Sick & Tired of this!!!!!!!!!!!

I just know that I had problems with my strikers on the first patch, but once I started a new game on the new patch, I've not had any. If anything, the rate that my strikers score has been far more realistic than on FM08, when they scored far too many.

my strikers cant score either but i put it down to the shyte match engine. just hoping they do a better job with the match engine on 9.3 than the previous two attempts.

But if that's the reason, why are my strikers scoring so freely?

My strikers miss 1 on 1's all the time too. I get around it by training the "Places shots" and "Likes to round keeper" PPM's, which does reduce it somewhat. Still shouldn't happen as much as it does though. Too many 1 on 1's created in the first place.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3522/theicelandicassassinbc7.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2954/martinbutlerak9.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9505/stefanmooredi9.jpg

The above are my strikers. Their goalscoring rates seem pretty realistic. They're all getting goals, as you'll see. Okay, Moore isn't scoring all that regularly, but I don't think his goalscoring rate is unrealistic.

I have 9.2.0. And My strikers are Rooney, Berbatov and Tevez, I think they should be be scoring their 1 on 1s. No-one can score even the other team. It takes 7-8-9 CCCs before they score or if not a 30 yarder etc.

Well, you try coming down to the lower leagues wehre compure and skill are rare, then see how many easy chances your stikers miss!!! It won't just be the one on ones that you have a problem with, but also the general crapness of your players ;-)

It's the NUMBER of 1 v 1s that's the problem. The % conversion makes it look unrealistic and annoying. the actual number scored (for me, anyway) is about right.

Precisely. The game has to be entertaining and if we had a realistic amount of "chances" every match, we'd be staring at the overview screen for a majority of the match.

Every year allways the same problems and allways a new patches to fix it, I wonder if ever will be a new fm with no traditional bugs.

I putt my DCs to small closing down and defensive line deep but they still go to the center, why si , why ?

That is not true. Each release has different issues. Obviously, some do recur. But on the whole, it's different problems each year.

please stop defending fm09 in that fanboy manner when it's obvious that the game has some major problems.

If you read what I said properly, you'll see that I stated that no patch has ever fixed the issue of one-on-ones, which happens to be an issue I agree exists.

However, frankly, you don't deserve a decent response. Firstly, I am entitled to my opinion, and if you look further up the thread, you shall see evidence I have provided for my stance on this particular issue. Secondly, using the word "fanboy" is ridiculous. I've been criticising FM09 since day one, and I still have many frustrations with it. That doesn't mean I don't see positives in it, as well. If anything, it is you who needs to look at what you're saying. There are tonnes of threads in this forum in which I complain quite strongly about issues to do with FM09.

To be honest, your post has contributed nothing to the debate whatsoever.

• 10 months later...
If you read what I said properly, you'll see that I stated that no patch has ever fixed the issue of one-on-ones, which happens to be an issue I agree exists.

However, frankly, you don't deserve a decent response. Firstly, I am entitled to my opinion, and if you look further up the thread, you shall see evidence I have provided for my stance on this particular issue. Secondly, using the word "fanboy" is ridiculous. I've been criticising FM09 since day one, and I still have many frustrations with it. That doesn't mean I don't see positives in it, as well. If anything, it is you who needs to look at what you're saying. There are tonnes of threads in this forum in which I complain quite strongly about issues to do with FM09.

To be honest, your post has contributed nothing to the debate whatsoever.

Sorry Mike, saw this now :D never bothered to follow the thread up obviously. I was extremely frustrated with the game until 9.3.0, since then I've enjoyed it. Hope you have too.

Archived