[FM11] Team Squad XML File?

POMPEY657

I am experiencing the custom veiw bug ( http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/230992-Cutom-Views ) where the saved veiw just dissapears after a game..Now i remember in past versions, that we would have to change the team squad xml file to customise our own veiws..So would this still be possible to do on FM11 to bypass the bug that is frustrating me so much? I have used the resource archiver to extract the panels file from the path C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2011\data\updates\update-1110, but i dont see the Team Squad XML file..Could somone who is alot more clued up about this kind of thing help me out?

The updates folder only includes files that required changing for 11.1

If the team squad.xml file isn't in the panels.fmf of the update, use the one that's in the regular data folder i.e.

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2011\data\panels.fmf

Thanks for the response, but i have a few more questions if you dont mind?

This is the part i need to edit-

<!-- shown for club teams -->

<record id="sltn">

<string id="name" value="Selection[COMMENT: button in view_menu on squad screens; choose to view club stats]"/>

<record id="view">

<flags id="PtsL"/>

<!-- picked info -->

<flags id="Pnfo"/>

<!-- player status/info -->

<flags id="Pnms"/>

<!-- person name -->

<record id="Ppos" auto_hide_priority="1"/>

<!-- position -->

<record id="Pmor" auto_hide_priority="5"/>

<!-- player morale -->

<record id="Pfrm" auto_hide_priority="6"/>

<!-- player form -->

<record id="Pcon" auto_hide_priority="2"/>

<!-- player condition -->

<record id="Poap" auto_hide_priority="3"/>

<!-- overall appearances -->

<record id="Pogl" auto_hide_priority="4"/>

<!-- overall goals -->

<flags id="Poav"/>

<!-- overall average rating -->

</record>

My first question is what does this auto_hide_priority="insert number"/> mean? Im sure this wasnt in previous versions..Secondly, once ive edited it to my liking, can i then transfer this team squad.xml file into your dark better backgrounds skin?

Thanks for the response, but i have a few more questions if you dont mind?

This is the part i need to edit-

<record id="sltn">

<string id="name" value="Selection[COMMENT: button in view_menu on squad screens; choose to view club stats]"/>

<record id="view">

<flags id="PtsL"/>

<!-- picked info -->

<flags id="Pnfo"/>

<flags id="Pnms"/>

<!-- person name -->

<!-- position -->

<!-- player morale -->

<!-- player form -->

<!-- overall goals -->

<flags id="Poav"/>

</record>

My first question is what does this auto_hide_priority="insert number"/> mean? Im sure this wasnt in previous versions..Secondly, once ive edited it to my liking, can i then transfer this team squad.xml file into your dark better backgrounds skin?

Not sure exactly what it means but I suspect it'll be the order in which columns disappear if there isn't room for them horizontally. So auto_hide_priority="1" will presumably disappear first.

Once you get it to your liking you'd just need to add it to a 'panels' folder within my better backgrounds dark skin. Reload skin and it should be there.

I have managed inserting a few columns into the team selection screen, but for some reason it wont show the assists - http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss64/_POMPEY657_/CustomVeiw.jpg

Here is the xml file-

<record id="sltn">

<record id="view">

<flags id="PtsL"/>

<!-- picked info -->

<flags id="Pnfo"/>

<flags id="Pnms"/>

<!-- person name -->

<!-- position -->

<!-- player morale -->

<!-- player form -->

<record id="Paos" auto_hide_priority="7"/>

<!-- overall assists -->

<!-- overall goals -->

<flags id="Poav"/>

<flags id="Pnat"/>

<!-- nationality -->

<flags id="Page"/>

<!-- age -->

<flags id="Pcww"/>

<!-- weekly wage -->

<flags id="Pdva"/>

<!-- value -->

</record>

I also tried this-

<record id="sltn">

<record id="view">

<flags id="PtsL"/>

<!-- picked info -->

<flags id="Pnfo"/>

<flags id="Pnms"/>

<!-- person name -->

<!-- position -->

<!-- player morale -->

<!-- player form -->

<flags id="Paos"/>

<!-- overall assists -->

<!-- overall goals -->

<flags id="Poav"/>

<flags id="Pnat"/>

<!-- nationality -->

<flags id="Page"/>

<!-- age -->

<flags id="Pcww"/>

<!-- weekly wage -->

<flags id="Pdva"/>

<!-- value -->

</record>

But for the life of me, i just cant get it showing! Is there something im missing here? Oh and one more thing, does anyone know the flag for Ass Mans opinion of player ability, not the scouts?

Ah thankyou michaeltmurray, thats just what i needed!!

Lee - This is what it looks like now http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss64/_POMPEY657_/CustomVeiw2.jpg (for some reason whenever i do screen shots always looks blurry)..Remember you can adjust the size of the columns to any width you like..

Download - http://www.filefront.com/17480537/team squad.rar

Just put it into the panels folder of the skin your using, i.e Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins\fm2011bg_dark\panels

Its not perfect, but it will do until they make a hotfix for this bug..

haha, we try our best! But unfortuantly at this time i just cant see what your problem could be, you have it in the correct path, so it should be working fine. What files do you have in the panels folder? Have you unticked use skin cache, and ticked reload on confirm? Are you using the Radestocks FM2011 Dark better backgrounds skin, or the default FM2011 Dark skin within your game?

If a skins folder isn't created automatically you can just create your own one.

Created the skins folder and moved "team squad.xml" to that folder = nothing happened.

Created "\skins\fm2011bg_dark\panels" inside the skins folder and moved the same file to that place = no luck.

Where are the skins stored on the mac installation?

Using the boxed game btw, with the patch installed.

If you want to use it with one of the base skins you'll need to download the Base skins first from the stickied thread.

If you just want to apply the file to the default skins then inside the user data folder (where you created the skins folder) create a panels folder and put the file in that panels folder.

If you want to use it with one of the base skins you'll need to download the Base skins first from the stickied thread.

If you just want to apply the file to the default skins then inside the user data folder (where you created the skins folder) create a panels folder and put the file in that panels folder.

Perfect, works great now. Thanks for the help!

Looks good, the only things I can see missing from my own normal custom are potential Ability and full player status

Do you know the code for the full player status yet? I already know it for PA, so I can put that in myself

A list of codes can be found in the sections.fmf file inside the data folder. Use the archiver to extract them.I think the Agent code is "Pagn" "agent"

LOL well in the end I couldn't find the exact location of the sections.fmf but I took your word that the agent code was Pagn and it was. Thanks for that.

I used to mess around with these screens a few years ago but have come up against another problem?

I tend to like having on the selection screen a players international caps and goals now when going through the team squad.xml it says they are Poap and Pogl.

Problem is these are the same as the club ones and when I inserted them next to nationality they were for club appearances and goals only?

Any idea what the codes are for international appearances and goals? Thanks

EDIT - this has got me interested now in changing some other screens as well as at least they won't change back after every match like the custom views.

LOL well in the end I couldn't find the exact location of the sections.fmf

Any idea what the codes are for international appearances and goals? Thanks.

If you go into your FM installation folder they are located in the sub directory 'data' (if on steam it is probably in your steam/common files folder but am not sure).

You open with the archiver found in the FM Install directory/tools. Extract them to say the desktop and you can then 'edit' them to see the records.

Codes you want are 'Piap' 'international caps' and 'Pigl' 'international goals'

I don't have a folder for the skin, it's one that came with the game on Steam.

Sorry I dont the answer as I dont have the retro skin

For some reason, it's not actually showing up for me, I've put it into my <userdata>/skins/<skin>/panels for a custom skin

You have 'use skin cache' unticked? and have reloaded the skin? It should visible when you select the view>selection filter on the squad screen.

If you go into your FM installation folder they are located in the sub directory 'data' (if on steam it is probably in your steam/common files folder but am not sure).

You open with the archiver found in the FM Install directory/tools. Extract them to say the desktop and you can then 'edit' them to see the records.

Codes you want are 'Piap' 'international caps' and 'Pigl' 'international goals'

Sorry I dont the answer as I dont have the retro skin

Right.....now X Factor is over back to FM.......lmao

Thanks again for the codes that will help loads.

That did it for me, thanks. And thanks to Pompey for sharing the file. I've managed to tweak it a bit and now it's the same layout I used in FM09 and 10, so i'm happy. It's strange how irritating it is not to have the view you've got used to over the years!

Ah thankyou michaeltmurray, thats just what i needed!!

Lee - This is what it looks like now http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss64/_POMPEY657_/CustomVeiw2.jpg (for some reason whenever i do screen shots always looks blurry)..Remember you can adjust the size of the columns to any width you like..

Download - http://www.filefront.com/17480537/team squad.rar

Just put it into the panels folder of the skin your using, i.e Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins\fm2011bg_dark\panels

Its not perfect, but it will do until they make a hotfix for this bug..

Thanks mate, legend.

How did you get a background with that skin btw? When I go into graphics/backgrounds there is like 5 sections of the default background to replace so I dunno what to do.

Archived