks pretty similar to the OP, but he has transferred 3 times since playing for Standard, for a pathetic total of £2.87m. Surely if he was that good, he'd be commanding millions in transfer fees, not £950k (his last transfer, to Roma on my save in 2014-15, also was only £350k to Malaga from Espanyol the season previous).

Average rating of 6.8 over the past 4.5 seasons, plus the fact top sides don't touch him despite his stats, sums him up really.

Archived