Yaya Sanogo

Mr. D

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh what a player this guy was for me on FM10! 49 goals in all comps(was in Europa league too) cost me 5m from Manchester United but was well worth it. Him & Tafer = legends <3

But, we need a screen shot please of this thread will be closed. :/

Isn't it your job to post a screenshot if you want to recommend a player?

you've got a good point, but I'm at work at the moment, and I don't mean a print screen at the beginning of a new game, but the game you are playing right now :)

Ok, here's a screenshot about 7 seasons in:

YayaSanogoProfile_Attributes.png

This guy is amazing, he's now scored 98 goals in 122 games in all competitions for my Leeds side in the 2 and a half seasons I've had him. He was 3rd in the World Golden Ball and was named European Striker of the Year in 2016. I get opposing managers saying "Sanogo must be stopped" before every game and routinely get messages like:

AndyAceNews_Inbox-4.png

Played as a poacher he's unstoppable. And the best thing of all - he was a free signing.

Here you go. I retrained him to play as AML and he is fantastic in that position. I paid 10 million in 2011/12 season.

sanago.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks! That looks good, but I really think that if you play him as a poacher, he will score much much more.. just look at the:

finishing = 19

heading = 17

strenght = 20

acceleration = 18

off the ball = 16

(btw, you do know that you do not need to upload using imageshack, but you can just make a print screen out of fm11 directly using a combination of keys, someone help me out here please, so your print screen will not be so large :))

got him on loan in second season for pompey

certainly looks promising but in my formation hes playing as a deep lying forward which isnt ideal. Only one striker so he will be rotated anyway (with griffiths mainly)

thanks for posting progress definitley look to sign him then

I play Sanogo in a 4-4-2 as a poacher with a deep lying forward (support) along side him. Basically, my entire team and tactics are now built around using him as the finisher.

He's absolutely lethal when played that way - build the team and tactics around using him as a poacher and he'll score for fun.

I just signed him for 2 million at the start of the second season for Ajax (as well as Lukaku) as a replacement for El Hamdaoui and he's getting games right off as Romelu is injured. Playing him as an advanced forward so far 3(2) 4 goals 1 assist 7.74 avg. rating. Looks to be a steal for that price, trying to get his positioning up a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

TBH Joe not that he needs it for his position. He is not even striker who would act as a supporting one, do that he would need those three attributes. He is pure attacking force that wants to be fovcal point of attack and score goals.

Anyway, you guys for who he is scoring for fun say that he should be used as a Advanced Forward or Poacher, right? if so, then did you tweak his instructions or do you have him ticked as a Target Man?

Thanks. Cheers.

@Fabio MVP I'm in the 5 season with Juventus and i bought Sanogo from the first year, when he was only 17, and i struggled with him in the first season(although he score 15 in 30), he missed many one on one, etc...i had used him Complete(attack/suport), Advance and Target man..i wasn't satisfied with him. From the second season i used him as poacher(i also bought Pastore to pass, so this help too :) ) and he is banging goals after goals, with an average of over 1 goals/game, and he seem to convert alot of one on one now. Also i ticked Target Man(mixed/head) and learn move into channels and he's a beast scoring for fun.

I've always played him as a poacher alongside a deep lying forward (support) in a 4-4-2 and he's consistently been brilliant for me. No other tweaks to his settings. He has something like 100 goals in 125 appearances, and he won European Footballer of the year last season (his third season with me.)

It's true that he is is fairly one dimensional, as he isn't the sort of player that can play a number of different striking roles - but played as a poacher he's been fantastic for me.

It does mean he's probably only really worth looking at for teams that play with 2 strikers up front, I'm not sure he could play a lone striker role effectively (although I haven't tried.)

If you put 3 creators behind him and let him run on through balls he should do reasonably well. A second striker will usually give better through balls in my experience but 3 advanced playmakers behind him should be enough :p. You could also play him from the wing I suppose.

He would be fine, you can play with a lone poacher up front without problems, especially if they are as strong as sanogo. I would maybe tweak his run with ball to mixed at the start of his fm career until his pace/acc is around 16 and dribbling above 10.

I've been playing him as an advanced forward along side a supportive target man. A lot of his goals have been either flick-ons from the target man, or from my 2 out and out wingers providing crosses to his head

Did you ticked him as Target Man?

What an ignorant comment. Even if he is alone upfront, poacher is the best role for him. He can barely pass and he'd be wasted as dlf.

hog, i appreciate your comment, trying to help out another member, but please stay respectful

What an ignorant comment. Even if he is alone upfront, poacher is the best role for him. He can barely pass and he'd be wasted as dlf.

You lack tactical knowledge my son. Try Tactical Theoremes 10 for start. After all I only said that I personallyalways play lone striker as a Deep Lying Forward not that it should be that way all the time.

You lack tactical knowledge my son. Try Tactical Theoremes 10 for start. After all I only said that I personallyalways play lone striker as a Deep Lying Forward not that it should be that way all the time.

Got to agree with Fabio, otherwise he'd be isolated upfront.

Yeah but that's you personally, there's no specific need for it for every players. At least if you are going to recommend DLF/S for every striker mention what instructions to change such as long shots to rarely, through balls to sometimes etc.

Yeah but that's you personally, there's no specific need for it for every players. At least if you are going to recommend DLF/S for every striker mention what instructions to change such as long shots to rarely, through balls to sometimes etc.

I agree with this there is not one role for all lone strikers.

Ibrahimovic,Drogba and Dzeko i would play as complete forwards.

You cant just take something you have read in Tactical Theorems 10 (great book by the way) and apply it to all situations involving a lone striker.

I've never used the roles on my tactics as i've always favoured the classic systems and i've stuck to that (old habits die hard or so they say). I tinker alot with my tactics to suit my agenda and i feel pigeon-holed with the roles i'm afraid. I'm familiar with the systems though and i meant to say the lone striker should be on support. Poachers tend to play on the shoulder of a defender (imo) and in a lone role he'll be more isolated if anything and DLF made more sense as he'll link up better with the team, that was the point i was trying to get across.

Got to agree with Fabio, otherwise he'd be isolated upfront.

Exactly.

You too missed that I said that I personally play them as a Depp Lying Forward (Support)? So it's not a rulem just my personal prefernece. And then he comes and slates me.

You too missed that I said that I personally play them as a Depp Lying Forward (Support)? So it's not a rulem just my personal prefernece. And then he comes and slates me.

I obviously didn't miss that you said that, it's what I opened the post with :confused:

I think it's just misleading when someone comes in here and doesn't know that you always recommend that and asks for a lone striker and you tell the DLF/S. Why is it your personal preference anyway btw? I cba to read Tactical Theorems :p

Just signed him after being offered by agent for £6m in the second season for my Everton side as I am going to start bringing in the "next generation" team scored on his debut v Sunderland in the league probably should've got more but can't complain

He has terrible attributes for a dlf. If you want him on support then target man support with tweaked instructions is the role for him. But anyway, you just don't want a player like that playing deep, in any formation. He is of no use in the build up, rather let your mids and wingers to do that and let this guy score goals.

Sanogo :cool:

The guy rivalling Lukaku and Boubacar to be the greatest, strongest striker of FM11!

PA is fixed at 180 iirc, the same as Babacar.

i think Lukaku is losing ground to both of them in FM11. Boubarcar and Sanogo are guarantee success! but they are way too similar to each other, though im sure it will still work even if you play both of them together.

Brief update:

sanogo2.png

Premiership Top Scorer, English Footballer of the Year, European Golden Boot and European Striker of the Year all for three years in a row. Named alongside Aguero up front in the World Team of the Year for the last two years. World Golden Ball and World Player of the Year 3rd placed this year behind Messi and Ronaldo (who seem to be unbeatable in those award categories no matter how much better Sanogo is than them).

For the last two seasons, in terms of goals and assists he has been worth 70+ goals a season in all competitions (typically 50+ goals and 20+ assists).

sanogo3.png

His Finishing and Composure are now 20/20 so he is utterly clinical in front of goal. His Jumping and Strength are 19/20 with Heading 17, so you can make him the focal point of all your setpieces and he will score a huge number of headed goals. Penalty taking is now 18 so he's world class there too. He is the complete goalscoring solution in FM11. As an added bonus, he seems very good-natured: even when his rep hit Worldwide and he came 3rd in the World Golden Ball and World Player of the Year, I was still paying him £48,000p/w and he was perfectly happy with it.

Archived