Have i built an empire???? You tell me.......

Its the year 2022. Iv been Newcastle United from the off, i have:

10 league tittles & currently 10 points clear in march

7 champs cups

5 fa cups

4 league cup

plus many more cups like the world club cup etc

St James Park has a capacity 60,000. It cant be expanded any more

I 1st won the league in 2011 then i retained it untill 2016. 2017 was a bad season, runners up behind Arsenal but still won the treble!!!

Im the richest club in the world & have been for the best 6 years & im also number team in the world for the past 7 seasons

Im top of the Hall Of Fame!!!!

Stand up & give me a round of applause please!!!! No.....didnt think so!!!!!

didnt u get rich takeover begining for seson 1 or did u sit and reload until u got it?

Yeah i got taken over by a norwegian tycoon by the name of Alrid Moe 1st season & i didnt keep reloading till i got that takeover!!

Out of interest how pleased are your board? I ask this as I've yet to see them delighted but they should be with what you have achieved.

Their very pleased!! You would have thought they would be delighted wouldn't you!!!

Their very pleased!! You would have thought they would be delighted wouldn't you!!!

Exactly, this has been raised as a bug anyway. God knows what you have to do for them to be delighted.

I'm in a similar situation with Spurs.

Bet you still aren't listed as a favourite person on the information page.

This is another thing I've raised in the forum. Nbrocky said it's something the testers have raised and it's being looked into.

Well if you have a shedload of money it will be easy won't it? I haven't got FM09 but it seems these tycoon takeovers are pretty common, perhaps it's ruined the game, you just buy success?

On another topic I have managed to become favoured personnel at Juventus after 4 seasons. I've won Serie A and CL double in my third season, and Serie A and Coppa Italia double in my second. Luck of the draw? Or maybe there are other factors which lead to this?

Me as Newcastle WITHOUT a big buyout and new board, as Newcastle won:

Premiership x 7

League Cup x 7

FA Cup x 5

Community Shield x 5

UEFA Super Cup x 3

UEFA Cup x 1

UEFA Champions League x 5

World Club Championship x 4

I then left Newcastle in 2020 to Tom Tomsk.

Yet I didnt make it into favoured club personal :p bastards.

I'm in 2014 with Hull and we are just entering our first title challenge after oh....6 seasons of building (got relegated in the first season then promoted straight back)...

Perhaps not the best record in history (19th - Prem, 1st - Champ, 13th - Prem, 15th - Prem, 14th - Prem, 8th - Prem)...currently 2nd in Prem at 1/2 way...

Took me ages to get used to the tactical side of the game but now my time taken, and investment in youngsters due to lack of major funds has paid off.

Well if you have a shedload of money it will be easy won't it? I haven't got FM09 but it seems these tycoon takeovers are pretty common, perhaps it's ruined the game, you just buy success?

On another topic I have managed to become favoured personnel at Juventus after 4 seasons. I've won Serie A and CL double in my third season, and Serie A and Coppa Italia double in my second. Luck of the draw? Or maybe there are other factors which lead to this?

you can never just buy success. you have to do things right & i did just that!!

I played one season with Farsley Celtic and won Blue Square North and FA Trophy and i got on their favoured personnel so maybe different boards have different expectations

I did the same with a BSN side and got nothing. Went on to win two more league titles and 1 cup in the next 3 seasons...still nothing. Favored personnel is broken. My board went to delighted with me for a month or so this year, so maybe I'll finally make it.

Archived