Tarislan's American Premier League 2011 1.0 file out (fantasy USA league)

Tarislan

This is the basic release. It replaces the MLS and lower divisions of the USA with a three tier league.

The American Premier League - 20 teams (3 down)

The American First Division - 20 teams (3 up, 3 Down)

The American Challenge Division - 24 teams (3 up, special rules, Limit of 20 Over-24's, 15 Foreigners, Semi-professional, meant to be a developmental league)

The US Open Championship - 64 team Cup

The Lamar Hunt Cup - Pits the winner of the APL and the USOC.

For those who want to play with the US without all the hinky MLS rules.

http://www.filefront.com/17495882/APL.xml (or if you can't get FileFront to work...)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NKY1PREZ

Note: This is version 1.1. If there's interest, I will continue to work on the league (adding stadiums and capacity, etcetera)

Comments, bugs, thoughts, examples of what happened in your game, all welcome.

(note: If you downloaded it before the 9th of November, please re-download it)

Challenge Division - lot of amateur and semi pro clubs, i think better be if there be only pro or semi pro clubs. Also in 95% play a "grey" players.

Rest of divisions looks good, money awards looks good too.

Mayby You need help with adding players etc ? if You need that, just PM to me.

Hi Damian, the first thing you mention can be fixed by checking "Add players to playable teams" during game setup. As to the semi-pro thing, I meant for the Challenge league to be semi-pro at the start (as we're blowing the heck out of pro footy here in the US already... but there are limits), but at least with the decent funding, etcetera, as the gameworld progresses that more teams will become professional. I will go over it again, however and look to turn the amateur teams semi-pro.

weird, it was set to 150 in my file. One minute.

Ok: I double checked it, and the values were changed, I don't understand how or why, but.. as a result

http://www.filefront.com/17495882/APL.xml (or if you can't get FileFront to work...)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NKY1PREZ

This is the 1.1 file, and should be used. This is primarily a bugfix version, 2.0 is on the roadmap:

Fixes in American Premier League 1.1 File

All Challenge League Teams set to semi-pro or Professional Status

Minor tweaks of team names

Fix bug with regards to American League Reputations:

Coming in 2.0

Modding of stadiums to ensure growth of American Footy

More bugfixes and the like

Neither of the download links work for me.

The filefront downloads a long string headed by this "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

""

Followed by lots of this

<record>

<list id="files"/>

<string id="description"/>

<string id="author"/>

<record id="rule_group">

<unsigned id="id" value="1919706994"/>

<boolean id="use_game_rules" value="false"/>

<record id="season_update_day">

<unsigned id="id" value="1970300025"/>

<string id="day_of_month" value="1"/>

<string id="month" value="jan"/>

And the Chinese site doesnt seem to want to let me DL although I cant figure out why.

Hi Tarislan

This sounds great, as a tech novice, can this be added to other updates patches and other bespoke databases such as

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/236333-Super-Bladesman-s-Alternate-English-League-Structure-FM11

and

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/231047-Metal_Guitarist-s-Football-Manager-2011-11.1-Database-Update

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris: This would replace the US league, as far as I know, it would have no problems working with the Super Bladesman alternate English League Structure (as that is England only). As for the Database Update, to be honest, I *THINK* so, but not 100% sure.. all the changes he has listed are underlying edits to the database, and I'm not quite sure it doesn't break something which my edit needs. I don't believe so, though

That would be great, as long as falls under SI's rules (meaning we don't have to sign up for your site to download it :))

Nope, nobody has to sign up to get it. I just have to get around to actually uploading it (been sick the past few days and really out of it :( )

I definitely plan on downloading this league structure but not until the last FM11 patch is released. MLS with FM10 is not much of a challenge as the left side of the AI's 'brain' does not know what the right side is doing as far as squad management is concerned. I would prefer to see some roster and international player limits as they currently exist in the top level of American football but I assume I'll be able to make my own changes via the 2011 editor.

Just an update: I'm setting a time frame of January 1 for the 2.0 release of the APL11 edit file...

Current issues to be changed/added in 2.0:

Modding of stadiums (especially for lower level teams) for future growth:

Lowering of limits of 24+ year old and foreign players from Challenge League

Establishing limits of foreign players for American First Division and American Premier League

Bugfixes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Tarislan, do you still think that the next update will be out on January 1st? Also wondering if the Canadian Championship can be updated with Edmonton as the fourth team (that is what's going to happen in 2011)?

I was able to edit the Canadian Championship as a domestic cup in a Canada fantasy league I made to run alongside this file (edited it into an FA-Cup style knockout tournament), so it's certainly possible to do in this version, but I'm not sure if editing it inside a US custom league file would work.

Archived