FM is totally realistic

k9csn9.jpg

Tell me how many of you would be rage on these forums if you were chelsea manager in FM? :rolleyes:

These things happen in real life. So please don't come on here and complain.

If you do feel compelled to come on here, why not ask for people's opinion on why you got that result. Why not come on here and seek a little help yeah?

But if you still feel the need to rage, maybe FM is not the game for you ;)

Have a nice day :)

P.S.: if you have that many shots off target.....you don't deserve to win.

It happens in FM, it happens in real life.

People think it's an issue in FM because there are more instances of it happening. Well of course there are. You don't have 1,000,000 premier league seasons running simultaneously in real life :D

Hehe, good post Nep.

This title is not alarming enough. I suggest changing it to something like "UNBELIEVABLY UNREALISTIC!!! CHAMPION TO RELEGATION CLUB 25 SHOTS VERSUS 1 GUESS WHO WON THE GAME??!!"

lol I think that title would be a bit much :)

Not trying to disagree with the sarcasm, but there are far better examples of the lack of realism then this.

25 shots is a bit much, but 10 on target without a goal doesn't say much. I've seen lots of crap shots with an off shoot or such that were so slow a 5y/o could save it. So between a little luck, keeper standing on his head, and poor strikes this could be totally realistic. Just because it's Chelsea doesn't mean anything, numbers like that it doesn't matter what the teams were. But again, they are just numbers, quantity does not mean quality.

The only problem I have with performances like that is when my team dominates like this and ties or loses I can't yell at them for poor finishing because the game still gives them a good rating. So they whine if they get yelled at.

I think that you do need a way of speaking to players about the situations that Martyr 1777 mentions. All to often I saw Eddie Johnson on my Hereford save blast the ball somewhere into the next county, but because the team won 1-0 due to someone else and because he was making breaks in the defence he gets a good rating. You need to be able to sit down with players to say "well you are playing well out there, but your shooting is off, or your crossing needs to be improved if you are to stay in the first team, or your marking has been less than impressive recently" So that they don't become a 4 yr old at the supermarket when you tell them they haven't been doing well.

Not trying to disagree with the sarcasm, but there are far better examples of the lack of realism then this.

25 shots is a bit much, but 10 on target without a goal doesn't say much. I've seen lots of crap shots with an off shoot or such that were so slow a 5y/o could save it. So between a little luck, keeper standing on his head, and poor strikes this could be totally realistic. Just because it's Chelsea doesn't mean anything, numbers like that it doesn't matter what the teams were. But again, they are just numbers, quantity does not mean quality.

The only problem I have with performances like that is when my team dominates like this and ties or loses I can't yell at them for poor finishing because the game still gives them a good rating. So they whine if they get yelled at.

I'm not being sarcastic. Those are the stats from the chelsea match yesterday.

Just because it's Chelsea doesn't mean anything, numbers like that it doesn't matter what the teams were. But again, they are just numbers, quantity does not mean quality.

Thats the point. People come here complaining and raging about why they are not winning even though they are dominating possession and have some 20 more shots than their opponents. Its ridiculous and annoying.

And yes, for some people, they feel that just because they are barca or chelsea or whatever big name team....they cant lose to lower opposition because its 'unrealistic' :rolleyes:

Thats the point. People come here complaining and raging about why they are not winning even though they are dominating possession and have some 20 more shots than their opponents. Its ridiculous and annoying.

And yes, for some people, they feel that just because they are barca or chelsea or whatever big name team....they cant lose to lower opposition because its 'unrealistic' :rolleyes:

Like the genuinely hilarious thread from that guy playing as man utd who was raging because he lost 4-1 to Bolton. :D

its hard to find a guy with 2000+ post Criticize FM even if it was a obvious issue …. Funny addiction…

I've criticised FM a few times. You probably don't see many because alot of people with a high post count seem to avoid this forum because it's full of repetitive threads that we've all seen many times before.

Archived