FM11 Official Rangers FC Thread - Here we go 3 in a row!

safcrhys

Welcome To The Rangers FC Thread...

20070204194727!Rangers.png

...For Football Manager 2011

A Brief History

Formation and Early Years

Rangers FC was offically founded in 1873 but the idea of the club was originally dreamt up by its four founder members (Moses and Peter McNeill, Peter Campbell and William McBeath) in 1872. The name Rangers came from an English Rugby club whose name the men came across in a book. In May that year the club played its first ever game, a 0-0 draw against Callander FC on the pitches of Glasgow Green. The only other match played that year was an 11-0 victory over Clyde FC where the now world famous royal blue jersey's were worn for the first time. The reason that the official year the club was founded is 1873 is because this is when the clubs first ever annual meeting took place and when its first staff were elected. The first ever "Old Firm" game took place in 1888 the year Celtic was founded, Rangers lost 5-2 in what was described as a "friendly encounter" between the two sides.

The 1890/91 season saw the inception of the Scottish football league and Rangers were amongst its 10 founder members, the Gers first ever league match was a 5-2 win over Heart of Midlothian and after a long hard slog Rangers found themselves level on points with Dumbarton after the last game of the season. A play-off was held to decide who should be the inaugural winners of the league, in the end the game finished 2-2 and the title was shared for the only time in its history. The first of Rangers world record 53 league championship wins. The Blues first ever Scottish Cup win came in 1894 with a 3-1 win over rivals Celtic, by the turn of the 20th century the club had won 2 league titles and 3 Scottish Cups.

The Struth Years

The 1919/20 season heralded a great new era for the club as manager William Wilton and his number 2 William Struth initiated a Rangers dominance of the Scottish game that was to last until the outbreak of the Second World War in 1939. However it was Struth's name that would largely go down in Gers history due to the unfortunate death of Wilton in 1920. Bill Struth is known as Rangers greatest ever manager after masterminding 14 league titles before the outbreak of war.

1970's

In 1971 the Ibrox Disaster overshadowed to an extent alot of what happened on the pitch in the early 1970's. On the 2nd January of 1971 in the

traditional New Years Old Firm game, the score was 0-0 with just minutes remaining. Jimmy Johnstone then scored for Celtic but within seconds Colin Stein had equalised for Rangers. As the 80,000 crowd tried to disperse at full time, many fell down the stairway at the Copland Road end of the ground. Their momentum led to a large scale crush and 66 people lost their lives. A benefit match was played to raise funds for the victim's families took place after the disaster. A joint Rangers and Celtic XI took on a Scotland XI in front of over 81,000 fans at Hampden Park. In 1972 Rangers defeated Dynamo Moscow to win the European Cup Winners Cup, their first and only European trophy to date. Captain John Greig (the greatest ever Ger) was handed the trophy in a small room in the Camp Nou due to a pitch invasion by the Rangers fans.

Nine In a Row

Every year from 1988/89 until the 1996/97 season Rangers won the league title, nine titles in a row equalled Celtic's record. For the first 3 of these league titles the club was managed by Graeme Souness, the latter 6 was oversaw by Walter Smith in his first spell at the club.

Modern Times

In 1998/99 Rangers were managed by Dick Advocaat and he led the club to the domestic treble in his first year. The league was wrapped up at the home of fierce rivals Celtic after 2 goals from Neil McCann and a penalty from Jorg Albertz, the game was played in what was described as a "poisonous" atmosphere with numerous pitch invasions from Celtic fans and the referee needing treatment after being struck on the head by a flying object.

With the club in severe financial trouble due to the collapse of investment in the Scottish game Walter Smith returned as manager of the club in early 2007. He brought with him Rangers legend Ally McCoist as his number 2. In 2007/08 the club embarked on a UEFA Cup adventure after dropping into the competition from the Champions League. The club progressed to the final of the competition beating Panathinaikos, Werder Bremen, Sporting Lisbon and Fiorentina along the way. The final was against Zenit St Petersburg, managed by former Rangers manager Dick Advocaat. The Gers lost the match 2-0 and there were were reports of serious disturbances caused by supporters in Manchester City Centre after the match.

In the 2 year since the UEFA Cup final Rangers have won 2 league championships in a row in the never ending tug of war between themselves and fierce rivals Celtic. Celtic seem to have an advantage due to the wealth of their owner and there are rumours that current Rangers owner Sir David Murray is actively looking to sell the club in order for the team to be more competitive. Indeed this Summer was the first time Rangers had signed players for two years when James Beattie, Vladimir Veiss and Nikica Jelavic were added to the squad. There is definitely enough talent in the dressing room for another title win.

Football Manager Information

Nation - Scotland

Year Founded - 1873

Status - Professional

Reputation - National

Chairman Status - Loves the Club

Legends - Walter Smith, John Greig, Davie Cooper, Ally McCoist

Icons - Brian Laudrup, Richard Gough, Paul Gascoigne

Favoured Personnel - Ian Durrant, Jorg Albertz, Barry Ferguson, Mark Hateley, John Brown, Dado Prso, Alan Hutton

Derbies Old Firm Derby (Vs Celtic)

Fierce Rivals Celtic

Other Rivals Aberdeen

Finances Okay

Average Ticket Price £25.00

Average Season Ticket Price £400

Season Ticket Holders 42508

Estimated Value £33M (Loan Debt £20M)

Club Kits

1570_home.png1570_away.png

Third Kit

Season Expectations

The mininum expectation is that the team win the Premier League this season, as a result your transfer budget has been set at £0 and your budget at £220K p/w.

Squad Analysis

Goalkeepers

Alan McGregor - A quality keeper, should be first choice at the start of the game. (3 and a half star)

Neil Alexander - Another very good experience keeper, backup to McGregor but more than good enough to step in. (3 star)

Verdict - A very strong position not a priority for major changes early on.

Defenders

Richard Foster (D RL) - On loan from Aberdeen, good back-up for Whittaker. (2 and a half star)

Kirk Broadfoot (D RC) - A good versatile defender, back-up for right-back or centre-back. (2 and a half star)

Sasa Papac (D LC, WB L) - Another good experience versatile defender, first choice left-back. (3 star)

David Weir (D C) - 40 years old, still do a pretty good job in year one, but will need replaced. (3 star)

Andy Webster (D C) - Good back-up to Weir and Bougherra. (3 star)

Madjid Bougherra (D C) - Probably the best centre-back in the league, you'd do well to hold onto him! (3 and a half star)

Steven Whittaker (D R, WB R) - Very good right-back, good going forward and defensively. (3 and a half star)

Verdict - The defense is certainly good enough for your first season, but after that improvements will be needed, especially at centre-back where David Weir will be too old in a year, and plans should be made for replacing Sasa Papac in the long term, he is 30 and the only back-up is loanee Richard Foster who will return to Aberdeen at the end of the campaign.

Midfielders

Lee McCulloch (M C, DM, D C) - Best position is defensive midfield but can also play in the centre of midfield and at centre-back if needed, I'd recommend playing him in his natural position though, his ratings aren't that good for the heart of midfield. Aged 32 aswell so think about replacing him in the long term. (3 star)

Maurice Edu (M C, DM) - A decent enough player, plays best in defensive midfield on the game, good competition for McCulloch if you're looking to have a player in that particular position. (3 star)

Steven Davis (M CR) - A quality little midfielder and probably the best in the league, can play on the wing if Veiss is injured. Certainly good enough to have in the squad for the first few seasons. (3 and a half star)

Vladamir Veiss (M RLC, AM C) - On loan from Manchester City, a brilliant little playmaker who has the pace and ability to go past a man and get a cross in. Definitely first choice on the right wing. (3 star)

John Fleck (M C, AM LC, ST) - One for the future but certainly good enough to make his mark on the team from the start of the game, with a PA of 4 stars you will want to hang onto him as be will be brilliant in a couple of years. Unavailable for 2-3 months at the start of the game due to injury (3 star)

Verdict - You will definitely need a left midfielder if you are going to play a 4-4-2 formation, because there isn't one. Another central midfielder would be a good piece of business too, funds are tight at the club so some wheeling and dealing is your best bet. Bear in mind Vladamir Veiss will return to Manchester City at the end of the season too so you will be very short on the right wing.

Attackers

Steven Naismith (AM RL, ST) - A good young player who can also play on either wing, its good to have players who are versatile especially when the squad is so thin at the start of the game. (3 star)

Kyle Lafferty (ST, AM L) - Another young player who has good versatility, might be worth hanging onto for a couple of seasons at least. (3 star)

Nikica Jelavic (ST) - The big Summer signing for Rangers, could be used as a target man, would recommend using attacking wingers and getting lots of crosses in for him, deadly in the air. (3 and a half star)

James Beattie (ST) - Summer signing from Stoke, another one who could be used as a target man, big burly forward who can finish, bear in mind he is 32 though so is close to the twilight of his career. (3 and a half star)

Kenny Miller (ST) - The SPL's top scorer last season, very good finisher and has a good work rate, will track back and help out when needed. 30 years old but still more than good enough for this level of football for a couple of more seasons. (3 and a half star).

Verdict - Quite possibly the strongest area of the squad, there's definitely goals up top and a good mixture of experience and youth. Bear in mind that Beattie and Miller are coming to the ends of their career's however.

Recommended Formation and Starting Lne-up

rangerssquad.jpg

What Can You Achieve?

The demands of managing a club the size of Rangers are very high, doing well in European competition is very important at first to get some much needed money flowing into the clubs coffers. Eventually you will be able to build a good young team capable of winning the SPL more times than not. One target must be to win 10 titles in a row, the current record is 9. Do it and you will be an all time legend. Amazingly the club has never managed to win the European Cup either, doing this will be one hell of a challenge, but it will be worth it! It will also help increase the rep of the SPL meaning more players will be interested in playing for you!

Good luck!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FM11 Rangers FC Awards Section

Team

Biggest SPL Win -

Biggest Win in Either of The Domestic Cups -

Biggest Win in Continental Competition -

Most Goals Scored In One Season -

Most Points in One Season -

Most Games Won in a Row -

Fastest Goal Scored -

Largest Goal Difference at The End of Season -

Players

Most Goals Scored in One Game -

Most Goals Scored in One Season -

Most Assists in One Season -

Most MotM Awards in One Season -

Youngest League Goalscorer -

Highest Average Rating Over One Season -

Transfers

Most Spent on One Player -

Most Recieved For One Player -

Anybody started Rangers on the demo ?

I started with Rangers on the demo. I didn't bring anyone in nor sold anyone. Only played 3 games so far: beat Kilmarnock at home 3-0, drew with Hibs away 1-1 and beat St Johnstone 4-0 at home. So far Jelavic is my top scorer with 4 goals. Here we go 3 in a row !

Started Demo, havent brought any one in as we have no cash, not sold anyone either.

After 11 games I am top of SPL by 3 points from Hearts, in League Cup semi's.

CL - top of the group with 10 points after 4 games.

Top rating player - Jelavic 7.66 - 12 goals in 16 games, then Miller 7.58 11 goals in 13 games.

Issues though - Miller wants at least £38K a week, highest I can off is £22K, he walked away from talks.

Started Demo, havent brought any one in as we have no cash, not sold anyone either.

Top rating player - Jelavic 7.66 - 12 goals in 16 games, then Miller 7.58 11 goals in 13 games.

Issues though - Miller wants at least £38K a week, highest I can off is £22K, he walked away from talks.

Just out of interest can you name the teams in your champions league group and your results so far please mate?

The wages on this version are going to be hard and it seems a lot of haggling is needed for wages in this version.

I've started 2 games with Rangers. One on the laptop and another on the desktop.

On the laptop game I have signed Dida (GK) on a free and that is the only arrival so far. Departures, McGregor to Man Utd on loan (after I fell out with him while playing with the new private conversation function), Hutton on loan to Morton, Miller to Birmingham for £875k after he made some ridiculous contract demands, Bougherra to Everton for £3.6 million and Wylde to Morton on loan.

So £4.7 million into the coffers and how much of that did Mr Johnston give me to strengthen the squad? £700k. If I'd know that I'd have kept hold of everyone!

Oh will, live and learn, currently playing a 4-2-2-2, and this is how I lined up for game 3 in the league...

GK - Dida

DL - Foster

DR - Whittaker

DC - Webster

DC - Broadfoot

MC - Edu

MC - McCulloch

AML - K.Naismith

AMR - Davis

FC - Loy

FC - Beatie

SUB - Alexander

SUB - McMillan

SUB - Perry

SUB - Weir

SUB - Papac

SUB - Ness

Sub - Fleck

I guess you can tell I have an injury ravaged squad already, on the shelf after the Hibs game are...

Fleck - Hamstring (2-5 weeks)

Weiss - Knee (8-12 days)

S.Naismith - Ankle (10-14 days)

K.Naismith - Hip (2-3 Months)

Jelavic - Heel (6-8 days)

Add to that Lafferty being suspended for another game it leaves me kinda thin on the ground.

Results so far have been good...

FRN - H - Vs Reserves (5-0)

FRN - H - Vs Marsille (2-1)

FRN - H - Vs Madrid (2-1)

SPL - H - Vs Kilmarnock (2-0) Beatie x2

SPL - A - Vs Hibs (2-0) Beatie, Ness.

Will keep this updated as I progress.

Just out of interest can you name the teams in your champions league group and your results so far please mate?

Yip

CL was

Kobenhavn win 4 -2 at home

Sevilla win 3 -1 away

Lyon 1 -1 away

Lyon 4 -0 win at home

Kobenhavn win 3 -2 away

Yip

CL was

Kobenhavn win 4 -2 at home

Sevilla win 3 -1 away

Lyon 1 -1 away

Lyon 4 -0 win at home

Kobenhavn win 3 -2 away

Lol, pretty great results so far, especially that 3-1 win away to Sevilla and the 4-0 thrashing at home of Lyon. Nice to see us top of the CL group stage :p

cant believe it. 424 attacking formation, except the draw with Lyon where I went 4132. Also went 4132 at Parkhead, and won 2 - 0.

BUT, no one will resign. Miller, Papac, Alexander, in fact all players with Agents have refused to sign as they are asking for over the top whack of the Club. No amount of moving the numbers helps.

Glad it is the demo and by the main game, someone will have worked out how to get them to resign !!

cant believe it. 424 attacking formation, except the draw with Lyon where I went 4132. Also went 4132 at Parkhead, and won 2 - 0.

BUT, no one will resign. Miller, Papac, Alexander, in fact all players with Agents have refused to sign as they are asking for over the top whack of the Club. No amount of moving the numbers helps.

Glad it is the demo and by the main game, someone will have worked out how to get them to resign !!

I hope its not like this in the real game otherwise therer will be serious wheeling and dealing going on. Miller may not be as much of a miss as i think as he is 30 years old and you still have Jelavic and Beattie that can play upfront plus youngster Loy. Naismith, Lafferty and Fleck can also play there. I might cash in on him at the start of the full game if i have doubts he won't sign a new contract. As you say lets hope this is wroked out before main game.

I spat the dummy out with some players regarding contracts (although it seems everyone else is having issues as well!)

Sold Papac, Alexander and Miller. Brought in Jay DeMerit to replace a rather restless Bougherra

Kladec from Slavia Prague is a great bet at a cool million as a replacement for Miller.

Brought in Goncalves as replacement for Papac

Has anyone noticed an issue with the way you're meant to recommend tactics to players? I tried to get McGregor to do something or other and he said no, and out of all the options I had it was something along the lines of '..... pretty please'. And in the end he says he needs to leave before he says something he regrets and now he's unhappy cause of my comments? I'm not petrified to speak to any of my players in case I tank their morale by actually being a manager and asking them to do stuff.

OK, Ignore my previous post. That was on the laptop, have taken a much better approach on the desktop and so far so good.

Start off with the transfers.

OUT

Miller - Birmingham - £1.9m (Wanted scandalous wages so was hoofed)

Edu - West Brom - £3.6m (Was upset at the treatment of Miller so he was shown the door)

McGreggor - Fenerbahce - £4.6m (Was unhappy at selling the clubs best players, so he followed them)

Bougherra - Fenerbahce - £3.6m (Unhappy again, no time to deal with dressing room unrest so off he went)

Wylde - Partick - Loan

Hemmings - St Johnstone - £16k (M'eh)

So with alot of replacing to do I decided to follow Rangers traditions and keep it Scottish as much as possible.

IN

Dida - Free - £12.250 p/w (Ok, not here, but he was a direct replacement for McGreggor and cost nothing)

Swanson - Dundee United - £1.4m - £4,400 p/w (Midfield replacement for Edu)

Hammell - Motherwell - £275k - £8,750p/w (Probably paying too much in wages but still, good cover for Papac)

Griffiths - Dundee - £1m - £2,200p/w (Good enough to play straight away and a great replacement for Boyd/Miller)

Wallace - Hearts - £2.9m - £7,250p/w (Decided if I was going Scottish I should pick up the best left back)

Driver - Hearts - £2.9m - £6,500p/w (and I might as well have the best left winger as well, even if he is being kept out of the team by a certain Mr Naismith)

Berra - Wolves - £4.1m - £18,000 p/w (Looked at centre half and didnt fancy a combination of Webster with Weir or Broadfoot, agent touted him and I picked him up)

Total received - £13.75m

Total spent - £12.5m

Net profit - £750,000.

FYI Berra and Driver were bought on installments, the rest were cash money.

So with the ins and outs sorted the team looks like this.

4-2-2-2 although the tactics window says its a 4-2-4

GK - Dida

DL - Wallace

DR - Whittaker

DCR - Webster

DCL - Berra

MCR - Davis

MCL - Swanson

AML - Naismith

AMR - Weiss

FCR - Jelavic

FCL - Beatie

SUB-Alexander

SUB-Fleck

SUB-Weir

SUB-Hammell

SUB-Driver

SUB-Ness

SUB-Griffiths

So far in the league results have been OK.

Vs Kilmarnock 2-1 (Naismith, Weiss)

Vs St Johnstone 0-0

Vs Hamilton 2-1 (Weiss, Swanson)

Vs Dundee Utd 6-1 (Jelavic{3}, Weiss, Beatie, Davis)

Vs Aberdeen 1-1 (Davis)

Vs Hearts 3-3 (Jelavic, Naismith, McCulloch)

Vs Motherwell 3-0 (Jelavic, Naismith, Davis)

Vs Celtic 4-2 (Jelavic{2}, Beatie, Davis)

That leaves us unbeaten and the table looks like this...

P,W,D,L.....Pts

Celtic - 9,6,2,1.....20

Gers - 9,5,3,0.....18

The rest

Europe, dont ask.

Seed 1 - AC Milan

Seed 2 - Real Madrid

Seed 3 - Rangers

Seed 4 - FC Copenhagen

Bottom, 0 points from 4 games.

-Barry

OK, Ignore my previous post. That was on the laptop, have taken a much better approach on the desktop and so far so good.

Start off with the transfers.

OUT

Miller - Birmingham - £1.9m (Wanted scandalous wages so was hoofed)

Edu - West Brom - £3.6m (Was upset at the treatment of Miller so he was shown the door)

McGreggor - Fenerbahce - £4.6m (Was unhappy at selling the clubs best players, so he followed them)

Bougherra - Fenerbahce - £3.6m (Unhappy again, no time to deal with dressing room unrest so off he went)

Wylde - Partick - Loan

Hemmings - St Johnstone - £16k (M'eh)

So with alot of replacing to do I decided to follow Rangers traditions and keep it Scottish as much as possible.

IN

Dida - Free - £12.250 p/w (Ok, not here, but he was a direct replacement for McGreggor and cost nothing)

Swanson - Dundee United - £1.4m - £4,400 p/w (Midfield replacement for Edu)

Hammell - Motherwell - £275k - £8,750p/w (Probably paying too much in wages but still, good cover for Papac)

Griffiths - Dundee - £1m - £2,200p/w (Good enough to play straight away and a great replacement for Boyd/Miller)

Wallace - Hearts - £2.9m - £7,250p/w (Decided if I was going Scottish I should pick up the best left back)

Driver - Hearts - £2.9m - £6,500p/w (and I might as well have the best left winger as well, even if he is being kept out of the team by a certain Mr Naismith)

Berra - Wolves - £4.1m - £18,000 p/w (Looked at centre half and didnt fancy a combination of Webster with Weir or Broadfoot, agent touted him and I picked him up)

Total received - £13.75m

Total spent - £12.5m

Net profit - £750,000.

FYI Berra and Driver were bought on installments, the rest were cash money.

So with the ins and outs sorted the team looks like this.

4-2-2-2 although the tactics window says its a 4-2-4

GK - Dida

DL - Wallace

DR - Whittaker

DCR - Webster

DCL - Berra

MCR - Davis

MCL - Swanson

AML - Naismith

AMR - Weiss

FCR - Jelavic

FCL - Beatie

SUB-Alexander

SUB-Fleck

SUB-Weir

SUB-Hammell

SUB-Driver

SUB-Ness

SUB-Griffiths

So far in the league results have been OK.

Vs Kilmarnock 2-1 (Naismith, Weiss)

Vs St Johnstone 0-0

Vs Hamilton 2-1 (Weiss, Swanson)

Vs Dundee Utd 6-1 (Jelavic{3}, Weiss, Beatie, Davis)

Vs Aberdeen 1-1 (Davis)

Vs Hearts 3-3 (Jelavic, Naismith, McCulloch)

Vs Motherwell 3-0 (Jelavic, Naismith, Davis)

Vs Celtic 4-2 (Jelavic{2}, Beatie, Davis)

That leaves us unbeaten and the table looks like this...

P,W,D,L.....Pts

Celtic - 9,6,2,1.....20

Gers - 9,5,3,0.....18

The rest

Europe, dont ask.

Seed 1 - AC Milan

Seed 2 - Real Madrid

Seed 3 - Rangers

Seed 4 - FC Copenhagen

Bottom, 0 points from 4 games.

-Barry

Just out of interest how much in wages was Miller wanting from you? This is the thing i don't like so far that when you have a good reason to sell someone like Miller the rest of the good players suddenly become unhappyand to avoid the rest of the squad becoming the same you are forced to sell. That out of the way, i think your signings are pretty good, ive signed dida in one of my saves too. SPL results pretty decent as you say but whats happened in Europe so far? Out of interest again what were your results? :p

Yup, 30k a week from me as well.

I try to stick to a realistic limit of £25k p/w maximum which is in the ballpark the club operate on IRL so it seems a good limit for me to stick to as well.

Europe, off the top of my head as the game has crashed and the last autosave was before the Aberdeen game!

Copenhagen beat us 3-1, Milan beat us 2-1, Madrid beat us 3-1 and 4-2.

I signed Goncalves for free. The ex hearts player. Decent enough at cb

i hate just signing the same standard of player i want better going to get to jan and wait for friday :D see if SDM lets me spend in jan or let me get coin at the start of the 2nd season

i hate just signing the same standard of player i want better going to get to jan and wait for friday :D see if SDM lets me spend in jan or let me get coin at the start of the 2nd season

I know what you mean. He will do for a season then maybe sell him and get someone better, depending on how much money i have to spend.

got my copy off amazon today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gers.png

papac didnt sign a new contract so hes away, would like a few new palyers in mid, what you all suggest?

I didn't sign any midfielders in the demo as had no money. The formation you have set up is the same one i used

in the demo and it worked a treat. Top of the league and qualified for the knockout stages of the cl

Well got my game through the post :cool:, though it would come tomorrow or Monday so bonus!

Only made one signing, my favourite from the last FM Diego Buonanotte, spread the payments and paid £2.5m

I only sold Webster for £1.2m and Lafferty is on loan at Stoke. I supposedly unsettled Lafferty for not accepting an offer from Stoke when they didn't even make one, I offered him around but Stoke said no ffs. Miller looks like going as well contract negotiations with him and his agent are ridiculous and pointless they won't budge from £29,500 which is far too much probably go after Leigh Griffiths.

Just started my game and first thing I tried to do is renew contracts which seems almost impossible.

Miller's agent wants 44k a week for the player, 300k signing on fee and 100k agent fee.

Alexander's agent wants 18.5k a week for the player (managed to haggle to 10.5k).

Weir's agent wants 20k a week for the player and a 50k agent fee.

Webster's agent wants 20k a week for the player and a 66k agent fee.

In fact the only contracts I've been able to renew is Wylde and Little and that's because they don't have agents to demand sky high wages.

Just started my game and first thing I tried to do is renew contracts which seems almost impossible.

Miller's agent wants 44k a week for the player, 300k signing on fee and 100k agent fee.

Alexander's agent wants 18.5k a week for the player (managed to haggle to 10.5k).

Weir's agent wants 20k a week for the player and a 50k agent fee.

Webster's agent wants 20k a week for the player and a 66k agent fee.

In fact the only contracts I've been able to renew is Wylde and Little and that's because they don't have agents to demand sky high wages.

Ive got only 4 games left of the season and i offered the 4 you mentioned above, new contracts and they all accepted, just wait till near the end of season and offer them contracts and they'll accept.

Ive got only 4 games left of the season and i offered the 4 you mentioned above, new contracts and they all accepted, just wait till near the end of season and offer them contracts and they'll accept.

That's good to hear. Also have Papac wanting 25k a week (down from the initial 35k he wanted) but I'm considering selling as there is a lot of interest from other clubs such as Everton and Fulham.

Update: Also managed to sign my first player as well, bringing Gai Assulin in on a free transfer. Also offered a contract to Jose Goncalves in case Webster decides not to renew and also that Weir doesn't look like he'll be able to be first choice for 2 seasons.

Ok guys finished my first season so thought i'd post what ive done so far.

My formation from start of season till january was as follows

---------------McGregor

Whittaker--Bougherra--Weir---Papac

--------------McCulloch

----------Davis-------Edu

--Weiss------------------------Naismith

------------Jelavic

I had decent success using this formation in the SPL. I won 12, drew 7 and lost 1. (I wasn't happy with the amount of draws)

I then signed Rivaldo in January along with Jamie O'hara and Kyle Naughton(both on loan from Tottenham)and Mahamadou Diarra(who real madrid released) and this was when i changed my formation to:

---------------McGregor

--Weiss----Davis------Diarra----O'hara

--------------Rivaldo

--------------Jelavic

I won the league on the last day of the season by beating Celtic on our patch by 3 goals to 2. In the league cup and Scottish Cup i fielded players such as Shinnie, Wylde, Hutton and Ness as we do not have the biggest of squads and championsleague duty was to be dealt with too. Anyway in league cup i got put out at home to Celtic 1-2 in the quarter final and in Scottish cup i lost 1-2 away to Hibs also in the quarter final. Europe was pretty poor overall as i won 1 drew 2 and lost 3 but this meant i qualified for the europa league which i later lost to Ajax in the first kockout round. I'm looking forward to next season and retaining the title!

Edit: Just to add Weiss recieved the SPL player of the year award and Fleck the SPL young player of the year. Weiss was class for me in first season he scored 12 goals and got 11 assists and 7 MoM's in 34 starts for me.

Ok guys finished my first season so thought i'd post what ive done so far.

My formation from start of season till january was as follows

---------------McGregor

--------------McCulloch

----------Davis-------Edu

--Weiss------------------------Naismith

------------Jelavic

I had decent success using this formation in the SPL. I won 12, drew 7 and lost 1. (I wasn't happy with the amount of draws)

I then signed Rivaldo in January along with Jamie O'hara and Kyle Naughton(both on loan from Tottenham)and Mahamadou Diarra(who real madrid released) and this was when i changed my formation to:

---------------McGregor

--Weiss----Davis------Diarra----O'hara

--------------Rivaldo

--------------Jelavic

I won the league on the last day of the season by beating Celtic on our patch by 3 goals to 2. In the league cup and Scottish Cup i fielded players such as Shinnie, Wylde, Hutton and Ness as we do not have the biggest of squads and championsleague duty was to be dealt with too. Anyway in league cup i got put out at home to Celtic 1-2 in the quarter final and in Scottish cup i lost 1-2 away to Hibs also in the quarter final. Europe was pretty poor overall as i won 1 drew 2 and lost 3 but this meant i qualified for the europa league which i later lost to Ajax in the first kockout round. I'm looking forward to next season and retaining the title!

Edit: Just to add Weiss recieved the SPL player of the year award and Fleck the SPL young player of the year. Weiss was class for me in first season he scored 12 goals and got 11 assists and 7 MoM's in 34 starts for me.

Nice start mate.

I'm going to start my career later tonight, using Cadijk van Kaarhandel's Scottish Pyramid System, cant wait.

Ok so I sent Lafferty out on loan and sold Webster for £1.2m. I brought my FM favourite Diego Buonanotte, for £2.5m but I spread the payments he was unreal in FM10. I also got Antunes on loan from Roma and Gai Assulin for free ex-Barca player, wages are a bit high but tied down Davis and Papac, especially important was Davis before his wage demands became unrealistic.

I am experimenting with a 3-3-4 formation . Although its really a 3-5-2 as I am playing my wingers high up the pitch. I was also after Griffiths but could not get him.

The only players I have had trouble with contracts is Miller unable to get him down from £29,500.

Any ideas how to print screen on windows 7 it only seems to print the desktop and I am actually playing FM?

Ok so I sent Lafferty out on loan and sold Webster for £1.2m. I brought my FM favourite Diego Buonanotte, for £2.5m but I spread the payments he was unreal in FM10. I also got Antunes on loan from Roma and Gai Assulin for free ex-Barca player, wages are a bit high but tied down Davis and Papac, especially important was Davis before his wage demands became unrealistic.

I am experimenting with a 3-3-4 formation . Although its really a 3-5-2 as I am playing my wingers high up the pitch. I was also after Griffiths but could not get him.

The only players I have had trouble with contracts is Miller unable to get him down from £29,500.

Any ideas how to print screen on windows 7 it only seems to print the desktop and I am actually playing FM?

You should create a folder called "screenshots" in your football manager 2011 document folder by going to start > Documents > sports interactive > football manager 2011 and then use alt + f9 to take screenshots when fm is loaded up. Then go back to that folder and your screenshot will be ther :p

Ok guys finished my second season now. I won the league and scottish cup and got put out the league cup by hibs in the semi's. Got punted from Europe as well finishing 3rd in the group only 2 points behind 2nd place in the Europa League after getting knocked out of champions league final qualifier. At the start of the season i managed to sign Adam Johnson on loan from man city so i used the following formatiion:

---------------McGregor

Whittaker--Bougherra--McCulloch---Papac

---------Davis------Diarra

--Naismith----Rivaldo-----Johnson

--------------Jelavic

In January i signed Coutinho from Inter on loan for the rest of the season. He scored me 3 goals in 4 games and got 2 assists and MoM once. He got injured at end of february for 1 and a half months :( Some notable players in that season for me was Rivaldo who collected the SPL player of the season award at the age of 40. He scored me 7 goals, got 14 assists and 7 MoM's in 27 games. SPL Young player of the year went to Fleck who scored me 6 goals, 9 assists and 2MoM's in 13 games. Jelavic, however finished the season my top scorer with 20 goals, 7 assists and 3 MoM's in 33 games.

You should create a folder called "screenshots" in your football manager 2011 document folder by going to start > Documents > sports interactive > football manager 2011 and then use alt + f9 to take screenshots when fm is loaded up. Then go back to that folder and your screenshot will be ther :p

It didn't work, I have know how to use it on xp but this new laptop is just being very awkward and not printing the screen properly.

Here's the editor data with the Old Firm in the Premiership in case any of you lot want it - http://www.mediafire.com/?zgof4x2q6xq4qp7

Just save it in Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/editor data and make sure it's ticked when you start a new game. If there isn't an 'editor data' folder there then just create one.

Moved Celtic and Rangers to the Premiership, dropped Blackpool and Wolves into the Championship and moved Swansea and Cardiff to the SPL.

Printscreen and then go to paint?

Thats what I used to do but it printscreens underneath FM rather than FM. E.g. if I have my internet browser up I print screen on FM and copy it into paint and it copys what was on the internet browser rather than the FM image I want, frustrating that I have no idea whats wrong.

Archived